Steve

• Retired/Inactive Mod
  • 11,856 posts
  • Joined 09 November 2005
  • Skin: Elegia
  • R.S. Status: Retired

Posted 10 February 2008 - 03:03 PM

What to Include in a Request
Do you want a signature (or any other graphics) from our artists here? Don't know what you need to include? Here are some things you should include in your request:
Size
Text (size, font face, and color)
Main colors
Style - What should it be like? Should it be a random abstract thing? Should it be dirty grunge?
Images - If there are any images you want on it, you need to provide them. If they are rendered (cut out) then you have a much higher chance of having someone make you a signature.

Also, when requesting, don't be too picky. We can't make everything perfect. Don't keep asking for minor changes. If its close, use it. We put a lot of effort into these. Which leads me to another point. If you request something, you are expected to use it. Don't ask for something and never use it.

Here are some good sites to get renders from.
Clan Templates
UG Renders
Render Me
GameRenders Gallery
When your request has been filled, edit your first post and add this to the topic name; [Completed]

#2 OFFLINE   Angel Hayley

Angel Hayley

Dharok the Wretched

• Forum Member
  • 3,613 posts
  • Joined 29 June 2007

Posted 12 February 2008 - 09:12 AM

i noticed that many people when requesting images they tend to keep on asking the artists to redo the images or edit them because they don't look like how they want it to be. hey come on, doing the images ain't easy. ask to redo if the image is not up to standard. minor issues like borders can be added yourselves. also everyone's interpretation of your description of the image is different, so no doubt images may not turn out the way you want it to be.

also, don't flame when you don't like the new image. just accept it first and ask for another one politely.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

~ I love you Shelley ~

#3 OFFLINE   Naughty

Naughty

Oomlie Wrap

• Forum Member
  • 1,521 posts
  • Joined 04 April 2006
  • R.S. Name: PvpPulse
  • R.S. Status: Member

Posted 24 March 2008 - 04:48 AM

A great site to get renders from is:
www.planetrenders.net/renders/
:aware:
~iSmile

Posted Image

|.Naughty|

#4 OFFLINE   Freez

Freez

H.A.M. Guard

• Forum Member
  • 733 posts
  • Joined 31 May 2008
  • Skin: Deviant

Posted 24 July 2008 - 04:16 AM

For renders I tend to use www.planetrenders.net/renders/ for renders, I find it's better than the other ones, it has more choice.
I LIEK CHOCOLAT MALK
Spoiler

#5 OFFLINE   littlejr5

littlejr5

Tree Spirit

• Forum Member
  • 2,013 posts
  • Joined 18 July 2006
  • Skin: IP.Board
  • R.S. Name: The W 5

Posted 24 July 2008 - 11:20 PM

Rest In Peace, justified said that already. Anyways, I also have something to say. Kind of what Kuraudo said,  thank them very much, and you should put a thanks in your sig for what they did for you, all the time. They took good time making a signature for you when they could be doing something else.  :aware:  That's all I have to say.  :)

~iSkill :)

Edited by iSkill, 24 July 2008 - 11:20 PM.

#6 OFFLINE   tawk

tawk

Aberrant Specter

• Forum Member
  • 2,844 posts
  • Joined 16 January 2008

Posted 31 July 2008 - 03:12 PM

View PostiSkill, on Jul 25 2008, 02:20 PM, said:

Rest In Peace, justified said that already. Anyways, I also have something to say. Kind of what Kuraudo said,  thank them very much, and you should put a thanks in your sig for what they did for you, all the time. They took good time making a signature for you when they could be doing something else.  :aware:  That's all I have to say.  :)

~iSkill :)

Well, first off, sorry for posting this as it has made a mega bump when Vikash posted, but I've never gotten a thank you in a sig for when I made it (Except for Riot ♥) and sometimes I get a little =\ but yeah, It's not tht important..

#7 OFFLINE   Magic of Woodcut

Magic of Woodcut

Baked Potato With Butter

• Forum Member
  • 6,403 posts
  • Joined 24 August 2007
  • Skin: Delicate
  • R.S. Name: Pivoty
  • R.S. Status: Inactive
  • Clan: Canting

Posted 23 September 2008 - 06:21 AM

Planetrenders is amazing. I use it each time, since I can't ever find a new one, but it's the best I've seen online.

And to the sticky, I use Thunderclaw's request for posts, the creator of the stall's form when requesting otherwise :huh:

Posted Image

PM me to sign my sig!

Spoiler

#8 OFFLINE   Thunderclaw

Thunderclaw

Abyssal Leech

• Forum Member
  • 1,172 posts
  • Joined 02 December 2006

Posted 26 September 2008 - 08:04 PM

I think that this could be useful:
Explination of Order Forms:
Size: This is where you state how big it is going to be. Graphics should be specified, otherwise the creator gets to choose and you can't complain. Signatures can be at most 500x200.
Picture/image/render: This is your picture. The ones that you supply should be transparent. Check PlanetRenders for transparent renders. You just have to copy the web address of the page the picture is on. For runescape picture, just mention which one(s) you want. Post address URL's for stocks and anything else.
Text: This is where you tell the creator what you want the piece of graphics to say.
Background Color(s): This is where you tell the creator what the main color(s) is/are going to be.
Scandlines: Posted Image
Border: This is if you want something around it. You can specify but it might not be made exactly the way you want it.
Text Animation: This is only availale for underbanners or pips. You can have text/items change to something else every 1-5 seconds if you want.
Font: This is where you tell us how your text should look like. E.g. Like this or this. Check out DaFont for cool fonts. Bear in mind that they have to be free! Please specify this unless you want an underbanner or pip. Those always use the visitor font.
Other: Any specific info you need, as in text location or links.

Edited by Thunderclaw, 15 December 2008 - 05:53 PM.

#9 OFFLINE   Magic of Woodcut

Magic of Woodcut

Baked Potato With Butter

• Forum Member
  • 6,403 posts
  • Joined 24 August 2007
  • Skin: Delicate
  • R.S. Name: Pivoty
  • R.S. Status: Inactive
  • Clan: Canting

Posted 14 October 2008 - 04:51 PM

View PostThunderclaw, on Sep 26 2008, 08:04 PM, said:

Size: This is where you state how big it is going to be. Signatures/banners must be specified, otherwise the creator gets to choose and you can't complain. Signatures can be at most 500x200.
Picture/image/render: This is your picture. The ones that you supply should be transparent. Check PlanetRenders for transparent renders. You just have to copy the web address of the page the picture is on. For runescape picture, just mention which one(s) you want.
Text: This is where you tell the creator what you want the piece of graphics to say.
Background Color(s): This is where you tell the creator what the main color(s) is/are going to be. Please specify this. Preferably colors that are part of the picture.
Scandlines: Posted Image Whether you want it or not. This is only available in underbanners. May not be available everywhere.
Border: This is if you want something around it. You can specify but it might not be made exactly the way you want it. It is usually going to be just a black line.
Reflect Text: This option is only available for pips. You can choose to have your text reflected, as seen in this example:Posted Image Currently, only Thunderclaw's Graphics shop makes these.
Text Animation: This is only availale for underbanners. You can have text/items change to something else every 1-5 seconds if you want. May not be available.
Font: This is where you tell us how your text should look like. E.g. Like this or this. Check out DaFont for cool fonts. Bear in mind that they have to be free! Please specify this unless you want an underbanner or pip. Those always use the visitor font.
Well at least I use it :huh:

Posted Image

PM me to sign my sig!

Spoiler

#10 OFFLINE   Ming Der

Ming Der

Mime

• Forum Member
  • 4,334 posts
  • Joined 15 July 2007

Posted 02 December 2008 - 12:56 AM

View PostThunderclaw, on Sep 26 2008, 08:04 PM, said:

Size: This is where you state how big it is going to be. Signatures/banners must be specified, otherwise the creator gets to choose and you can't complain. Signatures can be at most 500x200.
Picture/image/render: This is your picture. The ones that you supply should be transparent. Check PlanetRenders for transparent renders. You just have to copy the web address of the page the picture is on. For runescape picture, just mention which one(s) you want.
Background Color(s): This is where you tell the creator what the main color(s) is/are going to be. Please specify this. Preferably colors that are part of the picture.
Scandlines: Posted Image Whether you want it or not. This is only available in underbanners. May not be available everywhere.
Border: This is if you want something around it. You can specify but it might not be made exactly the way you want it. It is usually going to be just a black line.
Reflect Text: This option is only available for pips. You can choose to have your text reflected, as seen in this example:Posted Image Currently, only Thunderclaw's Graphics shop makes these.
Text Animation: This is only availale for underbanners. You can have text/items change to something else every 1-5 seconds if you want. May not be available.

When you say "Currently, only Thunderclaw's Graphics shop makes these." That is advertising for you ^_^
Also, what if you're a drawer like me?

-Ming :wub:

Posted Image

Your existence annoys me.

#11 OFFLINE   Freez

Freez

H.A.M. Guard

• Forum Member
  • 733 posts
  • Joined 31 May 2008
  • Skin: Deviant

Posted 06 December 2008 - 08:12 AM

View PostThunderclaw, on Sep 27 2008, 01:04 AM, said:

Why can scanlines only be used on underbanners?
I LIEK CHOCOLAT MALK
Spoiler

#12 OFFLINE   Thunderclaw

Thunderclaw

Abyssal Leech

• Forum Member
  • 1,172 posts
  • Joined 02 December 2006

Posted 10 December 2008 - 04:37 PM

I changed it to fit for all.