All glory to the HypnoTabt!

• Forum Member
  • 4,017 posts
  • Joined 05 February 2008
  • Skin: Elegia
  • R.S. Name: Tabt
  • R.S. Status: Inactive

Posted 24 October 2012 - 12:55 PM

Haunted Houses (Free-to-Play and Members)
It's that time of year again: the veil between worlds waxes thin and restless souls wander the night.
No-one's happier about that than Brother Heinous. This mad monk's planning to collect the essence of these ghosts to fuel a curse against Falador and Varrock, and he needs a horde of unscrupulous minions to help him gather ectoplasm for his vile ritual. The only foil to his foul plan is Brother Righteous: a Saradominist monk who's also seeking ectoplasm to strengthen the magical barriers protecting the two towns.
This is where you come in. Once you've reported to your chosen monk in either Falador or Varrock, listen out for the global announcements in your chat window every 2 hours, indicating spectral incursions across Gielinor. When this happens, ghosts will spawn in houses across the world. They're easily exorcised with a right-click and reduced to ectoplasm, but you'll have to find them first! Speak to the monks for clues, work together with your friends, and get hunting for those haunted houses!
Posted Image
Bring back enough ectoplasm and you'll not only increase the score of your chosen side - which will be tracked throughout the event by our Community Team - but you'll also earn points to spend on robes to show off your allegiance to Team Heinous or Team Righteous. The robes' colours can be switched on the fly, for the morally flexible among you.
Collect the whole set, and you'll earn the right to buy an ectoplasmator. This strange device will give you Prayer XP for each ghost you kill, much as a bonecrusher would for a creature that drops bones. You can only claim the item while wearing a full set of robes, of a colour linked to the side you're claiming the item from: wear the unhallowed version to claim it from Brother Heinous, or the hallowed version to claim it from Brother Righteous.
It's going to be the side with the most support that prevails, so get involved with the community to further your chosen cause! The RuneScape Community Team are running dual campaigns for the duration of this event: Mod Sabre representing the cackling hordes of Team Heinous andMod Mike the dewy-eyed defenders of Team Righteous. Visit your thread of choice to pledge your support.
Mod Wilson
How to start seeking out Haunted Houses
Speak to Brother Heinous or Brother Righteous, in either Varrock Square or Falador Park.
Listen out for announcements every 2 hours and seek out ghosts in the houses of Gielinor. Speak to the monks for clues.
The ghosts can only be seen from close up, and will only spawn in buildings in built-up areas. Team up to find them!
Requirements
Free players and members alike can participate and claim the cape, but you must be on a members' world to claim the full set and the ectoplasmator.
Behind the Scenes Video
If you haven't already, take a tour of Haunted Houses with our latest Behind the Scenes Video:
In Other News
  • From Friday, there'll be a range of spooky delights available on the Squeal of Fortune. These include creepy candy that'd give a zombie a sugar rush, a ghoulish mask that can turn you into an incorporeal entity, and much more!
  • Solomon's selling an infernally amazing range of armour and weapon reskins inspired by that hellacious lord of the Abyss, K'ril Tsutsaroth. If you like your gear spiky, dark and just plain spectacular, indulge in a set or two at Solomon's General Store.
  • Random events will no longer activate in the game:
    • If you are in an event upon log-in, you will still need to complete the event.
    • It is no longer possible to obtain points towards random event costumes and emotes. You will still be able to spend any remaining points for the immediate future, and we encourage you to do so.
    • Another method of obtaining the costumes and emotes will be introduced to the game in the near future.
    • All music tracks linked to random events will be automatically unlocked.
  • We’ve updated all human face models, in accordance with player feedback.
The patch notes archive can be seen here.

Free Hugs | SalCast | Bloggyness

Posted Image

Grat ~ Goggie | ¡Ay, Tabt! ¡Mi amiga favorita! ~ ElSamsara | <3  ~ Morte

Posted Image

#2 OFFLINE   Clavius

Clavius

Knight of Ardougne

• Forum Member
  • 1,348 posts
  • Joined 28 July 2008
  • Skin: Deviant
  • R.S. Status: Retired

Posted 24 October 2012 - 01:53 PM

I thought this was a thread about haunted houses,,,

this sounds like fun too

Edited by Clavius, 24 October 2012 - 01:56 PM.

"The heights charm us, but the steps do not; with the mountain in our view we love to walk the plains."

#3 OFFLINE   Gantowisa

Gantowisa

Camel

• Forum Member
  • 370 posts
  • Joined 10 December 2011

Posted 24 October 2012 - 01:59 PM

As a Temple Knight I suppose I am expected to join the Team Righteous.
Hope it is a fun event.

No more random events? Occaisonally they came in handy, the ones with bank deposit boxes anyway.
I guess the genie will go join the rock golems and evil chickens and the others, wherever they be.
The Internet's ability to empower individuals with an illusion of infinite knowledge challenges even notions of reality.

#4 OFFLINE   Helm Lardar

Helm Lardar

Aberrant Specter

• Forum Member
  • 2,828 posts
  • Joined 05 October 2009

Posted 24 October 2012 - 02:20 PM

It's strange to think that Random Events are gone.  I hope the characters will still pop up around the place.

Forget the power of technology and science, for so much has been forgotten, never to be re-learned. Forget the promise of progress and understanding, for in the grim dark future there is only war. There is no peace amongst the stars, only an eternity of carnage and slaughter, and the laughter of thirsting gods.

#5 OFFLINE   Dei Wei

Dei Wei

Ahrim the Blighted

• Forum Member
  • 3,181 posts
  • Joined 22 December 2007
  • R.S. Name: dei wei
  • R.S. Status: Member

Posted 24 October 2012 - 02:29 PM

Yay for an exact copy of the Easter event great creativity there.
Posted Image
~~ 90+ all Skills - 17th October 2012 ~~
~~ 2400 Total - 30th March 2013 ~~
~~Max Cape - 4th April 2014~~
Posted ImagePosted Image
Previous Skill Competition Banners
Spoiler

#6 OFFLINE   Amber Pyre

Amber Pyre

Monkey Archer

• Forum Member
  • 2,242 posts
  • Joined 05 January 2010

Posted 24 October 2012 - 03:10 PM

View PostTabt, on 24 October 2012 - 12:55 PM, said:

• Random events will no longer activate in the game:

Ahem.
http://nooooooooooooooo.com/

The way the event's set up just does not seem very good. It should not be like the Marathons were during the Games, and more like an actual holiday event, where you can actually do it without needing to be precise when you log on (if you've got a limited amount of time).
I sure hope the reward is worth it, because it really just seems like a pain.

Sure hope the face models look better. Female model's been really ugly recently. Would be glad if that's taken care of.

Edited by Amber Pyrilmas, 24 October 2012 - 03:11 PM.

#7 OFFLINE   Salmoneus

Salmoneus

The proprietor of this fine establishment.

• Site Admin
  • 2,884 posts
  • Joined 04 October 2005

Posted 24 October 2012 - 03:42 PM

The event sounds rather fun and 'spooky'!

But what happened to random events? They're just suddenly gone? Jagex must be confident in their anti-bot efforts. :glasses:

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -- Martin Luther King Jr.
"Searching is half the fun: life is much more manageable when thought of as a scavenger hunt as opposed to a surprise party." -- Jimmy Buffett

Like us. Tweet us. Share us.
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#8 OFFLINE   Trey

Trey

EDM Addict

• Forum Member
  • 3,136 posts
  • Joined 18 December 2007
  • Skin: IP.Board

Posted 24 October 2012 - 06:03 PM

View PostSalmoneus, on 24 October 2012 - 03:42 PM, said:

But what happened to random events? They're just suddenly gone? Jagex must be confident in their anti-bot efforts. :glasses:
Either that or they realized they do nearly nothing to stop bots and just deter actual players from playing the game.

Posted Image

#9 OFFLINE   Amber Pyre

Amber Pyre

Monkey Archer

• Forum Member
  • 2,242 posts
  • Joined 05 January 2010

Posted 24 October 2012 - 06:05 PM

View PostTrey, on 24 October 2012 - 06:03 PM, said:

Either that or they realized they do nearly nothing to stop bots and just deter actual players from playing the game.
I looked forward to getting random events because of the break from grinding and the nice cosmetic rewards that came with.

#10 OFFLINE   Gantowisa

Gantowisa

Camel

• Forum Member
  • 370 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 06:15 PM

View PostAmber Pyrilmas, on 24 October 2012 - 06:05 PM, said:

I looked forward to getting random events because of the break from grinding and the nice cosmetic rewards that came with.

I really hope that there will be an alternative in-game way (Not runecoins) for players to get those old rewards. For those who did not get them all.
The Internet's ability to empower individuals with an illusion of infinite knowledge challenges even notions of reality.

#11 OFFLINE   Amber Pyre

Amber Pyre

Monkey Archer

• Forum Member
  • 2,242 posts
  • Joined 05 January 2010

Posted 24 October 2012 - 06:19 PM

View PostGantowisa, on 24 October 2012 - 06:15 PM, said:

View PostAmber Pyrilmas, on 24 October 2012 - 06:05 PM, said:

I really hope that there will be an alternative in-game way (Not runecoins) for players to get those old rewards. For those who did not get them all.
I'm hoping so too. Otherwise I'll hate Jagex forever. Or something.

#12 OFFLINE   Sk8skull

Sk8skull

Maple Logs

• Forum Member
  • 3,913 posts
  • Joined 15 April 2009

Posted 24 October 2012 - 08:48 PM

Wtf no more random events, that's like the best part of grinding on a skill cause you know that jagex even wants you to verify that you're human cause you're so good at not exp waste.

Sad

Posted Image

Ty Zooey <3.

#13 OFFLINE   Trey

Trey

EDM Addict

• Forum Member
  • 3,136 posts
  • Joined 18 December 2007

Posted 24 October 2012 - 08:52 PM

View PostAmber Pyrilmas, on 24 October 2012 - 06:19 PM, said:

Another method of obtaining the costumes and emotes will be introduced to the game in the near future.

Posted Image

#14 OFFLINE   Eternaly Lit

Eternaly Lit

Penguin

• Forum Member
  • 82 posts
  • Joined 12 September 2011
  • Clan: Sals Realm

Posted 24 October 2012 - 10:06 PM

They really could have done a lot better on this event, instead of just copying the Easter event of 2012 and adding ghosts. The main thing I love about this update are the random events being gone and hopefully the way that you get the random event clothing won't be the SoF or SGS.

#15 OFFLINE   Gantowisa

Gantowisa

Camel

• Forum Member
  • 370 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 11:49 PM

View PostTrey, on 24 October 2012 - 08:52 PM, said:

View PostAmber Pyrilmas, on 24 October 2012 - 06:19 PM, said:

Another method of obtaining the costumes and emotes will be introduced to the game in the near future.

I read that. But with jagex-speak I do not want to jump to a conclusion.
"to the game" does not mean "in-game" (in-game meaning a new event or distraction)
"Another method" could easily be to spin the sqeal of fortune.

As long as the emotes and costumes do not end up in the same place that the additional bank space went to.
(the bank space that was supposed to be added to the loyalty shop "in the coming weeks" )

Edited by Gantowisa, 24 October 2012 - 11:50 PM.

#16 OFFLINE   Sobend

Sobend

Man of Means by No Means

• Forum Moderator
  • 4,934 posts
  • Joined 03 November 2005
  • R.S. Name: Sobend
  • , Sobend 2
  • Clan: -->

Posted 26 October 2012 - 04:05 PM

I think for the first time since I started I will skip a holiday event. This one looks like it is not worth my time to be honest.
-Sobend
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users