IPB Elegia Style© Fisana

Does God and his --- Obey or Die law--- say that Christians are to be slaves forever?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Gnostic Christian Bishop

Gnostic Christian Bishop

Ent

• Forum Member
  • 219 posts
  • Joined 11 October 2013
  • R.S. Status: Inactive

Posted 25 November 2013 - 09:49 AM

Does God and his --- Obey or Die law--- say that Christians are to be slaves forever?

If not, when does your slavery to God or Satan end?

In a discussion of God’s murder of Adam and Eve, a Christian said the following.

“My understanding is that they were created innocent with the hope of the reward for life if they obeyed and the consequence of death if they didn't.”

What this Christian said I believe is true Christian dogma and tradition.

I believe that it basically shows Christians with characters or egos that want to be or will settle for perpetual slavery.
As Paul says, be a slave to sin or a slave to God.

My reply was basic and true to his, ---- Obey or die, statement.

“IOW.  Be my slave and do as you are told or die.”

If true, then who in their right mind would or should ever want to be a Christian?

Do Christians want to be free men and women or slaves to a God who creates us ill and demands we be well, ----- or suffer his punishment of death?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-pmArHBW9ns

Was man created to be a slave and to obey or die?

The sin of Eve and Adam was to decide to be educated and wise instead of just slaves to ignorance.

Were Adam and Eve murdered by neglect by a callous God just because they wanted their eyes opened and to exercise the free will that Christians say God gave us?

God and his --- Obey or Die --- says that Christians are to be slaves forever.

If not, when does your slavery to God or Satan end?

Regards
DL

Edited by Gnostic Christian Bishop, 25 November 2013 - 03:46 PM.

#2 ONLINE   Crackity Jones

Crackity Jones

Cookie I think you're tame.

• Distinguished Member
  • 19,994 posts
  • Joined 14 December 2006
  • Skin: Deviant

Posted 25 November 2013 - 10:30 AM

It's a myth, it doesn't have to make sense and you don't have to base your life around it.

And you don't have to make a topic every time you think about religion.

Posted Image

#3 OFFLINE   Shooter585

Shooter585

Elf Warrior

• Forum Member
  • 1,973 posts
  • Joined 20 July 2006
  • Skin: IP.Board
  • R.S. Name: shooter585
  • , hey
  • R.S. Status: Freeplayer
  • Clan: .

Posted 25 November 2013 - 10:40 AM

I think being a slave to a perfect master would not be bad.  There are over a billion "slaves" right now and most of them are doing just fine.

Besides, when slave is used here, it is meant to mean servant, loyal devotee, and so on.  I don't think Paul is suggesting Christians should work on sugar plantations.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#4 OFFLINE   Amber Pyre

Amber Pyre

Monkey Archer

• Forum Member
  • 2,243 posts
  • Joined 05 January 2010
  • Skin: Elegia

Posted 25 November 2013 - 03:34 PM

To answer the question in the topic's title: yes.
To make some additional comments: Probably not a good thing, seeing as how he'd kill you anyways just because he woke up in a bad mood. So, doesn't really matter much.

#5 OFFLINE   Gnostic Christian Bishop

Gnostic Christian Bishop

Ent

• Forum Member
  • 219 posts
  • Joined 11 October 2013

Posted 25 November 2013 - 03:54 PM

View PostFREEDOM, on 25 November 2013 - 10:30 AM, said:

It's a myth, it doesn't have to make sense and you don't have to base your life around it.

And you don't have to make a topic every time you think about religion.
Yes. It is a myth. A myth that has caused a lot of harm and continues to do so.  
add     that it is my view that all right wing literalists and fundamentals hurt all of us who are moral religionists, --- as well as those who do not believe. Literalists hurt their parent religions --- and everyone else, be he a believer or not. Literalists and the right wing of religions make us all into laughing stocks. Their God of talking animals, genocidal floods and retribution has got to go. So must beliefs in fantasy, miracles and magic. These are all evil.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5HKHaClUCw4&feature=PlayList&p=5123864A5243470E&index=0&playnext=1

They also do much harm to their own.

African witches and Jesus
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MlRG9gXriVI&feature=related

Jesus Camp 1of 9
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=48b_1185215493

Death to Gays.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RMw2Zg_BVzw&feature=related

For evil to grow my friends, all good people need do is nothing.
Fight them when you can. It is your duty to our fellow man.

Regards
DL

View PostShooter585, on 25 November 2013 - 10:40 AM, said:

I think being a slave to a perfect master would not be bad.  There are over a billion "slaves" right now and most of them are doing just fine.

Besides, when slave is used here, it is meant to mean servant, loyal devotee, and so on.  I don't think Paul is suggesting Christians should work on sugar plantations.
They were aware of words like servant and loyal devotee when they wrote slave. But hey, if you want to say that the bible is has been poorly written then I agree.  Regards  DL

View PostAmber Pyre, on 25 November 2013 - 03:34 PM, said:

To answer the question in the topic's title: yes.
To make some additional comments: Probably not a good thing, seeing as how he'd kill you anyways just because he woke up in a bad mood. So, doesn't really matter much.
No argument and thanks for the straight answer. You are definitely an honest person. Quite hard to find one like you in a place like this.  Regards  DL

#6 OFFLINE   Shooter585

Shooter585

Elf Warrior

• Forum Member
  • 1,973 posts
  • Joined 20 July 2006
  • Skin: IP.Board
  • R.S. Name: shooter585
  • , hey
  • R.S. Status: Freeplayer
  • Clan: .

Posted 25 November 2013 - 05:12 PM

View PostGnostic Christian Bishop, on 25 November 2013 - 03:54 PM, said:

They were aware of words like servant and loyal devotee when they wrote slave. But hey, if you want to say that the bible is has been poorly written then I agree.  Regards  DL
I believe those other words are used as well.  I'm not going to bother looking for them, but I can if you ask.  In addition, the Bible is translated into English, and some of the nuances of a language are lost during translation.

Either way:

Would you rather be ruled over by a perfect dictator or a democratically elected government?  A perfect dictator is not going to be inefficient or make mistakes, even if he/she still has complete power over you.  The despot will use that power in your best interests.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#7 OFFLINE   Bwauder

Bwauder

Willow Logs

• Forum Member
  • 1,245 posts
  • Joined 11 October 2008
  • Skin: Deviant

Posted 25 November 2013 - 07:00 PM

View PostShooter585, on 25 November 2013 - 05:12 PM, said:

View PostGnostic Christian Bishop, on 25 November 2013 - 03:54 PM, said:

I believe those other words are used as well.  I'm not going to bother looking for them, but I can if you ask.  In addition, the Bible is translated into English, and some of the nuances of a language are lost during translation.

The bible was initially a collection of stories in the first place,usually gathered & written long after the acts they claim to portray by people other than the key characters. This limits the reliability of "contemporary historical reporting" although the key ideals & events were likely retained in the verbal traditions.

Additionally it has been heavily editted ( both added to & significant sections removed from "future prints") the best known & largest editting commision being made by the Romans  Council of Nicaeaunder Constantine.  Along with interpretive adaptions to suit current cultures and heirachies at various times as further editions were produced & eventually printed when technology progressed far enough. These adaptions could be considered to include mistranslations by scholars and spelling/printing errors that became part of the tradition.

As already mentioned above, multiple translations and the passage of time has another major effect in that words/phrases in different cultures & periods of history have varying nuances & meaning, completely changing some of the messages and lessons that are supposed to be learned.

Im personally waiting for an ancient book to be found complete with its flyleaf  " A collection of fables put into writing for your consideration and enjoyment"
, and ascribe to the archeological view that relgion was a form of social development to help lay down some rules & control populations as concentrations grew from family groups to villages/towns/cities. The slavery aspect of the OP if true is self imposed , a factor of the old structures that are clinging to power in a modern environment that no longer requires them.

Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image...WTF?

#8 OFFLINE   Gnostic Christian Bishop

Gnostic Christian Bishop

Ent

• Forum Member
  • 219 posts
  • Joined 11 October 2013

Posted 26 November 2013 - 08:01 AM

0 user(s) are reading this topic