Sal's RuneScape Forum
Ph201

Sal's Xbox 360 Club

Why would you want to buy a new controller only because of a new D-pad which honestly looks pretty much the same. Even if it would be super upgraded and the best D-pad in the world, it's just the d-pad! D-pad usually holds functions that aren't that important.

It isn't just the D-Pad, that's just the 'big problem' that was fixed. There are other small changes and i think it uses higher-grade materials too.

Did i give someone on here a 1 Month Gold code? Must have been a while back... anywho, i've bought a 12 month card from Amazon as it works out a fair bit cheaper than buying it from MS. My current Gold membership runs out on Sept 26th and i want to know how to cancel the automatic renew option. I can't do it from the xbox.com website and it won't let me remove the payment option (even though i think that card has expired). I've read something about using pre-paid cards to remove auto-renew, does this work with 48 hour trials? And if i used one would it cancel the remainder of my current membership? I seem to remember it auto-renews a few days before it actually runs out though so...

Edited by Caboose

Getting pumped for my report card week..I get new games that week. Someone help me pick some games :huh: I was thinking of buying Bioshock 2..

Getting pumped for my report card week..I get new games that week. Someone help me pick some games :huh: I was thinking of buying Bioshock 2..

Halo Reach is calling to you. 9/14/10, get ready to fall!

Why would you want to buy a new controller only because of a new D-pad which honestly looks pretty much the same. Even if it would be super upgraded and the best D-pad in the world, it's just the d-pad! D-pad usually holds functions that aren't that important.

Unless you play fighting games. I myself believe this update was five years too late. But it was my only issue with the controller.

Dead Rising 2, mostly because Case Zero is awesome!

I hope you've all played the Vanquish demo :huh:

I love it when the Japanese try to make a game for the western audience.

I hope you've all played the Vanquish demo :huh:

I love it when the Japanese try to make a game for the western audience.

Shinji Mikami has been making his style of games for years and I believe this falls right into it. I wouldn't say it's them pandering to us, in fact I think it's much more of a japanese game.

Um... I'm confused.... Duke Nukem Forever is coming out... is this a joke? I'm going to go lay down now... *shaking*

Edited by Heavy Jump

It isn't just the D-Pad, that's just the 'big problem' that was fixed. There are other small changes and i think it uses higher-grade materials too.

What big problem? There was no big problem and it's not like the controller is made from some cheap breakable plastic.

What big problem? There was no big problem and it's not like the controller is made from some cheap breakable plastic.

Ever play Oblivion? Fine example of the suckitude of the dpad.

I'm pretty sure it's not Microsoft's fault for the crappiness of the d pad. I'm guessing this is why they made the d pad 'transformable'. The way I understand it is that companies such as Nintendo and Sony have patents on their d pad designs. Microsoft likely couldn't have made the d pad they way they wanted to because of these patents. This transforming one however could let them make it however they wanted and kind of side stepping around the patents.

Looking at the new controller, I don't think it's going to help much. The PS3 has it down, with each direction being an independent button. The Wii has a standard cross like on a Gameboy. The new 360's may give a more pronounced dpad, but it's still not accurate (just like the original one).

http://kotaku.com/5629903/hands-on-with-th.../full+(Gizmodo)

That's what it seems like to me, looks like it behaves just like the normal one just has a more pronounced dpad.

I really don't understand why it's so hard for them to just make four different buttons instead of a directional "pad."

I really don't understand why it's so hard for them to just make four different buttons instead of a directional "pad."

I believe Sony has that patented.

Well Mass Effect 2 just arrived, know what i'm doing for the rest of today :huh:

It's too good to put down. Just play it straight through mate. Like a big 20 hour long movie.

Borderlands level cap goes up to 69, for free.

http://kotaku.com/5630722/

What's with games and 69?!?!? I mean, 69 Stars in Spec Ops and now this. Is this appealing to a wider variety of audiences?

"Hey Sarah have you heard of Borderlands?" "No I hate games" "Yeah but the max level is 69" "Oh em gee... AWESOME".

LOL, that's my theory :huh:

Well Mass Effect 2 just arrived, know what i'm doing for the rest of today :huh:

It's too good to put down. Just play it straight through mate. Like a big 20 hour long movie.

Well 23 hours in and i don't even have a full team yet. Just got back from the collector ship and it's surprisingly different to ME1 in that you don't have to change weapons and armour every other minute. That said i do seem to have amassed something like half a million credits that i can't find anything to do with...

Well 23 hours in and i don't even have a full team yet. Just got back from the collector ship and it's surprisingly different to ME1 in that you don't have to change weapons and armour every other minute. That said i do seem to have amassed something like half a million credits that i can't find anything to do with...

I guess I'm just fast at playing games. I beat it in 20 hours or so.

Just got everyone, Miranda and Tali i've done the missions for but they aren't loyal... Miranda's just a nice doggy! and i'm not withholding evidence from a trial, not for Tali, not for anyone :huh: It's a crime! A specter can't go round doing that sort of thing! :unsure:

I could probably have beat it by now, i just love savoring that first playthrough. Can't help but feel that this will have tons more replay value than the first, want to see what it's like being a biotic/tech guy/gal.

I'm totally hitting on that Kelly chick too :mellow:

Just got everyone, Miranda and Tali i've done the missions for but they aren't loyal... Miranda's just a nice doggy! and i'm not withholding evidence from a trial, not for Tali, not for anyone :huh: It's a crime! A specter can't go round doing that sort of thing! :mellow:

I could probably have beat it by now, i just love savoring that first playthrough. Can't help but feel that this will have tons more replay value than the first, want to see what it's like being a biotic/tech guy/gal.

I'm totally hitting on that Kelly chick too :/

Vanguard is the way to go for a second play through :unsure:

I'm going to go out and rent NHL11 today. I don't know if I should get that or Reach.

I'm going to go out and rent NHL11 today. I don't know if I should get that or Reach.

Really? Are you actually asking that question?

I think you just committed X360 Club suicide :huh:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines and Privacy Policy.