• Forum Member
  • 2,659 posts
  • Joined 26 April 2007
  • Skin: Elegia

Posted 01 September 2011 - 03:20 PM

View PostAmbo100, on Aug 31 2011, 04:52 PM, said:

View PostZacharyB, on Aug 31 2011, 08:25 PM, said:

View PostAmbo100, on Aug 31 2011, 04:21 PM, said:

For the first time, we're releasing a walkthrough for today's quest.

Seems like a real waste of time and resources since there are fansites willing to do that sort of thing for free.  :(

Not that it would take up much time for the quest developer to write up a guide. Nor would it take up any resources at all..

The developers would have to be paid to do do the time it takes to write a comprehensive guide.

View PostHelm Lardar, on Aug 31 2011, 05:01 PM, said:

They already write a quest guide every time.  Haven't you ever heard of questhelp?  This is just making it public, if anything it's a more effective use of resources.

However, questhelp is useful for getting personalized solutions to problems.  I hope they don't stop that.

^ What Helm said

Honestly, I hate how people nice doggy! about jagex without even freaking thinking about what they're posting.

Posted Image
Zooey is my hero <3

#42 OFFLINE   Tabt

Tabt

All glory to the HypnoTabt!

• Forum Member
  • 4,023 posts
  • Joined 05 February 2008
  • R.S. Name: Tabt
  • R.S. Status: Inactive

Posted 01 September 2011 - 04:00 PM

Found a trailor for the quest!

Free Hugs | SalCast | Bloggyness

Posted Image

Grat ~ Goggie | ¡Ay, Tabt! ¡Mi amiga favorita! ~ ElSamsara | <3  ~ Morte

Posted Image

#43 OFFLINE   Yoyoma

Yoyoma

Posessed Pickaxe

• Forum Member
  • 1,429 posts
  • Joined 18 September 2009
  • Skin: Deviant
  • R.S. Name: Yoyoicious
  • R.S. Status: Inactive

Posted 01 September 2011 - 04:59 PM

The medallion looks sweet.  That should be really useful.

Posted Image

#44 OFFLINE   Jethraw

Jethraw

Can you dig it, Sucka?

• Forum Member
  • 3,833 posts
  • Joined 19 July 2008
  • R.S. Name: Low Ki
  • , Tim<3sJammy
  • OldSchool RS Name: Low Ki
  • R.S. Status: Member

Posted 01 September 2011 - 05:03 PM

Little irksome that the medallion gives you what many of us already worked really hard for - (quick access to Mort'ton / Barrows & Burgh De Rott through Temple Trekking) - but the quest itself was great.

#45 OFFLINE   Blazer1332

Blazer1332

Chocolate Cake

• Forum Member
  • 530 posts
  • Joined 29 March 2006

Posted 02 September 2011 - 12:28 AM

Interesting.

Edited by Razorlike, 08 September 2011 - 09:08 PM.
Please add more to your post ~Razorlike

#46 OFFLINE   Jacky

Jacky

Ninja Imp

• Forum Member
  • 12,197 posts
  • Joined 16 January 2007
  • Skin: Delicate
  • R.S. Status: Retired

Posted 02 September 2011 - 02:42 AM

View PostJethraw, on Sep 1 2011, 10:03 PM, said:

Little irksome that the medallion gives you what many of us already worked really hard for - (quick access to Mort'ton / Barrows & Burgh De Rott through Temple Trekking) - but the quest itself was great.
Yeah I find it really weird especially since these updates were a week apart.
Posted Image Posted Image

#47 OFFLINE   Helm Lardar

Helm Lardar

Aberrant Specter

• Forum Member
  • 2,828 posts
  • Joined 05 October 2009

Posted 02 September 2011 - 09:52 AM

I think the trailers are by far the best adverts Runescape has.  They're good :( .

Forget the power of technology and science, for so much has been forgotten, never to be re-learned. Forget the promise of progress and understanding, for in the grim dark future there is only war. There is no peace amongst the stars, only an eternity of carnage and slaughter, and the laughter of thirsting gods.

#48 OFFLINE   Forrest Jump

Forrest Jump

Godsword

• Forum Member
  • 10,730 posts
  • Joined 18 November 2007
  • R.S. Name: ForrestJump

Posted 07 September 2011 - 05:05 PM

Amazing quest. The next part will be amazing. Could it be the Stone of Jas that Draken is obsessed over?

Posted Image

#49 OFFLINE   Xaene

Xaene

Monkey

• Forum Member
  • 130 posts
  • Joined 30 April 2006
  • R.S. Name: Xaene

Posted 08 September 2011 - 06:12 AM

I also really liked the quest. And for what my opinions worth, boss fight was certainly interesting. He damages much faster than Nomad if you screw up, the darkness thing in particular was annoying and getting hit 400+ by it seems to be both normal and unavoidable. I rank him harder than the pest queen, easier than Nomad, and harder than the balance elemental.

Based on the end fight difficulty I would grade it as a GM quest even though Jagex havent.

#50 OFFLINE   Forrest Jump

Forrest Jump

Godsword

• Forum Member
  • 10,730 posts

Posted 08 September 2011 - 04:31 PM

View PostXaene, on Sep 8 2011, 07:12 AM, said:

I also really liked the quest. And for what my opinions worth, boss fight was certainly interesting. He damages much faster than Nomad if you screw up, the darkness thing in particular was annoying and getting hit 400+ by it seems to be both normal and unavoidable. I rank him harder than the pest queen, easier than Nomad, and harder than the balance elemental.

Based on the end fight difficulty I would grade it as a GM quest even though Jagex havent.

It was definitively up there as one of the harder quest bosses, but at the same time it took me one shot with using only rocktails. Master quest is accurate.

Posted Image

#51 OFFLINE   Linux

Linux

Shade

• Forum Member
  • 3,268 posts
  • Joined 15 August 2008
  • Skin: IP.Board
  • R.S. Name: So True
  • Clan: DGS

Posted 08 September 2011 - 08:23 PM

View PostForrest Jump, on Sep 8 2011, 04:31 PM, said:

It was definitively up there as one of the harder quest bosses, but at the same time it took me one shot with using only rocktails. Master quest is accurate.
Easier then Nomad?
Didn't ermmm. Stokenut die a few times using pernix/ovl?
Easier then Nomad I can do him in 1 try using saradomin brews, but, I haven't done the quest nor am I going to try to do the series except if I try maxing out.
~Matthew
Posted Image
A big thanks goes to Prodigy :D

#52 OFFLINE   Xaene

Xaene

Monkey

• Forum Member
  • 130 posts
  • Joined 30 April 2006
  • R.S. Name: Xaene

Posted 10 September 2011 - 01:25 AM

View PostPianist, on Sep 9 2011, 11:23 AM, said:

Easier then Nomad?
Easier then Nomad I can do him in 1 try using saradomin brews, but, I haven't done the quest nor am I going to try to do the series except if I try maxing out.
Dont know how any specific other people are faring, and luck seems to play a larger part in this boss fight as compared to Nomad who was consistent in his special attack cycles - Vanstrom can do multiple blood bombs or darknesses etc and catch you in a bad way even when you are trying to get down rocktails or brews as fast as you can click.

And on a slightly different note - can we agree that for his CMB lvl, Vanstrom is one of the toughest bosses/monsters in rs? He was lvl 332 in the boss fight, and for this lvl he is FAR harder than mithril drags(304), kbd(276), skeletal horror(320 - i kill this guy weekly and often dont even need food), and harder than balance elemental(454), pest queen (599) etc.

Edited by Xaene, 10 September 2011 - 01:26 AM.

#53 OFFLINE   Forrest Jump

Forrest Jump

Godsword

• Forum Member
  • 10,730 posts

Posted 10 September 2011 - 01:38 PM

View PostPianist, on Sep 8 2011, 09:23 PM, said:

Easier then Nomad?

I was using extremes and rocktails with a tort. He kept spamming his blood bomb flight attack, but I managed to beat him in one shot. Far easier than Nomad.

Edited by Forrest Jump, 10 September 2011 - 01:38 PM.

Posted Image

#54 OFFLINE   Luftey

Luftey

Otherworldly Being

• Forum Member
  • 1,697 posts
  • Joined 09 February 2009

Posted 11 September 2011 - 12:53 PM

Boss was mega easy.  Just ovld'd+turned on turm and used the melee stick. He did several of those blood dots and the darkness thing 3 times, but, it wasn't that hard, only used maybe 5-6 brews.  Overall, I thought the boss was fun, somewhat challenging which was nice, I only wish the boss fight lasted longer ;p  If a player didn't have Ovlds I think it would be more challenging as you couldn't really use brews as well, and with vyrewitch in your inventory and other stuff, I could see one running out of food.

I'd agree with the above about harder than the pest queen and below Nomad.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users