Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
OnYx Jester

Managing Miscellania

Managing Miscellania

Written by: OnYx.

Credits to: Dani, Neo Avatars, Masao, Frstbase11, Kuemper, Tantalizingg, Simple013, Thomas154321, Datasi, Info1994

Anubis, Scary Monkey, Teacuptime, Masao, GrandTheftGamer, Evolution, Ajay_Was_Here, Mrcsupertrain, 69corvette, Cxkslei

That Guy, Kuittaa, DRAGONBLAST

Requirements:You need to have finished:

The Fremennik Trails to have access to the island.

Throne of Miscellania to have the Miscellanians to work for you. And,

Royal Trouble to have the Etceterians to work for you.

It is STRONGLY recommended that you do Royal Trouble, because it increases your coffers capacity (and the cash your people get from it, from 50k a day to 75k, increasing the amount of resources gained.) The only hard part in the whole quest is fighting the semi-high level Snake. If you have an anti-poison potion, at least 80+ Combat and a Dragon Weapon the quest is simple.

Quest Finish Bonuses:

Once you finish Throne of Miscellania you can chose for your people to gather:

Coal,

Flax,

Herbs, (Guam and Tarromin are not collected. Neither are Snapdragon, Torstol and Toadflax.)

Maple logs,

Swordfish and Tuna*.

*NOTE: You can choose if you want the fish cooked or keep them raw.

Once you finish Royal Trouble you can choose to get all of the above and:

Mahogany*,

Teak*,

And farming resources.

*NOTE: You can choose to gather both Mahogany and Teak by simply choosing Both.

Notice:

It is recommened that you have over 750,000gp in the coffers. This way you can leave your workers as they collect for you and you don't have to worry about topping it up all the time.

Also, if you have your Lunar Magic open, you can use the "Contact NPC" Spell and talk to Adviser Ghim when ever you want.

You may notice that this is a very good way to make money. There a multiple skills that can get trained from collecting certain things.

For example:

If you collect Maple Logs, you can train either Fletching or Firemaking.

If you collect Tuna and Swordfish you can train Cooking or anyother combat skill. This means you have to set the fish on "Uncooked."

What's the point?

If you are wondering that question, then there is only two things I can say.

1) You get to pay your servants money to get a source. And you don't have to do anything else!

2) Everything is discounted!! If you don't want to pay 180gp each for Coal, then get your own little miner to get them for less!

Getting Started:

To start this you need to go to Miscellania which is an island north of the Fremennik Province. Talk to the sailor there and he will ask if you want to go to Miscellania. Say yes and off you go! Click here for a map!

OR if you have finished (or started) Fairy Tale Part Two, you can do there by entering CIP as a code. This will take you north of the castle with Adviser Ghrim and King Vargas.

miscellaniabx3.png

Once you are on Miscellania go north west of the shipping dock and you shall find a castle. Upstairs is King Vargas and Adviser Ghrim. Talk to Adviser Ghrim and you can ask him any of these:

optionskd1.png

If you ask him: "How is my kingdom faring?" He will say if your subjects are in contence (are working) or not.

Then he will show you your Approval rate.

Note: The number depends on the time you take to help out your subjects.

approvalwb2.png

He will then tell you the progress of your subjects, if they've collected anything and if they have he will ask if you would like to collect the earnings. After you have selected, this map will come up.

sourcesjc8.png

This is the progress map. Here you can choose what sources you want the people to collect.

If you ask him "How do I manage the kingdom?" Adviser Ghrim will say this:

adviserghrimmd6.png

ghrimsbookyg4.pngAfter he is finished he will give you a book that looks exactly like the Book of Balance. Don't get too excited, it's not. In this book it will explain to you what to do and how to do it.

If you ask him "What am I meant to be doing again?" he'll say this:

whatamimenttobedoingwf3.png

Finding Everyone

If you where wondering how to find everyone, then this map will clear everything up.

islandmaptn2.png

Approval Rate

The Approval rate is very important in Managing Miscellania. The higher that rate, the less money your subjects will take. To get your Approval rate higher, the only thing you need to do is help them with their jobs.

Example: Cutting Maple logs with Lumberjack Leif will raise your rate 0.5% per log. It doesn't sound like much, but you lose 1% each day so it isn't that hard to keep it high.

This is what will happen if you help out.

helpingoutpd1.png

This is approximately how much each item gained gives in the Approval Rate.

Positives:

Coal = + 0.5%

Maples = + 0.5%

Teak = + 0.7%

Mahogany = + 1%

Weeding Gardens = + 0.5%

Watering Gardens = + 0.5%

Negatives:

Stealing from the stalls = - 1%

Killing the Villagers = - 5%

Don't kill any of the villagers or you'll lose a bit of respect!

If you want to know your rating with the people, go to Adviser Ghrim and ask "How is my Kingdom faring?"

Coffers

Coffers are what your subjects take as money. In other words, it's basically gold pieces. After you finish Throne of Miscellania you get 10,000 coffers put in as a deposit. After you finish Royal Trouble you get 20,000 gold as a reward. You can either bank it and use it for personal uses, or put it in as Coffers so your subjects keep getting paid.

When you are selecting whether to put your money into Coal or Maples on the progress map, you can see how much Coffers are deposited. There are two options under neither.

Withdraw,

Deposit.

You can deposit as much as 5,000,000 coins after you finish Throne of Miscellania. After competition of Royal Trouble, you can deposit as much as 7,500,000 coins.

100% on...

The chapter will explain to you what you will get if you choose to gather something 100%.

100% Maples = 892 Maples

100% Coal = 545 Coal

100% Teak = 301 Teak logs

100% Mahogany = 204 Mahogany logs

100% Flax = 1250 Flax

100% Herbs = 60 Herbs

100% Farming = 477 Seeds

Extra Gatherings

You may find that you will get extra things when you are collecting something. This is usually 1 item per 100, or something along that line.

100 Maples gives 1 birds nest.

100 Coal gives 1 gem.

350 Teak gives 1 bird nest.

350 Mahogany gives 1 bird nest.

100 Herbs give 1 Herb Seed.

Profit

Now what you've all have been waiting for. This section will tell you how much you can get each day IF you have your gatherings on 100%

Item Name Average price Total

Maples: 100gp 89,200gp

Coal: 180gp 91,100gp

Mahogany 370gp 75,480gp

Teak 400gp 120,400gp

Flax: 110gp 137,500gp

Herbs: 1500gp* 90,000gp*

Farming: - -

*This is the best price you can put on Herbs because they range from Tarromin to Kwuarm.

Farming can not be priced due to all the different seeds you can get. From the Bird Nests you may get either Rings, Seeds or a Bird's Egg. About 70% of Nests contain Seeds, 27% contain Rings, and the rest contain either Red, Green or Blue Eggs. See the table below to find out the percentages for each different item you may get from a Nest.

seedpercentagesao8.png

Near Finished?

OnYx :P

Edited by OnYx

First of all, Royal Trouble isn't "optional", but it should be STRONGLY recommended, because it increases your coffin capacity (and the cash your people get from it, from 50k a day to 75k, increasing the amount of stuff gained even if it's a resource coming from Miscellania and not from Etceteria)

I'll wait until you laid out more before saying the rest; I'll be glad to help wherever needed. :P

Ok, thanks Dani, I'll update it a bit then. :P

OnYx :cry:

EDIT: I will get more pics tomorrow. I'm on my slow, java-errored computer ^_^

Edited by .OnYx.

Some advice:

Keep your coffers above 750k at all times. You will be able to pay the maximum amount to your workers each day, 75k. You will then receive the maximum in resources. Generally, you want to keep enough money in the coffers for a week to 10 days at a time, so it would be a good idea to keep 1500k in the coffers.

The first word in the guide is "I".

Guides aren't personal things, so "I" shouldn't be used. If the first word is "I", it could be assumed that it is also used later on too.

Ahhhhh.... I was just about to write a guide about this, I can make 2m a week using the kingdom. Make sure you add about the approval rating. The better it is the more work your subjects will do.

guide looks good at the moment, hope you do well. :P

Unless it's different for other people, I get swordfish and tuna when I have my workers set on fishing.

What's the point?

If you are wonding that question, then there is only two things I can say.

1) You get to pay your servants money to get a source. And you don't have to do anything else!

2) Everything is discounted!! If you don't want to pay 300gp each for Coal, then get your own little miner to get them for less!

Should be wondering.

Edited by tantalizingg

I'll post some pics that you may feel free to use. I had a guide on this, but it got closed for umm....borrowing some info from other sites. However, this is completely my own right here. The map was edited by Hothead23 (I think :P )

How to get to Manage Thy Kingdom.

The simplest way to get here is via the Fairy Ring Network. However, this requires at least starting Fairy Tale Part 2. We start out in Zanaris and make our way to the Fairy Rings.

fairyringkp4.png

Then we must enter the correct code for the Miscellania Ring. Which is CIP

ciprm8.png

From here walk southwest into the castle and up the stairs.

miscellaniabx3.png

upstairsej0.png

Now walk up the stairs and to the south to talk to the advisor.

If you don't have access to the fairy rings then you must either walk there or use an enchanted lyre. The easiest way is to teleport to Camelot using the level 45 spell and walking from there.

map2vm4.png

Thanks for the pics. They look at bit big, so I'll only add some of them. Cheers :fish:

I"ll change wonding now :)

OnYx :P

You state Guam and Marrentil are not collected and that of course is true. But not all other herbs are collected: Snapdragon and Torstol aren't gathered either.

--Simple--

You state Guam and Marrentil are not collected and that of course is true. But not all other herbs are collected: Snapdragon and Torstol aren't gathered either.

--Simple--

Toadflax is also never collected.

You put "coffin" instead of "coffers" in the first paragraph. :P

:glasses: That would be Dani's falut!

*Stares at Dani*

*Dani Stares Back*

*OnYx Pokes Tougne At Him*

*Dani Eats OnYx*

Edited by .OnYx.

My fault, exactly. But You HAVE to agree on the fact that Advisor Ghrim looks pale..thinking of coffins comes natural ;)

I'll get a picture of Miscellania + Etceteria soon.

Cutting Maple logs with Lumberjack Leif will raise your rate 1% per log
More like 0.5-0.6%. I always have to cut at least two maple logs before getting back to 100%. Teak logs get approximately 1% to your approval, and Mahogany logs get around 1.5% (I suppose. Someone should investigate, because I always cut one teak per day to keep my approval on 100%).

It is STRONGLY recommended that you do Royal Trouble, because it increases your coffers capacity (and the cash your people get from it, from 50k a day to 75k, increasing the amount of stuff gained.) The only hard part in the whole quest is fighting the semi-high level Snake. If you have an anti-poison potion, at least 80+ Combat and a Dragon Weapon the quest is simple.

Instead of using the word "stuff" you should use something like resources. I think it would sound better.

Edited by tantalizingg

If you ask him "What am I ment to be doing again?" he'll say this:

whatamimenttobedoingwf3.png

Negatives:

Stealing from the stalls = - 1%

Killing the Villagers = - 5%

Don't kill any of the villagers of you'll lose a bit of respect!

You broke it... :biggrin:

Oh wells, I'm looking forward to this... Might be a good source of income >_<

Getting Started:

To start this you need to go to Miscellania. which is an island north of the Fremennik Province. Talk to the sailer there and he will ask if you want to go to Miscellania. Say yes and of you go! Click Here For The Map.

OR if you have finished (or started) Fairy Tale Part Two, you can do there by entering CIP as a code. This will take you north of the castle with Adviser Ghrim and King Vargas.

The link for the map does not work.

If you don't want to pay 300 each for coal.
It's 180 each not 300 lol

Approval Rate

The Approval rate is very important in Managing Miscellania. The higher that rate, the less money your subjects will take. To get your Approval rate higher, the only thing you need to do is help them with their jobs.

Example: Cutting Maple logs with Lumberjack Leif will raise your rate 1% per log. It doesn't sound like much, but you lose 1% each day so it isn't that hard to keep it high.

This is what will happen if you help out.

This is approxamatley how much each item gained gives in the Approval Rate.

Positives:

Coal = + 0.5%

Maples = + 0.5%

Teak = + 0.7%

Mahogany = + 1%

Weeding Gardens = + 0.5%

Watering Gardens = + 0.5%

1% or 0.5 for maples!? I think it's 0.5.

Edit: The better support you got the slower you can gain more :s

Edited by Anubis

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines and Privacy Policy.