IPB Elegia Style© Fisana

Jump to content


New High-level Prayer Potion 06-Sep-2011


  • This topic is locked This topic is locked
31 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   Jack Mackin

Jack Mackin

    Newbie Forumer

  • New Member
  • 4 posts
  • Joined 03 September 2011
  • Skin: Elegia
  • R.S. Status: Freeplayer

Posted 06 September 2011 - 04:01 PM

I don't actually get it... why are they changing all the numbers? i remember when i was able to hit 19, u were a playa in f2p. Now u are cb 50 and u hit "78". And now prayer?! What next? Running energy 1000? Like the new potion tho..  :(

#22 OFFLINE   -Leaf-

-Leaf-

    Dust Devil

  • Forum Member
  • 2,758 posts
  • Joined 26 March 2011
  • Skin: Delicate
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:where you least expect
  • R.S. Name: Leaaf
  • R.S. Status: Member
  • Clan: DeeGeeEss

Posted 06 September 2011 - 05:15 PM

Inb4 summoning points x10

Useless potion is useless.

View PostSobend, on 15 June 2014 - 07:45 PM, said:

I never read posts more than 3 lines.

Posted ImagePosted Image


#23 OFFLINE   Yoyoma

Yoyoma

    Posessed Pickaxe

  • Forum Member
  • 1,429 posts
  • Joined 18 September 2009
  • Skin: Deviant
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:hold it, right there, stalker
  • R.S. Name: Yoyoicious
  • R.S. Status: Inactive

Posted 06 September 2011 - 05:23 PM

Aaaaargh.  Darn you, Jagex.  Prayer flashing was the life of all f2pers!  (The pr0 ones, ofc).

Posted Image


#24 OFFLINE   -Leaf-

-Leaf-

    Dust Devil

  • Forum Member
  • 2,758 posts
  • Joined 26 March 2011
  • Skin: Delicate
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:where you least expect
  • R.S. Name: Leaaf
  • R.S. Status: Member
  • Clan: DeeGeeEss

Posted 06 September 2011 - 05:43 PM

View PostYoyoma, on Sep 6 2011, 03:23 PM, said:

Aaaaargh.  Darn you, Jagex.  Prayer flashing was the life of all f2pers!  (The pr0 ones, ofc).
You can still pray flash.

View PostSobend, on 15 June 2014 - 07:45 PM, said:

I never read posts more than 3 lines.

Posted ImagePosted Image


#25 OFFLINE   Tri Poc

Tri Poc

    Egg Whisk

  • Forum Member
  • 1,709 posts
  • Joined 18 February 2007
  • Skin: Elegia
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:To bad in still in illinois
  • R.S. Name: Tri Poc
  • R.S. Status: Member
  • Clan: Astapor

Posted 06 September 2011 - 05:49 PM

View PostJack Mackin, on Sep 6 2011, 04:01 PM, said:

I don't actually get it... why are they changing all the numbers? i remember when i was able to hit 19, u were a playa in f2p. Now u are cb 50 and u hit "78". And now prayer?! What next? Running energy 1000? Like the new potion tho..  :(
I still remember that update, i had been misiformed and hit like a 20 or something ridiculous on a chicken....i flipped out.....

Anyway, meh update seems drab....just filler and adding more useless high level content. tbh.

Posted Image
Huge thanks to Prodigy for the sig.

View PostUther, on Jun 24 2011, 08:35 PM, said:

I prefer men

#26 OFFLINE   Moog

Moog

    Cabbage

  • Forum Member
  • 3,058 posts
  • Joined 13 April 2010
  • Skin: Delicate
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:*BAM* I'M BEHIND YOU!!
  • R.S. Name: Merlinn
  • R.S. Status: Retired

Posted 06 September 2011 - 06:01 PM

I can see this happening:

max hp being 99000, max pray being 9900, max summon points being 9900

All armor stats x10, so it can be like wow.


Inb4welcometowowscaperiotagain
>implying

#27 OFFLINE   Forrest Jump

Forrest Jump

    Godsword

  • Forum Member
  • 10,730 posts
  • Joined 18 November 2007
  • Skin: Elegia
  • Gender:Male
  • R.S. Name: ForrestJump
  • R.S. Status: Member

Posted 06 September 2011 - 06:07 PM

View PostZar0s, on Sep 6 2011, 07:01 PM, said:

I can see this happening:

max hp being 99000, max pray being 9900, max summon points being 9900

All armor stats x10, so it can be like wow.


Inb4welcometowowscaperiotagain

And how is making the numbers simpler by making them larger like WoW?

Posted Image


#28 OFFLINE   -Leaf-

-Leaf-

    Dust Devil

  • Forum Member
  • 2,758 posts
  • Joined 26 March 2011
  • Skin: Delicate
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:where you least expect
  • R.S. Name: Leaaf
  • R.S. Status: Member
  • Clan: DeeGeeEss

Posted 06 September 2011 - 06:08 PM

x10 prayer has much less of an impact than x10 hp. Prayer used to be counted in 0.1 increments to calculate prayer drain, so all they're doing is making that visible now. I believe Prayer rounded up to the nearest whole number only when logging out, or not at all.

However, previously HP always rounded down to the nearest whole number (e.g. hitting 1.9 damage would be a 1 in the old system, or 19 in the new system). This made things like Flesh crawlers which had high attack low str a lot more dangerous for people with low defence.

Prayer didn't change much.

View PostSobend, on 15 June 2014 - 07:45 PM, said:

I never read posts more than 3 lines.

Posted ImagePosted Image


#29 OFFLINE   Jacky

Jacky

    Ninja Imp

  • Forum Member
  • 12,187 posts
  • Joined 16 January 2007
  • Skin: Delicate
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Home
  • R.S. Status: Retired

Posted 07 September 2011 - 03:40 PM

High alch price = the pot aint cost efficient. Definately not worth an week of updates imo.
Posted Image Posted Image

#30 OFFLINE   Forrest Jump

Forrest Jump

    Godsword

  • Forum Member
  • 10,730 posts
  • Joined 18 November 2007
  • Skin: Elegia
  • Gender:Male
  • R.S. Name: ForrestJump
  • R.S. Status: Member

Posted 07 September 2011 - 06:35 PM

View PostJacky, on Sep 7 2011, 04:40 PM, said:

High alch price = the pot aint cost efficient. Definately not worth an week of updates imo.

It's likely that they figured the pot along with bonus exp was enough for the week. I'd have to agree.

Posted Image


#31 OFFLINE   Morte

Morte

    Samsara never talks to me on Skype

  • Retired/Inactive Mod
  • 4,013 posts
  • Joined 04 November 2005
  • Skin: Elegia
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:U.S.of A.
  • R.S. Name: More Tea
  • R.S. Status: Member

Posted 07 September 2011 - 08:21 PM

View PostForrest Jump, on Sep 7 2011, 07:35 PM, said:

View PostJacky, on Sep 7 2011, 04:40 PM, said:

High alch price = the pot aint cost efficient. Definately not worth an week of updates imo.

It's likely that they figured the pot along with bonus exp was enough for the week. I'd have to agree.
I find the timing a bit off though; most people probably already have collected their supplies for BXP, so for them to release a new potion right before it when everyone's already set? I dunno bout that one...

#32 OFFLINE   Forrest Jump

Forrest Jump

    Godsword

  • Forum Member
  • 10,730 posts
  • Joined 18 November 2007
  • Skin: Elegia
  • Gender:Male
  • R.S. Name: ForrestJump
  • R.S. Status: Member

Posted 07 September 2011 - 11:33 PM

View PostMorte, on Sep 7 2011, 09:21 PM, said:

View PostForrest Jump, on Sep 7 2011, 07:35 PM, said:

View PostJacky, on Sep 7 2011, 04:40 PM, said:

High alch price = the pot aint cost efficient. Definately not worth an week of updates imo.

It's likely that they figured the pot along with bonus exp was enough for the week. I'd have to agree.
I find the timing a bit off though; most people probably already have collected their supplies for BXP, so for them to release a new potion right before it when everyone's already set? I dunno bout that one...

I'd agree that the timing doesn't make sense, but at the same time it does. By putting it here as opposed to being by itself the week seems less barren. If it was alone then it'd practically be a no update week.

Posted Image





0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users