Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Cxkslei

Contact - Complete

followed teh guide but when i got here

. Put on protect from mage and go down the ladder, then run south to the opposite side of the cave and climb up the other ladder.

Is it just me, or can you only go north? no way to go south, you're already south. Had to teley shortly after was almost dead, i'll try again too see if i read wrong or is an error.

EDIT: I redid it. If you go north and continue to follow the rest of the directions, you get there. So you might want to fix that :P

Edited by Zene

Zene are you sure because theres two sepeate dungeons Lvl 1 and lvl2. According to what I remember when you go down from lvl 1 to lvl 2 you appear slightly further north, so it would be sotuh and then either east or west, a pic of this location would help confirm this very much.

Guest Emanick1

This is not a good guide, to say the least. I am not criticizing you though, because I could hardly do better myself. :band: It must be extremely hard to even sort out which way to go in your memory - I tried the quest and got down about 3 corridors before narrowly escaping death, and I'm level 87 (not too good, but certainly not pathetic). I repeat: I DO NOT BLAME YOU IN THE LEAST.

A few thoughts:

You might want to sort out the big block paragraph where it details the route you have to take into several different ones. Since people are going to have to read this 2 seconds at a time, it has to be as simple as possible (unless they can memorize it). Believe me, I know. :mad:

Also, I fell down into a different area when I fell into some trap. Could you provide some details about the consequences of traps? Rare indeed is the adventurer who doesn't slip up once during that mad dash. :P

Forgive me if I missed this section, but it's imperative that you add a few different inventories for varying levels. Knowing how much food to bring would greatly help people.

And forgive me again if you mentioned it (I forget), but do we need waterskins?

Another point; not so obvious but worth inserting: On the giant beetle thingy or whatever, do you need to kill all the summoned creatures first? :mad: I hope not.

Lastly, I read your big red letters that it's too risky to map the dungeon. I understand. However, this guide really is next to useless without a good map. I suggest that if you find a map on RSC or something, ask to "borrow it" for this forum, promising that it won't actually be used in the Sal's Guide. (Obviously, back off if they refuse.) Worthy of a heroic ballad indeed is the first mapper! :s

Edited by Emanick1

This guide is wayy too small!

Don't you think there should at least be a map of the dungeon?

the guide is just the right size, as long as you pay attention, this guide takes you straight through

plus i tried to help cxk with mapping the dungeon, and i nearly died because i lagged. So if you want a map, go make it yourself

EDIT 3:

QUOTE(Cxk)

at almost level you can easily die during this quest

At almost every level?

This post has been edited by Lizzard: Yesterday, 07:15 PM

Argh Rune Lizzard noticed this before me :P remove me from the credits.

i might try to make a map for the dungeon. try. Woot i beat the Bug !

this is what i had. 71 atack. 72 str. 70 def. 45 prayer.

full red d hide

super set

20 food, i use 12 on getting to the bug.(sharks)

2 prayer pot doses.

d scim

initiate helm

dds

Crystal sheild 9/10

i found it easy as.

In your first paragraph, you wrote to to. You need to delete one. I'm not sure if this has already been pointed out.

To the western side across a gap you will see Maisa, speak with her and she will say you're not Kaleef. Kaleef will ask you if you are a friend of Al Kharid and you will say you helped rescue Prince Ali, however Maisa wants you to tell her where Ali was being kept.

The bolded word is the mistake, isn't Kaleef dead so how can he ask you? I think it should be Maisa.

LMAO size 7 Bold red writing, thats do the trick

Teh credits pl0x :P

Btw made the quest start point because people are moaning about pics

2vl71hj.png

Edited by Evolution

Quest: Contact

Requirements: Gertrude's Cat, Prince Ali Rescue, Itchlarin's Little Helper.

Items: A Lantern (lit), Food, Tinderbox, Good Armor

Recommended: Shantay Passes, GP for Carpet Rides, a high hp level, at almost any level you can easily die during this quest. Also recommended are prayer potions, and food similar to sharks or monkfish, Anti-poison potions.

Seems out of place. Maybe make it a few font sizes bigger and put it under the credit and title, at the very beginning of the guide? like:

Quest: Contact

Requirements: Gertrude's Cat, Prince Ali Rescue, Itchlarin's Little Helper.

Items: A Lantern (lit), Food, Tinderbox, Good Armor

Recommended: Shantay Passes, GP for Carpet Rides, a high hp level. Also recommended are prayer potions, and food similar to sharks or monkfish, Anti-poison potions.

WARNING THIS IS A HIGHLY DANGEROUS QUEST. ANY LEVEL CAN DIE SO BE CAREFUL

or something like that.

Armor recommended for the dungeon at current is either Dragon Hide or Proselyte while praying. If Dragon hide use the prayer protect from melee, with Proselyte use the prayer protect from magic.

Shouldn't this be "at current time", or more layman's terms "currently"?

wow, iv made a map for the underground area with all the high level monsters, and photobucket is taking forever to load. . .

I just found out the max damage of the Keris against a kalphite or scarab is 3X the hit you would do without the effect

The max would be about 138 then with the best gear :P

Edited by 313smaus313

This thing had 1000 views so id thought id make it 1001 mwahahaha

Anyways once you posted the monsted id be happy to make them transparent :P

I just found out the max damage of the Keris against a kalphite or scarab is 3X the hit you would do without the effect

The max would be about 148 then with the best gear :P

I think the max hit in RS is 99 even if you calculated that it can do more.

Ok I drew the route I took. The ladder you go down isn't shown, but the basic idea is clear I hope for whoever maps this. Red lines are where you are not attacked, yellow are where you are.

1stfloorpartialvw0.gif

Edited by Thomas154321

thomas, thats an interesting way, but i went through the west ladder as you come in. down that. south to the very south west corner then up that ladder, i then walked to the latter that was directly north of that..

The max would be about 148 then with the best gear :P

I think the max hit in RS is 99 even if you calculated that it can do more.

Nope because the str bonus of the keris is only 71 with all the maximum stuff ( and no dharoks )

thomas, thats an interesting way, but i went through the west ladder as you come in. down that. south to the very south west corner then up that ladder, i then walked to the latter that was directly north of that..
The way on top is safe, possible to get through taking 0 damage. Seeing as many players will try and complete this at a low level, I suggest putting both routes in the guide.

Scaper, your map needs some editing. There are some white lines that are wonky. Fix them up. Secondly you need to add the words 'Sal's Realm Only!' somewhere on the map. This makes it harder for thiefs to steal the map and use it.

Scaper, your map needs some editing. There are some white lines that are wonky. Fix them up. Secondly you need to add the words 'Sal's Realm Only!' somewhere on the map. This makes it harder for thiefs to steal the map and use it.
dungeonmapts8co5.png

ok, is there anything else, ( colour ladders ? lines for the path or something ?)

edit: where are the words ?

like this ?

salsmapcopyjh3.png

Edited by Scaper98

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines and Privacy Policy.