Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Cxkslei

Contact - Complete

Quest: Contact

Requirements: Gertrude's Cat, Prince Ali Rescue, Itchlarin's Little Helper.

Items: A Lantern (lit), Food, Tinderbox, Good Armor

Recommended: Shantay Passes, GP for Carpet Rides, a high hp level. Also recommended are prayer potions, and food similar to sharks or monkfish, Anti-poison potions.

Special thanks: Aragorn, Sparhawke, Gain Again, Yuanrang, Anubis, Deimos, 313smaus313, Evolution, Xela King, Thomas154321, Terminator, Ambo100, Martial Fox, Kuemper, Blondeguy32, Zene, Uzumaki Naruto, Mrcsupertrain, Simple013, Joovs, Scaper98

Forewarning: At almost any level you can easily die during this quest!

Start by speaking to the High Priest in Sophanem. Upon beginning the quest you will hear his story of how he attempted to cross the bridge and was stopped by Coenus who had his archers attack him and others. Ask him if there are any passages under the city. Continue to talk to him and you will find out about Scarabas, Apmeken, and how lesser deities were born everytime Tumeken had a dream. Now head to to the Temple of the Lesser Deities in the Northeastern part of the town. Speak to Jex who will tell you that a few months ago Scarab creatures came out from underneath the Temple. Jex will tell you to go down the ladder to the deserted bank and then the next ladder, so do so.

Armor recommended for the dungeon at current is either Dragon Hide or Proselyte while praying. If Dragon hide use the prayer protect from melee, with Proselyte use the prayer protect from magic.

You will be in a dungeon similar to the Rogue's Den. Be wary of Scarab Mages and Locust Riders that go all the way up to level 106. The Locust Riders can deal up to 25 damage on you, and the Scarab Mages can deal up to 30 damage on you as well as extinguish your lantern. Traps in this dungeon include floor spikes, moving walls, wall spikes that can hit you for up to 16 damage. As well as that there are Scarabs which can poison you.

contactdungeon.gif

When navigating the maze you will be confronted with five different traps. Three of those will deal damage: The Floor Trap (disabeling the trap succesfully depends on your agility level) , the Moving tall trap (keep to the opposite wall and at the end move diagonally) and the Odd Markings trap (disableling succesfully depends on your thieving level). Getting past them is not that hard. The two other traps are not hard at all: Just keep to the opposite side as you walk past them. Be carefull, fail these and you will end up in the dungeon below, and that is the place best to avoid.

Navigating the maze can be done easily when you prepare: Turn off auto-retaliate and when you see one of the 'monsters' use the correct prayer to prevent damage. For the mage obviously Protect from Mage and for the Locust Rider use Protect from Missiles. When you do not turn off auto-retaliate you run the risk of attacking one of them and fall into one of the traps. Even when attacked, concentrate on the trap at hand, once safely past the attack will stop.

Moving Wall Trap: movingwall.png

Floor Trap: floortrap.png

Odd Marking Trap: oddmarkingtrap.png

Scarab Trap: scarabwalltrap.png

Sandpit Trap: sandpittrap.png

When you enter the dungeon head south, and then west, after that turn north and follow to the top, continue and move west until you see a floor trap. Now head south, and then pass through the floor trap, continue this path avoiding the moving walls by walking on diagonals, then head south towards the bottom of the path. Afterwards move west and then north until the first east path you can take. Take this path, and when you reach a dead end where you can move south, go south, than at the bottom of this head east and than south two more paths before moving west. Follow this path until it branches into two more paths again and than take the south path. At the bottom of this, switch to moving west and go down the ladder.

You should be at an area that looks similar to the Abyss flooded with no monsters. You will see the body of Kaleef, search it to get a blood covered scroll.scrollyi6jc8.gif

47x1j0k.gif

To the western side across a gap you will see Maisa, speak with her and she will say you're not Kaleef. Kaleef will ask you if you are a friend of Al Kharid and you will say you helped rescue Prince Ali, however Maisa wants you to tell her where Ali was being kept. Select Draynor Village and he will ask who helped you locate Prince Ali, select Leela, and he will ask you to bring Osman to him. Teleport back to Lumbridge or use a Glory and speak to Osman in Al Kharid outside the Palace Gates.

Tell Osman that his appearance might be a wedge between the two cities. He will meet you outside Sophanem gates so speak with him, Tell him of a secret passage you know of to the northeast, and you will see a cutscene, afterwards it's time to go on an Osman hunting to find him. Head back to where you found Kaleef's body and you will see a cutscene.

Now you need to fight a level 191 Giant Scarab that hits up to 20's attacking with range, and melee often, as well as that it can summon Scarab enemies you have already seen, and poison you. Pray if you find it necessarry (which is basically mandatory to be able to survive).

bigscarabwm7.gif

Once you have killed it, Osman will reappear, tell you to pick up Kaleef's dagger and then teleport. Pick up the Keriskerisnc5iq4.gifHead back to Sophanem and speak with the High Priest. Once you have spoken with the High Preist with one empty slot in your inventory you will get a Quest complete.

contactwh5jt0.gif

You will also receive a lamp that will give you two wishes of 7,000xp in combat skills other than prayer. 4ha3w2b.gif

The Keris is extra strong against creatures like Kalphite.

kerisjx2.png

Example demonstration:

45withnewdaggeryi5.png

Things not to complain about and other:

If your going to complain about the pics get me copies in png because this computer only lets me save in jpg or gif.

WE NOW AFTER MUCH EFFORT, AND PROBABLY MANY DEATHS, HAVE A MAP!

Edited by Cxkslei

Good luck on writing it! It'll be a hard quest according to Jagex...

If there are some nice reward I might do it too. :)

I do not have the requirements, I will do my customary proofread when complete :)

*All Typos signaled by a star, though there weren't many to point out :)

Quest: Contact

Requirements: Gertrude's Cat, *Prine Ali Rescue, *Itchalrin's Little Helper.

Items: A Lantern(lit), Food, Tinderbox, Good Armor

Recommended: Shantay Passes, GP for Carpet Rides, a high hp level, at almost level you can easily die during this quest. Also recommended *is prayer potions, and food similar to sharks or monkfish.

Special thanks: Aragorn

*Prince

*Icthlarin's

*are prayer potions

Start by speaking to the High Priest in Sophanem. Upon *begginning the quest you will hear his story of how he attempted to cross the bridge and was stopped by Coenus who had his archers attack him and other npcs. Ask him if there are any passages under the city. Continue to talk to him and you will find out about Scabaras, Apmeken, and how lesser deities were born everytime Tumeken had a dream. Now head to to the Temple of the Lesser Deities in the Northeastern part of the town. Speak to Jex who will tell you that a few months ago Scarab creatures came out from underneath the Temple. Jex will tell you to go down the ladder to the deserted bank and then the next ladder, so do so.

*beginning

Armor recommended for the dungeon at current is either Dragon Hide or Proselyte while praying. If Dragon hide pray melee, with Proselyte pray magic protection.

You will be in a dungeon similar to the Rogue's Den. Be wary of Scarab Mages and Locust Riders that go all the way up to level 106. Traps in this dungeon include floor spikes, moving walls, wall spikes that can hit you for up to 16 damage. As well as that there are Scarabs. When you enter the dungeon take the first ladder you see and continue this going towards the bottom of the dungeon (south end), then take the underground eastern ladder and take the western path, and go down that ladder. You should be at an area that looks similar to the Abyss flooded with no monsters. You will see the body of Kaleef, search it to get a blood covered scroll.

To the western side across a gap you will see Maisa, speak with him and he will say *your not Kaleef. Kaleef will ask you if you are a friend of Al Kharid and you will say you helped rescue Prince Ali, however Maisa wants you to tell him where Ali was being kept. Select Draynor Village and he will asked who helped you locate Prince Ali, select Leela, and he will ask you to bring Osman to him. Teleport back to Lumbridge or use a Glory and speak to Osman in Al Kharid outside the Palace Gates.

*You are or you're

Tell Osman that his appearance might be a wedge between the two cities. He will meet you outside Sophanem gates so speak with him, Tell him if a secret passage you know of to the northeast, and you will see a cutscene, afterwards it's time to go on an Osman hunting to find him. Head back to where you found Kaleef's body and you will see a cutscene.

Now you need to fight a level 191 Giant Scarab that hits up to 20's attacking with mage, and melee often, as well as that it can summon Scarab enemies you have already seen.

Once you have killed it, Osman will reappear, tell you to pick up Kaleefs dagger and than teleport. Pick up the *Kerris. Head back to Sophanem and speak with the High *Priest. Once you have spoken with the High Preist with one empty slot in your inventory you will get a Quest complete.

*priest (Gain Again Spotted this, dont know how I missed it :) )

*keris

Edited by Sparhawke

Hai - i just completed the quest and heres the reward page :)

good guide btw :)

rewardqu4.jpg

Edited by 32201

hmm, what is keris? ok, the picture is wrong, you put for the waves not quest complete

Edited by Aragon

32201 I used my own picture, we're in the first 1,000 to complete the quest.

I could use some transparencies and proof readers while I finish up.

I made the pictures of the items transparent. Nice guide and good luck getting it submitted! :)

kerisnc5iq4.gif

[IMG=http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/7517/kerisnc5iq4.gif]

scrollyi6jc8.gif

[IMG=http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/4483/scrollyi6jc8.gif]

The Combat Lamp

combatlampea7.png

This is the PNG images of the quest which I took if you need to use, Cxk. :)

kerisjx2.png

contactwh5.png

Tell him if a secret passage you know of to the northeast

I don't actually undertsand this sentance. :) Tell him OF a secret ...? Or maybe about. But with the first if it doesn't seem right, to me at least.

EDIT:

Armor recommended for the dungeon at current is either Dragon Hide or Proselyte while praying. If Dragon hide pray melee, with Proselyte pray magic protection.

Armour? With a 'U'? Don't know, maybe it's also correct without 'U' but that's hjow I know it.

EDIT 2:

Pick up the Kerris

One 'R' or two?

EDIT 3:

at almost level you can easily die during this quest

At almost every level?

Edited by Lizzard

actually lizzard, both are correct, i would've mentioned it but some people spell it differently, didnt want to get in a typo war :)

actually lizzard, both are correct, i would've mentioned it but some people spell it differently, didnt want to get in a typo war :)

You mean about the armour/armor? Like color can be spelled colour? ...

It's Armour, in British English, which is used in RuneScape

Head back to Sophanem and speak with the High Preist.
It's a High Priest.

Upon begginning the quest you will hear his story of how he attempted to cross the bridge

Upon beginning.

you will see Maisa, speak with him and he will say your not Kaleef.

He will say you're not Kaleef or he will say you aren't Kaleef.

You can also use a dueling ring to teleport to Al-Kharid.

Unfortunaly, I lost my photoshop, so I can't do transparencies. :)

~Gain

Edited by Gain Again

at almost level you can easily die during this quest

You mean at almost any level?

Yep, that's right Anubis, I'll fix that now. And yes, I know of four level 126s who have died down there. I can't really give tips against the Scarab because it depends on your armor, the food you have left, what you have equipped and everything else in your inventory as well as your levels.

Edited by Cxkslei

Maybe this will be interesting 2 add 45withnewdaggeryi5.png

I saw some1 hitting 50 with it also :) its very effective, i will try it on KQ soon and post results

@Drikam: I will leave that to someone who knows how to map because I nearly ended up getting killed down there.

@313smaus313: Thanks, I will add that picture as an example.

@Evolution: Thank you, now work on the lamp :)

Woops sorry, it was hard to explain the dungeon so unless someone can offer a better explanation, I can't. Go near the bottom then take one of the paths down to an area that looks like a flooded abyss. So unless someone maps it I am stuck at the explanation I gave :).

you will see Maisa, speak with her and he

Riiiiiiight, so she changes to he halfway through a conversation :lolsmack:

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines and Privacy Policy.