IPB Elegia Style© Fisana

Jump to content


Locked Accounts Help please


  • This topic is locked This topic is locked
20 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   diablo 926

diablo 926

    Gnome Child

  • New Member
  • 20 posts
  • Joined 25 March 2008
  • Skin: Elegia

Posted 25 March 2008 - 11:13 PM

UPDATE: Ok so i got my new agreement number, new transaction ID, and old agreement number and transaction ID. I sent a new appeal and waiting until monday.

Edited by diablo 926, 04 April 2008 - 11:01 PM.

Posted Image

#2 OFFLINE   Grazer

Grazer

    Unicorn

  • Forum Member
  • 444 posts
  • Joined 06 October 2007
  • Skin: Deviant
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Australia, in this little bugger called Tasmania.
  • R.S. Status: Retired

Posted 26 March 2008 - 12:28 AM

Try looking in RuneScape help :aware:

And anyway.

1 - Do you have recoveries? If no, then you account is as good as gone.

2 - If so, type in the answers. If you cant remember the questions... well I cant help you. What do you do?

3 - if you CAN remember the questions, put them in and fill out the rest of the form.

Good luck in getting the ol' account bacK! :aware:

Posted Image

Quest Point Cape as of April 2014. Eight years, no 99's.


#3 OFFLINE   Razorlike

Razorlike

    In Minkowski-space Sals is my (0,0,0,0)

  • Retired/Inactive Mod
  • 3,163 posts
  • Joined 04 November 2005
  • Skin: Elegia
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Netherlands
  • R.S. Name: Razorlike
  • R.S. Status: Retired

Posted 26 March 2008 - 01:10 AM

It could be locked, just by playing on the same IP as your friends.
Mostly locks are installed before an account is actually stolen.
The only thing you can do is enter as much information as you can, and wait.

~Razorlike


Posted Image
Posted Image


#4 OFFLINE   diablo 926

diablo 926

    Gnome Child

  • New Member
  • 20 posts
  • Joined 25 March 2008
  • Skin: Elegia

Posted 27 March 2008 - 10:43 PM

Ok... Apparently an agreement number + everyother possible thing isnt enough to recover it... But the recovery questions are glitched or something because all they say is Answer to question 1, Answer to question 2 ect. I can't believe all the time i played and there just going to not give it back. I would rather have been hacked then not get my account back. The password isnt changed so i dont see how they suspect its stolen, Wow. Way to go runescape, 244 quest points and all that for nothing. Stupid.
Posted Image

#5 OFFLINE   Pizza Om Nom

Pizza Om Nom

    Swarm

  • Forum Member
  • 653 posts
  • Joined 15 December 2007
  • Skin: Elegia

Posted 28 March 2008 - 12:04 AM

What the hell is wrong with jagex, can't they give people a bit more freedom in the game... i can't even say 'get lost' to a noob without having the fear of being banned, this is ridiculous..

A guy plays a same IP as his friends, big deal, not something to lock accounts for.

Edited by Spybot, 28 March 2008 - 12:06 AM.


#6 OFFLINE   diablo 926

diablo 926

    Gnome Child

  • New Member
  • 20 posts
  • Joined 25 March 2008
  • Skin: Elegia

Posted 29 March 2008 - 06:05 PM

Any suggestions on what i should do?

Please any help would be awesome, Is there anyway i can talk to a mod?

How many characters does a Transaction ID consist of? letter/numbers? or just numbers? Can it be shown on my credit cards website?

Edited by Egghebrecht, 04 April 2008 - 04:36 AM.

Posted Image

#7 OFFLINE   LeeskiRamm

LeeskiRamm

    Abyssal Walker

  • Forum Member
  • 1,828 posts
  • Joined 02 September 2007
  • Skin: Elegia

Posted 31 March 2008 - 08:10 AM

Don't double-post let alone triple!

Anyways, it's just a game full of pixels, nothing to have a mental breakdown about, why don't you go and see a councellor/psychiatrist.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image


#8 OFFLINE   diablo 926

diablo 926

    Gnome Child

  • New Member
  • 20 posts
  • Joined 25 March 2008
  • Skin: Elegia

Posted 31 March 2008 - 10:47 PM

 POIUY the GREAT, on Mar 31 2008 at 09:10 AM, said:

Don't double-post let alone triple!

Anyways, it's just a game full of pixels, nothing to have a mental breakdown about, why don't you go and see a councellor/psychiatrist.


Haha, counselor you mean? I'm not even going to respond to that "insult" just because its obvious your level of eduction/age. If its just full of pixels, First, get actually good stats and do 200 quests. Then i suggest you lock your account and never be able to get it back. Then respond.
Posted Image

#9 OFFLINE   Matt T

Matt T

    Witchwood Icon

  • Forum Member
  • 5,269 posts
  • Joined 04 October 2006
  • Skin: Elegia
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New Zealand
  • R.S. Status: Inactive

Posted 31 March 2008 - 11:14 PM

 Spybot, on Mar 28 2008 at 06:04 PM, said:

What the hell is wrong with jagex, can't they give people a bit more freedom in the game... i can't even say 'get lost' to a noob without having the fear of being banned, this is ridiculous..

A guy plays a same IP as his friends, big deal, not something to lock accounts for.
You actually realize that Jagex locks accounts for their own protection, so they don't have to ban them for breaking rules, or so people don't loose their items? They aren't thinking "Hey Johnny over there's having a good time, let's go lock his account just to annoy him!" If 'get lost' was the only thing someone typed, that isn't even reportable let alone banable. Most offences that happen from something you say would get a mute, not a ban.

diablo 926, get all the information you can about your account together, than only *you* would know. Including the following things in additional information usually helps: country or city of registration, approximate date of registration, ISP and IP when you registered, the date you first got members and any information about how you payed for membership, the account numbers etc.

Quote

Is there anyway i can talk to a mod?
The only way to appeal a locked account is to contact them through the appeal feature. They aren't going to unlock your account just because you talk to one - for all they know you might not be the actual account owner.

I believe you only have a Transaction ID if you ever payed membership through WorldPay, if you do, it should be in the email they send you. [X].

Jagex only include the answer box on the recover an account form to stop people from trying to find out answers to someones recovery questions.

Good luck on getting your account back.

Edited by Matt T, 31 March 2008 - 11:15 PM.


#10 OFFLINE   diablo 926

diablo 926

    Gnome Child

  • New Member
  • 20 posts
  • Joined 25 March 2008
  • Skin: Elegia

Posted 02 April 2008 - 12:00 AM

 Matt T, on Apr 1 2008 at 12:14 AM, said:

 Spybot, on Mar 28 2008 at 06:04 PM, said:

What the hell is wrong with jagex, can't they give people a bit more freedom in the game... i can't even say 'get lost' to a noob without having the fear of being banned, this is ridiculous..

A guy plays a same IP as his friends, big deal, not something to lock accounts for.
You actually realize that Jagex locks accounts for their own protection, so they don't have to ban them for breaking rules, or so people don't loose their items? They aren't thinking "Hey Johnny over there's having a good time, let's go lock his account just to annoy him!" If 'get lost' was the only thing someone typed, that isn't even reportable let alone banable. Most offences that happen from something you say would get a mute, not a ban.

diablo 926, get all the information you can about your account together, than only *you* would know. Including the following things in additional information usually helps: country or city of registration, approximate date of registration, ISP and IP when you registered, the date you first got members and any information about how you payed for membership, the account numbers etc.

Quote

Is there anyway i can talk to a mod?
The only way to appeal a locked account is to contact them through the appeal feature. They aren't going to unlock your account just because you talk to one - for all they know you might not be the actual account owner.

I believe you only have a Transaction ID if you ever payed membership through WorldPay, if you do, it should be in the email they send you. [X].

Jagex only include the answer box on the recover an account form to stop people from trying to find out answers to someones recovery questions.

Good luck on getting your account back.

Thanks for the help! I really appreciate it! Are you sure thats why they aren't appearing? They appear when my friend unlocked his account at my house ( it had been locked for 3 months) I also unlocked my OLD OLD account yesterday and it showed the questions. Maybe because its newly locked? My IP changes ALOT but i did make a moparscape server when i played around 9 months ago and the IP address is still the same. Does the city, country, and ISP really help? I need to try those next time then. Thanks! I also never got the new email, i bought members again 2 weeks ago but i didnt receive ANY emails, my old transaction ID from a year ago my mom deleted. I have the old agreement number tho. I noticed some letters/numbers on my moms bank statement under the membership, could that be it? Do you mind posting how many digits yours is? Thanks ALOT! You don't know how much i appreciate your help. If i ever get it back, message me and i will help you with ANYTHING.

Oh my god... Denied again! Atleast this time they gave me some more information on what i can do to help them.. Does anyone know how your suppose to know your worldpay/futurepay username/password? Any help would be GREATLY appreciated, Thanks

Edited by Egghebrecht, 04 April 2008 - 04:38 AM.
Don't make doubleposts k?, merged em all - Egghebrecht

Posted Image

#11 OFFLINE   Matt T

Matt T

    Witchwood Icon

  • Forum Member
  • 5,269 posts
  • Joined 04 October 2006
  • Skin: Elegia
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New Zealand
  • R.S. Status: Inactive

Posted 03 April 2008 - 10:31 PM

 diablo 926, on Apr 4 2008 at 03:35 PM, said:

Oh my god... Denied again! Atleast this time they gave me some more information on what i can do to help them.. Does anyone know how your suppose to know your worldpay/futurepay username/password? Any help would be GREATLY appreciated, Thanks
Click on forget your password and enter your email address?

It's your own fault that your account is locked after using a private server, tbh.

#12 OFFLINE   Matt T

Matt T

    Witchwood Icon

  • Forum Member
  • 5,269 posts
  • Joined 04 October 2006
  • Skin: Elegia
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New Zealand
  • R.S. Status: Inactive

Posted 04 April 2008 - 07:23 PM

 diablo 926, on Apr 5 2008 at 10:31 AM, said:

 Matt T, on Apr 3 2008 at 11:31 PM, said:

 diablo 926, on Apr 4 2008 at 03:35 PM, said:

Oh my god... Denied again! Atleast this time they gave me some more information on what i can do to help them.. Does anyone know how your suppose to know your worldpay/futurepay username/password? Any help would be GREATLY appreciated, Thanks
Click on forget your password and enter your email address?

It's your own fault that your account is locked after using a private server, tbh.


Haha.. no
but i did make a <snip> when i played around 9 months ago
Considering private servers are against the rules, and break the law, I can see a valid reason why Jagex might lock your account, even 9 months later.

#13 OFFLINE   diablo 926

diablo 926

    Gnome Child

  • New Member
  • 20 posts
  • Joined 25 March 2008
  • Skin: Elegia

Posted 04 April 2008 - 10:02 PM

 Matt T, on Apr 4 2008 at 08:23 PM, said:

 diablo 926, on Apr 5 2008 at 10:31 AM, said:

 Matt T, on Apr 3 2008 at 11:31 PM, said:

 diablo 926, on Apr 4 2008 at 03:35 PM, said:

Oh my god... Denied again! Atleast this time they gave me some more information on what i can do to help them.. Does anyone know how your suppose to know your worldpay/futurepay username/password? Any help would be GREATLY appreciated, Thanks
Click on forget your password and enter your email address?

It's your own fault that your account is locked after using a private server, tbh.


Haha.. no
but i did make a <snip> when i played around 9 months ago
Considering private servers are against the rules, and break the law, I can see a valid reason why Jagex might lock your account, even 9 months later.

You have no clue what your talking about. Playing a private server for non commercial gain BY MYSELF isn't against the law/rules or anything. Learn the law before making assumptions.
Posted Image

#14 OFFLINE   Matt T

Matt T

    Witchwood Icon

  • Forum Member
  • 5,269 posts
  • Joined 04 October 2006
  • Skin: Elegia
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New Zealand
  • R.S. Status: Inactive

Posted 04 April 2008 - 10:49 PM

 diablo 926, on Apr 5 2008 at 04:02 PM, said:

 Matt T, on Apr 4 2008 at 08:23 PM, said:

 diablo 926, on Apr 5 2008 at 10:31 AM, said:

 Matt T, on Apr 3 2008 at 11:31 PM, said:

 diablo 926, on Apr 4 2008 at 03:35 PM, said:

Oh my god... Denied again! Atleast this time they gave me some more information on what i can do to help them.. Does anyone know how your suppose to know your worldpay/futurepay username/password? Any help would be GREATLY appreciated, Thanks
Click on forget your password and enter your email address?

It's your own fault that your account is locked after using a private server, tbh.


Haha.. no
but i did make a <snip> when i played around 9 months ago
Considering private servers are against the rules, and break the law, I can see a valid reason why Jagex might lock your account, even 9 months later.

You have no clue what your talking about. Playing a private server for non commercial gain BY MYSELF isn't against the law/rules or anything. Learn the law before making assumptions.
Copying code from a game when you have no permission to do so is breaking copyright laws.

#15 OFFLINE   diablo 926

diablo 926

    Gnome Child

  • New Member
  • 20 posts
  • Joined 25 March 2008
  • Skin: Elegia

Posted 04 April 2008 - 10:59 PM

 Matt T, on Apr 4 2008 at 11:49 PM, said:

 diablo 926, on Apr 5 2008 at 04:02 PM, said:

 Matt T, on Apr 4 2008 at 08:23 PM, said:

 diablo 926, on Apr 5 2008 at 10:31 AM, said:

 Matt T, on Apr 3 2008 at 11:31 PM, said:

 diablo 926, on Apr 4 2008 at 03:35 PM, said:

Oh my god... Denied again! Atleast this time they gave me some more information on what i can do to help them.. Does anyone know how your suppose to know your worldpay/futurepay username/password? Any help would be GREATLY appreciated, Thanks
Click on forget your password and enter your email address?

It's your own fault that your account is locked after using a private server, tbh.


Haha.. no
but i did make a <snip> when i played around 9 months ago
Considering private servers are against the rules, and break the law, I can see a valid reason why Jagex might lock your account, even 9 months later.

You have no clue what your talking about. Playing a private server for non commercial gain BY MYSELF isn't against the law/rules or anything. Learn the law before making assumptions.
Copying code from a game when you have no permission to do so is breaking copyright laws.


See thats what i'm talking about, Its not copied code, You can't "copy the code" If that was the case there would be a 100% just like runescape private server, Most of them suck, no animations or anything. People make them LIKE runescape.
Posted Image

#16 OFFLINE   Matt T

Matt T

    Witchwood Icon

  • Forum Member
  • 5,269 posts
  • Joined 04 October 2006
  • Skin: Elegia
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New Zealand
  • R.S. Status: Inactive

Posted 04 April 2008 - 11:25 PM

 diablo 926, on Apr 5 2008 at 04:59 PM, said:

 Matt T, on Apr 4 2008 at 11:49 PM, said:

 diablo 926, on Apr 5 2008 at 04:02 PM, said:

 Matt T, on Apr 4 2008 at 08:23 PM, said:

 diablo 926, on Apr 5 2008 at 10:31 AM, said:

 Matt T, on Apr 3 2008 at 11:31 PM, said:

 diablo 926, on Apr 4 2008 at 03:35 PM, said:

Oh my god... Denied again! Atleast this time they gave me some more information on what i can do to help them.. Does anyone know how your suppose to know your worldpay/futurepay username/password? Any help would be GREATLY appreciated, Thanks
Click on forget your password and enter your email address?

It's your own fault that your account is locked after using a private server, tbh.


Haha.. no
but i did make a <snip> when i played around 9 months ago
Considering private servers are against the rules, and break the law, I can see a valid reason why Jagex might lock your account, even 9 months later.

You have no clue what your talking about. Playing a private server for non commercial gain BY MYSELF isn't against the law/rules or anything. Learn the law before making assumptions.
Copying code from a game when you have no permission to do so is breaking copyright laws.


See thats what i'm talking about, Its not copied code, You can't "copy the code" If that was the case there would be a 100% just like runescape private server, Most of them suck, no animations or anything. People make them LIKE runescape.
The code is copied... it's just like RuneScape, except the menu's most of the time look ugly because of changes, and you can get a 99 skill in a day.

#17 OFFLINE   diablo 926

diablo 926

    Gnome Child

  • New Member
  • 20 posts
  • Joined 25 March 2008
  • Skin: Elegia

Posted 04 April 2008 - 11:29 PM

 Matt T, on Apr 5 2008 at 12:25 AM, said:

 diablo 926, on Apr 5 2008 at 04:59 PM, said:

 Matt T, on Apr 4 2008 at 11:49 PM, said:

 diablo 926, on Apr 5 2008 at 04:02 PM, said:

 Matt T, on Apr 4 2008 at 08:23 PM, said:

 diablo 926, on Apr 5 2008 at 10:31 AM, said:

 Matt T, on Apr 3 2008 at 11:31 PM, said:

 diablo 926, on Apr 4 2008 at 03:35 PM, said:

Oh my god... Denied again! Atleast this time they gave me some more information on what i can do to help them.. Does anyone know how your suppose to know your worldpay/futurepay username/password? Any help would be GREATLY appreciated, Thanks
Click on forget your password and enter your email address?

It's your own fault that your account is locked after using a private server, tbh.


Haha.. no
but i did make a <snip> when i played around 9 months ago
Considering private servers are against the rules, and break the law, I can see a valid reason why Jagex might lock your account, even 9 months later.

You have no clue what your talking about. Playing a private server for non commercial gain BY MYSELF isn't against the law/rules or anything. Learn the law before making assumptions.
Copying code from a game when you have no permission to do so is breaking copyright laws.


See thats what i'm talking about, Its not copied code, You can't "copy the code" If that was the case there would be a 100% just like runescape private server, Most of them suck, no animations or anything. People make them LIKE runescape.
The code is copied... it's just like RuneScape, except the menu's most of the time look ugly because of changes, and you can get a 99 skill in a day.


Whats like runescape? The menu ? You can't copyright a menu. Thats like saying no one can use a blue forum theme because i copyrighted it. It doesn't say Runescape in it at all. It does not go against copyright. If it was called Runescape Server it would be copyrighted. If it said Welcome to runescape. It would be copyright.
Posted Image

#18 OFFLINE   Matt T

Matt T

    Witchwood Icon

  • Forum Member
  • 5,269 posts
  • Joined 04 October 2006
  • Skin: Elegia
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New Zealand
  • R.S. Status: Inactive

Posted 04 April 2008 - 11:37 PM

 diablo 926, on Apr 5 2008 at 05:29 PM, said:

Whats like runescape? The menu ? You can't copyright a menu. Thats like saying no one can use a blue forum theme because i copyrighted it. It doesn't say Runescape in it at all. It does not go against copyright. If it was called Runescape Server it would be copyrighted. If it said Welcome to runescape. It would be copyright.

JaGex's TOS said:

You must not reverse-engineer, decompile or modify any Jagex Product client software in any way (except to the extent allowed by applicable law). You must not use a modified/customised version of the client software or attempt to sub-license it. You must not create or provide any other means by which any Jagex Product may be played by others (including, without limitation, replacement or modified client/server software, server emulators).
A Private Server emulates RuneScape. Copyright isn't just about the name. The Private Server you're talking about, beginning with M, is a copy of RuneScape, you walk around like in RuneScape, the interfaces are the same, except for sometimes the colour, the chatbox is the same, the skills are the same, you train skills the same (except maybe faster). Find me an obvious difference between a Private Server and RuneScape (not the name).

#19 OFFLINE   diablo 926

diablo 926

    Gnome Child

  • New Member
  • 20 posts
  • Joined 25 March 2008
  • Skin: Elegia

Posted 04 April 2008 - 11:49 PM

 Matt T, on Apr 5 2008 at 12:37 AM, said:

 diablo 926, on Apr 5 2008 at 05:29 PM, said:

Whats like runescape? The menu ? You can't copyright a menu. Thats like saying no one can use a blue forum theme because i copyrighted it. It doesn't say Runescape in it at all. It does not go against copyright. If it was called Runescape Server it would be copyrighted. If it said Welcome to runescape. It would be copyright.

JaGex's TOS said:

You must not reverse-engineer, decompile or modify any Jagex Product client software in any way (except to the extent allowed by applicable law). You must not use a modified/customised version of the client software or attempt to sub-license it. You must not create or provide any other means by which any Jagex Product may be played by others (including, without limitation, replacement or modified client/server software, server emulators).
A Private Server emulates RuneScape. Copyright isn't just about the name. The Private Server you're talking about, beginning with M, is a copy of RuneScape, you walk around like in RuneScape, the interfaces are the same, except for sometimes the colour, the chatbox is the same, the skills are the same, you train skills the same (except maybe faster). Find me an obvious difference between a Private Server and RuneScape (not the name).

Lol you can NOT copyright things like that. So your saying online games cant have a summoning skill? If it violated copyright moparscape would be shut down. They aren't. Who tells you these things? I think your just making them up to what you think is copyright.
Posted Image

#20 OFFLINE   Matt T

Matt T

    Witchwood Icon

  • Forum Member
  • 5,269 posts
  • Joined 04 October 2006
  • Skin: Elegia
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New Zealand
  • R.S. Status: Inactive

Posted 04 April 2008 - 11:53 PM

 diablo 926, on Apr 5 2008 at 05:49 PM, said:

Lol you can NOT copyright things like that. So your saying online games cant have a summoning skill? If it violated copyright <snip> would be shut down. They aren't. Who tells you these things? I think your just making them up to what you think is copyright.
Jagex's TOS told me those things. Maybe you should check it out one day.




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users