#1 OFFLINE   twistedguy

twistedguy

Newbie Forumer

• 12 posts
  • Joined 19 April 2010
  • Skin: Elegia
  • R.S. Status: Freeplayer

Posted 25 April 2010 - 07:27 AM

hey forum i was just wondering becuase im going to start rising my crafting lvl to 60 and im lvl 50 and i was wondering wat would be the best way to get to the lvl btw im f2p and kind of need money.

Thank You For Taking Your Time To Help.

#2 OFFLINE   GodessKairi

GodessKairi

Rogue

• Forum Member
  • 498 posts
  • Joined 18 December 2008

Posted 25 April 2010 - 07:48 AM

Best i could say is: Kill cows at crafting guild. Tan them inside crafting guild. Craft into hardleather bodies. then sell to the general store in rimminington.
I did that and unless prices have changed a lot you wont lose money, you will make a little.
Posted Image

#3 OFFLINE   Helm Lardar

Helm Lardar

Aberrant Specter

• Forum Member
  • 2,828 posts
  • Joined 05 October 2009

Posted 25 April 2010 - 08:07 AM

View PostGodessKairi, on Apr 25 2010, 12:48 PM, said:

Best i could say is: Kill cows at crafting guild. Tan them inside crafting guild. Craft into hardleather bodies. then sell to the general store in rimminington.
I did that and unless prices have changed a lot you wont lose money, you will make a little.
Problem is, that's going to take a looong time.  Especially given that there are normally other people killing the cows as well.  Yes, I tried it once.
If you have some cash to blast at the problem then buy a lot of silver ore, then smelt it into silver bars and make into unstrung symbols. It's low level, it's newby, but it's great value  for xp.  You see, you ge around 50% of the cash you invested back again!  That means you get around 150% of the xp you expected, so it's actually quite good value crafting xp.

Whatever you do, don't string the symbols.
#1 it wastes a lot of time to get the balls of wool.
#2 it wastes a lot of money.  People will only buy your many unstrung symbols because they want to use the lunar spell "String amulet", which is very good xp.  So stringing/blessing them wastes a ton of money.

That's how i'd do it in f2p.  If you are really strapped for cash I guess you could mine the ores, but then it becomes a lot slower.  Smelting ores only takes a little more time and only costs you less than ten gp per ore.  Oh, and do the crafting in Al Kharid, because that's the nearest furnace to a bank in f2p.

Hope that helps.  if your'e wondering how to get the money for it, well....there are a whole bunch of ideas I could point you to, but that's not really relevant here.

Forget the power of technology and science, for so much has been forgotten, never to be re-learned. Forget the promise of progress and understanding, for in the grim dark future there is only war. There is no peace amongst the stars, only an eternity of carnage and slaughter, and the laughter of thirsting gods.

#4 OFFLINE   SummerSidhe

SummerSidhe

Cave Slime

• Forum Member
  • 752 posts
  • Joined 27 September 2009
  • R.S. Status: Inactive

Posted 25 April 2010 - 08:08 AM

The fastest xp on f2p is making silver tiaras, but you'll lose money.
If it's no rush, you should mine silver ore yourself, that way you don't lose as much money and you get mining xp, smithing xp, and crafting xp.

99 Cooking - March 28th, 2010
99 Attack - July 17th, 2010

inactive

#5 OFFLINE   PaladinPker

PaladinPker

Shade

• Forum Member
  • 3,275 posts
  • Joined 21 February 2010

Posted 25 April 2010 - 09:18 AM

View PostIceAngel XD, on Apr 25 2010, 09:08 AM, said:

The fastest xp on f2p is making silver tiaras, but you'll lose money.
If it's no rush, you should mine silver ore yourself, that way you don't lose as much money and you get mining xp, smithing xp, and crafting xp.

Which defeats the point of "fastest xp"

I would buy around 10k gold bars (it's like a mil), make into unstrung gold ammys, and resell for 1.6M

I can't promise that they're gonna sell though...

Another thing you could do is go into Daimonheim, complete a dungeon, BEFORE leaving...run back to the smuggler, buy all the salve nettles you can, make salve robe tops, resell, repeat. It's like 16 gp/xp, but it's daimonheim gp you'll lose anyways, and it's pretty fast (the dungeon isn't)
~May your arrow fly true, and your blade strike fear into those who cross your path.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#6 OFFLINE   vsnlollipop

vsnlollipop

Newbie Forumer

• 14 posts
  • Joined 21 April 2010

Posted 27 April 2010 - 09:04 AM

I think silver tiaras sell better than the other silver items, and you get a little bit more xp.

#7 OFFLINE   Sleepy

Sleepy

Dharok the Wretched

• Forum Member
  • 3,633 posts
  • Joined 19 October 2009

Posted 27 April 2010 - 11:41 AM

You could try making bowls in the crafting guild. It's free xp and you have everything right there in front of you. I'm not sure how it compares to the other skills but I don't find it that bad.

If I had to choose from the other choices, though, I'd go with tanning hides in the crafting guild. There might be some running but it's not as repetitive and that's what makes a skill good to train.

#8 OFFLINE   error404

error404

Aberrant Specter

• Forum Member
  • 2,822 posts
  • Joined 25 November 2008
  • Skin: IP.Board

Posted 27 April 2010 - 01:40 PM

clay bowls are the best in f2p.

Posted Image

Feel free to drag this over someone's avatar for a brief entertainment episode.

#9 OFFLINE   Yoyoma

Yoyoma

Posessed Pickaxe

• Forum Member
  • 1,416 posts
  • Joined 18 September 2009
  • Skin: Deviant
  • R.S. Name: Yoyoicious

Posted 27 April 2010 - 02:20 PM

View Posterror404, on Apr 27 2010, 01:40 PM, said:

That's actually not true.  Soft clay costs about 250 gp, and silver bars cost...315 gp.  Silver tiaras give 52.5 exp per make, and clay bowls only give 33 exp per make.  Therefore, silver tiaras are faster.  If you're trying to save money, silver tiaras buy 1 xp point per 6 gp, and clay bowls cost 7.24 gp per xp.

#10 OFFLINE   Helm Lardar

Helm Lardar

Aberrant Specter

• Forum Member
  • 2,828 posts
  • Joined 05 October 2009

Posted 29 April 2010 - 02:43 PM

I'm telling you, Tiaras don't sell, but Symbols (which are 1 point less xp per craft) do sell, allowing you to get 150% xp.  Just trust me! :rolleyes:

Forget the power of technology and science, for so much has been forgotten, never to be re-learned. Forget the promise of progress and understanding, for in the grim dark future there is only war. There is no peace amongst the stars, only an eternity of carnage and slaughter, and the laughter of thirsting gods.

#11 OFFLINE   The Who?

The Who?

Greater Demon

• Forum Member
  • 2,696 posts
  • Joined 20 November 2006
  • Skin: IP.Board
  • R.S. Name: Free Beers

Posted 29 April 2010 - 07:56 PM

You guys all forgot about rings. Sapphire rings, crafted from gold bars and cut sapphires, give decent exp and *gasp* make money! It looks like about 141 gp profit per ring, which isn't too bad when you make 1k of them :rolleyes:
Posted Image

#12 OFFLINE   Helm Lardar

Helm Lardar

Aberrant Specter

• Forum Member
  • 2,828 posts
  • Joined 05 October 2009

Posted 30 April 2010 - 02:55 PM

View PostThe Who?, on Apr 30 2010, 01:56 AM, said:

You guys all forgot about rings. Sapphire rings, crafted from gold bars and cut sapphires, give decent exp and *gasp* make money! It looks like about 141 gp profit per ring, which isn't too bad when you make 1k of them :)
:)
Well thank you!  I'm going to make some net time I train crafting then :) . [If I can find enough sapphires :rolleyes: ]

#13 OFFLINE   Sleepy

Sleepy

Dharok the Wretched

• Forum Member
  • 3,633 posts
  • Joined 19 October 2009

Posted 30 April 2010 - 02:57 PM

View PostYoyoma, on Apr 27 2010, 02:20 PM, said:

View Posterror404, on Apr 27 2010, 01:40 PM, said:

That's actually not true.  Soft clay costs about 250 gp, and silver bars cost...315 gp.  Silver tiaras give 52.5 exp per make, and clay bowls only give 33 exp per make.  Therefore, silver tiaras are faster.  If you're trying to save money, silver tiaras buy 1 xp point per 6 gp, and clay bowls cost 7.24 gp per xp.

You make the bowls in the guild. There's clay to mine, water to make it soft, spinnythings to shape them, and an oven heat them.

So ya...it's free. I think that beats tiaras :rolleyes:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users