Jump to content
Sal's RuneScape Forum
  • entries
    237
  • comments
    574
  • views
    68,510

Dear People Quitting After EoC

Amber Pyre

3,680 views

Over 80% of respondents who played the latest Evolution of Combat Beta either preferred it or had a generally positive response to it.

Yeah, really looks like you've got a majority of people who agree with you. Only 20%. That's not a majority.

 

Quote taken from the most recent news article.



8 Comments


Recommended Comments

I think I missed the part where your quote was at all relevant to those who don't want to re-learn the fundamental basics of a game they've played for 'x'-amount of time.

 

I quit for that reason, not because I expected a mass exodus of people to support me.

 

I also don't see what's positive about only 20% of the people who actually responded saying it was outright better. That leaves 80% that don't definitely want the new system, and nothing but the new system.

Share this comment


Link to comment

I also don't see what's positive about only 20% of the people who actually responded saying it was outright better. That leaves 80% that don't definitely want the new system, and nothing but the new system.

If you add up all the numbers that were positive responses, you get 70-80%, based on how/if the numbers were rounded.

Share this comment


Link to comment

Jagex are seriously abusing statistics here. They have bribed people with an XP gift to take this survey, which means that the whole survey is biased. The admit that the number of responses that have is "tens of thousands", which if we believe their other claim that there are over 200 million accounts means that at most 1/2000th of accounts have taken the survey. the next problem is that they admit 22.12% of the responses are from people who have never fought anything using the EoC system, and are basing their entire response on just fighting level 2 dummies in the tutorial!

 

Then they abuse the results. Here's what they *claim* is "over 80%":

  1. I definitely prefer it to the old system = 20.31%
  2. I like it so far, but can't yet be sure = 19.14%
  3. I don't like it = 19.62%
  4. It's OK, but needs improvement = 14.31%
  5. I like both the new and the old systems = 25.97%
  6. I don't do combat, so have no opinion = 0.66%

What they claim is an 80% positive response includes people who are not sure AND people think it needs improvement!

 

If you follow their methodology of including anything that's partially aligned with one side, there are 35% against EoC, 20% for it, and 45% who either don't know or don't care.

 

The sad thing is that Jagex DO have useful info, if only they would cross-reference the results. Throwing out the 22% who admit haven't actually played EoC would instantly make these statistics a lot more believable for a start!

Share this comment


Link to comment

If you add up all the numbers that were positive responses, you get 70-80%, based on how/if the numbers were rounded.

What exactly is positive about the following?

It's OK, but needs improvement

I like it so far, but can't yet be sure

I like both the new and the old systems

Not hating something doesn't make it a success. And those three responses make up ~49.5% of the vote, ignoring the outright love/hate answers. "Generally positive" is using the term very liberally and manipulatively, as the poll itself was designed to be.

 

I mean, hey, 100% of people who answered had a "favourite aspect" in Question 5. That means 100% of people answered in favour of the EoC, but I don't see the choice of "every aspect of it is bollocks" included in there.

Share this comment


Link to comment

My question is why do you care? The people who say they are quitting "because EoC is going to ruin the game and many people agree with me and will leave to" probably won't end up leaving. Just ignore them. I left because the game got boring in every other aspect except for combat, and I don't want to relearn a game I've already put so much time into.

 

The exact same thing happened for me with WoW when Cataclysm launched.

 

As for Jethraw/teacuptime's responses, they are stating a dissatisfaction with Jagex's business decisions, and whether acknowledging that or not, I'm sure it is a big part of why they are going to quit. EoC is just the crap Jagex has been pulling for a while coming into one giant, annoying point.

Share this comment


Link to comment

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines and Privacy Policy.