16 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   flhunter67

flhunter67

Gnome Child

• 18 posts
  • Joined 07 February 2009
  • Skin: Elegia

Posted 02 March 2009 - 12:24 PM

Hello, Im Flhunter67. im currently melee based, but i want to train my magic up to about 70. ive been killing blue dragons in taverly lately and its graet money for the hides but i go through ALOT of runes. What high level monster with good drops can i go after that doesnt have such a high magic resistance? Thanks, Flhunter67

#2 OFFLINE   sionnach dhu

sionnach dhu

Albatross

• Forum Member
  • 806 posts
  • Joined 01 January 2008

Posted 02 March 2009 - 12:28 PM

View Postflhunter67, on Mar 2 2009, 12:24 PM, said:

Hello, Im Flhunter67. im currently melee based, but i want to train my magic up to about 70. ive been killing blue dragons in taverly lately and its graet money for the hides but i go through ALOT of runes. What high level monster with good drops can i go after that doesnt have such a high magic resistance? Thanks, Flhunter67

Fastest way to train Magic, IMO, isn't by killing anything, but by teleporting or alching. Alchemy is the most money-efficient; use a fire or lava staff, and alch something that will offset the cost of the nature runes. Many people fletch bows, then alch them. (You probably know this, but you can alch noted items.)

Editing to ask: What's your current Magic level?

Edited by sionnach dhu, 02 March 2009 - 12:29 PM.

#3 OFFLINE   red kiwi

red kiwi

Zamorak Monk

• Forum Member
  • 577 posts
  • Joined 19 December 2007
  • R.S. Name: red kiwi
  • R.S. Status: Member

Posted 02 March 2009 - 12:32 PM

:blink:
first of all, are you sure you want to do it through combat, there are much quicker ways

blue dragons are a pretty good way, your using chaos gloves right?
if you insist on not losing to much money, then you should go with blue drags, or with iron/steel dragons (draogn plate legs and skirt, and a VERY rare visage).

#4 OFFLINE   Spirit Shield

Spirit Shield

Chocolate Cake

• Banned Member
  • 529 posts
  • Joined 03 February 2009
  • R.S. Status: Freeplayer
  • Clan: Depends D:

Posted 02 March 2009 - 12:47 PM

well if u have a high slayer lvl try abyssal demons(u cna make good money and good xp)

~goth fairy

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#5 OFFLINE   RexBootsie

RexBootsie

Gnome Child

• 15 posts
  • Joined 21 February 2009

Posted 02 March 2009 - 12:54 PM

Just an FYI also cuz I don't see it mentioned here.....If you go to Lumbridge and go to the Magic Trainer...she has "magic dummies" that you can sit there for HOURS and cast magic on and train your skills that way.....I went this weekend and went from level 13 magic to Level 22 :blink:  

Just wanted to mention that for ya....Make sure you bring TONS of runes with ya if you plan on staying a long time

#6 OFFLINE   john1081996

john1081996

Ent

• Forum Member
  • 236 posts
  • Joined 19 January 2008

Posted 02 March 2009 - 12:59 PM

View PostRexBootsie, on Mar 2 2009, 12:54 PM, said:

Just an FYI also cuz I don't see it mentioned here.....If you go to Lumbridge and go to the Magic Trainer...she has "magic dummies" that you can sit there for HOURS and cast magic on and train your skills that way.....I went this weekend and went from level 13 magic to Level 22 :blink:  

Just wanted to mention that for ya....Make sure you bring TONS of runes with ya if you plan on staying a long time
he needs 70 mage not 30
that is enormously slow
just alch or teleport

Edited by john1081996, 02 March 2009 - 12:59 PM.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#7 OFFLINE   Spirit Shield

Spirit Shield

Chocolate Cake

• Banned Member
  • 529 posts
  • Joined 03 February 2009
  • Clan: Depends D:

Posted 02 March 2009 - 01:01 PM

no magic dummys idea is VERY bad idea i repeat very bad...

bad xp and very boring..
and 13 magic to 22magic is very bad for a weekends worth of r.s no offence

~goth fairy

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#8 OFFLINE   flhunter67

flhunter67

Gnome Child

• 18 posts
  • Joined 07 February 2009

Posted 02 March 2009 - 02:01 PM

alright ill try high alching since its the fastest but what should i high alch to cover the cost of nature runes??? id prefer to just buy an item at the GE and alch it. i dont really want to make steel plates cuz it takes forever and i end up losign about 500gp each time.

#9 OFFLINE   finisterra

finisterra

Tentatio ostendo verum

• Forum Member
  • 5,136 posts
  • Joined 19 January 2008

Posted 02 March 2009 - 03:53 PM

You can try magic and yew longbows, jewerly is also good. You can always buy one, check how much you spent on it and the rune and subtract it from whatever you got for its alch. If you get -65 as a result, you're losing 65 coins.

#10 OFFLINE   Sworddemon

Sworddemon

Mort Myre Snail

• Forum Member
  • 302 posts
  • Joined 07 March 2006
  • R.S. Name: sworddemon38

Posted 02 March 2009 - 05:19 PM

If you wanna make a huge profit, fletch yew longbows and high alch them or you can just do the teleport to camelot thing. All you need is and Air Staff and the amount of amount laws required to reach your desired level.

~Sworddemon
[url="http://www.rsbandb.com/runescape_skill_signatures-sig"][img]http://www.rsbandb.com/sigs/sig91/sworddemon38.png[/img][/url]
[img]http://img144.echo.cx/img144/4977/80combat4kr.gif[/img]
[img]http://img108.echo.cx/img108/7971/808cx.gif[/img]
Your signature was oversized in terms of file size. Please ensure that your signature's file size does not exceed 60 KB (61440 bytes). If you don't understand how to read the file size of an image, [this] tutorial will teach you.

#11 OFFLINE   storm2007

storm2007

Greater Demon

• Forum Member
  • 2,693 posts
  • Joined 07 February 2007

Posted 02 March 2009 - 09:29 PM

the most efficient method is either hi alch which you can get money potentially or use trollheim teleport.
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#12 OFFLINE   Angel Hayley

Angel Hayley

Dharok the Wretched

• Forum Member
  • 3,696 posts
  • Joined 29 June 2007

Posted 03 March 2009 - 09:24 AM

ruby bracelets, yew longs, magic longs, greendhide bodies, addy platebodies.

these items are all good for alching, even if you buy both the item and the nature runes.

oh, and i may suggest superheating? it's not the fastest way, but you lose a little bit of cash (like 5-10 coins) for smithing exp. you could try that too.

Exp difference: High alch yields 65 exp, superheat is 53 exp.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

~ I love you Shelley ~

#13 OFFLINE   Icy Defiance

Icy Defiance

Kraka the Troll

• Forum Member
  • 2,575 posts
  • Joined 07 November 2007
  • R.S. Name: IcyDefiance

Posted 03 March 2009 - 10:16 AM

Just another idea to throw out there: Fist of Guthix and/or Barbarian Assault.  OK, it's slower, but you can gain money instead of losing it, and I used them to get 70 magic.

Also, never miss a week of doing the circus.  Don't worry about what the crowd wants, just wear your best equipment for magic attack bonus, put on your best magic boost prayer, maybe even boost your magic level, and hit the highest level targets in there.  Just don't cast on the same one once you succeed on it, because you won't get xp.  If you fail to alch the anvil, you can cast on it again, but if you succeed, you won't get xp for doing it again, just go to the next level down.  Following this method, you can get a free 15k or more xp per week. :blink:

Posted Image

#14 OFFLINE   sionnach dhu

sionnach dhu

Albatross

• Forum Member
  • 806 posts
  • Joined 01 January 2008

Posted 03 March 2009 - 11:27 AM

View Postyippee2393, on Mar 3 2009, 10:16 AM, said:

Also, never miss a week of doing the circus.  Don't worry about what the crowd wants, just wear your best equipment for magic attack bonus, put on your best magic boost prayer, maybe even boost your magic level, and hit the highest level targets in there.

<smacks self in forehead>  I forgot all about the circus!  

Yippee is 100% right; you can get lots of XP that way. What I do is stick with the area for alching and teleporting, since the highest spells are there.  I start with one spell, alternate down the line, then re-start with the other - that way I don't repeat myself - doing emotes in between.

As a side note, I also went up 4-5  levels in Ranging from the circus alone; I was level 60 when it came out, and am now level 69 (started doing some training via Slayer once my smithing level was high enough to make decent bolts).

#15 OFFLINE   TomT

TomT

Ent

• Forum Member
  • 213 posts
  • Joined 09 July 2007

Posted 03 March 2009 - 12:05 PM

One good option and it will make you some GP is to make teletabs.  All you need is soft clay and a lecturn to craft them.  You get the magic XP and the teleports (especially the home teleport) sells fairly quickly.  Last month I made over 3,000 home teleports and made about 2.7 million.  Just check the current prices on law runes if you can't make them and the other runes to figure out how much it will cost and your profit from them.

If you can make laws then I would suggest you make law runes for the XP there as that is a slow skill to lvl up.
Panic now, beat the rush!

#16 OFFLINE   corporeal warrior

corporeal warrior

Newbie Forumer

• 11 posts
  • Joined 26 December 2010

Posted 03 January 2011 - 06:39 AM

i like training it with camelot tele, but i used 250k for 3/4 hour. the good thing is, i got from lvl 48 - 55 in just 45 mins. then i got from lvl 55 to 56 in just 5 minutes by high alching air battle staffs. they give you about 1k PROFIT for each staff, and thats after taking off the price for  the natures. if you have lots of money like me, (25mil :D ) then try ardougne tele. it gives u a bit more xp, but it's quite a waste of money. and yippee's right. the circus is the BEST way for xp. it gives u like 15k xp for lvl 50 magic noobz like me.
add me terrorbyte7, lvl 87(can only use quick chat and am on freeplay.)

#17 OFFLINE   Zanc Alarac

Zanc Alarac

Camel

• Forum Member
  • 397 posts
  • Joined 09 April 2009
  • R.S. Name: Anduren

Posted 03 January 2011 - 09:17 AM

High alch or superheat is the way to go.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users