IPB Elegia Style© Fisana

Jump to content


General Anime / Manga Discussion Thread


  • Please log in to reply
2721 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   Ruin

Ruin

    Guthan the Infested

  • Forum Member
  • 4,032 posts
  • Joined 16 November 2007
  • Skin: Elegia
  • R.S. Status: Retired

Posted 07 July 2009 - 01:50 PM

if i remember correctly spirited away is a movie and not an episodic series?

#22 OFFLINE   Samurai Kenji

Samurai Kenji

    Rock Golem

  • Forum Member
  • 1,385 posts
  • Joined 16 January 2008
  • Skin: Elegia
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Yes
  • R.S. Name: Why?
  • R.S. Status: Retired
  • Clan: Uchiha.

Posted 07 July 2009 - 01:56 PM

Beyblades
Sailor Moon
Yugioh
Mew Mew Power.

I kid i Kid.

Since i live in Japan i read alot of Manga (Don't watch alot of Anime though) i can't really make any recommendations since the only thing that i can think of thats availible in English (Or subtitles) Is mainstreamish crap that I'm sure everyone knows already.

Death Note, Afro Samurai and Samurai Champloo are the only ones that i can recommend that i know are in English.

Oh and Hentai yes pl0x.

Edit: Never again shall i post at 4 am.

Edited by Meidou, 07 July 2009 - 01:59 PM.

Posted Image
Ochinchin wa nan senchi? 19cm :eyebrows:

#23 OFFLINE   Cxkslei

Cxkslei

    Void Knight

  • Forum Member
  • 8,962 posts
  • Joined 03 November 2005
  • Skin: Elegia
  • R.S. Status: Freeplayer

Posted 07 July 2009 - 02:11 PM

View PostMeidou, on Jul 7 2009, 02:56 PM, said:

Beyblades
Sailor Moon
Yugioh
Mew Mew Power.

I kid i Kid.

Since i live in Japan i read alot of Manga (Don't watch alot of Anime though) i can't really make any recommendations since the only thing that i can think of thats availible in English (Or subtitles) Is mainstreamish crap that I'm sure everyone knows already.

Death Note, Afro Samurai and Samurai Champloo are the only ones that i can recommend that i know are in English.

Oh and Hentai yes pl0x.

Edit: Never again shall i post at 4 am.

Sorry to disappoint you but Yugioh season 0 was badass.

:eyebrows:.

Not many card games in this one.

Season 0 Start:
If you want to skip ahead to where it starts becoming interesting 2:12 here:

Edited by Cxkslei, 07 July 2009 - 02:13 PM.


#24 OFFLINE   Maggotswr

Maggotswr

    Unicorn

  • Forum Member
  • 415 posts
  • Joined 02 July 2007
  • Skin: Elegia

Posted 07 July 2009 - 02:38 PM

somebody watch Paranoia Agent plz. It's good and kinda short(13 episodes) so it won't be boring. It's by the guy that made Tokyo Godfathers

#25 OFFLINE   Rene

Rene

    Kraka the Troll

  • Forum Member
  • 2,581 posts
  • Joined 06 November 2005
  • Skin: Elegia
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Belgium
  • R.S. Name: Rehnay
  • R.S. Status: Retired

Posted 07 July 2009 - 02:55 PM

My List: (which is rather small ... Just a list of what I've seen)

Amatsuki
Battle Programmer Shirase
Bleach (Quit viewing, also skipped all the fillers)
Busou Renkin
Chaos;Head
Clannad
Clannad: After Story (Currently on ep 6, enjoying it a lot)
Claymore
Death Note
Dragonball Z (Who hasn't?)
Elfen Lied
Fate/Stay Night
Gundam Wing
Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya
Naruto (Everything up until the fillers, dropped after the beginning of shippuden)
Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu
Rosario + Vampire, both seasons
Rurouni Kenshin (also read the Jinchuu arc of the manga)
Samurai Champloo (18/24 episodes ... Should finish that some time)
Sayanora, Zetsubou Sensei
Shakugan no Shana I & II
Welcome to the N.H.K. (N.H.K. ni Youkoso)
Zero no Tsukaima (all seasons)

Also quite a few animes I watched but dropped after a few episodes (Higurashi, Ichigo 100%, Darker than Black)

---

@Cxk: I have the first 3 volumes of the Yugioh series, it's pretty. Never knew they made an anime from season 0 though. :eyebrows:

Also I found the Zabuza arc in the original Naruto a nice one as well.

@skelengel: Yeah Spirited Away is an anime movie.

@Meidou: Dude Mew Mew was awesome ... under the influence of certain illegal substances :3

Edited by Rene, 07 July 2009 - 03:01 PM.

"Go as far as you can see and when you get there you'll see further"
Posted Image


#26 OFFLINE   Diabba

Diabba

    Count Draynor

  • Forum Member
  • 1,031 posts
  • Joined 08 August 2008
  • Skin: Elegia
  • Gender:Male
  • R.S. Name: Diabba
  • R.S. Status: Retired

Posted 07 July 2009 - 02:59 PM

Bleach, Naruto, and Avatar: The Last Air Bender (Dunno if that one counts or not :eyebrows:) are my life. I love each of them to death, they are freaking AMAZING. Full Metal Alchemist is sick too, but, it doesn't have the intangible "it" quality I look for in Anime/TV Shows/Movies.

~D

#27 OFFLINE   Ruin

Ruin

    Guthan the Infested

  • Forum Member
  • 4,032 posts
  • Joined 16 November 2007
  • Skin: Elegia
  • R.S. Status: Retired

Posted 07 July 2009 - 03:04 PM

View PostDiabba, on Jul 7 2009, 02:59 PM, said:

Bleach, Naruto, and Avatar: The Last Air Bender (Dunno if that one counts or not :eyebrows:) are my life. I love each of them to death, they are freaking AMAZING. Full Metal Alchemist is sick too, but, it doesn't have the intangible "it" quality I look for in Anime/TV Shows/Movies.

~D


all really mainstream titles and i really didnt like airbender because of how kiddified it was.

#28 OFFLINE   Cxkslei

Cxkslei

    Void Knight

  • Forum Member
  • 8,962 posts
  • Joined 03 November 2005
  • Skin: Elegia
  • R.S. Status: Freeplayer

Posted 07 July 2009 - 03:06 PM

View PostRene, on Jul 7 2009, 03:55 PM, said:

My List: (which is rather small ... Just a list of what I've seen)


@Cxk: I have the first 3 volumes of the Yugioh series, it's pretty. Never knew they made an anime from season 0 though. :eyebrows:

Also I found the Zabuza arc in the original Naruto a nice one as well.

@skelengel: Yeah Spirited Away is an anime movie.

@Meidou: Dude Mew Mew was awesome ... under the influence of certain illegal substances :3

Season 0 is the prototype, and in my opinion a lot more interesting then the rest of the series.

#29 OFFLINE   Diabba

Diabba

    Count Draynor

  • Forum Member
  • 1,031 posts
  • Joined 08 August 2008
  • Skin: Elegia
  • Gender:Male
  • R.S. Name: Diabba
  • R.S. Status: Retired

Posted 07 July 2009 - 03:06 PM

View Postskelengel ftw, on Jul 7 2009, 04:04 PM, said:

View PostDiabba, on Jul 7 2009, 02:59 PM, said:

Bleach, Naruto, and Avatar: The Last Air Bender (Dunno if that one counts or not ;)) are my life. I love each of them to death, they are freaking AMAZING. Full Metal Alchemist is sick too, but, it doesn't have the intangible "it" quality I look for in Anime/TV Shows/Movies.

~D


all really mainstream titles and i really didnt like airbender because of how kiddified it was.

I guess so, but after I saw them for the first time, I practically fell in love. They're awesome. :eyebrows: I guess Airbender is kiddified, but I'm 13. :ice:

~D

#30 OFFLINE   Ruin

Ruin

    Guthan the Infested

  • Forum Member
  • 4,032 posts
  • Joined 16 November 2007
  • Skin: Elegia
  • R.S. Status: Retired

Posted 07 July 2009 - 03:15 PM

i saw some .Hack dvds for 3 bucks each but i didnt pick them up because its composed of multiple series and im clueless which part came first

these were the legend of the dawn or something like that.

#31 OFFLINE   Ramon

Ramon

    Dessous

  • Forum Member
  • 5,704 posts
  • Joined 23 March 2006
  • Skin: Elegia
  • Location:Downtown Battle Mountain
  • R.S. Status: Inactive

Posted 07 July 2009 - 03:19 PM

View PostRene, on Jul 7 2009, 03:55 PM, said:

My List: (which is rather small ... Just a list of what I've seen)

Amatsuki
Battle Programmer Shirase
Bleach (Quit viewing, also skipped all the fillers)
Busou Renkin
Chaos;Head
Clannad
Clannad: After Story (Currently on ep 6, enjoying it a lot)
Claymore
Death Note
Dragonball Z (Who hasn't?)
Elfen Lied
Fate/Stay Night
Gundam Wing
Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya
Naruto (Everything up until the fillers, dropped after the beginning of shippuden)
Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu
Rosario + Vampire, both seasons
Rurouni Kenshin (also read the Jinchuu arc of the manga)
Samurai Champloo (18/24 episodes ... Should finish that some time)
Sayanora, Zetsubou Sensei
Shakugan no Shana I & II
Welcome to the N.H.K. (N.H.K. ni Youkoso)
Zero no Tsukaima (all seasons)

Also quite a few animes I watched but dropped after a few episodes (Higurashi, Ichigo 100%, Darker than Black)

---

@Cxk: I have the first 3 volumes of the Yugioh series, it's pretty. Never knew they made an anime from season 0 though. :eyebrows:

Also I found the Zabuza arc in the original Naruto a nice one as well.

@skelengel: Yeah Spirited Away is an anime movie.

@Meidou: Dude Mew Mew was awesome ... under the influence of certain illegal substances :3
From what I can see, I think you'll like a sappy love story like Toradora!

----------------------

Posted Image
iluLauryn


#32 OFFLINE   Rene

Rene

    Kraka the Troll

  • Forum Member
  • 2,581 posts
  • Joined 06 November 2005
  • Skin: Elegia
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Belgium
  • R.S. Name: Rehnay
  • R.S. Status: Retired

Posted 07 July 2009 - 03:33 PM

View PostCxkslei, on Jul 7 2009, 10:06 PM, said:

Season 0 is the prototype, and in my opinion a lot more interesting then the rest of the series.

Yeah, if it's the part I'm thinking off I can see why. It's mainly where Yami punishes bad people who come in contact with Yugi and his friends in many different shadow games, right? One of the shadow games that come to mind is one where they placed money on their hands and had to stab in the money using a knife.

View PostDiabba, on Jul 7 2009, 10:06 PM, said:

I guess so, but after I saw them for the first time, I practically fell in love. They're awesome. :eyebrows: I guess Airbender is kiddified, but I'm 13. ;)

~D

Yeah, I guess everyone really has their own favourite series and opinions differ. We're not ones to be able to say you shouldn't like something because we didn't like it.

Also, in general Avatar isn't considered an anime due to the fact it isn't made in Japan/Asia, but it's made in the art style of an anime.

View PostRamon, on Jul 7 2009, 10:19 PM, said:

From what I can see, I think you'll like a sappy love story like Toradora!

Watched the first 9 episodes of Toradora and then I dropped it. But this was straight after watching ZnT and SnS so that's probably the reason why.

I do enjoy love stories occasionally, but I also enjoy darker animes like Welcome to the N.H.K. and Chaos;Head. Aslong as it's nicely animated and well thought out I can dig.

I have a natural dislike of Mecha though. :<

Also, it seems like there is interest in this topic. So I'll put some work into the first post tommorow. (Adding a links section, some rules, some recommendations and genre explanations, etc...)

"Go as far as you can see and when you get there you'll see further"
Posted Image


#33 OFFLINE   Ramon

Ramon

    Dessous

  • Forum Member
  • 5,704 posts
  • Joined 23 March 2006
  • Skin: Elegia
  • Location:Downtown Battle Mountain
  • R.S. Status: Inactive

Posted 07 July 2009 - 08:27 PM

View PostRene, on Jul 7 2009, 04:33 PM, said:

View PostRamon, on Jul 7 2009, 10:19 PM, said:

From what I can see, I think you'll like a sappy love story like Toradora!

Watched the first 9 episodes of Toradora and then I dropped it. But this was straight after watching ZnT and SnS so that's probably the reason why.

I do enjoy love stories occasionally, but I also enjoy darker animes like Welcome to the N.H.K. and Chaos;Head. Aslong as it's nicely animated and well thought out I can dig.

I have a natural dislike of Mecha though. :<

Also, it seems like there is interest in this topic. So I'll put some work into the first post tommorow. (Adding a links section, some rules, some recommendations and genre explanations, etc...)
Zero no Tsukaima is horrible.

I'm currently following The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya. The main characters have been stuck in déjà vu for three episodes. ._.

Edited by Ramon, 07 July 2009 - 08:29 PM.

----------------------

Posted Image
iluLauryn


#34 OFFLINE   Cxkslei

Cxkslei

    Void Knight

  • Forum Member
  • 8,962 posts
  • Joined 03 November 2005
  • Skin: Elegia
  • R.S. Status: Freeplayer

Posted 07 July 2009 - 08:35 PM

View PostRene, on Jul 7 2009, 04:33 PM, said:

View PostCxkslei, on Jul 7 2009, 10:06 PM, said:

Season 0 is the prototype, and in my opinion a lot more interesting then the rest of the series.

Yeah, if it's the part I'm thinking off I can see why. It's mainly where Yami punishes bad people who come in contact with Yugi and his friends in many different shadow games, right? One of the shadow games that come to mind is one where they placed money on their hands and had to stab in the money using a knife.



You stabbed the target.

#35 OFFLINE   Druin

Druin

    Cockatrice

  • Forum Member
  • 1,121 posts
  • Joined 04 November 2005
  • Skin: Elegia
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Limbo
  • R.S. Name: Elit Druin
  • R.S. Status: Retired

Posted 07 July 2009 - 08:37 PM

I've watched a shizzleload of anime.

If I had to narrow it down, the ones that I enjoyed the most are:

Kino's Journey (w/ the movies)
Last Exile
Samurai Champloo
Fullmetal Alchemist (w/ the movie)
Natsume Yuujinchou (and the sequel)
Mushishi
Samurai 7
Mononoke
Black Lagoon
Crest of the Stars
Daughter of Twenty Faces
Ga-Rei -Zero-
Kuro shizzlesuji
xxxHOLIC Kei
R.O.D. (along with R.O.D. TV)
Gankutsuou: The Count of Monte Cristo
Grave of the Fireflies
Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind
Kara no Kyoukai

I'm currently watching Monster and I'm almost done with it (about ten more episodes to go). Didn't feel like it was the 'best' series ever, but it's good. Who knows, maybe the ending will surprise me.

Edited by Druin, 08 July 2009 - 03:21 AM.


#36 OFFLINE   Slate

Slate

    Monkey

  • Banned Member
  • 100 posts
  • Joined 29 June 2009
  • Skin: Elegia
  • R.S. Status: Retired

Posted 07 July 2009 - 11:35 PM

Alright. Guys, is Blood+ any good? I've been debating over watching it, and I really dont know.

Oh and if anyone can tell me of the anime in which this video is from, I'd greatly appreciate it. My friend wanted me to watch it and the name escapes me at the moment.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pUtoI6nGoOc[/media]

#37 OFFLINE   Xaria

Xaria

    Nihil agere delectat.

  • Retired/Inactive Mod
  • 3,546 posts
  • Joined 11 November 2005
  • Skin: IP.Board
  • Gender:Female
  • R.S. Name: Vearl
  • R.S. Status: Member

Posted 07 July 2009 - 11:50 PM

View PostSlate, on Jul 8 2009, 12:35 AM, said:

Oh and if anyone can tell me of the anime in which this video is from, I'd greatly appreciate it. My friend wanted me to watch it and the name escapes me at the moment.

It's from Higurashi No Naku Koro Ni (When the Cicadas Cry). Coincidentally, that's the only anime I've watched since I was a kid. It's pretty good; I recommend watching it. Just be warned, you might be a little confused about everything for awhile, but most of it gets explained in the second season.

#38 OFFLINE   Slate

Slate

    Monkey

  • Banned Member
  • 100 posts
  • Joined 29 June 2009
  • Skin: Elegia
  • R.S. Status: Retired

Posted 08 July 2009 - 12:03 AM

View PostXaria, on Jul 8 2009, 03:50 AM, said:

View PostSlate, on Jul 8 2009, 12:35 AM, said:

Oh and if anyone can tell me of the anime in which this video is from, I'd greatly appreciate it. My friend wanted me to watch it and the name escapes me at the moment.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pUtoI6nGoOc[/media]
It's from Higurashi No Naku Koro Ni (When the Cicadas Cry). Coincidentally, that's the only anime I've watched since I was a kid. It's pretty good; I recommend watching it. Just be warned, you might be a little confused about everything for awhile, but most of it gets explained in the second season.
Wow, thanks for the quick response.
Greatly appreciated. :]

#39 OFFLINE   Devoid

Devoid

    Rogue

  • Forum Member
  • 457 posts
  • Joined 10 January 2006
  • Skin: Elegia
  • Location:Woah...what's with all these questions...
  • R.S. Name: aaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh
  • R.S. Status: Retired

Posted 08 July 2009 - 12:40 AM

:eyebrows:
You people... With your lists filled with like... 30 different animes that you watch...
I don't watch that many different T.V programmes for crying out loud!
Haven't any of you discovered partying/drinking/weed?
Honestly, you devout anime fans out there, who're probably watching anime right now, please, please go outside, and don't return 'til you're wasted.

#40 OFFLINE   Cxkslei

Cxkslei

    Void Knight

  • Forum Member
  • 8,962 posts
  • Joined 03 November 2005
  • Skin: Elegia
  • R.S. Status: Freeplayer

Posted 08 July 2009 - 12:50 AM

View PostDevoid, on Jul 8 2009, 01:40 AM, said:

:eyebrows:
You people... With your lists filled with like... 30 different animes that you watch...
I don't watch that many different T.V programmes for crying out loud!
Haven't any of you discovered partying/drinking/weed?
Honestly, you devout anime fans out there, who're probably watching anime right now, please, please go outside, and don't return 'til you're wasted.

Nope, actually I'm watching someone playing Yoshi Island via a stream, in a chat about random things, at the moment were talking about ferrets.




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users