Table of Contents
- Essential Info
- Getting Started
- Buying the Rum
- Finding the Rum
- Finding the Treasure
- Fast Quest Walkthrough
Talk to Redbeard Frank in Port Sarim.
- Skills: None.
- Quests: None.
- Items: Falador Teleport Runes, Varrock Teleport Runes
- Difficulty: Novice
- Length: Short
To start the quest, you will need to head over to Redbeard Frank. He is south of the Rusty Anchor Bar in Port Sarim. Tell him you are in search of treasure, and he will tell you where to find some - for a price.
He would like you to get him some rum. However, he doesn't want just any old rum; he wants the one-and-only Karamja Rum. Tell him you will get some for him and head south to the Customs Officers. Then pay one of them 30 gold to go to Karamja.
Buying the Rum
Buy some Karamja Rum from his shop for 30gp. Now, you will need to smuggle the bottle of rum off the island, as the Customs Officers will prevent you from boarding the ship while carrying it.
Warning: Do not try to teleport while carrying the Karamja Rum because the bottle will break, and you will need to obtain another.
To do this, first head northwest to find Luthas. Talk to him about a job; he will tell you that he will pay you 30 gold if you fill a crate of bananas for him. This sounds like a good opportunity to smuggle your contraband off the island...
West of Luthas' house is his Banana Plantation, where you will find lots of Banana Trees. Simply pick ten Bananas from them.
Once the crate is packed with the ten bananas and the bottle of Karamja Rum, speak to Luthas again to tell him that the crate is ready to be shipped. Now, leave the island again by paying one of the Custom Officers.
Finding the Rum
Once you arrive back at Port Sarim, you will need to collect the Karamja Rum from the crate, which is now located in the back room of Wydin's Grocery Store. for this part, you will need to wear a White Apron. A White Apron is hanging up in the northeast corner of the Fishing Shop - take it and equip it.
Finding the Treasure
The chest is located upstairs, in the room in the southeast corner. Use the key on the chest and you will see a message:
"Visit the city of the White Knights. In the park, Saradomin points to the X which marks the spot."
This is a description of Falador Park -- time to do some digging! So, head to Falador and take the Spade from the Estate Agent's house located east of the Furnace building. In the middle of the park, you will see a statue. To the west, you will see an X made from the dirt path.
Dig there and a disgruntled level four Gardener will yell at you and attack you (after all, you're vandalizing his garden!). He only has 70 Life Points, so he shouldn't be a problem. Once you kill him, dig again to receive a chest.
- 2 Quest Points
- One-Eyed Hector's Treasure Chest - contains a Cut Emerald, Gold Ring and 450gp.
- The ability to use the "Pay Fare" option to go to Karamja.
- Bard Roberts in Port Sarim's pub will sing you a shanty of the adventures you had on this quest.
Fast Quest Walkthrough
- [^] Talk to Redbeard Frank about treasure.
- [^] Pay a fare to Karamja
- [^] Buy Karamja Rum from Zambo.
- [^] Pick 10 bananas for Luthas, place them in the crate, and then put rum inside.
- [^] Talk to Wydin about a job.
- [^] Go into the back room and get rum.
- [^] Talk to Redbeard Frank and receive a chest key.
- [^] Go unlock the chest upstairs in the Blue Moon Inn.
- [^] Dig at the "X" formed by the flowerbed at Falador, kill the Gardener, and dig again to finish the quest.
- [^] Quest complete!