IPB Elegia Style© Fisana

Monkey Madness Help I read the guide and still died, so how about that GreeGree?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Helphyre

Helphyre

Gnome Child

• 17 posts
  • Joined 28 April 2007
  • Skin: Elegia

Posted 15 January 2008 - 12:11 AM

Well, I attempted Monkey Madness sometime last year, and may I just say, it does indeed live up to its rumored stress-inducing qualities.   :)

I wasn't quite ready and didn't switch my Prayer on quite fast enough before the demon started attacking me, and then wouldn't you know it, my connection froze for a millionth of a second...
And BOOM!  I was dead.   :D
All of which kind of combined to make my "YEARGH!" at 3am (ok, yeah, well, I didn't have anywhere to go the next morning, y'know?) somewhat understandable under the circumstances.  :grindteeth: :grindteeth:  

When I read through the Monkey Madness guide, it said to have the Monkey GreeGree and the M'Speak Amulet in my inventory when I went to fight the demon at the end of the quest.  
The problem is that I did so, and when I died, I kept the M'Speak Amulet, but the GreeGree was lost.
The guide doesn't say how to get it back, at least it didn't last time I looked at it.  I went back to Ape Atoll and talked to the baby monkey and told him I lost it, but he just started crying.  I picked a banana and used it on him, but he said, "I have no use for that, Uncle."  Other attempts to talk to him only got me "The Monkey Child is too busy crying..." in the chat box.

Any advice?  Where do I get a new Talisman?  I have monkey corpses in my bank, but the Talisman eludes me.

Thanks for replying.  :)  It's getting a bit beyond me!   :grindteeth:

Greetings and salutations, Sir or Madman!
I regret to inform you that I may accidentally irritate you.
I only ask that you please bear in mind that I am most definitely not trying to.

"I'd rather accept an ugly truth that saved my life than believe a beautiful lie that killed me."

"I just don't want to die without a few scars, I say. It's nothing anymore to have a beautiful stock body. You see those cars that are completely stock cherry, right out of a dealer's showroom in 1955, I always think, what a waste." -- Fight Club by Chuck Palahniuk (p. 39)

#2 OFFLINE   kalipop

kalipop

Mime

• Forum Member
  • 4,377 posts
  • Joined 06 September 2006
  • Skin: Deviant

Posted 15 January 2008 - 12:50 AM

That stinks, sorry to hear that.  Happened to me twice and lost 1m in items myself.  Try to pick a less populated world to account for lag.  For the greegree, you are just supposed to get it back from the little kid again I thought, since thats what I did.  You might want to look at your quest log again if you haven't to see what it says in regards for that.  I used a cannon at the end, which made it a lot easier as I ranged him at the same time.
Random stats: 713th person to get 99 farm, 2nd Slammer to get 99 farm
   150m Total exp -2/10/10
2100 total levels -3/17/10
2200 total levels -6/01/10
2400 total levels - 6/02/12
200M Total Exp/2250 total levels - 8/20/10
250M Total Exp - 3.11.11
Max Cape 4/14/13

#3 OFFLINE   Use The Force

Use The Force

Monkey

• Forum Member
  • 133 posts
  • Joined 13 January 2008
  • R.S. Name: Yodaman208
  • R.S. Status: Member

Posted 15 January 2008 - 01:33 AM

To get a Monkey GreeGree back, you have to buy a Magical Talisman from the Magic shop in Marim (The city on Ape Atoll.) You then have to get the corresponding Monkey Bones to the monkey you want to take the form of, and bring the Talisman and Bones down to Zooknock, in his dungeon.

For the final Demon fight, I suggest using the best spell you can, or range it with Mithril+ arrows. I used around 100 Fire Blasts and the Jungle Demon was dead. You can hide on the little bridge things, as the Jungle Demon is too big to fit on them. Once you're safe from his melee attack, use Protect From Mage and cast away :grindteeth: I advise you take a couple of Prayer Potions with you, as I almost ran out of Prayer. (I brought  a 3-dose potion >__<:grindteeth:

Good luck :grindteeth:

100+ Combat
1396 Total level

http://img124.images...holycrapwu5.png

Your Signature is oversized, resize it according to the Signature Rules which can be found in the Forum Rules. ~Yuan

#4 OFFLINE   Helphyre

Helphyre

Gnome Child

• 17 posts
  • Joined 28 April 2007

Posted 15 January 2008 - 03:27 AM

View Postkalipop, on Jan 15 2008 at 12:50 AM, said:

That stinks, sorry to hear that.  Happened to me twice and lost 1m in items myself.  Try to pick a less populated world to account for lag.  For the greegree, you are just supposed to get it back from the little kid again I thought, since thats what I did.  You might want to look at your quest log again if you haven't to see what it says in regards for that.  I used a cannon at the end, which made it a lot easier as I ranged him at the same time.

Yeah, dialup can be frustrating.  But they just won't put DSL in for my area yet, so...  :grindteeth: Thank you for the tips on lag, though.  :)

Fortunately, I wasn't wearing very expensive stuff, so I was alright if we're talking gp.  :grindteeth:
You got the GreeGree back from the Monkey Child?  How?  Like I said, I talked to him, but no luck, he just kept crying.  I did check my quest log, and no luck there either.  

Is there a trick to getting it back from the Monkey Child?

Use The Force: To get a Monkey GreeGree back, you have to buy a Magical Talisman from the Magic shop in Marim (The city on Ape Atoll.) You then have to get the corresponding Monkey Bones to the monkey you want to take the form of, and bring the Talisman and Bones down to Zooknock, in his dungeon.

For the final Demon fight, I suggest using the best spell you can, or range it with Mithril+ arrows. I used around 100 Fire Blasts and the Jungle Demon was dead. You can hide on the little bridge things, as the Jungle Demon is too big to fit on them. Once you're safe from his melee attack, use Protect From Mage and cast away :) I advise you take a couple of Prayer Potions with you, as I almost ran out of Prayer. (I brought a 3-dose potion >__<;)

Good luck :)

Good battle tips, thanks! :D  The little bridge things were hard to find, due to the graphics (well, it's bamboo, so it's lots of little lines on top of little lines).  I spent the 5-6 seconds I was alive in there looking for them.  Where are they, exactly?   :grindteeth:

I was just wondering--to buy anything from the shops on Ape Atoll, don't you have to be in monkey form or have already completed the quest?

I only ask that you please bear in mind that I am most definitely not trying to.

"I'd rather accept an ugly truth that saved my life than believe a beautiful lie that killed me."

"I just don't want to die without a few scars, I say. It's nothing anymore to have a beautiful stock body. You see those cars that are completely stock cherry, right out of a dealer's showroom in 1955, I always think, what a waste." -- Fight Club by Chuck Palahniuk (p. 39)

#5 OFFLINE   kalipop

kalipop

Mime

• Forum Member
  • 4,377 posts
  • Joined 06 September 2006
  • Skin: Deviant

Posted 15 January 2008 - 03:34 AM

Yes, you need to be a monkey to buy anything, so you can not buy the quest greegree again from the shop.  If I remember what I did, I'll repost, otherwise good luck
Random stats: 713th person to get 99 farm, 2nd Slammer to get 99 farm
   150m Total exp -2/10/10
2100 total levels -3/17/10
2200 total levels -6/01/10
2400 total levels - 6/02/12
200M Total Exp/2250 total levels - 8/20/10
250M Total Exp - 3.11.11
Max Cape 4/14/13

#6 OFFLINE   mag3

mag3

Dwarf

• Banned Member
  • 281 posts
  • Joined 05 October 2007
  • R.S. Name: mag3p00nag
  • R.S. Status: Member

Posted 15 January 2008 - 04:16 AM

sorry to hear tht i had i bit of lagg but i ran like hell to the brige stayed there till it whent down and ddsed it i remeber waht it hit 3-2 th how much hp it had left
[img]http://sigs.runeaddict.net/statsigs/6/57ffff/d41100/022/006/005/015/mag3p00nag.png[/img]
85 attack 75 defence 81 strength 82 magic 75 range 94 woodcutting

#7 OFFLINE   Helphyre

Helphyre

Gnome Child

• 17 posts
  • Joined 28 April 2007

Posted 16 January 2008 - 06:09 PM

View Postkalipop, on Jan 15 2008 at 03:34 AM, said:

Yes, you need to be a monkey to buy anything, so you can not buy the quest greegree again from the shop.  If I remember what I did, I'll repost, otherwise good luck

Ahh, ok.  Well, thanks for your help.  I would so love the info, but if you don't remember it's ok of course. :rolleyes:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users