Sal's RuneScape Forum
Ph201

Sal's Xbox 360 Club

Dark sector is only $18.61 at amazon.com

I have legs, I buy games at the store.

You buy it for the same price?

I'm not cheap, £20 isn't extortionate.

Saving money isn't a bad thing.

I like the new dashboard and the avatars. Looks cool. What will happen to all the gamerpics and themes that were bought though?

It comes out in Fall, right?

Edited by bill00080025

I like the new dashboard and the avatars. Looks cool. What will happen to all the gamerpics and themes that were bought though?

No, it comes out in Autumn.

No, it comes out in Autumn.

Same thing :aware:

Oh man Final fantasy 13 on the 360... that just made the show for me.

I should be getting the wires i need to hook up to xbl tonight :aware:

I already finsihed Cod4 and it was one of the best games EVER.

Hahahahaha.

This will seriously piss off some PS3 fans :aware:.

While I never really played FF (So I don't care that much about the game), I'll have a laugh at reading some replies.

Hahahahaha.

This will seriously piss off some PS3 fans :aware:.

While I never really played FF (So I don't care that much about the game), I'll have a laugh at reading some replies.

Agreed. I want to see my RL friend's reaction.

Gears of War 2 November 7th. For some reason on that day (Friday) I will just so happen to get sick and not go to school.

I spent the last of my money on 2000 MS Points, 600 have gone on the Halo 3 : LMP. I was wondering what else to do with them... wait for another mp or buy a new game?

EDIT) NEW INTERFACE / DASHBOARD THIS AUTUMN!!!

http://livewire.ign.com/2008/e3/index.html#

E3 coverage, new avatars etc. I really did think that the 360 had started loosing the battle but this is changing my mind :)

If you're going to buy an arcade game, Small Arms is one of the best ones.

Is the new update thing in return to PS' Home? Kinda seems a little like it.

But that's only going to last so long. I'd rather be playing a real game. :aware:

Too Human demo downloading!!!!

Skipping school to play a video game? Very sad. :aware:

New dashboard looks amazing, as does Fable II, LEGO Batman and Resident Evil 5. :)

Oh and FFXIII for 360 = pwnage.

Final Fantasy XIII and Square Enix on the Xbox 360 is a HUGE blow to Sony. They better have something good today, or they'll lose even more money.

Can someone convince me to buy Mass Effect? I'm not really an RPG fan but it's only £5 in my Game store which seems like a total bargain for the way everyone talks about it.

Just what exactly is so good about it?

Edit: And Caboose, don't see you complaining that MS "ripped off" Sony's avatar idea. See, Sony aren't the only ones who can steal ideas. :aware:

Edited by Lethal

Can someone convince me to buy Mass Effect? I'm not really an RPG fan but it's only £5 in my Game store which seems like a total bargain for the way everyone talks about it.

Edit: And Caboose, don't see you complaining that MS "ripped off" Sony's avatar idea. See, Sony aren't the only ones who can steal ideas. :aware:

What's so good about it? Do you like epic storylines, infinite replayability, and legal disputes over your corpses and certain scenes? This game is for you, than.

If your not really into RPG's don't get it.

Its extremely story driven and a majority of it is just talking. (Which is interactive and has multiple paths depending on you)

Its pretty addicting. The fighting is hard to get used to but its varied and depending on the class you picked you can do some pretty cool things with it.

Edit: And Caboose, don't see you complaining that MS "ripped off" Sony's avatar idea. See, Sony aren't the only ones who can steal ideas. :)

If your not really into RPG's don't get it.

Its extremely story driven and a majority of it is just talking. (Which is interactive and has multiple paths depending on you)

Its pretty addicting. The fighting is hard to get used to but its varied and depending on the class you picked you can do some pretty cool things with it.

I don't mind the story. As is well documented MGS is my favourite series of all time, which is probably the most story driven game ever. :)

The multiple paths sounds interesting, always liked them in a game. And with Veni saying it has infinite replayability that's another good pointer.

Suppose for the money I really can't say no, will go and pick up a copy tommorow. Thanks both. :aware:

It's not just any video game, but yes, you should probably let your parents pick it up for you at the most so you can play it when you get home.

Can someone convince me to buy Mass Effect?

Sure.

There's a lot of listening but I'm sure someone like you can gobble it up. There's a GREAT shooting element in it which mixes perfectly in with the rest of the story. The RPG elements are just switching guns and armor for shooting battle and picking your responses to conversations. You can just whizz by in them or pick every possibility.

If it's that cheap, get it.

It's definitely not infinite replayability. No game is. It has a LOT of hours of gameplay however, and you'll probably want to play a second playthrough on the insane difficulty for fun.

The main downside is that the autosaves are sparse. ALWAYS save.

Edited by Ph201

I've been thinking about getting a 360...

Can someone convince me to buy it?

Good point, but it's a give / take relationship. Sony took so Microsoft took aswell...

That sounded better in my head.

Do I have to download this update? It looks awful :aware:

Only good thing is more than 2 players in a Private Chat.

I have no idea why almost everybody hates the update? Microsoft must have put so much effort into it and you just go ahead and dismiss it before you have even tryed it.

But looking at it logicly:

1.0 < 2.0

I've been put off updates ever since the last one, it glitched and I couldn't download anything off the marketplace for 3 months.

And meet many more who think this updates looks horrible.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/s...452#post1003452

Edited by 3volution

I'll let you know when I care what you think.

It's not just any video game, but yes, you should probably let your parents pick it up for you at the most so you can play it when you get home.

Or i'll pick it up myself.

Anyways, I make good enough grades so I really could care less.

What's the difference bettween the -cough- Galaxian -cough- Galaga trial and the Galaga full version? Thanks.

Just because my dad got hooked...

Edited by Caboose

Hey, for those of you who played the Too Human demo, how was it?

My friend said it was bad, but I haven't played it first hand so I'm not sure.

New info on fall update.

Some of the features in the new Xbox experience (8 person chat, VGA support and more)

Xbox LIVE GM Marc Whitten (Notwen) has sent me the following letter to share with the Xbox LIVE Community. I goes into a little more detail about some of the new features that are coming as part of the new Xbox Experience this Fall. I'll work on getting Marc on a future show to discuss further.

Dear Xbox LIVE Member,

When we launched Xbox 360 in November 2005, Xbox LIVE was integrated directly into the console. Back then, Xbox 360 was the first system to deliver access to experiences beyond just the disc in the tray. With the Xbox guide and dashboard you had access to everything on your console as well as your community.

We also imagined that Xbox experience would continuously improve over time, through the power of software.

Since launch, you’ve always pushed us to continuously innovate. It is because you spoke with one loud voice that we added new features like background downloading, 1080p support, movies and TV shows, video chat, a Marketplace blade and instant messaging.

Over time, as we’ve delivered more and more content into the Xbox LIVE Marketplace, we’ve heard from many of you that it has become increasingly difficult to find the games and content you want.

And that brings us to today.

Because of your feedback, we started rethinking the entire Xbox experience. What we discovered was that we could not only provide a better experience for you, but also something that reaches out to new audiences.

What John Schappert unveiled for the world on stage at E3 was just a sneak preview, so I wanted to share some deeper details on some of the new features in the new Xbox experience.

Here is a look at some additional features you will find interesting:

· Play from hard drive. Copy your games from the game disc and play directly from the hard drive. Not only will the drive not spin, but load times are quicker, as well. Of course, you will still need the disc in the tray to prove you own the game.

· Access Xbox LIVE Marketplace on the Web. Browse and purchase Marketplace content whenever you want from Xbox.com and it downloads automatically to your console. Purchase that new map, television episode, the latest Xbox LIVE Arcade game or set up a movie to watch when you get home from work.

· Dashboard built into the new Xbox Guide. For everyone who loves the blades interface, it’s not going away; they are now built directly in to the new Xbox guide. Every feature and option is available right from the guide. You can even access your full games library at all times. No matter where you are (in dash or in game), immediately call up your games played list and directly launch a game.

· LIVE Party system. Create a party of up to eight friends, and stay with them from one game to another, or watch a Netflix movie together, or share a slideshow of your personal photos. It works with all Xbox 360 titles, not just upcoming games. LIVE Party allows up to eight people to chat in the dashboard, so you can meet up before playing.

· Xbox LIVE Primetime. This whole new category of games is going to give you more reasons to get online with your friends. Games will support everything you’d expect, like Achievements and leader boards, but many of these games will include real prizes. You can invite your friends, and even set a reminder for an upcoming show. Each game is broadcast simultaneously, so everyone is answering the same questions. Many events will have a live host, calling the shots as they happen.

· Avatars. Your online identity started as a Gamertag - it then grew into a personalized Gamercard. Now, it has evolved even further into avatars. You can express your style, check out new outfits and share this with the community. Avatars will also be integrated into Xbox LIVE Arcade games, LIVE Party, as well as retail games.

· New display support. Because you asked for it, we are adding 16X10 over VGA or HDMI, and support for 1440x900 or 1680x1050.

This is only the beginning. Over the next few months, we will share more details on the upcoming changes.

See you online,

Marc Whitten

SOURCE

Looks awesome. The battle is getting fierce!

EDIT: Shoot, was beat to it... w/e...

Edited by bill00080025

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines and Privacy Policy.