• Forum Moderator
  • 5,823 posts
  • Joined 04 November 2005
  • Skin: IP.Board
  • R.S. Name: Yuanrang
  • R.S. Status: Retired

Posted 10 January 2007 - 10:25 AM

JaGeX said:

Deep within the Kharidian Desert, south of Shantay Pass, unrest is growing within the cities of Menaphos and Sophanem. With the threat of the Devourer still lurking in the shadows, the High Priest of Icthlarin has deemed it time to make contact with the citizens of Sophanem who had fled to Menaphos in the face of the recent plague. Thus far his attempts have proved futile, however, as Menaphos remains wary of the contagion and refuses to comply.
Perhaps all is not lost, though! Perhaps some brave soul will step up to this challenge and help out the High Priest! They will need to be well versed in the ways of the desert lands, having survived Icthlarin's Little Helper as well as Gertrude's Cat and Prince Ali Rescue. Adventurers with a desire to help should brave the desert as far as Sophanem and seek out the High Priest in the shade of the temple found in the south-west of that city.

Be prepared for what an ancient dungeon full of dangerous high-level creatures might throw at you. Rumour has it that certain sturdy inhabitants of this town have recently vanished during attempts to make contact with those over the river, so folk afraid of physical danger should probably steer well clear of this mission. Especially likely to come to a sticky end are those who rush in blindly and unprepared, though the careful and nimble explorer might find that success comes relatively easily. Those who prove themselves in this task can expect not only generous Thieving and Combat experience, but a new weapon that will prove most potent against Kalphites and other, as yet mysterious, foes. These rewards will come from both the High Priest and more unexpected sources; will you be among the first to experience them?

Make sure to pack your lantern, tinderbox, food, and plenty of guts, though maybe not your life savings. You'll need them for one of the most dangerous places in RuneScape!

(No, honestly, we really mean that.)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In other news...

Fans of Barbarian Assault will be glad to hear that we've fixed a number of bugs in that popular minigame, including the issue whereby players' side-interfaces occasionally disappeared and the problem with the Horn of Glory interface getting closed. On a lighter note, the egg launchers have had their mechanisms adjusted so that they should no longer shoot innocent-looking pet cats.

If you're waiting to be recruited for a game of Barbarian Assault, please note that you'll now need to turn on the ACCEPT AID option if you wish to receive recruitment offers. This option is controlled by the button on the left of the Run/Walk toggle.

The animations of the defender weapons have been adjusted to fix the problem where players appeared to stop walking for a moment if they got hit while wielding a defender.

The effect of the Flames of Zamorak spell is to temporarily reduce its victim's magic level. This was not working against players who'd boosted their magic levels (such as by drinking a potion). We have now fixed the spell to make it drain its victim's magic level, even if that level had been boosted. A corresponding bug has been fixed with the Claws of Guthix.

Posted Image
Remember The Titans!

If you have a valid complaint about a punishment given for an infraction,
please contact one of our Administrator Overlords or PM me.

Posted Image

#2 OFFLINE   Sparhawke

Sparhawke

I had a cookie but I eated it :(

• Retired/Inactive Mod
  • 8,085 posts
  • Joined 09 May 2006
  • Skin: Elegia
  • R.S. Name: SirSparhawke
  • R.S. Status: Member

Posted 10 January 2007 - 10:26 AM

gonna check it out :)

One of the most dangerous places in Runescape?

Does this mean one of the super-high level areas I posted about some time ago?

Edited by Sparhawke, 10 January 2007 - 10:29 AM.

World 66 Law Running is back and they need runners!! QFC: 201-202-50-62338397

Posted Image

“Thinking is easy, Acting is difficult

And to put one's thoughts into action is the most difficult thing in the world ~ Goethe”

Make money in Runescape

Runescape Combat Money

#3 OFFLINE   Cxkslei

Cxkslei

Void Knight

• Forum Member
  • 8,962 posts
  • Joined 03 November 2005
  • R.S. Status: Freeplayer

Posted 10 January 2007 - 10:30 AM

I am already heading out to the desert.
There are no skill requirements listed, just those quest.

#4 OFFLINE   Morte

Morte

Samsara never talks to me on Skype

• Retired/Inactive Mod
  • 4,013 posts
  • Joined 04 November 2005
  • R.S. Name: More Tea

Posted 10 January 2007 - 10:30 AM

I'm anxious to find out what the new weapon against Kalphites are. Go members, Go!!!

#5 OFFLINE   Neutral

Neutral

Count Draynor

• Banned Member
  • 1,025 posts
  • Joined 10 August 2006

Posted 10 January 2007 - 10:33 AM

Cool questn but no skill reqs :)
That's gonna be one tough quest :)
Gonna check out rsc, peeps prolly have pics there

.~.

#6 OFFLINE   Luckyx

Luckyx

Aberrant Specter

• Forum Member
  • 2,843 posts
  • Joined 10 September 2006

Posted 10 January 2007 - 10:37 AM

If only I could finish that pesty Itcharin's quest....

#7 OFFLINE   Cinariel

Cinariel

Tree Spirit

• Banned Member
  • 2,039 posts
  • Joined 01 May 2006
  • R.S. Name: Cinariel

Posted 10 January 2007 - 10:38 AM

Might be the coolest qeust of all! Come on, dont read, go and get me screanies! :)

Posted Image

#8 OFFLINE   Princess Sjd

Princess Sjd

Tomato

• Forum Member
  • 2,372 posts
  • Joined 04 August 2006
  • R.S. Name: Princess Sjd

Posted 10 January 2007 - 10:42 AM

Deep within the Kharidian Desert, south of Shantay Pass, unrest is growing within the cities of Menaphos and Sophanem. With the threat of the Devourer still lurking in the shadows, the High Priest of Icthlarin has deemed it time to make contact with the citizens of Sophanem who had fled to Menaphos in the face of the recent plague. Thus far his attempts have proved futile, however, as Menaphos remains wary of the contagion and refuses to comply.
Perhaps all is not lost, though! Perhaps some brave soul will step up to this challenge and help out the High Priest! They will need to be well versed in the ways of the desert lands, having survived Icthlarin's Little Helper as well as Gertrude's Cat and Prince Ali Rescue. Adventurers with a desire to help should brave the desert as far as Sophanem and seek out the High Priest in the shade of the temple found in the south-west of that city.

Be prepared for what an ancient dungeon full of dangerous high-level creatures might throw at you. Rumour has it that certain sturdy inhabitants of this town have recently vanished during attempts to make contact with those over the river, so folk afraid of physical danger should probably steer well clear of this mission. Especially likely to come to a sticky end are those who rush in blindly and unprepared, though the careful and nimble explorer might find that success comes relatively easily. Those who prove themselves in this task can expect not only generous Thieving and Combat experience, but a new weapon that will prove most potent against Kalphites and other, as yet mysterious, foes. These rewards will come from both the High Priest and more unexpected sources; will you be among the first to experience them?

Make sure to pack your lantern, tinderbox, food, and plenty of guts, though maybe not your life savings. You'll need them for one of the most dangerous places in RuneScape!

(No, honestly, we really mean that.)
No!  I am at Uni,  and can't try new quest till later :)  Gutted.  Sounds good though.  Dangerous too *gulp*

Fans of Barbarian Assault will be glad to hear that we've fixed a number of bugs in that popular minigame, including the issue whereby players' side-interfaces occasionally disappeared and the problem with the Horn of Glory interface getting closed. On a lighter note, the egg launchers have had their mechanisms adjusted so that they should no longer shoot innocent-looking pet cats.

You could shoot cats? :)  Why bring a cat to the game anyway?

If you're waiting to be recruited for a game of Barbarian Assault, please note that you'll now need to turn on the ACCEPT AID option if you wish to receive recruitment offers. This option is controlled by the button on the left of the Run/Walk toggle.
Why was this introduced?  :) I mean, you go in the room to be recruited, and if you don't want a recruitment, then just decline.

The animations of the defender weapons have been adjusted to fix the problem where players appeared to stop walking for a moment if they got hit while wielding a defender.

No idea there was a problem with that

The effect of the Flames of Zamorak spell is to temporarily reduce its victim's magic level. This was not working against players who'd boosted their magic levels (such as by drinking a potion). We have now fixed the spell to make it drain its victim's magic level, even if that level had been boosted. A corresponding bug has been fixed with the Claws of Guthix.

Again, I did not know about bug

Not a bad update.  :)
I may be gone but you can all still find me at my new blog :)

http://princess-sjd.blogspot.com/

#9 OFFLINE   Zamma

Zamma

Dagannoth

• Forum Member
  • 2,498 posts
  • Joined 20 April 2006

Posted 10 January 2007 - 12:03 PM

Nice to have another high level quest. :)
Posted Image

#10 Guest_Byty_*

Guest_Byty_*
  • Guests
  • Joined --

Posted 10 January 2007 - 12:22 PM

Sweet! Another quest! And its a high lvl one!

Great job, Jagex!

#11 OFFLINE   Demsale

Demsale

Count Draynor

• Forum Member
  • 1,016 posts
  • Joined 30 October 2006
  • R.S. Name: Demsale
  • R.S. Status: Inactive

Posted 10 January 2007 - 12:46 PM

i am expecting this to be a combat 100+ quest, and i'm hoping that it is, because that means its got better rewards :)
Posted Image

#12 OFFLINE   Filipe

Filipe

Skeletal Wyvern

• Forum Member
  • 983 posts
  • Joined 04 February 2006

Posted 10 January 2007 - 12:47 PM

a friend just finished.. he sent me pics
Posted Image

Old school Runescape player.

#13 OFFLINE   mr human calculator

mr human calculator

Crawling Hand

• Forum Member
  • 153 posts
  • Joined 06 January 2007

Posted 10 January 2007 - 12:56 PM

sounds good

#14 OFFLINE   sheepie

sheepie

Monkey

• Forum Member
  • 129 posts
  • Joined 06 January 2007
  • R.S. Name: miguelking1

Posted 10 January 2007 - 02:03 PM

noooooooooooo not ictlarins little helper... i hate that quest. havent completed it yet
this is my signature, isnt it great?

#15 OFFLINE   S Comet

S Comet

Unicorn

• Forum Member
  • 427 posts
  • Joined 24 November 2006

Posted 10 January 2007 - 04:19 PM

Umm...i just got hit a 14 and a 16 on one of the wall spike traps and a 15 from a locust rider!!!!
that is dangerous!!!
This is the Funniest Forum Thread so far--->Noobs Say the Darnest Things
Goals: 85/99 Fishing, 87/99 Cooking, 60/99 Hunter
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Spoiler
Don't Click Here[/code]

#16 OFFLINE   Theo

Theo

Tree Spirit

• Forum Member
  • 2,041 posts
  • Joined 14 January 2006

Posted 10 January 2007 - 04:22 PM

seems like an okay quest and i think the weapon will do wonders in kalaphite hunting.

Posted Image

Oppinion is immunity, to being told you're wrong
Paper, Rock, and Scissors, they all have their pros and cons

#17 OFFLINE   Firestorm

Firestorm

Zamorak Monk

• Forum Member
  • 575 posts
  • Joined 11 March 2006

Posted 10 January 2007 - 04:27 PM

It's about time the high levels get a quest!
I LOVE KITTENBLOB!!!!!! CLICK HERE I love ya lady :o SIKE, I dont wanna be Whiskas!!!!
Posted Image Go forth Saradomin!
Posted Image  Keep up the good work!
Posted Image-My first Runescape Sig!!!!

Posted Image

Sorry Cxk, But you don't make the rules about who uses Pips in thier Sigs or not. However, I am quite a good detective in real life! =D

#18 OFFLINE   Filipe

Filipe

Skeletal Wyvern

• Forum Member
  • 983 posts
  • Joined 04 February 2006

Posted 10 January 2007 - 04:35 PM

View PostTheo, on Jan 10 2007, 08:22 PM, said:

seems like an okay quest and i think the weapon will do wonders in kalaphite hunting.
i saw a pic of a guy hitting a 40 with it in a kalphite!

Old school Runescape player.

#19 OFFLINE   Nyarlathotep

Nyarlathotep

Menaphite Thug

• Forum Member
  • 1,493 posts
  • Joined 08 November 2005
  • R.S. Status: Retired

Posted 10 January 2007 - 04:59 PM

View Postlipinho, on Jan 10 2007, 03:35 PM, said:

View PostTheo, on Jan 10 2007, 08:22 PM, said:

i saw a pic of a guy hitting a 40 with it in a kalphite!
Are you serious?
Credo, sed non serviam

Starting to open your eyes and you finally understand what the future has in store for you.

And what do you see when you open your eyes?

Well, it's a short life, and sometimes I look in the mirror, and I see everything has disintegrated. And I disappear and then I'm just not there anymore. I don't mind that it's a short life, growing old and disappearing. It's the pain that scares me; I just don't understand why there has to be so much pain...

#20 OFFLINE   Cxkslei

Cxkslei

Void Knight

• Forum Member
  • 8,962 posts
  • Joined 03 November 2005

Posted 10 January 2007 - 05:25 PM

Posted Image

Yep, super strong against Kalphite like monsters.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users