This is my personal list of 2010's best albums.
1. Little Women - Throat
A clear winner for me; fresh and exciting and like nothing else.
It's a rare kind of musical journey. Unforgettable and unrelenting. I love it.
2. Xiu Xiu - Dear God, I Hate Myself
3. Arcade Fire - The Suburbs
4. Owen Pallett - Heartland
5. Titus Andronicus - The Monitor
6. Caribou - Swim
7. Bonobo - Black Sands
8. The National - High Violet
9. Zs - New Slaves
10. Four Tet - There Is Love In You
A good year for indie kids. Arcade Fire come back and kill it yet again.
Xiu Xiu's new stuff is heavenly. Titus Andronicus breathe new life into indie punk.
Zs prove their worth and Caribou, Bonobo and Four Tet make 2010 a laid back beat fest.
11. Wild Nothing - Gemini
12. Pulled Apart By Horses - Pulled Apart By Horses
13. Interpol - Interpol
14. Sufjan Stevens - The Age Of Adz
15. Flying Lotus - Cosmagramma
16. Autechre - Oversteps
17. Autolux - Transit Transit
18. Jaga Jazzist - One-Armed Bandit
19. Los Campesinos! - Romance Is Boring
20. Jónsi - Go
Wild Nothing warm the hearts of shy lo-fi types everywhere.
Pulled Apart By Horses rock out and they do it very, very, very well.
Sufjan gets his bleep on and Interpol offer a suprising and highly intelligent album.
Los Camps dominate complex pop tunes and Jónsi makes a dance pop Sigur Ros album.
21. Silver Mt. Zion - Kollaps Tradixionales
22. Deerhunter - Halcyon Digest
23. The Tallest Man On Earth - The Wild Hunt
24. MGMT - Congratulations
25. Surfer Blood - Astro Coast
26. Woven Hand - The Threshingfloor
27. Grinderman - Gringerman 2
28. Bonnie "Prince" Billy & The Cairo Gang - The Wonder Show Of The World
29. John Zorn - Dictée/Liber Novus
30. Deftones - Diamond Eyes
31. Broken Social Scene - Forgiveness Rock Record
32. Yeasayer - Odd Blood
33. 65daysofstatic - We Were Exploding Anyway
34. The Walkmen - Lisbon
35. Beach House - Teen Dream
36. Massive Attack - Heligoland
37. Vampire Weekend - Contra
38. Kanye West - My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy
Grinderman's second album is hardly different from their first, but the first was damn fine.
John Zorn proves he's not settling down at all. MGMT go in a new and very pleasing direction.
Tallest Man On Earth justifies the buzz around him and will probably be very famous in a few years.
Deftones are still doing an alright job. Vampire Weekend and Kanye impress me a bit.
Good year. Good albums. Good bye.