#1 OFFLINE   uberpower22

uberpower22

Penguin

• Forum Member
  • 55 posts
  • Joined 20 March 2010
  • Skin: Elegia

Posted 25 March 2010 - 12:48 PM

When will there be a guide to this minigame on Sal's Realm?
Posted Image

#2 OFFLINE   Forrest Jump

Forrest Jump

Godsword

• Forum Member
  • 10,730 posts
  • Joined 18 November 2007
  • R.S. Name: ForrestJump
  • R.S. Status: Member

Posted 25 March 2010 - 01:24 PM

When it's done. These guides take time to write, don't be impatient.

In the meantime check out the knowledge base article for how the game works, although it won't be as thorough as a guide.

Edited by Jump, 25 March 2010 - 01:24 PM.

Posted Image

#3 OFFLINE   Kafei Nation

Kafei Nation

Crawling Hand

• Forum Member
  • 192 posts
  • Joined 02 October 2009
  • Skin: IP.Board
  • R.S. Name: Kafei Nation
  • R.S. Status: Retired

Posted 25 March 2010 - 04:15 PM

Here's some tips from my personal experience:

What you want to do is get medals.  Then you want to go back to where the heaviest fishes were and fish that spot.

There are 6 kinds of fish there:  bass, cod, herring, pike, salmon & trout.  You want to find the 100% combination for each fish.

You have to choose the correct hook, bait & range (lead weights) for each fish.  This is done by trial and error;  each part of the puzzle is 33%.  The different species are spread out around the island in different spots.   As you try different combinations, your %age will go up or down.

8 different baits
6 different hooks
7 different ranges (this is the tough part at first - figuring out which weights to use to change the range)

There is a clan operating on W39 (flingers cc) that purports to share the information in each game.  AFAIK, it's different on every world though.  You could make your own clan with 6 people and fish anywhere.  I've played a lot of games where there are only 2 or 3 people fishing.

You get 10 chances a week to play the game, but you can pick up stray chances (tickets) as you play, so in reality its a lot more than 10.  I seem to catch a ticket every 2 or 3 games.

Right now I am playing to maximize medals for a tackle box purchase.  My strategy might change if I became more interested in maximizing the fishing XP reward.

Edited by Kafei Nation, 25 March 2010 - 04:32 PM.

PvP is not for me

In the 3rd Year of the Boycott
Real-world money saved since FT/W:  $246.30

Real-world time saved since FT/W:  3102 hours

#4 OFFLINE   void demon12

void demon12

Newbie Forumer

• 11 posts
  • Joined 25 January 2010

Posted 20 May 2010 - 01:10 AM

Kafei Nation, on Mar 25 2010, 04:15 PM, said:

Here's some tips from my personal experience:

What you want to do is get medals.  Then you want to go back to where the heaviest fishes were and fish that spot.

There are 6 kinds of fish there:  bass, cod, herring, pike, salmon & trout.  You want to find the 100% combination for each fish.

You have to choose the correct hook, bait & range (lead weights) for each fish.  This is done by trial and error;  each part of the puzzle is 33%.  The different species are spread out around the island in different spots.   As you try different combinations, your %age will go up or down.

8 different baits
6 different hooks
7 different ranges (this is the tough part at first - figuring out which weights to use to change the range)

There is a clan operating on W39 (flingers cc) that purports to share the information in each game.  AFAIK, it's different on every world though.  You could make your own clan with 6 people and fish anywhere.  I've played a lot of games where there are only 2 or 3 people fishing.

You get 10 chances a week to play the game, but you can pick up stray chances (tickets) as you play, so in reality its a lot more than 10.  I seem to catch a ticket every 2 or 3 games.

Right now I am playing to maximize medals for a tackle box purchase.  My strategy might change if I became more interested in maximizing the fishing XP reward.

I know a good comabation for herring it is:
habatat: river
hook:standed
wates:1 of each
bait:shimps.
it gets 100%

and for pike it is

habatat: beach
hook: double
bait: locust
wates: 1 med and 1 small
rateing 100%!

for cod:
habatat:beatch
hook:doubble
bait:cricket
waits:4 large
raiting:100% as allways!

emm im sorry but it seems that ikt is diffent evry time! so its a case is trial ad errer im afrade

Edited by void demon12, 29 May 2010 - 06:07 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users