#1 OFFLINE   treestump110

treestump110

Monkey

• Forum Member
  • 111 posts
  • Joined 21 February 2011
  • Skin: Elegia

Posted 22 February 2011 - 08:57 PM

Hey everybody I have a couple questions about guilded altars. First off, I would like somebody to confirm that guilded altars give less experiance than ectofuntus. I know that ectofuntus gives a 400% bonus compared to guilded altars at 350%. Please confirm this as somebody had a heated disagrement with me today about it. Correct me if Im wrong but you need clean marrtentill along with a tinderbox to light the incense burners? I know that people let others use their altar but do they charge? And if they do how much should I expect to pay if any? One last thing, does anybody have one I may use. All feedback will be appreciated.
Posted Image

#2 OFFLINE   One Eye57

One Eye57

Orc

• Forum Member
  • 637 posts
  • Joined 23 December 2010

Posted 22 February 2011 - 09:10 PM

I can confirm that the ectofunctus is more exp per bone than the gilded altar can ever be, but idk about your other questions.
Posted Image

#3 OFFLINE   Toon

Toon

Gnome Baller

• Forum Member
  • 1,759 posts
  • Joined 18 May 2009
  • R.S. Name: Toonmado
  • R.S. Status: Member

Posted 22 February 2011 - 10:07 PM

Yes it is more exp. Yes you need the herb to light it. Most people do it for free at yanille w31

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
9-12-11 : 99 Firemaking (83,012th Person)

#4 OFFLINE   amJordan

amJordan

Abyssal Walker

• Forum Member
  • 1,835 posts
  • Joined 19 January 2009
  • Skin: Delicate

Posted 23 February 2011 - 04:22 AM

1. Ectofuntus is more exp than a Guilded Altar w/ 2 Lit Burners.
2. Yes, you need Marrentill and a Tinderbox to light the burners (I believe marble is the best experience burner wise).
3&4. Usually people don't charge, it depends on the person. Although in all my times of training Prayer using House Altars I've never had someone tell me I needed to pay them anything. It's always nice to maybe offer some Marrentill or some Cash because they're doing you a favor. Plus it's not really too much money because you've probably spent way more than that on your bones :D
5. I do not have a Guilded Altar w/ 2 Burners. Although I plan on getting one soon for me to train Prayer on.

Posted Image
^Check out my Log^
Posted Image
RS: amJordan; XBL: Blk Magix; Skype: I_EM-Jordan

#5 OFFLINE   Sax

Sax

King Black Dragon

• Banned Member
  • 4,807 posts
  • Joined 13 August 2006
  • Skin: IP.Board
  • R.S. Name: Filly Tia
  • Clan: Bronyville

Posted 23 February 2011 - 05:02 AM

1. Ectofuntus is more exp than a Guilded Altar w/ 2 Lit Burners.

But, Ectofuntus is less xp/time (assuming you are spending more then 5 minutes training). The reason people spend so much cash on a Gilded Altar is because you can offer a large number of bones per hour, giving you more xp/h, and making it a significantly faster method of training then the Ectofuntus (albeit by requiring you to use more bones).

2. Yes, you need 2 Marrentills and a Tinderbox to light the burners. To get the full 350% xp you merely need a Gilded Altar and any burner (not torch/candlestick, you need the burners). Incense, Mahogany or Marble.

#6 OFFLINE   Jacky

Jacky

Ninja Imp

• Forum Member
  • 12,187 posts
  • Joined 16 January 2007
  • Skin: Delicate
  • R.S. Status: Retired

Posted 23 February 2011 - 05:29 AM

It's best to go on w31 and find a guild altar there.
Posted Image Posted Image

#7 OFFLINE   Hunter

Hunter

Witchwood Icon

• Forum Member
  • 5,242 posts
  • Joined 03 January 2009
  • R.S. Name: Antilopi

Posted 23 February 2011 - 06:52 AM

View Posttreestump110, on Feb 23 2011, 01:57 AM, said:

Hey everybody I have a couple questions about guilded altars. First off, I would like somebody to confirm that guilded altars give less experiance than ectofuntus. I know that ectofuntus gives a 400% bonus compared to guilded altars at 350%. Please confirm this as somebody had a heated disagrement with me today about it. Correct me if Im wrong but you need clean marrtentill along with a tinderbox to light the incense burners? I know that people let others use their altar but do they charge? And if they do how much should I expect to pay if any? One last thing, does anybody have one I may use. All feedback will be appreciated.

1: Yes, the Ectophuntus gives 400% XP, while the Gilded Altar - with both burners lit - gives 350% XP. However, the Gilded altar is still much faster.

2: Yes, you need 2 Marrentil - one for each burner. And a tinderbox :D

3: Most do it for free on W31. They generally accept donations - indeed, they encourage them.

4: I have one, but I'd request a fair chunk of money for using it due to me having to be there while you train :( I'd keep burners lit etc.

Also I live in England (GMT), so that might be inconvenient for you.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#8 OFFLINE   Zanc Alarac

Zanc Alarac

Camel

• Forum Member
  • 397 posts
  • Joined 09 April 2009
  • R.S. Name: Anduren

Posted 23 February 2011 - 08:29 AM

What are the best times of day to look for gilded altars on world 31? Just asking cause i was on around 10 o'clock eastern time at yanille and there were no gilded alters open.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users