Cxkslei

Contact - Complete

evolution, cut out the scroll :lolsmack:

and your transperant reward was choppy so here's better version, and lamp to

combatlampea7copyut7.gif

[img=http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/3913/combatlampea7copyut7.gif]

contactwh5jt0.gif

[img=http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/5621/contactwh5jt0.gif]

I noticed the bg of the scroll transparency is too big so i resized it and there is also the lamp

4ha3w2b.gif

[IMG=http://i1.tinypic.com/4ha3w2b.gif]

47x1j0k.gif

[IMG=http://i1.tinypic.com/47x1j0k.gif]

EDITGah droll did it oh well least the scroll is shorter

Edited by Evolution

I found the best way to kill the scarab was to protect from melee and wear dhide top (for magic) and rune legs (for ranged). It isn't hard, I used 4 lobsters. Oh and mention that you need anti-poisons because the scarab poisons you in battle and also there are scarabs if you stand on the circle floor traps. You also need a map of the dungeon, and better descriptions of where to go because at the moment they aren't very good.

Edited by Thomas154321

I'll mention the anti-poisons but everyone has their own preferences so I will not say how to kill it as that depends upon the user. I could make the instructions better if someone else went there and rewrote them, or someone mapped it. For the 99,999th time I DON"T KNOW HOW TO MAP NOR DO I WISH TO LEARN. Right now I do not plan to leave Shilo Village again.

Edited by Cxkslei

Maybe some more pictures would make the guide look better? Like the start point of the quest, the temple that Jex is standing by and the bank. Also for the people who said we need a map of the dungeon. It would be very hard to map one because you would get killed all the time.

nice it helped alot but the directions in the temple were confusing and you have to mention the ladder to go to the lady is the ladder above most south west ladder

Edited by Vincent

Ok we seriously need some extremely fixing with the directions, anyone got any ideas?

Bolded paragraphs have corrections at the bottom.

Quest: Contact

Requirements: Gertrude's Cat, Prince Ali Rescue, Itchlarin's Little Helper.

Items: A Lantern(lit), Food, Tinderbox, Good Armor

Recommended: Shantay Passes, GP for Carpet Rides, a high hp level, at almost any level you can easily die during this quest. Also recommended are prayer potions, and food similar to sharks or monkfish, Anti-poison potions.

Special thanks: Aragorn, Sparhawke, Gain Again, Yuanrang, Anubis, Deimos, 313smaus313, Evolution, Xela King, Thomas154321, Terminator

Start by speaking to the High Priest in Sophanem. Upon beginning the quest you will hear his story of how he attempted to cross the bridge and was stopped by Coenus who had his archers attack him and others. Ask him if there are any passages under the city. Continue to talk to him and you will find out about Scabaras, Apmeken, and how lesser deities were born everytime Tumeken had a dream. Now head to to the Temple of the Lesser Deities in the Northeastern part of the town. Speak to Jex who will tell you that a few months ago Scarab creatures came out from underneath the Temple. Jex will tell you to go down the ladder to the deserted bank and then the next ladder, so do so.

Armor recommended for the dungeon at current is either Dragon Hide or Proselyte while praying. If Dragon hide pray melee protection, with Proselyte pray magic protection.

You will be in a dungeon similar to the Rogue's Den. Be wary of Scarab Mages and Locust Riders that go all the way up to level 106. The Locust Riders can deal up to 25 damage on you, and the Scarab Mages can deal up to 30 damage on you as well as extinguish your lantern. Traps in this dungeon include floor spikes, moving walls, wall spikes that can hit you for up to 16 damage. As well as that there are Scarabs which can poison you. When you enter the dungeon take the first ladder you see and continue this going towards the bottom of the dungeon (south end), then take the underground eastern ladder and take the western path, and go down that ladder. You should be at an area that looks similar to the Abyss flooded with no monsters. You will see the body of Kaleef, search it to get a blood covered scroll.scrollyi6jc8.gif

47x1j0k.gif

To the western side across a gap you will see Maisa, speak with her and she will say you're not Kaleef. Kaleef will ask you if you are a friend of Al Kharid and you will say you helped rescue Prince Ali, however Maisa wants you to tell her where Ali was being kept. Select Draynor Village and he will asked who helped you locate Prince Ali, select Leela, and he will ask you to bring Osman to him. Teleport back to Lumbridge or use a Glory and speak to Osman in Al Kharid outside the Palace Gates.

Tell Osman that his appearance might be a wedge between the two cities. He will meet you outside Sophanem gates so speak with him, Tell him of a secret passage you know of to the northeast, and you will see a cutscene, afterwards it's time to go on an Osman hunting to find him. Head back to where you found Kaleef's body and you will see a cutscene.

Now you need to fight a level 191 Giant Scarab that hits up to 20's attacking with mage, and melee often, as well as that it can summon Scarab enemies you have already seen, and poison you.

bigscarabwm7.gif

Once you have killed it, Osman will reappear, tell you to pick up Kaleefs dagger and than teleport. Pick up the Keriskerisnc5iq4.gifHead back to Sophanem and speak with the High Priest. Once you have spoken with the High Preist with one empty slot in your inventory you will get a Quest complete.

contactwh5jt0.gif

You will also recieve a lamp that will give you two wishes of 7,000xp in combat skills other than prayer. 4ha3w2b.gif

The Keris is extra strong against creatures like Kalphite.

kerisjx2.png

Example demonstration:

45withnewdaggeryi5.png

If your going to complain about the pics get me copies in png because this computer only lets me save in jpg or gif.

To the western side across a gap you will see Maisa, speak with her and she will say you're not Kaleef. Kaleef will ask you if you are a friend of Al Kharid and you will say you helped rescue Prince Ali, however Maisa wants you to tell her where Ali was being kept. Select Draynor Village and he will asked who helped you locate Prince Ali, select Leela, and he will ask you to bring Osman to him. Teleport back to Lumbridge or use a Glory and speak to Osman in Al Kharid outside the Palace Gates.

Not really between high hitpoints, a lot of good food, a good prayer level, a good agility level, it isn't really that hard.

I know you are so against putting advice out there about how to kill the demon, however several other guides tell how and it would be quite helpful if u could include a brief summary on how U or how someone else killed the scarab.... just a suggestion...

From memory this is the basic route, hope it makes sense:

You go down the ladder, round the corner and avoid the traps on the floor, go round the other side of the central pillar. Continue west past the Scarab Mage, then south. Head towards the Locust not far to the south, and when you reach it follow the path west, avoiding the golden scarab on the northern wall. Follow the path round to the south and then pass a Scarab Mage, watching out for more wall scarabs. There is a ladder a little further on. Put on protect from mage and go down the ladder, then run south to the opposite side of the cave and climb up the other ladder. Now turn prayer off, and continue along the path past a floor trap. The path turns east. You should go south at the next turning, watching out for another wall scarab. Now head south and east and pass the wall trap, higher theiving levels work better on these. Follow the path round and head south. You are heading for the south-west corner, but the ladder you want is not the most southwesterly one, but the one north of that. Go south as far as possible, and take the path west, one north from the bottom. There are no more traps now except another wall scarab. At the end of this path is a ladder down to the cave.

I missed some traps I think. Cxkslei you need to go through again and make sure my instructions are correct.

Thats kind of the problem I used my last 2 law runes getting back to Shilo Village by teleing to Ardougne so can't go back maybe someone else can but I remember a total of 2 floor traps, 2 wall traps, and 2-3 moving walls total at least for the route I took :lolsmack:. Could someone who else is doing the quest clarify Thomas' instruction and confirm if they are correct? Ok I took a different route than you, I took the first ladder :aware:.

Edited by Cxkslei

Thats kind of the problem I used my last 2 law runes getting back to Shilo Village by teleing to Ardougne so can't go back maybe someone else can but I remember a total of 2 floor traps, 2 wall traps, and 2-3 moving walls total at least for the route I took :lolsmack:. Could someone who else is doing the quest clarify Thomas' instruction and confirm if they are correct?
Or would you like me to come bring you some laws for free?

~ Mrcsupertrain

I really would rather someone else confirm it so I don't waste time instead of fishing. Although I think there may be 3 routes through according to Official Forums, or perhaps something else can be done.

Items: A Lantern(lit), Food, Tinderbox, Good Armor
There must be a space beetween lantern and the lit thing

Select Draynor Village and he will asked who helped you locate Prince Ali,

If you read it put you will notice that asked doesnt make sense it should be ask

You will also recieve a lamp that will give you two wishes of 7,000xp

Spelled receive since the i is before e exept after c

Once you have killed it, Osman will reappear, tell you to pick up Kaleefs dagger and than teleport. Pick up the Keriskerisnc5iq4.gifHead back to Sophanem and speak with the High Priest. Once you have spoken with the High Preist with one empty slot in your inventory you will get a Quest complete.

Kaleefs,should be Kaleef's.

Good guide btw. :lolsmack:

Some simple punctuation and grammatical mistakes I found. They are bolded.

Quest: Contact

Requirements: Gertrude's Cat, Prince Ali Rescue, Itchlarin's Little Helper.

Items: A Lantern (lit), Food, Tinderbox, Good Armor

Recommended: Shantay Passes, GP for Carpet Rides, a high hp level, at almost any level you can easily die during this quest. Also recommended are prayer potions, food similar to sharks or monkfish and anti-poison potions.

Special thanks: Aragorn, Sparhawke, Gain Again, Yuanrang, Anubis, Deimos, 313smaus313, Evolution, Xela King, Thomas154321, Terminator, Ambo100, Martial Fox

Start by speaking to the High Priest in Sophanem. Upon beginning the quest, you will hear his story of how he attempted to cross the bridge and was stopped by Coenus, who had his archers attack him and others. Ask him if there are any passages under the city. Continue to talk to him and you will find out about Scabaras, Apmeken, and how lesser deities were born everytime Tumeken had a dream. Now head to to the Temple of the Lesser Deities in the Northeastern part of the town. Speak to Jex who will tell you that a few months ago Scarab creatures came out from underneath the Temple. Jex will tell you to go down the ladder to the deserted bank and then the next ladder, so do so.

Armor recommended for the dungeon at current is either Dragon Hide or Proselyte while praying. If Dragon hide use the prayer melee protection, with Proselyte use the prayer magic protection.

You will be in a dungeon similar to the Rogue's Den. Be wary of Scarab Mages and Locust Riders that go all the way up to level 106. The Locust Riders can deal up to 25 damage on you, and the Scarab Mages can deal up to 30 damage on you as well as extinguish your lantern. Traps in this dungeon include floor spikes, moving walls, wall spikes that can hit you for up to 16 damage. As well as that there are Scarabs which can poison you. When you enter the dungeon, take the first ladder you see and continue this going towards the bottom of the dungeon (south end), then take the underground eastern ladder and take the western path and go down that ladder. You should be at an area that looks similar to the Abyss flooded with no monsters. You will see the body of Kaleef, search it to get a blood covered scroll.scrollyi6jc8.gif

47x1j0k.gif

To the western side across a gap you will see Maisa, speak with her and she will say you're not Kaleef. Kaleef will ask you if you are a friend of Al Kharid and you will say you helped rescue Prince Ali ; however, Maisa wants you to tell her where Ali was being kept. Select Draynor Village and he will ask who helped you locate Prince Ali, select Leela, and he will ask you to bring Osman to him. Teleport back to Lumbridge or use a Glory and speak to Osman in Al Kharid outside the Palace Gates.

Tell Osman that his appearance might be a wedge between the two cities. He will meet you outside Sophanem gates so speak with him. Tell him of a secret passage you know of to the northeast, and you will see a cutscene. Afterwards it's time to go on an Osman hunting to find him. Head back to where you found Kaleef's body and you will see a cutscene.

Now you need to fight a level 191 Giant Scarab that hits up to 20's attacking with mage, and melee often, as well as that it can summon Scarab enemies you have already seen, and poison you.

bigscarabwm7.gif

Once you have killed it, Osman will reappear, tell you to pick up Kaleef's dagger and then teleport. Pick up the Keriskerisnc5iq4.gifHead back to Sophanem and speak with the High Priest. Once you have spoken with the High Preist with one empty slot in your inventory, you will get a Quest complete.

contactwh5jt0.gif

You will also receive a lamp that will give you two wishes of 7,000xp in combat skills other than prayer. 4ha3w2b.gif

The Keris is extra strong against creatures like Kalphite.

kerisjx2.png

Example demonstration:

45withnewdaggeryi5.png

If your going to complain about the pics get me copies in png because this computer only lets me save in jpg or gif.

Any other mistakes have already been pointed out.

Thanks for the hard work.

hint: wear heavy plates (rune or dragon), bring good food, protect from ranged and fall in the scarab! =D

it worked for me, and im lvl 91

Sauron, that will not be added in the guide but from what I heard most people used either Proselyte or D Hide which seem to be the most commonly used to beat it but that may help some :lolsmack:.

This guide is wayy too small!

Don't you think there should at least be a map of the dungeon?

No, the guide isn't too short, the quest is hardly long at all. Do it and you'll believe me. As for a map thanks for proving to me you don't read other post. The dungeon is too deadly too map.

hmm looks like a good guide cxk, im just hoping you werent overexaggerating about how much food i will need :P

plus i found a spelling error

"Once you have killed it, Osman will reappear, tell you to pick up Kaleef's dagger and "than" teleport" you mean "then"

Edited by blondeguy32™

Alright so maybe you people read it this time:

THE DUNGEON IS TOO DEADLY TOO MAP AND I DON'T KNOW HOW TO MAP, SO UNLESS YOU ARE GOING TO MAP IT YOURSELF STOP ASKING BECAUSE IT IS TOO DEADLY.

Otherwise I would of made it, your the fourth person to ask, and now you see what not reading a thread does to my anger. 47%.

Edited by Cxkslei

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines and Privacy Policy.