Hint: the Butler did not do it!
Table of Contents
- Essential Info
- Getting Started
- The Mystery
- Catching a Killer
- Fast Quest Walkthrough
Talk to one of the guards around Sinclair Mansion.
- Skills: None.
- Quests: None.
- Items: 1x Empty Pot
- Skills: None.
- Quests: None.
- Items: None.
- Difficulty: Novice
- Length: Short
Start off by talking to one of the guards near Sinclair Mansion, located just north of the Seers' Village. He tells you that Lord Sinclair has been murdered and they can't figure out who killed him. Offer your help, and he says that you should question the family about where they were and such info that would help solve the crime.
Go inside of the mansion and take a look at the east-most room. This is where the murder took place, and the main evidence of the crime can be found. Take the Pungent Pot from the table, as well as the Criminal's Dagger from the center of the room. Investigate the Smashed Window on the eastern wall to find the Criminal's Thread.
Now leave the house and talk to Gossip, found in the chicken pen in the southwest corner of the estate. Ask him about who he thinks killed Lord Sinclair, and he mentions about a Poison Seller that came by. Head back to the Seers Village and talk to the Poison Seller in the tavern at the west end of town. Ask him why he sold the family poison, and he says that he sold a bottle to each of the family members.
- David - He says that he killed the spiders in the nest upstairs with the poison.
- Carol - She says that she cleaned the drain outside the mansion door.
- Elizabeth - Says that she killed the mosquitoes living under the fountain.
- Anna - She says that she used it on the compost heap outside.
- Bob - Says that he used the poison on the beehive on the west side of the estate.
- Frank - Used it to clean the crest on the outside wall of the mansion.
Investigate each of these places after speaking to the people, and there should be one place that hasn't been touched with the poison. That person is the culprit, but you're going to need more evidence to prove it.
Catching a Killer
Depending on who is lying, you'll have to search the barrel in their room to obtain an item that belongs to the criminal. Bob and Anna's rooms are downstairs, while Carol, Dave, Frank and Elizabeth's rooms are upstairs. Once you have their item, it's time to get some solid evidence against them.
Outside of the mansion is a shed on the west side, where you should find some Flypaper that will prove to be helpful. Take 2 pieces and go back inside the mansion to the kitchen, and click on the barrel to fill your Pot with some flour. Use the flour on the Criminal's Dagger, and then use some Flypaper on it to get an Unknown Fingerprint.
- 3 Quest Points
- 1,406 Crafting experience
Fast Quest Walkthrough
- [^] Talk to Sinclair Mansion Guard
- [^] Enter Mansion and go to east room
- [^] Take Pot and Dagger
- [^] Investigate smashed window
- [^] Leave house
- [^] Talk to Gossip
- [^] Talk to Poison Seller in Seers' Village
- [^] Talk to each of the family and servants in Mansion
- [^] Investigate places each person mentioned
- [^] Serach barrel in room of person who lied
- [^] Head to Shed west of Mansion
- [^] Take 2 pieces of Flypaper
- [^] Fill Pot with Flour
- [^] Use Flour on Dagger
- [^] Use Flypaper on Dagger
- [^] Repeat steps 14 and 15 on culprit's item
- [^] Use two fingerprints with each other
- [^] Take evidence to Guard
- [^] Quest Complete!