IPB Elegia Style© Fisana

Merch Gwyar's Blog

Photo

So Proud of MFI!

Posted by Merch Gwyar , 11 March 2013 - * * * * * · 1,909 views

http://i.imgur.com/7....png  UPDATE!   MFI has now told his version of events.  Go to his blog to read all about it: Accidental 15 Minutes of Fame - My View        Runeshark currently have this livestream going for RS2007 .  MFI has been watching them since they started, so he was watchi...

Photo

R.I.P. Marlaine - A Great Runescape Blogger

Posted by Merch Gwyar , 05 March 2013 - - - - - - · 2,509 views

It was with great sadness that I learned last night that Marlaine had passed away IRL.  H Alger and Fred both came to tell me, which I thank them for.  Runescape lost a great player last December.Marlaine was an inspiration to many Runescape bloggers.  She certainly was for me.  Marlaine's Musings  featured on many a RSS feed, and was frequently the s...

Photo

I <3 Fake

Posted by Merch Gwyar , 02 March 2013 - - - - - - · 1,104 views

http://i.imgur.com/q.../qqPsHlJ.png  I bumped into Fake (aka Tree Helpers) in Varrock West Bank and he gave me the water talisman that I needed!  :D

Photo

Respirte Number One Miner in Runescape

Posted by Merch Gwyar , 23 February 2013 - - - - - - · 1,684 views

This is from yesterday, when Respirte owned the known (RS2007) world in mining.http://i.imgur.com/wfN0Dnw.png  

Photo

Runescape 2007: Back to the Beginning of it All

Posted by Merch Gwyar , 23 February 2013 - - - - - - · 3,467 views
runescape, 2007, canting, fishing and 4 more...
Zach and I stood fishing on the shores of Port Sarim, rushing our catch to the range at Rimmington.  A few yards away, Tabt raised her combat level on over-sized rats.  Miles away in Falador and Varrock, MFI and Low-Ki were busily fighting for mining spots.  Their ores were smelted into armour for us all.Someone died halfway across the world.  Helm Larder...

Photo

So It's 2007....

Posted by Merch Gwyar , 20 February 2013 - - - - - - · 1,519 views

'I had a moral dilemma yesterday standing in Varrock Bank.   I was selling anti poison potions and had been for a while, when a group of PKers came in.   I naturally did a roaring trade, as half of them had been poisoned and I'd lifted my embargo on selling to PKers.   But then one woman, obviously dying from poison, came and stood next to me, jus...

Photo

Jagex Glassdoor Reviews

Posted by Merch Gwyar , 05 December 2012 - - - - - - · 1,644 views
jagex
Is anyone else reading with interest the reviews of Jagex on Glassdoor ?  While I'm well aware that it's most likely the disaffected and unhappy who write on such sites, it does make fascinating reading.  And it confirms all that we've been thinking about the input of Insight Venture Partners .

Photo

Canting Meeting: October 25th 2012

Posted by Merch Gwyar , 27 October 2012 - - - - - - · 813 views
canting, lightarrow88

Thank you very much for recording it, Lightarrow88!

Photo

Canting! We Need You!

Posted by Merch Gwyar , 24 October 2012 - - - - - - · 800 views
citadel, canting, msclick
I've just received a message from MsClick.  We need just four more people to pass through the doors of the citadel before the reset, in order to upgrade.

The work is done.  It's just a head count now.  Run!  Run!  Please run!  There's a loom upgrade resting on this!

*blows kisses into the wake of Canters*  Thanks!

Photo

Vivathia's Say

Posted by Merch Gwyar , 09 October 2012 - * * * * * · 2,087 views
squeal of fortune, vivathia and 2 more...
Towards the end of last month, two players were permanently banned from Runescape.  They had not broken any rules.

When I first heard this story, I reacted like I guess that most of you are reacting right now.  'Yeah, yeah, they must have done something!  Botting?  RWT?'  I've seen screen-shots of their ban logs.  Fargrist and Vivathia were...

Photo

Hiscores October 1st 2012

Posted by Merch Gwyar , 08 October 2012 - - - - - - · 1,418 views
hiscores, october2012

Posted Image

I've barely stepped foot in Runescape this past couple of months.  I do miss the Canting gang, and I do feel guilty about not pulling my weight in the citadel.  But every time I log in, I see that Squeal of Fortune crap appear.  It reminds me of all who...

Photo

The TRUTH About Calanon and MFI

Posted by Merch Gwyar , 15 August 2012 - - - - - - · 1,520 views

I've met them now and they are both ridiculously tall.  They are also a lot younger than you imagine, when you are canting with them on the interwebz.  

I'm with them in a city centre, typing on a Mac in an Apple Store.  

Testing complete.

Photo

Mod Poppy Leaving Jagex

Posted by Merch Gwyar , 12 July 2012 - * * * * * · 4,948 views

It was with great sadness that I learned today that Mod Poppy has left Jagex.  I appear to be a couple of days behind the news, but thank you to Tasoansteel for letting me know.

I was genuinely shocked when I found out about this.  I've met Poppy three times now and, on each occasion, her love and enthusiasm for the company seemed boundless. She...

Photo

Relationship Advice

Posted by Merch Gwyar , 07 July 2012 - * * * * * · 1,271 views

Who was the blogger who used to (possibly still does) give advice on relationships?   I've got one for him here.

You probably all know by now that I'm writing loads of articles over on Wizzley.  As part of that, I have an analytics program which, amongst other things, tells me what...

Photo

Egghebrecht Leaves Runescape Over Squeal of Fortune

Posted by Merch Gwyar , 02 July 2012 - - - - - - · 1,983 views
Squeal of Fortune, SoF, Jagex
Another good man left Runescape today.   In reality, it's not the day that Egghebrecht walked out - that was when Squeal of Fortune was introduced to the game - it's merely the moment when his membership finally ran out.  You can read all about it, in his words, over on his...

Photo

Canting Beats Sal's Realm (Again)

Posted by Merch Gwyar , 01 July 2012 - - - - - - · 1,603 views
Canting, Sals Realm, Soul Wars and 1 more...
Canting Away met Sal's Realm of Runescape in Soul Wars today.  Naturally Canting emerged victorious!   Thank you very much for those players on both sides, who came to join in.  

I do love my clan!  I love the healthy mix of terrifying fighters and laid-back skillers, which lead to comments like...

Photo

Hiscores on July 1st 2012

Posted by Merch Gwyar , 01 July 2012 - - - - - - · 1,327 views
Hiscores

Posted Image

In truth, I've barely logged on this past month.  In between a busy time IRL and that sense of sickness that I feel whenever I see Squeal of Fortune, there's neither been the time nor inclination.  I miss my Canting friends and I miss the fact that Runescape used to...

Photo

Are People Being Forum Banned Because of Me?

Posted by Merch Gwyar , 25 May 2012 - - - - - - · 2,444 views
Jagex
I've only just seen this, but it doesn't provide a great deal of background.  Is anyone able to bring me up to date?  

Photo

No More Radio Silence: My Jagex Trip

Posted by Merch Gwyar , 10 May 2012 - * * * * * · 6,477 views
Jagex, Runescape and 1 more...
Before I go into the fine detail about my trip to Jagex, I want to address the contentious issues of Squeal of Fortune and the NDA. I know that many of you reading will only be interested in those, so it'll save you wading through the rest of my waffle.

There was a NDA, as we all knew that there would be. It wasn't the one on the door, that...

Stats

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Recent Comments

Search My Blog

My Blogs

Current Goals

• Get a cameo in one of Massecure's RSMVs
  • 85 Dungeoneering
  • Void Deflector
  • Green Runecrafting Outfit
  • Blue Runecrafting Outfit
  • Yellow Runecrafting Outfit
  • Mobilising Army Outfit
  • Level 2 Castle Wars armour

Noticeboard

To visit Canting Away, log into Runescape and click on the chat channel icon (a group of yellow people).  Type in:  Canting.  

Everyone is welcome.  We're a very informal group of people, of all ages, skills, combat levels and interests.   You'll equally find people killing cows straight off Tutorial Island to those soloing Corp; you'll find skillers, PKers and everyone in between, all canting away, while we do our thing.  

Canting = chatting in local slang.  It's a chat channel in the very literal sense of that. Posted Image

Canting Away Hiscores- Most of the generals have the password to this, so if you want to be added, just tell myself or a general.
The Canting Away Chronicle- Weekly online newspaper based on our blogs
Canting Away website - created by Fred
Canting Away website - created by Mking
Canting Away website- created by Doomcreator0
Canting Away forums- created by Rafftank and Krazy Karl5
Canting Away Video Game - created by Reaver

We have a mission!

The Never-Ending Well Saga

Canting Away Rules

It is permissable to kick:

1, Anyone spamming repeatedly, by which I mean '@@@@@@@@@@' or 'plz plz plz plz' or any unacceptable repetition of someone's name. Anything which renders conversation impossible, because the eight lines are being filled with one person posting such things. Discretion should be used. Mid-quest, it's quite feasible that someone will post 'omg!', followed by a second line of 'omg!' before calming enough to flesh out the detail.

2, Anyone being racist, homophobic, sexist, attacking individuals solely on their creed, culture, religion, disabilities or special needs, combat and skills level, mode of playing (f2p or p2p) or economics.

3, Anyone asking for personal information.

Otherwise, I see no need to kick anyone. No kicking should happen without clear and understood warnings; no kickings should happen whilst I am in the room, as, if it's needful, then I'm quite capable of doing it myself.

Videos

For Windows Media etc
Click to play; right-click and 'save target as' to download
or else,
there's my You Tube Channel

Other Runescape Blogs

These are people who would have been in my favourites before I got too many and it went out of hand.Now in a handy blogspot link:  Blogs I Follow

If you think you should be on this list, either comment in my blog, or write interesting blogs yourself often, so I'll eventually find you in the official blog list and not want to let you go. *stalker face*