IPB Elegia Style© Fisana

Runescape Poh Layout Template Something I thought might be helpful to other P2P players.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Sea Rayn

Sea Rayn

H.A.M. Guard

• Forum Member
  • 724 posts
  • Joined 10 April 2008
  • Skin: Elegia
  • R.S. Name: Sea Rain
  • R.S. Status: Member

Posted 27 September 2008 - 09:47 PM

**This isn't meant to be a submission for a Guide on Sal's or anything.  It's really just a rough sketch.  I just thought I might share it since it helped me and might help  another player if they are getting frustrated with how their house is "shaping up", so to speak.**

Below is a Template for creating a layout for the "house of your dreams".  I created it because I was getting frustrated with my house and how jumbled up the rooms were.  It was like a rats' maze trying to get to some of the rooms because I didn't think so much about placement when I first started creating my POH.  I ended up deleting all my rooms and creating this template to help me recreate it.  Now I have my rooms right where I want them in a very efficient design for me.

The  idea behind the template is, by knowing the correct amount of doorways each  different possible room the Construction skill offers, and by being  able to visualize it on your computer screen or on paper, you will find  it easier to create a eye-pleasing and efficient layout for your POH.

You can download this and open it into Windows Paint  (or comparable program) and manipulate it on your computer. Printing it  off on your computer, cutting apart the squares, and manipulating them  by hand is another option (I did that because I'm a bit of an old-fashioned gal :( , it was easier for me to visualize it that way).  Remember, you can have more than one of most rooms, so you may need to cut and paste (or print) more copies of some rooms to get the desired effect.

I am only level 50 construction and  do not have a dungeon yet.  If I  have made a mistake in the placement of the doors for the dungeon 2  door rooms, please inform me. I wasn't sure if the doors were adjacent  or across from each other.

Posted Image

For example, here is the design I came out with for the first & second floors of my house:
Posted Image
I wanted to represent all of the Chapels.  But, my favorite being Guthix, his chapel is on the second floor in my "Royal Suite".  I realize this only leaves me 4 rooms for a Dungeon (if I ever desire one), but I'm just not interested in building a dungeon.  Maybe I'll change my mind someday, but this is what I invision for my RS "dream home" right now.

Please note that as I'm only level 50 Construction, some of these rooms aren't built yet.  Just my vision of the future.  Right now I have 21 rooms, including my first portal room I just built today :huh: .

-Rayn.

Posted Image
I am a Deviant.

My minicity:  http://sea-rayn.myminicity.com/

#2 OFFLINE   Josh

Josh

Verac the Defiled

• Forum Member
  • 3,812 posts
  • Joined 25 April 2006
  • Skin: IP.Board

Posted 28 September 2008 - 09:51 AM

This looks like it could be quite helpful, except that there are calculators like this one that let you do exactly that without having to print it off or put the squares in order manually. :huh:

#3 OFFLINE   hanhan jr

hanhan jr

Crawling Hand

• Banned Member
  • 159 posts
  • Joined 30 January 2008

Posted 28 September 2008 - 10:14 AM

View PostJosh, on Sep 28 2008, 10:51 AM, said:

This looks like it could be quite helpful, except that there are calculators like this one that let you do exactly that without having to print it off or put the squares in order manually. :huh:

i agree
zammork pwns......and u know it                 
Here's my facebook....Click It.
MyMiniCity....Click It

#4 OFFLINE   Sea Rayn

Sea Rayn

H.A.M. Guard

• Forum Member
  • 724 posts
  • Joined 10 April 2008
  • R.S. Name: Sea Rain
  • R.S. Status: Member

Posted 28 September 2008 - 10:34 AM

Hmm, well when I went to design my house I couldn't find that.  I didn't think to look for it under "Calculators" because I think of a calculator as being something you do number stuff with.  Even on the RS sights the calculators I've seen have to do with calculating how much you need to do to skill to certain levels and such.

Oh well.  It really helped me to create my house.  I won't close the topic.  It's there for better or worse now :huh: .

-Rayn.

Posted Image
I am a Deviant.

My minicity:  http://sea-rayn.myminicity.com/

#5 Guest_Tough Todd_*

Guest_Tough Todd_*
  • Guests
  • Joined --

Posted 08 September 2010 - 08:38 PM

I am Level 70 Construction and I would like to create a template for the layout of my player-owned house on the RuneScape Wiki. Can anyone help me do this or tell me how to do it? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users