IPB Elegia Style© Fisana

Skills, Rarity, Capes And Skill-less plz read to help....

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Masterjadenc_*

Guest_Masterjadenc_*
  • Guests
  • Joined --

Posted 04 January 2008 - 06:34 PM

It's come to my attention that almost 4/7 players have skillcapes nowadays.  I've decided to get one myself, crafting.  i've noticed something else, too.  everytime i see someone with a skillcapes its usually one of the following:

-Attack
-Strength
-Hitpoints
-Fletching
-Cooking
-Quest
-Woodcutting
-Firemaking

Um... why??  Well in most cases combat skills are usually to 99 for better accuracy, lasting longer in battle, hitting better, ect.  Well, the actual "skills" (not quests) are easier, u get more xp for doing a task in those skills.  So heres my conclusion:  How are firemaking, woodcutting, fletching, strength and cooking skills anymore?!  Waaay to many people have those skillcapes to be honest.  Rarity chart is as following (1-10 on rarity [1 is most rare, 10 is least])

Attack:8
Defence:6
Strength:10  (most common, over 18,000 players ranked 99)
Hitpoints:8
Prayer:7
Firemaking:9
Fletching:9.9
Ranging:5
Magic:6
Crafting:1
Mining:1
Smithing:3
Fishing:8
Cooking:9.9
Construction:5
Hunter:3
Farming:4
Slayer:5
Herblore:4
Thieving:2
Summoning: (won't be seeing the skillcape for around 1-2 months)
Runecrafting:5
Quest:9
Agility:2

Ok plz tell me if i forgot a skill and plz don't forget to wonder about this.

And remember, this is based over my data of one-month of skillcape watching.  Everytime I saw a skill cape, I recorded it and wrote it down.

Thanks GotWater, had the feeling I was missing one.

Edited by Masterjadenc, 04 January 2008 - 06:42 PM.

#2 OFFLINE   GotWater

GotWater

Monkey

• Forum Member
  • 139 posts
  • Joined 20 September 2007
  • Skin: Elegia
  • R.S. Name: Da Woobie
  • R.S. Status: Freeplayer

Posted 04 January 2008 - 06:40 PM

You forgot agility

#3 OFFLINE   kalipop

kalipop

Mime

• Forum Member
  • 4,374 posts
  • Joined 06 September 2006
  • Skin: Deviant

Posted 04 January 2008 - 06:47 PM

This is more of a discussion topic than questions really, but just because people tend to train certain skills more often than others does not make those skills any less viable.  Granted I don't wear my quest or cook capes much anymore, but when I got both of those, not many people had them.  

For cooking, only 4.1k people had 99 cook the day capes came out, me being one of them, so it was an elite group for a while, especially since there was no cook x  for me until I was at least half way done with cooking.

And a lot of ppl didn't do quests because they wanted to pk, and ppl with high quest pts were often made fun of.

Just because ppl aren't wearing the capes don't mean that they don't have them either.  Instead of watching people for a month, you could have just looked up each skill to see how many ppl have 99 in it, with the exception of the quest cape.  

So just because a lot of people have 99 in a skill, doesn't mean it's not really a skill anymore.  It's only expected that more people will achieve 99's as time passes.  When 1 million ppl have 99 slayer, does that mean it's not a skill anymore?  No, it means simply that those people played long enough and trained long enough to EARN that distinction.  

You're saying that you want to go for crafting, which is pretty rare.  The only reason it's rarer is because it takes huge amounts of cash to train quickly, but technically, you can pretty much "buy" that skill.  Does it make it less of an accomplishment?

Edited by kalipop, 04 January 2008 - 06:48 PM.

Random stats: 713th person to get 99 farm, 2nd Slammer to get 99 farm
   150m Total exp -2/10/10
2100 total levels -3/17/10
2200 total levels -6/01/10
2400 total levels - 6/02/12
200M Total Exp/2250 total levels - 8/20/10
250M Total Exp - 3.11.11
Max Cape 4/14/13

#4 Guest_Masterjadenc_*

Guest_Masterjadenc_*
  • Guests
  • Joined --

Posted 04 January 2008 - 06:52 PM

View Postkalipop, on Jan 4 2008 at 06:47 PM, said:

You're saying that you want to go for crafting, which is pretty rare.  The only reason it's rarer is because it takes huge amounts of cash to train quickly, but technically, you can pretty much "buy" that skill.  Does it make it less of an accomplishment?
  you do make a good point, but im doing it fairly, as an actualy skill, unlike ppl who "buy" that their skills.  i only have 4m (well actually 3.8 now) and thats not enough for me to get to lvl 71, let alone 99.  i'm working hard, getting my own materials, not buying them to get through itquickly, i can't afford to do that.  but u do make a good point.

#5 OFFLINE   kuemper

kuemper

Because I shouldn't have to be normal

• Forum Member
  • 5,517 posts
  • Joined 05 September 2006
  • R.S. Name: Kitt Fox
  • R.S. Status: Member

Posted 04 January 2008 - 06:52 PM

So because I have 4 skill capes, they make the skills not skills? Are you saying the "common" capes make the skills they represent worthless? Is my thieving cape "better" than my cooking cape because it's "rare" to see?

Cooking, fletching, firemaking are really easy to get if you've got millions to plunk down to buy the raw materials. The capes are great for stats - the only better cape is fire cape from beating Jad - and if you can get a trimmed cape, you get +4 to prayer.

Posted Image

#6 OFFLINE   Serendipity

Serendipity

Dharok the Wretched

• Forum Member
  • 3,653 posts
  • Joined 12 July 2006
  • R.S. Name: Euphonie
  • R.S. Status: Member

Posted 04 January 2008 - 08:53 PM

View PostMasterjadenc, on Jan 4 2008 at 07:34 PM, said:

It's come to my attention that almost 4/7 players have skillcapes nowadays.  I've decided to get one myself, crafting.  i've noticed something else, too.  everytime i see someone with a skillcapes its usually one of the following:

-Attack
-Strength
-Hitpoints
-Fletching
-Cooking
-Quest
-Woodcutting
-Firemaking

Um... why??  Well in most cases combat skills are usually to 99 for better accuracy, lasting longer in battle, hitting better, ect.  Well, the actual "skills" (not quests) are easier, u get more xp for doing a task in those skills.  So heres my conclusion:  How are firemaking, woodcutting, fletching, strength and cooking skills anymore?!  Waaay to many people have those skillcapes to be honest.  Rarity chart is as following (1-10 on rarity [1 is most rare, 10 is least])

Attack:8
Defence:6
Strength:10  (most common, over 18,000 players ranked 99)
Hitpoints:8
Prayer:7
Firemaking:9
Fletching:9.9
Ranging:5
Magic:6
Crafting:1
Mining:1
Smithing:3
Fishing:8
Cooking:9.9
Construction:5
Hunter:3
Farming:4
Slayer:5
Herblore:4
Thieving:2
Summoning: (won't be seeing the skillcape for around 1-2 months)
Runecrafting:5
Quest:9
Agility:2

Ok plz tell me if i forgot a skill and plz don't forget to wonder about this.

And remember, this is based over my data of one-month of skillcape watching.  Everytime I saw a skill cape, I recorded it and wrote it down.

Thanks GotWater, had the feeling I was missing one.

So after i spent 7 million buying lobs :P You're telling me that the cooking cape i hope to get is "worthless?" Not to mention the hours of clicking twice a minute and the long hours trying to sell lobs... And I think with 3.8M, 99 crafting is way out of reach unless you spend months or years killing green dragons :wub:

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users