gpw

Monkey

• Forum Member
  • 116 posts
  • Joined 14 March 2009
  • Skin: Elegia
  • R.S. Status: Member

Posted 07 August 2009 - 01:47 AM

Free-to-play world: I defeated Elvarg, then I trained on ankous, got to att/str/def/hp of ca. 60 each. There wasn't anything left to do in Runescape (been to Varrock/Rimmington/Falador/all dungeons/all f2p guilds), so I made the horrible decision to explore the Wilderness: Runescape had just eliminated PvP (and in running to Fist of Guthix, there weren't any big hazards). So in preparation of Wilderness exploring, I equipped with full rune armor + rune scimitar and inventory full of lobsters. I explored the Chaos temple near Fist of Guthix, I was the only person there... I then explored the Dark Warrior's Fortress, the Bandit Camp, the ruins to the west of the Bandit Camp. When all of a sudden, a level 75 Revenant comes out of nowhere. I swung at it with the Rune Scimitar, but I wasn't even getting blue zero splats - I wasn't even making contact with the rune scimitar! The revenant took away my HP (ca. 10 at a time), I countered the HP loss by eating lobsters. But I knew that this was a losing proposition; I'm not even making contact with my rune scimitar, never mind hitting the revenant for damage. I tried to run away, but I couldn't. The revenant continued taking away my HP (ca. 10 at a time), I just kept eating more lobsters. Then I remembered that you have to turn on "Protect from Magic" prayer and then run. So I did... and I ran all the way out of the wilderness. I still had several lobster, lots of HP - but that was a scare.
Time passed... I levelled att/str/def/hp to ca. 65 each. I felt adventurous enough to try going in the Wilderness again. I took full rune and full inventory of swordfish, and would only venture in low-level Wilderness - the coal mine (that's really low-level Wilderness!). There was nobody in the coal mine. Then out of nowhere, a level 65 Revenant freezes me. I guess I wasn't in low-enough-level Wilderness, but the coal mine is very-low-level like Fist of Guthix, why is this high-powered Revenant coming at me? It was hitting 8 HP at a time. I tried melee attacking it, but I wasn't aware (back at that time) that Revenants used a freezing spell and then step two squares away so that you can't melee them.
I ate swordfish as I continued trying to fight the Revenant. I turned on prayer and turned to flee. But the prayer wasn't working! The freeze spell was too strong. Although I still had many swordfish, prayer + trying to run away was NOT escaping from the Revenant's freeze spell. I started to panic, but finally the prayer broke the freeze spell and I ran away from the revenant, out of the Wilderness.
I then levelled up to att/str/def/hp of ca. 70 each. I read that you have to use mage/range on the Revenants. So I took the best mage stuff in f2p (Orb Project full outfit, a magic staff), plenty of runes (Earth Blast), full inventory of food, fully charged prayer points ...and also took an emergency (1 water+3 air+1 law) Falador teleport. I was ready to adventure to the Dark Warrior's Fortress. I was keeping a careful eye out for Revenants, and I was ready to defend myself with mage+prayer if need be. In the Dark Warrior's Fortress, I had a few seconds' warning of the level 53 Revenant coming down the halls. I turned on prayer and tried to get Earth Blast ready. But the Revenant was hitting 15 HP per time!! I ran away 8 squares and had prayer on, but the Revenant was still hitting 10-15 HP per time, even though it was many squares away from me! I didn't have time to eat food to counter the HP loss. Whoever said mage is the way to fight Revenants: I found it wasn't: Level 75 and 65 Revenants hitting 8-10 HPs on full Rune armor, level 53 Revenant hitting much higher HP. The panic of realizing that mage is NOT the way to go probably didn't help my mouse-clicking because I fumbled between trying to cast Earth Blast on the Revenant and trying to eat some food. The Revenant was now hitting for 20 HP. I fumbled with the mouse to Emergency Falador Teleport!!! I found myself in Falador with 6 HP. What a huge relief I felt that I took the Falador teleport runes! The moral of the story: If you're F2P, stay away from the Wilderness and its Revenants!!!!! (With the possible exception of the dash to Fist of Guthix.)

#2 OFFLINE   Twist of Fate

Twist of Fate

Carnivorous Onion

• Forum Member
  • 7,940 posts
  • Joined 29 July 2007

Posted 07 August 2009 - 01:50 AM

Woah big wall of text here. :eyebrows:

Revenants are the same in all worlds, f2p and members. They have the same strengths and weaknesses and can be a burden on any player. The best thing to do is to just run if you have no plan of encountering them. Run, pray range so you aren't frozen, eat when you have to, and just hope for the best.
Follow on Tumblr
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#3 OFFLINE   lloonnee2

lloonnee2

Mort Myre Snail

• Forum Member
  • 342 posts
  • Joined 11 November 2008

Posted 07 August 2009 - 05:52 AM

Read in 1 min 13 secs :eyebrows:

so bascially its your story about revs?
Posted Image

#4 OFFLINE   Ruben_

Ruben_

Elf Warrior

• Forum Member
  • 1,964 posts
  • Joined 02 July 2008
  • R.S. Status: Retired

Posted 07 August 2009 - 06:37 AM

View Postgpw, on Aug 6 2009, 09:47 PM, said:

Free-to-play world: I defeated Elvarg, then I trained on ankous, got to att/str/def/hp of ca. 60 each. There wasn't anything left to do in Runescape (been to Varrock/Rimmington/Falador/all dungeons/all f2p guilds), so I made the horrible decision to explore the Wilderness: Runescape had just eliminated PvP (and in running to Fist of Guthix, there weren't any big hazards). So in preparation of Wilderness exploring, I equipped with full rune armor + rune scimitar and inventory full of lobsters. I explored the Chaos temple near Fist of Guthix, I was the only person there... I then explored the Dark Warrior's Fortress, the Bandit Camp, the ruins to the west of the Bandit Camp. When all of a sudden, a level 75 Revenant comes out of nowhere. I swung at it with the Rune Scimitar, but I wasn't even getting blue zero splats - I wasn't even making contact with the rune scimitar! The revenant took away my HP (ca. 10 at a time), I countered the HP loss by eating lobsters. But I knew that this was a losing proposition; I'm not even making contact with my rune scimitar, never mind hitting the revenant for damage. I tried to run away, but I couldn't. The revenant continued taking away my HP (ca. 10 at a time), I just kept eating more lobsters. Then I remembered that you have to turn on "Protect from Magic" prayer and then run. So I did... and I ran all the way out of the wilderness. I still had several lobster, lots of HP - but that was a scare.
Time passed... I levelled att/str/def/hp to ca. 65 each. I felt adventurous enough to try going in the Wilderness again. I took full rune and full inventory of swordfish, and would only venture in low-level Wilderness - the coal mine (that's really low-level Wilderness!). There was nobody in the coal mine. Then out of nowhere, a level 65 Revenant freezes me. I guess I wasn't in low-enough-level Wilderness, but the coal mine is very-low-level like Fist of Guthix, why is this high-powered Revenant coming at me? It was hitting 8 HP at a time. I tried melee attacking it, but I wasn't aware (back at that time) that Revenants used a freezing spell and then step two squares away so that you can't melee them.
I ate swordfish as I continued trying to fight the Revenant. I turned on prayer and turned to flee. But the prayer wasn't working! The freeze spell was too strong. Although I still had many swordfish, prayer + trying to run away was NOT escaping from the Revenant's freeze spell. I started to panic, but finally the prayer broke the freeze spell and I ran away from the revenant, out of the Wilderness.
I then levelled up to att/str/def/hp of ca. 70 each. I read that you have to use mage/range on the Revenants. So I took the best mage stuff in f2p (Orb Project full outfit, a magic staff), plenty of runes (Earth Blast), full inventory of food, fully charged prayer points ...and also took an emergency (1 water+3 air+1 law) Falador teleport. I was ready to adventure to the Dark Warrior's Fortress. I was keeping a careful eye out for Revenants, and I was ready to defend myself with mage+prayer if need be. In the Dark Warrior's Fortress, I had a few seconds' warning of the level 53 Revenant coming down the halls. I turned on prayer and tried to get Earth Blast ready. But the Revenant was hitting 15 HP per time!! I ran away 8 squares and had prayer on, but the Revenant was still hitting 10-15 HP per time, even though it was many squares away from me! I didn't have time to eat food to counter the HP loss. Whoever said mage is the way to fight Revenants: I found it wasn't: Level 75 and 65 Revenants hitting 8-10 HPs on full Rune armor, level 53 Revenant hitting much higher HP. The panic of realizing that mage is NOT the way to go probably didn't help my mouse-clicking because I fumbled between trying to cast Earth Blast on the Revenant and trying to eat some food. The Revenant was now hitting for 20 HP. I fumbled with the mouse to Emergency Falador Teleport!!! I found myself in Falador with 6 HP. What a huge relief I felt that I took the Falador teleport runes! The moral of the story: If you're F2P, stay away from the Wilderness and its Revenants!!!!! (With the possible exception of the dash to Fist of Guthix.)

You're lucky...the lvl 75 rev you're talking about is a werewolf and it has hit me 20+
Posted Image

#5 OFFLINE   Eileth

Eileth

Dwarf

• Forum Member
  • 269 posts
  • Joined 21 December 2008

Posted 07 August 2009 - 07:18 AM

How about telling the moral first so I don't have to read all that text. :eyebrows:

You gotta range those things and bring some friends next time, friends can bless/repair your grave so you don't risk your items (unless you die as last).

Edited by Fes, 07 August 2009 - 07:18 AM.

[x]

#6 OFFLINE   strongfan

strongfan

Camel

• Forum Member
  • 373 posts
  • Joined 19 April 2009

Posted 07 August 2009 - 01:52 PM

I almost never get attacked by revanents.  However, when there was pking in the wildy, I got killed every time I went in.  The only time I have been legitimately attacked by a rev was on a members world.
Revenants aren't common enough, if you ask me.  Back when there was pking, there was a huge line of pkers just waiting for me at the wildy ditch.  Now it's deserted.  You'd think they'd put a crowd of revs at the ditch!

#7 OFFLINE   Melik

Melik

Basilisk

• Forum Member
  • 1,590 posts
  • Joined 25 March 2006

Posted 07 August 2009 - 03:53 PM

It's strange, I had never seen a revenant before I became member a month ago. :eyebrows: In fact, I didn't even know there were such things until P2P. I guess I'm lucky that I went almost 2 years without ever encountering a revenant. ^_^

It seems unlikely, but I'm surprised too.

Posted Image  

Posted Image  

A: [X][X][X][X][X] | S: [X][X][X][X][X][X][X][X]  

#8 OFFLINE   the mon

the mon

River Troll

• Forum Member
  • 1,069 posts
  • Joined 22 July 2007

Posted 07 August 2009 - 03:55 PM

View Postlloonnee2, on Aug 7 2009, 05:52 AM, said:

Read in 1 min 13 secs ^_^

He's telling 3 different stories: one in medium-level wilderness, one is low-level, and one with mage armor :P

Revs attack with all 3 styles and were made to imitate pure pkers. They even heal by themselves. :eyebrows:

Posted Image

#9 OFFLINE   Mohorak

Mohorak

Elf Warrior

• Forum Member
  • 1,994 posts
  • Joined 10 December 2008
  • R.S. Name: Mohorak
  • OldSchool RS Name: Mohorak
  • Clan: Sals Realm

Posted 07 August 2009 - 05:23 PM

View PostMelikbilge, on Aug 7 2009, 04:53 PM, said:

It's strange, I had never seen a revenant before I became member a month ago. :eyebrows: In fact, I didn't even know there were such things until P2P. I guess I'm lucky that I went almost 2 years without ever encountering a revenant. ^_^

It seems unlikely, but I'm surprised too.

Well, there isn't really much point in going into the wildy until members. F2pers barely go in there at all, unless to the Wildy Volcano or Fist of Guthix.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

[img]http://oi61.tinypic.com/105dxyh.jpg[img][/center] [center][img]http://dl.katawa-shoujo.com/pr/banner/ks_banner.jpg[/img]

#10 OFFLINE   Diabba

Diabba

Count Draynor

• Forum Member
  • 1,031 posts
  • Joined 08 August 2008
  • R.S. Name: Diabba

Posted 07 August 2009 - 05:30 PM

View PostCurious Pasta, on Aug 7 2009, 04:55 PM, said:

View Postlloonnee2, on Aug 7 2009, 05:52 AM, said:

Read in 1 min 13 secs :P

He's telling 3 different stories: one in medium-level wilderness, one is low-level, and one with mage armor :D

Revs attack with all 3 styles and were made to imitate pure pkers. They even heal by themselves. ^_^

Made to imitate safers. :eyebrows:

Anyways, I've got to hand it to you, I would never go into the wilderness in search of picking a fight with Revs. Whenever I'm going to FoG I'm scared of the Rev Imp there. ;)

~D

#11 OFFLINE   lord earth13

lord earth13

?

• Forum Member
  • 6,869 posts
  • Joined 11 May 2007
  • Skin: Deviant

Posted 07 August 2009 - 05:32 PM

It's best to wear green dragonhide for you F2P for defense against Revenants. Why? It's resistant against magic. Also turn on range prayer since that's the spell that freezes you. You shouldn't be coming in contact with it's melee attack, so you're fine there. That's easily the best defense against Revenants in F2P Imo. :eyebrows:

#12 OFFLINE   Erebus

Erebus

Ahrim the Blighted

• Forum Member
  • 3,143 posts
  • Joined 28 April 2006
  • Clan: Canting

Posted 07 August 2009 - 05:53 PM

Revenants really aren't that big of a deal for me. I got ambushed by two rev orcs just last night in f2p. All they did was teleblock me and one hit a 13 before I was out of range. They really aren't that bright since they follow standard AI paths and the best thing to do is just run away as soon as you see them.

The one thing I hate about them is that they are everywhere. Pkers at least were known to go only to certain zones but Revenants seem to go everywhere and that makes them a bit more annoying in my book.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#13 OFFLINE   gpw

gpw

Monkey

• Forum Member
  • 116 posts
  • Joined 14 March 2009

Posted 07 August 2009 - 05:57 PM

View Postlloonnee2, on Aug 7 2009, 06:52 AM, said:

Not quite... When I go to Sal's website, I can find maximum information about cities, skills, items, guilds, and quests. But there isn't the same level of detail on Revenants. That was why I made the original post - before I chose to go in the Wilderness, I would have appreciated if I had found as detailed information on Sal's website on the Perils of Revenants (as I can find on items, skills, cities, etc). If that information had been available, I would never have walked around the Wilderness. ...Hypothetically, if I had walked around the Wilderness while aware of the Perils of Revenants, I would not have been terribly upset at losing full rune armor, because I could just purchase replacements at the Grand Exchange. But I would never, EVER, have risked walking around the Wilderness with full Orb Project outfit (4000 Orb Project tokens!).

My thoughts on Revenants:
1) Revenants do not have any weakness.
2) Don't take on a Revenant alone.
3) Carry an emergency teleport with you if you are in the Wilderness in case a Revenant finds you.
4) When you see a Revenant coming, run away (or use the teleport).
5) If a Revenant freezes you, turn on prayer and run away (or use the teleport).

#14 OFFLINE   Erebus

Erebus

Ahrim the Blighted

• Forum Member
  • 3,143 posts
  • Joined 28 April 2006
  • Clan: Canting

Posted 07 August 2009 - 06:10 PM

View Postgpw, on Aug 7 2009, 02:57 PM, said:

View Postlloonnee2, on Aug 7 2009, 06:52 AM, said:

Not quite... When I go to Sal's website, I can find maximum information about cities, skills, items, guilds, and quests. But there isn't the same level of detail on Revenants. That was why I made the original post - before I chose to go in the Wilderness, I would have appreciated if I had found as detailed information on Sal's website on the Perils of Revenants (as I can find on items, skills, cities, etc). If that information had been available, I would never have walked around the Wilderness. ...Hypothetically, if I had walked around the Wilderness while aware of the Perils of Revenants, I would not have been terribly upset at losing full rune armor, because I could just purchase replacements at the Grand Exchange. But I would never, EVER, have risked walking around the Wilderness with full Orb Project outfit (4000 Orb Project tokens!).

My thoughts on Revenants:
1) Revenants do not have any weakness.
2) Don't take on a Revenant alone.
3) Carry an emergency teleport with you if you are in the Wilderness in case a Revenant finds you.
4) When you see a Revenant coming, run away (or use the teleport).
5) If a Revenant freezes you, turn on prayer and run away (or use the teleport).

1) Their weakness is they act like normal monsters. Trap one behind something and they can' follow you.
2) Of course.
Only problem with the last three are revenants can teleblock you making it so you can't teleport... That's always my problem so I always make sure I have something to restore run energy when I'm in the wilderness.

Just wear dragonhide and turn on protect from range when they come at you and you'll be fine. The Wilderness survival guide goes over reventants I believe.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#15 OFFLINE   O_O Hero 0_0

O_O Hero 0_0

Penguin

• Forum Member
  • 61 posts
  • Joined 29 July 2009

Posted 07 August 2009 - 10:32 PM

My clan and I have had an event trying to pk revenants. We kill a lot of them with ease.

Here's a video:

Revenants have been known to go closed doors which all ghost should be able to do. They don't actually walk through, they more like teleport.  :eyebrows:  Though if they spot you as a target they can't go through doorways.  Yeah, revenants have a programmed area in where to go. They can also teleport from you, but this usually does not mean they're losing, it means their patrol route has ended. Revenant hunting is extremely fun. People should try it out sometime.

"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new." -Albert Einstein.

Proud 5th gen leader of the Clashing Knights!

>>>----------> Range ftw. <----------<<<

GO ARSENAL FC!

#16 OFFLINE   Fangy

Fangy

Tree Spirit

• Forum Member
  • 2,044 posts
  • Joined 13 February 2009
  • Skin: Delicate

Posted 07 August 2009 - 11:12 PM

You think that's bad? Try 4 werewolves, 2 orks, 1 vamp at a time. I had full prayer, and hp. By the time I was away, I had 10 hp and 4 prayer points. A trick to get away: run just like 10 steps south of where the moss giants are. Attack the level 25 skelton and turn retaiate off. They can't attack you, and you can wait there forever, as you won't take damage, and won't kill the skeleton. Just make sure you're not hitting the skeleton. :eyebrows:

Posted Image

I make signatures. PM me if you want one.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users