Family Crest Dungeon
To get to the dungeon, head east of the Ardougne port, where you'll find a ladder surrounded by stone pillars. There are a few ways to get here:
If you have unlocked the Ardougne Lodestone, you can simply teleport to that location and arrive north of the north bank. Just follow the blue path southeast. Alternatively, the Ardougne teleport at 51 Magic after completing the Plague City quest and will place you at the town square, just a little bit west of the dungeon entrance.
Taking a ship from Brimhaven for 30gp will bring you to the docks to the west of the entrance. After earning Karamja Gloves, that fee will be reduced to 15gp. You can also take a charter ship from any port in Runescape and arrive at Port Khazard, then walk north.
If you have completed Fairy Tale II up to a certain point you can use two fairy rings to get here:
- BLR will bring you south of the Legend's Guild. Continue south to the dungeon.
- DJP will bring you north of the Tower of Life. Continue north to the dungeon entrance.
Once there, climb down the ladder to enter the dungeon.
Just climb down the ladder to enter the dungeon:
Map of the Dungeon
When you enter the dungeon, you will be confronted by four Hobgoblins.
Once you follow the cavern a bit deeper, you will find some Ogres that should lose some weight.
If you head north of these Ogres, you will find a door with some Ogres inside, as well as 2 levers.
To the south are 2 more doors, 2 Ogres and another lever.
You must pull correct combination of the levers to enter the door in between the 2 doors. The combination for the levers is:
- Pull the lever to the north up and go into the room to the south through the left door.
- Pull the lever on the east wall up, and exit through the opposite door.
- Pull the lever to the north down and go into the north room.
- Pull the lever on the north wall up, leave the room and pull the lever next to the door up again.
- Head back to the south room, pull the lever down and now you can enter the room to the east.
Once you have solved the puzzle, you can enter the last room with the Perfect Gold Ore and Hellhounds. Many people range or mage the Hellhounds for experience, and it is common to see people setting up cannons in the center of the room for easy experience. They're also good melee training if you're a higher level. The Hellhounds always drop Bones and the only other things that they will drop are charms and level 3 Clue Scrolls.
You will use the second room during the Slug Menace quest. If you follow the hallway you will come across level 45 Giant Lobsters and a Level 62 Slug Prince. The agility shortcut near the beginning of the tunnels makes your journey easier. The third section is used during Kennith's Concerns. That section contains puzzles and NPCs exclusive to the quest.