Jump to content
Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
  • entries
    62
  • comments
    640
  • views
    6,293

As Parents...

Aabid

271 views

How much free time will you allow your children?

I feel that since my parent say that school nights are for work only, I kind of sneak on games which messes up my sleep as well.

Plus they tell me to come home as soon as school is dismissed. Is this justified? I tried telling them that by coming home early, it won't do me any good as I have nothing else to do after I finish my work either.Like school ends at 3:05 and I can be home by 3:18. I kind of want to chill with my friends but they pressure me to get home early to do practically nothing. They are telling me to be a loner once I leave school saying I don't need friends. And when I tell them they have friends... "It's different"



29 Comments


Recommended Comments



none if I was your parent

 

disrespectful swine

Meh I don't talk back or anything. I let them tell me what to do and I do it. I just feel I want to relax. And I find it sad that I can't socialize. :'(

Share this comment


Link to comment

Zooey, on , said:

 

none if I was your parent

 

disrespectful swine

Meh I don't talk back or anything. I let them tell me what to do and I do it. I just feel I want to relax. And I find it sad that I can't socialize. :'(

 

You obviously don't do what they tell you if you're sneaking on games.

Share this comment


Link to comment

Aabid, on , said:

 

Zooey, on , said:

 

none if I was your parent

 

disrespectful swine

Meh I don't talk back or anything. I let them tell me what to do and I do it. I just feel I want to relax. And I find it sad that I can't socialize. :'(

 

You obviously don't do what they tell you if you're sneaking on games.

 

I need to relax in some form too.

You guys have it all nice so you have nothing to worry about...

Share this comment


Link to comment

Meh I do too

but I do erry thing around the house now

and i dont say anything to them and listen to them soooooo

Share this comment


Link to comment

l2meditate

or something else that rhymes with meditate :P))))

somthing that starts with an f and ends with a p and the middle letter is the first letter of my name?

Share this comment


Link to comment

l2meditate

or something else that rhymes with meditate :P))))

Those two words don't actually rhyme.

 

Aabid, on , said:

 

O hai im KAMIL, on , said:

 

Aabid, on , said:

 

Zooey, on , said:

 

none if I was your parent

 

disrespectful swine

Meh I don't talk back or anything. I let them tell me what to do and I do it. I just feel I want to relax. And I find it sad that I can't socialize. :'(

 

You obviously don't do what they tell you if you're sneaking on games.

 

I need to relax in some form too.

Wow déjà vu! I can't escape the feeling this has been discussed before!

YOU DO NOT NEED COMPUTER GAMES TO RELAX FFS

 

Go read a book or something.

Share this comment


Link to comment

Bill is LONELY in his tree, on , said:

 

l2meditate

or something else that rhymes with meditate :P))))

Those two words don't actually rhyme.

 

lilshu, on , said:

 

Aabid, on , said:

 

O hai im KAMIL, on , said:

 

Aabid, on , said:

 

Zooey, on , said:

 

none if I was your parent

 

disrespectful swine

Meh I don't talk back or anything. I let them tell me what to do and I do it. I just feel I want to relax. And I find it sad that I can't socialize. :'(

 

You obviously don't do what they tell you if you're sneaking on games.

 

I need to relax in some form too.

Wow déjà vu! I can't escape the feeling this has been discussed before!

YOU DO NOT NEED COMPUTER GAMES TO RELAX FFS

 

Go read a book or something.

 

Ack

So you tell me that while all my friends play I have to be stuck not playing.

They allow playing on the weekend.

its just that they treat the weekdays like days where no fun is allowed. >.<

I do read btw... what is wrong with talking with friends?

I has a feeling you guys aren't on my side.

Share this comment


Link to comment

reepicheep, on , said:

 

Bill is LONELY in his tree, on , said:

 

l2meditate

or something else that rhymes with meditate :P))))

Those two words don't actually rhyme.

 

lilshu, on , said:

 

Aabid, on , said:

 

O hai im KAMIL, on , said:

 

Aabid, on , said:

 

Zooey, on , said:

 

none if I was your parent

 

disrespectful swine

Meh I don't talk back or anything. I let them tell me what to do and I do it. I just feel I want to relax. And I find it sad that I can't socialize. :'(

 

You obviously don't do what they tell you if you're sneaking on games.

 

I need to relax in some form too.

Wow déjà vu! I can't escape the feeling this has been discussed before!

YOU DO NOT NEED COMPUTER GAMES TO RELAX FFS

 

Go read a book or something.

 

Ack

So you tell me that while all my friends play I have to be stuck not playing.

They allow playing on the weekend.

its just that they treat the weekdays like days where no fun is allowed. >.<

I do read btw... what is wrong with talking with friends?

I has a feeling you guys aren't on my side.

 

Because you're making all this shizzle up, you sound like a typical rich-kid snob. Your parents say you aren't allowed on the computer to play games (and Sal's counts as a game) and that the computer is in an open space, and yet you're on here complaining 24/7? That doesn't add up, son. Go take your non-existent problems elsewhere.

Share this comment


Link to comment

reepicheep, on , said:

 

Bill is LONELY in his tree, on , said:

 

l2meditate

or something else that rhymes with meditate :P))))

Those two words don't actually rhyme.

 

lilshu, on , said:

 

Aabid, on , said:

 

O hai im KAMIL, on , said:

 

Aabid, on , said:

 

Zooey, on , said:

 

none if I was your parent

 

disrespectful swine

Meh I don't talk back or anything. I let them tell me what to do and I do it. I just feel I want to relax. And I find it sad that I can't socialize. :'(

 

You obviously don't do what they tell you if you're sneaking on games.

 

I need to relax in some form too.

Wow déjà vu! I can't escape the feeling this has been discussed before!

YOU DO NOT NEED COMPUTER GAMES TO RELAX FFS

 

Go read a book or something.

 

Ack

So you tell me that while all my friends play I have to be stuck not playing.

They allow playing on the weekend.

its just that they treat the weekdays like days where no fun is allowed. >.<

I do read btw... what is wrong with talking with friends?

I has a feeling you guys aren't on my side.

The friend thing is something you might want to talk about, sure. But I do not in any way see an issue with not being allowed to play games on school nights. They can't stop you from having fun when you can do other stuff. Are they going to stop you from, say, playing with your siblings?

 

And yes. Just because your friends play doesn't mean you should play. It's not great, but such is life.

Share this comment


Link to comment

My parents didn't let me on the computer during weekdays for the longest time, up until this year actually. I know you feel like they're just being annoying, but they're trying to do what they think is best for you. And honestly, I did much better in school when I wasn't constantly sneaking on the computer instead of doing my homework. You don't need the computer to relax, there are a million other things you could be doing. Try to find another hobby or read a good book.

Share this comment


Link to comment

I wish Sal's wasn't so slow that I didn't have anything better to do than to respond to Aabid's trolling

^

 

 

Oops, sorry for the double post, my mouse likes to misclick. >.<

Share this comment


Link to comment

Aabid, I don't want to sound harsh or judgmental in anyway, but in 3-4 years when you're done high school and moving onto uni you're going to thank your parents for helping keep you on track. The same thing happened to me, and personally I wish that my younger self had started really understanding what they were doing before I was 17.

Share this comment


Link to comment

Guy you come to us asking as for help with the same damn problems once every week. If you want to chill with your friends either disobey your parents or somehow convince them. The latter doesn't seem like it's going to work so quit trying to look for some miracle solution to this. How old are you? I doubt there's much your parents can punish you with other than verbal threats. Just... do you.

Share this comment


Link to comment

A) disobey them and go outside

B) listen to them and stay home and read a book or something.

 

Blue pill or red pill?

Share this comment


Link to comment

Wert, on , said:

 

Pro Tip: Get a job

Pro Tip: They said no cause its time to study

LOL

 

Pro Tip: Find a job within walking distance, apply there, get hired, work anyway

Share this comment


Link to comment

Aabid, on , said:

 

Wert, on , said:

 

Pro Tip: Get a job

Pro Tip: They said no cause its time to study

LOL

 

Pro Tip: Find a job within walking distance, apply there, get hired, work anyway

 

I can't leave the fudgeing house.

Thats the biggest problem. W/e I do has to be inside and w/o the pc

Share this comment


Link to comment

Wert, on , said:

 

Aabid, on , said:

 

Wert, on , said:

 

Pro Tip: Get a job

Pro Tip: They said no cause its time to study

LOL

 

Pro Tip: Find a job within walking distance, apply there, get hired, work anyway

 

I can't leave the fudgeing house.

Thats the biggest problem. W/e I do has to be inside and w/o the pc

If kids managed to go without a PC 50 years ago, you can manage without one.

Share this comment


Link to comment

disrespectful swine

Meh I don't talk back or anything. I let them tell me what to do and I do it. I just feel I want to relax. And I find it sad that I can't socialize. :'(

 

You obviously don't do what they tell you if you're sneaking on games.

 

I need to relax in some form too.

Wow déjà vu! I can't escape the feeling this has been discussed before!

YOU DO NOT NEED COMPUTER GAMES TO RELAX FFS

 

Go read a book or something.

 

Ack

So you tell me that while all my friends play I have to be stuck not playing.

They allow playing on the weekend.

its just that they treat the weekdays like days where no fun is allowed. >.<

I do read btw... what is wrong with talking with friends?

I has a feeling you guys aren't on my side.

 

Because you're making all this shizzle up, you sound like a typical rich-kid snob. Your parents say you aren't allowed on the computer to play games (and Sal's counts as a game) and that the computer is in an open space, and yet you're on here complaining 24/7? That doesn't add up, son. Go take your non-existent problems elsewhere.

I am not rich to tell you the truth.

BTW what did my parents say about books.

WASTE OF TIME

Read one once a while...

 

sooo any suggestions I can do other than work?

 

btw I don't have a tv or anything either...

Share this comment


Link to comment

You've mentioned having siblings before - what are they doing when you'd like to be on the PC?

Share this comment


Link to comment

You've mentioned having siblings before - what are they doing when you'd like to be on the PC?

little ones like draw and stuff (play with toy cars/dolls etc.)

2 slight older ones... sister just reads the whole day...

brother does his hw/just sits there reading even though my parents tell em not to read lol >.<

Share this comment


Link to comment

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines and Privacy Policy.