Floor Trap:

floortrap.png

Odd Marking Trap:

oddmarkingtrap.png

Scarab Trap:

scarabwalltrap.png

Sandpit Trap:

sandpittrap.png

When navigating the maze you will be confronted with five different traps. Three of those will deal damage: The Floor Trap (disabeling the trap succesfully depends on your agility level) , the Moving tall trap (keep to the opposite wall and at the end move diagonally) and the Odd Markings trap (disableling succesfully depends on your thieving level). Getting past them is not that hard. The two other traps are not hard at all: Just keep to the opposite side as you walk past them. Be carefull, fail these and you will end up in the dungeon below, and that is the place best to avoid.

Navigating the maze can be done easily when you prepare: Turn off auto-retaliate and when you see one of the 'monsters' use the correct prayer to prevent damage. For the mage obviously Protect from Mage and for the Locust Rider use Protect from Missiles. When you do not turn off auto-retaliate you run the risk of attacking one of them and fall into one of the traps. Even when attacked, concentrate on the trap at hand, once safely past the attack will stop.

--Simple--

Edited by Simple013

Requirements: Must have completed the Gertrude's Cat quest, the Prince Ali Rescue quest, and the Itchlarin's Little Helper quest.

Items: A Lantern (lit), Food, a Tinderbox, and a Good set of Armor (highly recommended)

Recommended: Shantay Passes, GP for Carpet Rides, and a high hp level. Also recommended are prayer potions, food similar to sharks or monkfish, and Anti-poison potions.

Forewarning: No matter what combat level you are, you can easily die during this quest!

To start, speak to the High Priest in Sophanem. Upon beginning the quest you will hear his story of how he attempted to cross the bridge and was stopped by Coenus, who had his archers attack him and others. Ask him if there are any passages under the city. Continue to talk to him and you will find out about Scabaras, Apmeken, and how lesser deities were born everytime Tumeken had a dream. Now head to to the Temple of the Lesser Deities in the Northeastern part of the town. Speak to Jex who will tell you that a few months ago Scarab creatures came out from underneath the Temple. Jex will tell you to go down the ladder to the deserted bank and then the next ladder, so follow his directions.

Armor recommended for the dungeon currently consists of either Dragon Hide or Proselyte while using prayer. If you use Dragon hide, use the prayer "protect from melee", with Proselyte use the prayer "protect from magic".

You will be in a dungeon similar to the Rogue's Den. Be aware of Scarab Mages and Locust Riders that can be up to level 106.

Continue west past the Scarab Mage, then head south. Head towards the Locust not far to the south, and when you reach it follow the path west, avoiding the golden scarab on the northern wall. Follow the path around to the south and then pass a Scarab Mage, watching out for more wall scarabs. There is a ladder a little further ahead. Put on the "protect from magic" prayer and go down the ladder, then run south to the opposite side of the cave. Climb up the other ladder. Now turn prayer off, and continue along the path past a floor trap. The path turns east. You should go south at the next turning, watching out for another wall scarab. Now head south and east and pass the wall trap, higher theiving levels work better on these. Follow the path around and head south. You are heading for the south-west corner, but the ladder you want is not the most towards the south west, but the one north of that. Go south as far as possible, and take the path west, then use the ladder north of that. There are no more traps now except another wall scarab. At the end of this path is a ladder down to the cave. You should be at an area that looks similar to the Abyss with no monsters. You will see the body of Kaleef. Search it to get a blood covered scroll.

To the western side across a gap you will see Maisa. Speak with her and she will say "you're not Kaleef". Kaleef will ask you if you are a friend of Al Kharid, and you will say you helped rescue Prince Ali. Maisa will want you to tell her where Prince Ali was being kept. Select Draynor Village and she will ask who helped you to locate Prince Ali. Select Leela, and she will ask you to bring Osman to her. Teleport back to Lumbridge or use a Glory Amulet and speak to Osman in Al Kharid outside the Palace Gates.

Tell Osman that his appearance might be a wedge between the two cities. He will meet you outside Sophanem gates so speak with him. Tell him of a secret passage you know of to the northeast, and you will see a cutscene. Afterwards it's time to go on Osman hunting to find him. Head back to where you found Kaleef's body and you will see a cutscene.

Now you need to fight a level 191 Giant Scarab that hits up to 20's attacking with mage, and melee often, summoning Scarab enemies you have already seen, and poisoning you.

bigscarabwm7.gif

Once you have killed it, Osman will re-appear, tell you to pick up Kaleef's dagger and then teleport. Pick up the Keris Head and bring it back to Sophanem and speak with the High Priest. Once you have spoken with the High Preist with one empty slot in your inventory you will claim your reward for finishing the quest.

You will also receive a lamp that will give you two wishes of 7,000xp in any combat skill other than prayer.

Notes -

-The Keris is extra strong against creatures like Kalphite.

Ok, just a proofread. The biggest problem was gender switching and switching from past to present tense. :pirate2:

If I made some info false, it is because I havent done the quest. I was merely acting as the computer spellcheck (i didn't actually use it though :D)

Oh, duh... teh red highlighted stuff is where changes were made to make it grammatically correct and of course, user friendly

srry ;)

On the very nice maps with the trapped areas and ladders, where are the start and end points?

Thank you Simple and I hoep you don't mind me qouting you.

Entrility, I went through your edits, none of them sound the way I write a guide, if you pay careful attention, each guide writer has a unique stule of writing, yours does not sound anything like mine, as well as that you are creating several hundred grammar problems with your edits. I would appreciate it if your edits didn't cause these problems, however if you don't believe me, check a grammar book. Also guys can you do me a favor for contributions. First post it normally in your post. Than copy it, and paste it in a code box. Makes my life so much easier.

Yes this guide is very good now except

i cant be bothered to read for under the sandit pit trap pic it says

Afte that

And it the beggining is it supposed to say Scabaras It probaly is i havent done the quest yet but it looks like Scarabs

A few suggestions to modify about the guide:

First of all, the Giant Scarab attacks with melee and RANGE not mage (although it does look like mage), so use protect from range during the fight.

Secondly.. Here's a map of a good strategy to use during the fight:

map2sh4.png

Yes, I also posted this suggestion for Infiniti's guide, but I think both guides would benefit from it (not to say that they both aren't already great guides).

This looks like a very good guide Cxk, nice job! :) The map is extremely helpful and the guide itself is very easy to understand... I like it! :P

Yes, of course I read your guide... however this one is complete, and has more detail than yours.

I don't believe this!

My guide is 92% complete and it actually has more information about the traps, has more pictures, is way more organized and is easier to understand...

I spent so much time on that too!

Oh well... what's the point?

I thought I was doing well for once... :wink::cute: :P :)

Edited by Infiniti

Please don't get angry and upset because your guide wasn't accepted! I can't possibly accept every guide that gets submitted, and whenever there is more than one guide written on a subject, someone's guide doesn't get accepted. :wink: Your guide is very good though, and obviously I had a difficult time choosing between them because of that. :P

EDIT: If you want, I will move this guide back to the in-progress forum and wait until you've completed your guide before I make a final decision. I can't add this to the site tonight anyways as I haven't felt very well for the past few days (explaining my absence since Thursday), and when you've finished your guide, I will review both of them again and try and decide which is better. That us, if you'd like me to do that. :)

Edited by Salmoneus

Infiniti, you must understand there has always been what I would call a select group of guide writers for a certain frame of time, my last real competitions we're Simple, Neo Avatars, and Mrcsupertrain as well as myself. Your guide was well written, and I would love to see your next guide, as your guide really gave me "a run for my money". Something which this forum has been lacking for a serious amount of time was real competitors, which you are, I look foward to seeing your future guides and competing with you again.

Please don't get angry and upset because your guide wasn't accepted! I can't possibly accept every guide that gets submitted, and whenever there is more than one guide written on a subject, someone's guide doesn't get accepted. :wink: Your guide is very good though, and obviously I had a difficult time choosing between them because of that. :P

EDIT: If you want, I will move this guide back to the in-progress forum and wait until you've completed your guide before I make a final decision. I can't add this to the site tonight anyways as I haven't felt very well for the past few days (explaining my absence since Thursday), and when you've finished your guide, I will review both of them again and try and decide which is better. That us, if you'd like me to do that. :)

Ok... sorry.

I'll try to finish it up but I probably won't win... cxkslei is a lot better than me.

I think my next guide will be a re-write on Sophanem. I posted in the re-write suggestion topic.

Cxk Did some editing and added a map. :box: Think it is better, you decide.

Quest: Contact

Requirements: Gertrude's Cat, Prince Ali Rescue, Itchlarin's Little Helper.

Items: A lit Lantern, Food, Tinderbox, Good Armor

Recommended: Shantay Passes, coins for Carpet Rides, a high hp level (above 70). Also recommended are prayer potions, and food similar to sharks or monkfish, Anti-poison potions.

Special thanks: Aragorn, Sparhawke, Gain Again, Yuanrang, Anubis, Deimos, 313smaus313, Evolution, Xela King, Thomas154321, Terminator, Ambo100, Martial Fox, Kuemper, Blondeguy32, Zene, Uzumaki Naruto, Mrcsupertrain, Simple013, Joovs, Scaper98

Forewarning: At almost any level you can easily die during this quest!

Start by speaking to the High Priest in Sophanem. Upon beginning the quest you will hear his story of how he attempted to cross the bridge to Menaphos, and was stopped by Coenus who had his archers attack him and others. Ask him if there are any passages under the city. Continue to talk to him and you will find out about Scarabas, Apmeken, and how lesser deities were born everytime Tumeken had a dream. Now head to to the Temple of the Lesser Deities in the Northeastern part of the town. Speak to Jex who will tell you that a few months ago Scarab creatures came out from underneath the Temple. Jex will tell you to go down the ladder to the deserted bank and then the next ladder, so do so.

Armor recommended for the dungeon is either Dragon Hide or Proselyte while praying. If you wear Dragon hide use the Protect from Melee prayer; when wearing Proselyte armour use the Protect from Magic prayer.

You will be in a dungeon similar to the Rogue's Den. Be wary of Scarab Mages and Locust Riders that go all the way up to level 106. The Locust Riders can deal up to 25 damage on you, and the Scarab Mages can deal up to 30 damage on you as well as extinguish your lantern. Traps in this dungeon include floor spikes, moving walls, wall spikes that can hit you for up to 16 damage. As well as that there are Scarabs which can poison you.

contactdungeon.gif

When navigating the maze you will be confronted with five different traps. Three of those will deal damage: The Floor Trap (disabeling the trap succesfully depends on your agility level) , the Moving wall trap (keep to the opposite wall and at the end move diagonally) and the Odd Markings trap (disabling succesfully depends on your thieving level). Getting past them is not that hard. The two other traps are not hard at all either: Just keep to the opposite side as you walk past them. Be carefull, fail these and you will end up in the dungeon below, and that is the one place best to avoid.

Navigating the maze can be done easily when you prepare: Turn off auto-retaliate and when you see one of the 'monsters' use the correct prayer to prevent damage. For the Scarab Mage obviously Protect from Mage and for the Locust Rider use Protect from Missiles. When you do not turn off auto-retaliate you run the risk of attacking one of them and fall into one of the traps. Even when attacked, concentrate on the trap at hand, once safely past the attack will stop.

Moving Wall Trap:

movingwall.png

Floor Trap:

floortrap.png

Odd Marking Trap:

oddmarkingtrap.png

Scarab Trap:

scarabwalltrap.png

Sandpit Trap:

sandpittrap.png

When you enter the dungeon head south, and then west, after that turn north and follow to the top, continue and move west until you see a floor trap. Now head south, and then pass through the floor trap, continue this path avoiding the moving walls by walking on diagonals, then head south towards the bottom of the path. Afterwards move west and then north until the first east path you can take. Take this path, and when you reach a dead end where you can move south, go south, than at the bottom of this head east and than south two more paths before moving west. Follow this path until it branches into two more paths again and than take the south path. At the bottom of this, switch to moving west and go down the ladder.

You should be at an area that looks similar to the Abyss flooded with no monsters. You will see the body of Kaleef, search it to get a blood covered scroll.scrollyi6jc8.gif

47x1j0k.gif

To the western side across a gap you will see Maisa, speak with her and she will say you're not Kaleef. Kaleef will ask you if you are a friend of Al Kharid and you will say you helped rescue Prince Ali, however Maisa wants you to tell her where Ali was being kept. Select Draynor Village and he will ask who helped you locate Prince Ali, select Leela, and he will ask you to bring Osman to him. Teleport back to Lumbridge or use a Glory and speak to Osman in Al Kharid outside the Palace Gates.

Tell Osman that his appearance might be a wedge between the two cities. He will meet you outside Sophanem gates so speak with him, Tell him of a secret passage you know of to the northeast, and you will see a cutscene, afterwards it's time to go on an Osman hunting to find him.

finalbattledungeon.gif

Head back to where you found Kaleef's body and you will see a cutscene.

Now you need to fight a level 191 Giant Scarab that hits up to 20's attacking with range, and melee often, as well as that it can summon Scarab enemies you have already seen, and poison you. Pray if you find it necessarry (which is basically mandatory to be able to survive).

bigscarabwm7.gif

Once you have killed it, Osman will reappear, tell you to pick up Kaleef's dagger and then teleport. Pick up the Keriskerisnc5iq4.gifHead back to Sophanem and speak with the High Priest. Once you have spoken with the High Preist with one empty slot in your inventory you will get a Quest complete.

contactwh5jt0.gif

You will also receive a lamp that will give you two wishes of 7,000xp in combat skills other than prayer. 4ha3w2b.gif

The Keris is extra strong against creatures like Kalphite.

kerisjx2.png

Example demonstration:

45withnewdaggeryi5.png

Edited by Simple013

Infiniti, you must understand there has always been what I would call a select group of guide writers for a certain frame of time, my last real competitions we're Simple, Neo Avatars, and Mrcsupertrain as well as myself. Your guide was well written, and I would love to see your next guide, as your guide really gave me "a run for my money". Something which this forum has been lacking for a serious amount of time was real competitors, which you are, I look foward to seeing your future guides and competing with you again.

Since when has there been 'a select group of guide writers'. Saying that only a certain amount of people can make guides that get submitted is just stupid. Give everyone a fair go and let them complete their guides before you say 'my guide made the site, don't bother'. Guide writing isn't a competition. The aim of writing guides is to compile the most amount of information in an easy-to-understand format so the reader gets the most output from it. :box: Cxk, your guide is good but let Infiniti have a chance. Infiniti, next time ask before using someone else's pictures, even if they are from this site. :jester:

Apart from that, great guides guys. And excellent pictures Simple, it makes it heaps easier to navigate through!

@Chris: I don't think that is what Cxk is saying. In the past there have been guide writers who were on it constantly. If and when the number of people writing a guide increases the guides will benefit: Competition basically makes a guide better. People start looking at areas of a guide other than the simple text. Look at it this way: One of the things that is markedly different is the way pictures are taken. Neo had a profound influence on the way dungeons were mapped. We all contribute to the best guides possible.

What I would hope for the near future is this: People starting to write a guide and those contributing to one guide automatically contribute to the other. Or: I put up pictures and all guide writers can access that information. In a way that would even out a few things and would prevent favouritism. I wouldn't mind if Infinity used the partly mapped area, nor him using the pictures I put up. The main thing here is this: Why would he have to go through the hassle of mapping the dungeon when a perfectly fine picture already exists.

The best guide I was ever part of was the RfD guide. All came together and pitched in. The consequence of it: Within 2 days a good guide for the longest quest ever was on the site. I don't care if I have my name on a guide or not, the object is to write the best possible withing the format Sal's guides have always had: Not a step by step explanation, but the complete quest with extended information. Or to give an example: The present guide could be very short. Here is how.

1 Talk to the Priest in Sophanem.

2 Talk to Jex at the Lesser Deity Temple in the north-east of Sophanem.

3 Go down the trap door and down the next ladder.

4 Follow the route as shown in the picture.

5 Talk to Maisa

6 Teleport to Al-Kharid and talk to Osman

7 Go back to Sophanem, through the maze again

8 Kill the boss

9 Go back to the priest and talk to him: Quest complete.

So what do you prefer? Some will, without a doubt, like the 9 step variety, most won't

--Simple--

Cxkslei, you have won this guide...

I thought that I had a chance at the start but now that you have reorganized all that there's no point in continuing mine.

Next time I will win

I thought that I had a chance at the start but now that you have reorganized all that there's no point in continuing mine.

Next time I will win

You still don't get it: It is not about winning, it is about writing the best guide possible. Basically the aim is to help the site not the ego of the writer.

--Simple--

Next time I will win

You still don't get it: It is not about winning, it is about writing the best guide possible. Basically the aim is to help the site not the ego of the writer.

--Simple--

...that's what I meant....

By winning I meant that he got the best guide...

It's fun and it's even funner with competition!

It even makes the guide better since you want it to be better!

Well Simple, clarified what I was trying to say, by a select group I mean there always seems to be a small group of people during a certain time frame who put out the majority of the guides. Infinit, can't wait to see your Sophanem guide.

I only could be bothered to read the the thread saying what you need to write a guide about a week ago lo l :deformed: As soon as i finished my mining re write im going to continue amking alot of guides, anyways i do actually always see neo avatars name on the creds or Mrcsupertrain making guides and i understand what you mean but some pople may have misunderstood that as onnly these people get there guide accepted.

Anyways Congrats on getting your guide up, and i hope to see your sophanem guide infiniti too, you might aswell start on it as soon as your contact guide gets finished, (Prior to what sal said earlier)

Guest Emanick1

Huh...Cxkslei, most of your guide was more detailed, which I like. However, the other guide has more detail on the boss battle, which is what most people under level 100 struggle with most. I'm not sure I can complete the quest with the limited information your guide provides...:D

If you can edit it once it's accepted, please add what equipment to wear, what works best (melee, range, or magic; and if any of them don't work at all), what kind of weapons are recommended, and recommended inventories for the boss fights. This is really the most important part of the guide, so I suggest you try and fix it however you can.

Sorry for being on your case. I know how hard and annoying it must be to make a guide. ^_^

Emanick I tried to work at it except there would be the problem of people telling me add this it works without evidence -

At levels these are whats known to work

D Scimmy/Whip

Obby Shield

Proselyte Armor/Black D Hide

Climbing Boots

Penance Gloves

PRAY

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines and Privacy Policy.