Evolution of Combat (EoC) Launch Notes
There's less than a day until EoC is planned to go live in RuneScape, and Jagex was kind enough to share some information that should help clear up some of the confusing stuff you might run into upon EoC's launch.
Firstly, the Evolution of Combat update is planned to go live tomorrow, Nov 20, in the morning hours, in GMT time.
Mod Mike said:
- All poisoned items, like a dragon dagger p++, are converted into their un-poisoned versions, as poisoned weapons no longer exist
- Spellboxes (a reward from Dungeoneering) are removed and the player refunded the Dungeoneering tokens they used to purchase them
- Players are refunded any Dungeoneering tokens they spent to unlock the Dungeoneering versions of the Piety prayer, as they are now unlocked at the same time as the player gets Piety
- Players Prayer Points are fully restored
- All worn items are removed and placed in their backpack. If there is no room in their backpack, the items are sent to the bank.
- All players (both free and members) get 15 extra bank spaces (to make sure they have room to hold the items un-equipped)
- Players are given off-hand versions of any claw weapons they have. The claws they already have become the main-hand versions of the claws. If the player doesn't have any room for the new claws in their backpack and bank, they do not get the extra off-hand claws.
- Players disease is cured, as disease has been removed from the game
- Players PK skulls are removed, as they have been removed from the game
- The player is teleported to a random one of the following locations:
- Varrock (East or West bank)
- Falador (East or West bank)
- Al Kharid
- Grand Exchange
- The player is given a one-off pop-up telling them combat has been released, that their items were un-equipped and that they have been teleported to a safe town
- Recalculate task totals (due to combat-related tasks being affected)
EoC is going to be a huge change for everyone, and there are bound to be lots of questions about it. Hopefully these notes will help ease the transition a little bit. I also encourage everyone to help each other get used to the new RuneScape combat system!
Edited by Salmoneus, 19 November 2012 - 08:52 PM.