#1 OFFLINE   ii Firedude

ii Firedude

Rogue

• Forum Member
  • 470 posts
  • Joined 23 January 2010
  • Skin: Elegia

Posted 07 June 2012 - 11:00 PM

so im getting void with deflector and everything and well i was wondering once i get slayer helm (200points more) is it worth getting void for meele or just wait and keep the prossy i have atm just replace with slayer helm also is their a way i can make the gloves slayer helm deflector and top and bottom work with bonus or do you need helm?

#2 OFFLINE   Byz

Byz

Black Demon

• Forum Member
  • 4,638 posts
  • Joined 27 April 2008
  • R.S. Name: byz
  • R.S. Status: Member

Posted 07 June 2012 - 11:20 PM

Slayer helm is way better than void for slaying, it gives a greater bonus than void and lets you use both a defender and gloves. And no, you cannot combine void with slayer helm.

Edited by Byz, 07 June 2012 - 11:21 PM.

#3 OFFLINE   ii Firedude

ii Firedude

Rogue

• Forum Member
  • 470 posts
  • Joined 23 January 2010

Posted 07 June 2012 - 11:47 PM

well i dont got barrows gloves im using prossy atm wich i would say i like becuase it just cheap but good for prayer and well void i could use gloves with d def but would you recomend this for maging and ranging i got mystic and black d hide 80 mage 70 range 74 def personaly im looking for some cheap armour as i kind of wana get ss

#4 OFFLINE   Guitar Geek4

Guitar Geek4

River Troll

• Forum Member
  • 1,061 posts
  • Joined 08 November 2005
  • R.S. Name: Tender Toes

Posted 07 June 2012 - 11:51 PM

Void is only good really for range mainly unless you're bossing or maxing. Slayer helm by far will prevail as it allows for more defence and if you have a full slayer helm you can switch between styles without changing helms.
Posted Image
Spoiler

#5 OFFLINE   ii Firedude

ii Firedude

Rogue

• Forum Member
  • 470 posts
  • Joined 23 January 2010

Posted 08 June 2012 - 12:02 AM

View PostGuitar Geek4, on 07 June 2012 - 11:51 PM, said:

Void is only good really for range mainly unless you're bossing or maxing. Slayer helm by far will prevail as it allows for more defence and if you have a full slayer helm you can switch between styles without changing helms.
okay so void is good for range what about mage? also is void a over all good meele helm?

#6 OFFLINE   MitchDMX

MitchDMX

Mort Myre Snail

• Forum Member
  • 319 posts
  • Joined 31 March 2009
  • R.S. Name: MitchDMX
  • Clan: RSJK

Posted 08 June 2012 - 12:43 AM

As just a helm, the void melee helm isn't really good. however, i do prefer the set when on tasks where prayer and a good magic def bonus is good (I.E wfs). void owns there, and gives a better prayer bonus compared to slayer helm+d'hide/karil's and still gives a pretty good bonus. Plus, it's good for non-task monsters like AZ's which need little defence and good prayer bonuses.

As for ranged yeah it's good but I prefer slayer helm+d'hide cause i only range on tasks and the void gives lower bonuses compared to d'hide and slayer helm's better for the tasks. Mage idrk, but it could be useful if you mage quite alot, but i dont <_<

Edited by MitchDMX, 08 June 2012 - 12:47 AM.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#7 OFFLINE   Azarath

Azarath

Aberrant Specter

• Forum Member
  • 2,898 posts
  • Joined 26 October 2006
  • Clan: Sal's Realm

Posted 08 June 2012 - 05:45 AM

View Postii Firedude, on 08 June 2012 - 12:02 AM, said:

View PostGuitar Geek4, on 07 June 2012 - 11:51 PM, said:

okay so void is good for range what about mage? also is void a over all good melee helm?
No, void is good for certain situations when you range like some lower level bosses and if you are chinning for example, with that being said the accuracy lost for the small boost is imo not worth using void for, in both of the situations above Armadyl Armour is just better. The void range bonus is +10% to Accuracy and Damage, the accuracy you lose from using the equipment is not covered by the boost you recieve. If you are happy to have reduced accuracy to get a little bit more damage use void for range.

For mage I cannot think of a situation where it beats out full Ahrims + Arcane Stream, voids total bonus for mage btw is +30% to accuracy which you have to pay for by lowering your accuracy by using bad mage gear. Melee, its got extremely limited situations, yes its good for meleeing certain bosses, but the bonus you recieve is only +10% to str and atk, less than the Slayer Helms boost on Slayer tasks, so never void on slay tasks. And to note, having good gear gives you the same (if not higher) hits than void with more defence.

Just one final bit to add, Im pretty sure the Salve(e) doesnt stack with the slayer helm, so if you are in a situation where your slay task is the undead, you can use void + a salve(e) instead of a slayer helm.

Edited by Azarath, 08 June 2012 - 05:48 AM.

Posted Image

#8 OFFLINE   -Leaf-

-Leaf-

Dust Devil

• Forum Member
  • 2,735 posts
  • Joined 26 March 2011
  • Skin: Delicate
  • R.S. Name: Leaaf
  • Clan: DeeGeeEss

Posted 08 June 2012 - 11:48 AM

Assuming that you are on a Slay task:

Void Range is BETTER than Slayer helm in 99% of situations.
Void Melee is WORSE than Slayer helm, ALWAYS.

The reason for this is because the items do not work the way Jagex claims that they do. (Seriously, this is the case for so many things (e.g. leech curses, turm, all skilling auras, desp ring with hex, etc...) that you would think that the Jagex doesn't know how their own game works)

Void Melee gives a 1.1x bonus to Attack and Strength, as expected. (So 1.1x accuracy and damage)
Slayer helm gives a 7/6 (about 1.167x bonus) instead of the expected 1.15x, to accuracy and damage..
Void Range gives a 1.1x bonus to Range LEVEL and Range damage. Because Range level determines both accuracy and damage, the result is 1.1x to accuracy, and slightly less than 1.21x to damage due to rounding down.

Edited by -Leaf-, 08 June 2012 - 11:49 AM.

View PostSobend, on 15 June 2014 - 07:45 PM, said:

I never read posts more than 3 lines.

Posted ImagePosted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users