Sal's Character Page
Salmoneus is the name of my character in RuneScape. This page is essentially an "About Salmoneus" page, with details about my stats, goals, favourite outfits, and a bit of info about me.
The following are my stats as of 23 July 2011:
Check out my Adventurer's Log for my most up-to-date stats and recent achievements!
- 99 Mining
- 85 Smithing
- 68 Fishing
- 90 Combat
- I need to catch up on all of them!
- Abyssal Whip
I can usually be found wearing one of the following outfits in RuneScape.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Is your real name "Salmoneus"?
- How often do you play RuneScape?
- Whenever I have time. I haven't really been active in RuneScape since late 2005, but I plan to start becoming active again soon.
- What is your favourite thing to do in RuneScape?
- I really enjoy mining. Usually I'll just listen to some of my favourite music and mine for hours. It's back-breaking work, but it's fun and profitable! When I'm not mining, I love playing Castle Wars. The thrill of capturing the flag and running across the battlefield is exciting!
- What is your favourite item in RuneScape?
- That's easy -- a Santa Hat!
- How many Santa Hats do you own?
- When did you start playing RuneScape?
- I began playing in May 2001. A friend of mine did a school presentation on the game, and it really interested me. I went home to check it out, and I instantly became fascinated with it. RuneScape was my first MMORPG, and it is by far my favourite so far.
- How do you make money in RuneScape?
- My main method of making money in RuneScape is with the tried-and-true method of smithing Steel/Mithril Platebodies and High Alchemizing them. Because I mine all the ores and craft all the runes myself, it's all profit! There are probably far better ways, but since Mining is my favourite skill, I might as well put those ores to good use!
- How and why did you create this website?
- I created this website back in 2001 to help players "find their way" in RuneScape. Back then, there was little information about the game (no introduction quest/task/island, Quest Help didn't exist, and there were few "how to..." guides out there on the web), and I really wanted to change that by sharing what I had learned since I began playing. The site was originally hosted by various free hosts which offered a "page editor" feature. Eventually the site was moved to a paid host and I learned HTML and CSS so that I could have full control over how the site looked.
- What other programming languages to you know?
- What are your future plans for the site?
- Now that the website has been redesigned, more attention can go towards the various projects we have been planning. This includes Monster and NPC databases, a Treasure Trails database, multilingual content and a slew of other neat tools, services and features!