#1 OFFLINE   dark deemed

dark deemed

Rogue

• Forum Member
  • 475 posts
  • Joined 01 November 2009
  • Skin: IP.Board

Posted 01 October 2011 - 03:54 PM

I often think back to boss monsters I fought when I was merely a low level adventurer with nothing but full mith and a few hundred herring to my name. Back then, killing Delrith or going toe to claw with the evil chicken was a major achievement, but it would be awesome to be able to fight them again with all my shiny stats and equipment...just to show them who’s boss now!

Imagine a sentient tower that can trawl through your memories, allowing you to relive those fights in a new, purpose-built combat arena. Imagine a tower that can give you challenges based around those unlocked bosses, giving you arcade-style bonuses and weaknesses as you progress to the top. Imagine a tower that can reward you for completing those challenges with unique gear, allowing you to show off your progress and flaunt your success in the battered faces of your enemies.

Posted Image

You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one...for at the very end of this month we will be bringing members... the DOMINION TOWER!

DOMINION TOWER

Fight over fifty different boss monsters; engage with multiple fight modes to test your skills from endurance mode to climber mode; cope with over 20 new combat handicaps; battle in 8 brand new speciality battles, using dominion weapons and bombs. Once you’re done, chuck down a marker with your achievements, see how you’ve competed on the high score table and mock your rivals as they fail.

As well as generous Combat XP and new consumable items to use on the surface world, you’ll also have the chance to unlock the dominion glove sets, designed to offer new “unarmed” combat options and offer some of the best stats available for the glove slot. Plus you’ll get to play with the deadly dreadnip; a new ally to help you in your hardest and toughest fights yet to come. We are even intending to run a special sneak preview session at RuneFest this month to allow those attending to have full access to the tower on special test servers, and even invite the players there to design their own, brand-new dominion boss!

Posted Image

Chat Changes and Camera Controls

We’re adding new ways for you to control your camera movement by adding a new mouse cam. Sadly, this isn’t a small rodent with CCTV strapped to its back (which would be cool too), but it does allow you to use your middle mouse button to change your camera angle - which means you can navigate the game world using solely the mouse. To use the feature, you’ll simply need to hold the middle mouse wheel to pitch and rotate the view. Our chat features are going through a massive overhaul too, and will soon be able to offer features like auto wrapping text and chat “modes”, allowing you to change your default typing mode from “public” to “Clan”, “Friends”, “guest clan” etc. This is designed to make chatting in different modes even easier but will still allow users to stick to their old “//” methods if they prefer.

It’s worthwhile noting that all of these camera and chat changes affect both the free and members versions of the game, and were based on suggestions from our players via our forums and fan sites, as well as those in game.

The Pit (Agility Distraction and Diversion)

If you find yourself training your Agility skill towards the end of this month you might find yourself bumping into a mysterious talent scout who’s interested in finding some candidates for “The Pit”, RuneScape’s newest and least forgiving D&D. It’s somewhere you’ll only be able to reach via an invite, though, as you take on one of 6 different madcap events designed to give you a well-deserved break from your favourite Agility spot and test your luck and skills. Those that do well will earn generous XP rewards, unique cosmetic gear and the respect of the crazy characters at the course. Are you good enough to catch the talent scout’s eye? Start running laps and find out if you’ve got what it takes!

Halloween 2011 – Deathcon 2

Where better to hold a Halloween event than the citadel of Death himself? Grim is inviting all comers to his own Halloween-themed castle to help out with Deathcon 2, a 2 week convention to celebrate all things spooky. Meet new characters and old favourites as you engage with perplexing puzzles and catastrophic conundrums, earning you new cosmetic items, a new emote and a chance for non-clan members to see what citadels are all about. There’s even an exceptionally cool hourglass item available only to RuneScape members for this Halloween, so be sure you’re subscribed during Deathcon 2 if you want to get your hands on it. There’s plenty to see and do as you help Death and his horsemen get everything ready for the evil event of the year.

With both RuneFest and Deathcon 2 happening at the same time, I wonder if Grim has anything special in store for us. Don’t forget....nothing is certain apart from Death itself.

Posted Image

Have fiendish fun!

Mod Mark
Lead Designer

Edited by Samsara, 01 October 2011 - 10:10 PM.

#2 OFFLINE   -Leaf-

-Leaf-

Dust Devil

• Forum Member
  • 2,753 posts
  • Joined 26 March 2011
  • Skin: Delicate
  • R.S. Name: Leaaf
  • R.S. Status: Member
  • Clan: DeeGeeEss

Posted 01 October 2011 - 04:15 PM

:(

Compared to Sept, not very interesting.

Edited by -Leaf-, 01 October 2011 - 06:44 PM.

View PostSobend, on 15 June 2014 - 07:45 PM, said:

I never read posts more than 3 lines.

Posted ImagePosted Image

#3 OFFLINE   Traviesa

Traviesa

Unicorn

• Forum Member
  • 433 posts
  • Joined 12 December 2009
  • Skin: Elegia
  • R.S. Name: Slaviknod
  • R.S. Status: Freeplayer

Posted 01 October 2011 - 05:37 PM

I like the spider disk jockey part of this news item.

#4 OFFLINE   Mikeyy the Xenocide

Mikeyy the Xenocide

Cockatrice

• Forum Member
  • 1,106 posts
  • Joined 14 May 2008
  • R.S. Name: Mikeyy
  • OldSchool RS Name: Mikeyy
  • R.S. Status: Retired
  • Clan: B F C

Posted 01 October 2011 - 06:05 PM

View PostMikeyy, on Sep 26 2011, 12:38 AM, said:

Possible quest replaying? Boss refighting?

Called it!
Posted Image
[8:46:30 PM] Beret: she had a hot body
[8:46:37 PM] Beret: WHICH I DEFILED

#5 OFFLINE   futterwacken

futterwacken

Gnome Child

• 19 posts
  • Joined 13 August 2011

Posted 01 October 2011 - 08:40 PM

That Dominion Tower sounds pretty cool. Are they going to up the level of some of the lower level bosses to match your level? Cause that'd be kinda awesome. Or are they just gonna put in the weaknesses? I'm pretty excited about this actually. I can't wait to fight some of these monsters again!
Posted Image

#6 OFFLINE   Erebus

Erebus

Ahrim the Blighted

• Forum Member
  • 3,143 posts
  • Joined 28 April 2006
  • Clan: Canting

Posted 01 October 2011 - 09:31 PM

It always saddens me when there's no new quests for a month. =(

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#7 OFFLINE   Twist of Fate

Twist of Fate

Carnivorous Onion

• Forum Member
  • 7,941 posts
  • Joined 29 July 2007

Posted 01 October 2011 - 09:44 PM

Besides the tower, it seems like this is an items-themed month.
Follow on Tumblr
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#8 OFFLINE   Wheeeeelsun

Wheeeeelsun

Chocolate Cake

• Forum Member
  • 548 posts
  • Joined 25 July 2008
  • R.S. Name: WlLS0N
  • Clan: Sals Realm

Posted 02 October 2011 - 01:47 AM

Quite disappointed, honestly. Well least theres the H'ween to cheer things up :(

Posted Image

~ WlLS0N ~ 7th June 2013 Max Cape ~ 12th June 2013 120 Dungeoneering Cape ~ 25th June 2013 Completionist Cape ~ Sal's Team 13% Large: 10:45 Minutes ~

#9 OFFLINE   Jacky

Jacky

Ninja Imp

• Forum Member
  • 12,187 posts
  • Joined 16 January 2007

Posted 02 October 2011 - 02:37 AM

View PostNumber 88, on Oct 1 2011, 08:54 PM, said:

I often think back to boss monsters I fought when I was merely a low level adventurer with nothing but full mith and a few hundred herring to my name. Back then, killing Delrith or going toe to claw with the evil chicken was a major achievement, but it would be awesome to be able to fight them again with all my shiny stats and equipment...just to show them who’s boss now!

Imagine a sentient tower that can trawl through your memories, allowing you to relive those fights in a new, purpose-built combat arena. Imagine a tower that can give you challenges based around those unlocked bosses, giving you arcade-style bonuses and weaknesses as you progress to the top. Imagine a tower that can reward you for completing those challenges with unique gear, allowing you to show off your progress and flaunt your success in the battered faces of your enemies.

[center]Posted Image

You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one...for at the very end of this month we will be bringing members... the DOMINION TOWER!

DOMINION TOWER

Fight over fifty different boss monsters; engage with multiple fight modes to test your skills from endurance mode to climber mode; cope with over 20 new combat handicaps; battle in 8 brand new speciality battles, using dominion weapons and bombs. Once you’re done, chuck down a marker with your achievements, see how you’ve competed on the high score table and mock your rivals as they fail.

As well as generous Combat XP and new consumable items to use on the surface world, you’ll also have the chance to unlock the dominion glove sets, designed to offer new “unarmed” combat options and offer some of the best stats available for the glove slot. Plus you’ll get to play with the deadly dreadnip; a new ally to help you in your hardest and toughest fights yet to come. We are even intending to run a special sneak preview session at RuneFest this month to allow those attending to have full access to the tower on special test servers, and even invite the players there to design their own, brand-new dominion boss!

Mod Mark
Lead Designer
Wow nice update month.

No Slayer dung until November I feel like I'm gonna throw a brick 60 miles east :(
Posted Image Posted Image

#10 OFFLINE   Chaoss

Chaoss

Maple Logs

• Forum Member
  • 3,953 posts
  • Joined 18 August 2008

Posted 02 October 2011 - 07:57 AM

Another month where F2P'ers get nothing.

Oh wait I lied we get to rotate our cameras. Thank god.

Posted Image

Posted Image
"We're paratroopers, Lieutenant. We're supposed to be surrounded."
[1] [2]

#11 OFFLINE   Jethraw

Jethraw

Can you dig it, Sucka?

• Forum Member
  • 3,833 posts
  • Joined 19 July 2008
  • R.S. Name: Low Ki
  • , Tim<3sJammy
  • OldSchool RS Name: Low Ki

Posted 02 October 2011 - 08:04 AM

Looks like an alright month, nothing special, though I'll wait to see the new tower before I write it off completely :(

#12 OFFLINE   Yuanrang

Yuanrang

Dura Lex, Sed Lex.

• Forum Moderator
  • 5,835 posts
  • Joined 04 November 2005
  • Skin: IP.Board
  • R.S. Name: Yuanrang

Posted 02 October 2011 - 12:06 PM

View PostChaoss, on Oct 2 2011, 01:57 PM, said:

I'd imagine that's why it's called Free to Play.

On the bright side, the camera rotation (if good) is actually one of those things any player requires in combat, especially Clan PvP. That's a fairly good update, if they make it responsive and a good rotation-option.

Posted Image
Remember The Titans!

If you have a valid complaint about a punishment given for an infraction,
please contact one of our Administrator Overlords or PM me.

Posted Image

#13 OFFLINE   Jacky

Jacky

Ninja Imp

• Forum Member
  • 12,187 posts
  • Joined 16 January 2007

Posted 02 October 2011 - 02:55 PM

View PostYuanrang, on Oct 2 2011, 06:06 PM, said:

On the bright side, the camera rotation (if good) is actually one of those things any player requires in combat, especially Clan PvP. That's a fairly good update, if they make it responsive and a good rotation-option.
From what I gather from the BTS, you cant click on things and rotate the map using olny the mouse, and most clans usually use some sort of team speak in PvP.
True about F2P though, why would Jagex give f2p a good update when they are milking the crap out of Runescape L

Edited by Jacky, 02 October 2011 - 02:56 PM.

Posted Image Posted Image

#14 OFFLINE   -Leaf-

-Leaf-

Dust Devil

• Forum Member
  • 2,753 posts
  • Joined 26 March 2011

Posted 02 October 2011 - 03:14 PM

View PostChaoss, on Oct 2 2011, 05:57 AM, said:

If it's just the same as the current camera options, it will probably just be an annoyance (I tend to touch the mouse wheel a lot for no reason).

Posted ImagePosted Image

#15 OFFLINE   Herty

Herty

Elf Warrior

• Forum Member
  • 1,992 posts
  • Joined 26 January 2009

Posted 02 October 2011 - 04:31 PM

I reckoned only the holiday events would make me log back in, but refighting stuff from years ago sounds good too.

:(
Posted Image

ty zooeyy!!!!!!

#16 OFFLINE   Wiltingplant

Wiltingplant

Tree Spirit

• Forum Member
  • 2,024 posts
  • Joined 19 April 2007
  • R.S. Name: wiltingplant
  • R.S. Status: Freeplayer

Posted 02 October 2011 - 07:03 PM

Definitely not a fan of members-only holiday items. :( The rest looks pretty cool, though.
hi.

#17 OFFLINE   Micael Fatia

Micael Fatia

Capt Never Wrong

• Forum Member
  • 10,710 posts
  • Joined 13 January 2006
  • Skin: Deviant

Posted 02 October 2011 - 07:33 PM

I doubt I'll bother checking the Dominion Tower, so I'm only going to login this month to complete the H'ween event. Doesn't really seem like an interesting update.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#18 OFFLINE   Chaoss

Chaoss

Maple Logs

• Forum Member
  • 3,953 posts
  • Joined 18 August 2008

Posted 02 October 2011 - 11:03 PM

View PostJacky, on Oct 2 2011, 03:55 PM, said:

View PostYuanrang, on Oct 2 2011, 06:06 PM, said:

From what I gather from the BTS, you cant click on things and rotate the map using olny the mouse, and most clans usually use some sort of team speak in PvP.
True about F2P though, why would Jagex give f2p a good update when they are milking the crap out of Runescape L
The bots and adverts are "milking" it, while the rest of us players that actually play the game are shafted :D

Honestly doesn't matter it was just an observation, we havn't had an update newsworthy in literally months :(

Posted Image

Posted Image
"We're paratroopers, Lieutenant. We're supposed to be surrounded."
[1] [2]

#19 OFFLINE   -Leaf-

-Leaf-

Dust Devil

• Forum Member
  • 2,753 posts
  • Joined 26 March 2011

Posted 03 October 2011 - 03:30 AM

View PostChaoss, on Oct 2 2011, 09:03 PM, said:

Honestly doesn't matter it was just an observation, we havn't had an update newsworthy in literally months :(
September would like to have a word with you.

Though I agree, for almost every month from Feb to Aug.

Posted ImagePosted Image

#20 OFFLINE   Dimosthimise

Dimosthimise

Dagannoth

• Forum Member
  • 2,434 posts
  • Joined 28 October 2008
  • R.S. Name: Dimosthimise

Posted 03 October 2011 - 09:48 PM

It seems like a fairly bare month - no quest even announced (I don't count holiday events as quests). The Domination Tower looks like it has potential, but then again, it's Jagex after all...

Well, at least I can work on other stuff I've been meaning to do this month. :(

~Dimos

Posted Image
Posted Image

Spoiler

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users