quack

Osman

Name: Osman
Picture: egafrl.gif
City/Major Location: Al Kharid
Specific Location: Just outside the palace, to the north
Quest?: Prince Ali Rescue, Contact!, Do No Evil
Members-Only?: No
Specific Info: Talk to him to begin the mini-game, Sorceress's Garden. Bring Osman Sq'irks for some Thieving experience. He plays a key role in Prince Ali Rescue and appears briefly in Do No Evil.
Examine Info: He looks a little shifty.
Contributors: quack, heb0, Damaged500, Hawk, Warrior Zynk, Roy, Ambo100
Edited by heb0

i know but didnt neo say to post them and then something will happen about them being grouped.

Yeah, Neo said that when you make a thread, when the NPC gets added to the website he'll delete the thread.

And maybe when there's like 200 NPCs or something the database will come out on the website?

At the moment it is just the research/information collection stage. This means that all that can be done is people post information about all the NPCs that they find.

Sometime, hopefully soon, Sal will have created a Database similar to the Item Database so that all the things that have been posted in this forum can be added to the site in a brand new database. When this does happen, I'd expect that there will be a corrections forum created at the same time so that things that have been added can be updated easily. It is this stage that is the reason that giving each NPC its own thread is best since the whole thread contains information about that single NPC, and you don't have to go through looking for information. In a similar way to how the Item Database section is run, once all the information within a thread has been added to the Database, the thread will be closed.

The database will be able to become public on the site once Sal has coded it and there are plenty of things within it, so the more work that is done now, the more pressure there will be on Sal to get everything ready so that information can be transfered onto the site itself. >.<

So, untill we can get it past the 'Research & Information' stages, then its on the website?

Well, I'm gonna be working my hardest.

Maybe we can make a kind of wiki for the database so people can edit but the edits have to be approved by Sal?

I'm not sure quite how it's going to work when there are multiple databases up, but Sal did say something at some point about a strange system that sounded confusing at the time. :) Only Sal knows about the inner-workings of his own brain. >.<

So, untill we can get it past the 'Research & Information' stages, then its on the website?

Research and collect as much information as you can, then as soon as there is a reasonable amount of data in a coded database, it can go public. Even after that stage, it won't be finished since RuneScape is something that is constantly changing with more being added all the time.

@The post below: However long it takes Sal to code an empty database, add all research collected up to that point and have another look at how things are progressing. I could guess just as well as you. >.<

Edited by Neo Avatars

Maybe we can make a kind of wiki for the database so people can edit but the edits have to be approved by Sal?

I'm not sure quite how it's going to work when there are multiple databases up, but Sal did say something at some point about a strange system that sounded confusing at the time. >.< Only Sal knows about the inner-workings of his own brain. >.<

Research and collect as much information as you can, then as soon as there is a reasonable amount of data in a coded database, it can go public. Even after that stage, it won't be finished since RuneScape is something that is constantly changing with more being added all the time.

How much NPCs do you think we need before it gets added to the site?

sorry ill change in a sec but i think had done most before neo posted that

Added updated image, which needs to be made into a transparency. Linking is needed as well.

Edited City/Major Location linking, added Contact onto quest list, and changed Specific Details field.

Small correction, but you have an extra tan pixel on his right leg.

osman.gif

[img=http://hawkilicious.com/rs/pics/osman.gif]

Newer Image: Needs Transparency...

image2nb.png

Newer Image: Needs Transparency...

image2nb.png

egafrl.gif

[IMG=http://i33.tinypic.com/egafrl.gif]