Sal's RuneScape Forum
Ph201

Sal's Xbox 360 Club

When your power goes off and then your xbox gets RROD, just unplug everything and plug it back in, it's just the power surge doing work.

Edited by Ph201

When your power goes off and then your xbox gets RROD, just unplug everything and plug it back in, it's just the power surge doing work.

Power surge? Or Covenant cruisers?

I kind of forgot that RB3 is coming out this year. Anyone getting it?

woh woh woh wait a second http://www.xbox.com/en-US/hardware/x/xbox360vgahdcable/ they say it supports 1080p is that true because im pretty sure vga doesnt do that. Also microsoft stopped selling the av/hdmi cables like this http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-AUDIO-VIDEO-HDMI-A...=item53e3bb852a why?

Power surge? Or Covenant cruisers?

I kind of forgot that RB3 is coming out this year. Anyone getting it?

That doesn't work for the 3 RRoD, but it works for the 4 RRoD.

Or if you get the 3 RRoD you can do the heating up towel method.

And just break it even more.. :huh:

It's not like you could break it much more, because after you get the 3 RRoD then there's no point. And the towel method works for like 10 - 20 times before it stops.

And just break it even more.. :huh:

It's not like you could break it much more, because after you get the 3 RRoD then there's no point. And the towel method works for like 10 - 20 times before it stops.

If you fix it the proper way when it first RRoD, there shouldn't be anymore issues..

If I get RROD I'll crack open the xbox and fix it myself. Towel trick does nothing.

If you fix it tell me how (just in case :huh:

Pretty sure it's just re-soldering a piece back into place.

If I get RROD I'll crack open the xbox and fix it myself. Towel trick does nothing.

Oh good. I'm not the only smart person here.

If you fix it tell me how (just in case :huh:

TOWEL TRICK.

If you fix it tell me how (just in case :unsure:

Pretty sure it's just re-soldering a piece back into place.

New thermal paste, removing X-Clamps, etc.

The x clamps hold down the heatsink (which is moved because of overheating) so all you have to do is move it back and retighten it.

The x clamps hold down the heatsink (which is moved because of overheating) so all you have to do is move it back and retighten it.

Of course there is a chance of you fudgeing up your Xbox 360 more then the towel trick...

I just suggested a quick-fix solution to people who desperately wanna play a few more minutes of Reach :huh:

Of course there is a chance of you fudgeing up your Xbox 360 more then the towel trick...

I just suggested a quick-fix solution to people who desperately wanna play a few more minutes of Reach :huh:

If you put some research into it I imagine it can't be too hard. Microsoft employees are able to do it so I can only assume so can a monkey.

If you put some research into it I imagine it can't be too hard. Microsoft employees are able to do it so I can only assume so can a monkey.

Microsoft TRAINED employees

Found a few sites after a quick Google search and found this: http://www.llamma.com/xbox360/repair/ring_...x-clamp_fix.htm

http://www.moviesmusicgamesandmore.com/rep...r-xbox-360.html

Seems pretty complicated but I think I could manage :unsure:

You clearly have no understanding of basic sarcasm

Yeah I don't I just think that RRoD is no laughing matter :huh:

^ u c wat i did thar?

You clearly have no understanding of basic sarcasm

Yeah I don't I just think that RRoD is no laughing matter :huh:

^ u c wat i did thar?

That's almost as bad as the garbage I subject you people to :unsure:

Starting to get back into Rock Band. There are some dlc songs I need to buy. I've got my eye on Wilson by Phish.

The dashboard update was today? Gotta go check it out.

No, the preview started a few days ago. It's not out yet.

Oh, I see. Any idea on when the update comes out? To be honest, I won't use any of the features, but it looks really nice based on the pictures I've seen so far. :huh:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines and Privacy Policy.