Table of Contents
- Essential Info
- Getting Started
- Caleb Fitzharmon - Cooking Ingredients
- Fast Quest Walkthrough
To Begin this Quest, Speak to Dimintheis. He is located in the house in Southeastern Varrock just north of the Fancy Clothes Shop.
- Skills: Ability to defeat a level 170 monster, 40 Crafting, 40 Mining, 40 Smithing, 59 Magic
- Quests: None.
- Items: 1x Antipoison, 1x Bass, 1x Necklace Mould, 1x Pickaxe, 1x Ring Mould, 2x Ruby, Runes to cast all four of the "Blast" spells, 1x Salmon, 1x Shrimps, 1x Swordfish, 1x Tuna
- Difficulty: Experienced
- Length: Long
To begin Family Crest, speak with Dimintheis in Southeastern Varrock. He is located in/around the house just north of the Fancy Clothes Shop. Refer to the Map Above. When you mention your status as an adventurer he tells you he may just have an adventure for you.
When you ask about the crest, he continues to explain that his 3 sons took it with them to war many years ago. He assumed them dead; however, he recently discovered that one of the sons may be alive beyond White Wolf Mountain. You agree to help him find the son.
Caleb Fitzharmon - Cooking Ingredients
Travel to Camelot and follow the trail Southeast into Catherby. You will find Caleb in/around the house located immediately Northeast of the Bank. Speak to him and ask him if he is indeed Caleb Fitzharmon.
He shows surprise that you know his name. You quickly explain that you've been sent by his father and ask him about the Crest prior mentioned. He explains that he has a piece of it, but not all of it. You further question him and ask what happened to the rest. He sadly explains the disagreement he had with his brother and explains that they each ended up with part of the crest. After he elaborates on the subject, you bluntly ask if you can have the piece.
In response, Caleb explains that as the oldest son he is the most entitled and rightful bearer of the crest; however, after you contradict how useful the crest is without the other fragments Caleb is quick to put his pride aside and ask you to help him find some ingredients in exchange for the crest. Accept the task.
He asks you to get him a Cooked Bass, Tuna, Swordfish, Shrimp, and Salmon. These can all be easily acquired through the Grand Exchange or you can fish them yourself from the Catherby Fishing spots just to the Southeast. Return to him with the fish. You exchange the Fish for the Crest.
Avan Fitzharmon - The "Perfect" Necklace
After Caleb hands you the crest, talk to him again and he'll tell you about his brother who lives in Al Kharid. Teleport to the Duel Arena in Al Kharid with a Ring of Duelling. If you don't have one, use the home teleport or teleport to Lumbridge and run to Al Kharid. If you haven't completed Prince Ali Rescue, you'll have to pay 10gp to pass through the gate or else run around. Speak to the Gem Trader.
The Gem Trader tells you about a man whom he believes to be Avan can be found hanging around in a Yellow Cape by the Chasm to the North (also known as the Scorpion Mine). Head north to the Scorpion Mine and speak with the man in the yellow cape.
He verifies his identity and you waste no time to explain your quest in the retrieval of the Family Crest. He is quick to deny you access and assumes one of his brothers sent you on the Quest; however, when you explain that his Father sent you, he stumbles and agrees to give you the crest if you do something for him in Return.
He explains his love for a woman and his attempts to impress her with a gift. He asks for a ring with the finest precious red stone available and for a necklace to match it. He asks that these be made of not regular gold, but perfect gold. You ask if he knows where you can find this ore.
He speaks of a dwarf named "Boot", an expert on Gold; however, he seems to have moved back into the mountains. You thank him for the information and agree to look for the Gold.
Teleport to Falador and head north to the Dwarven mines. Speak to Boot, found west of the Anvils. He explains that the finest gold is found in a dungeon near Ardougne. He also warns you that it's not easy to get to it, as they are guarded by level 122 Hellhounds. Bring armor.
- Head to the Northern lever located outside the room and pull it up.
- Head to the Southern Lever, located inside the room and pull it up.
- Return the Northern lever and pull the lever outside the room down.
- Enter the Northern Room and push the lever in there up.
- Leave the room and pull the one outside the Northern Room up.
- Go back to the Southern Room and pull that lever down.
Lever locations are shown on the map below.
Proceed to the Hellhound Gold Room in the Middle of the Dungeon and to the East. Prepare for Combat. Turn off auto-retaliate and turn on prayers (if applicable). Open the door, mine your two ores, and get out.
Head back to Al Kharid. Use your ores on the furnace to smelt it and then use your bars and rubies to make the Perfect Golden Necklace and Ring. If you do not have the Moulds, you can run just east and buy them from the Crafting Store.Return to Avan with them and receive his part of the crest.
Johnathon Fitzharmon - The Demon
The final son lives upstairs in the Jolly Boar Inn northeast of Varrock. It's located on the edge of the Wilderness. Talk to him first, but he complains about the poison. Use an anti-poison potion on him.
Completing the Quest
- 1 Quest Point
- Family Guantlets - can be Enchanted by any of the brothers.
After completing the quest, you have the option of visiting one of the three brothers to have your Family Gauntlets enchanted to give them a special ability:
If enchanted by Avan, you Receive Goldsmith Gauntlets which increase the amount of experience gained while smelting gold.
If enchanted by Calab in Catherby, you Receive Cooking Gauntlets. These gauntlets help you stop burning Lobster, Swordfish, and Shark at an earlier level.
If enchanted by Jonathan, you receive Chaos Gauntlets which improve the four basic chaos rune Spells.
Changing Your Gauntlet Enchantment
If you wish to change the enchantment, travel to the appropriate son with the Gauntlets and 25k Gold Coins. He will redo the enchantment.
Fast Quest Walkthrough
- [^] Begin the Quest. Speak to Dimintheis.
- [^] Talk to the Son in Catherby.
- [^] Acquire his Cooking Ingredients and Receive his Crest Piece.
- [^] ] Talk to the Gem Trader in Al Kharid.
- [^] Talk to the son in the Scorpion Mines.
- [^] Talk to Boot.
- [^] Travel to the Dungeon in Witchaven.
- [^] Pull the Series of Levers.
- [^] Enter the Hellhound Gold Room and Mine 2 "Perfect" Gold Ores.
- [^] Smelt the Perfect Gold and Smith one Perfect Ring and one Perfect Necklace.
- [^] Turn in the necklace for the Second Piece.
- [^] Head to the Jolly Boar Inn.
- [^] Use an Anti-Potion on the Third Son (Upstairs).
- [^] Learn about the Demon
- [^] Head into the Edgeville Dungeon. Follow it to Chronozon.
- [^] Cast one of each of the Four Death Spells on him. Kill him.
- [^] Loot the Third piece. Put the pieces together.
- [^] Return to Dimintheis.
- [^] Congratulations, Quest Complete.