Sal's RuneScape Forum
Ph201

Sal's Xbox 360 Club

I picked up Bad Company 2 and Dragon Age: Origins Ultimate edition (the one with all the DLC packs as well as the original game).

I'm absolutely loving Bad Company 2 multiplayer. I think the Engineer class is my favorite so far.

Dragon Age is proving to be really different from most games I've played on Xbox. I've never played an RPG on my Xbox besides Mass Effect and I lost interest in that extremely quickly. I'm playing on Normal, and my character is an Elven Mage. Any tips for me? :(

I picked up Bad Company 2 and Dragon Age: Origins Ultimate edition (the one with all the DLC packs as well as the original game).

I'm absolutely loving Bad Company 2 multiplayer. I think the Engineer class is my favorite so far.

Dragon Age is proving to be really different from most games I've played on Xbox. I've never played an RPG on my Xbox besides Mass Effect and I lost interest in that extremely quickly. I'm playing on Normal, and my character is an Elven Mage. Any tips for me? :(

Mind Blast is really useful for when you get surrounded.

Mind Blast is ok but what you really want is Cone of Cold paired with Crushing Prison.

Both spells are OP but combined you can't really lose.

Also, cause you're on the Xbox and it's on normal, you don't get Friendly Fire, so use AoE without worry.

Mind Blast is ok but what you really want is Cone of Cold paired with Crushing Prison.

Both spells are OP but combined you can't really lose.

Also, cause you're on the Xbox and it's on normal, you don't get Friendly Fire, so use AoE without worry.

This. Tempest is also one of my favorites. I like the large AOE. It helps loads during the final fight.

Edited by Jump

Right now the spells I have are Mind Blast, Glyph of Paralysis, Electricity, Fire Blast, Drain Life, Walking Bomb, Shock (wide-spread electricity), and Winter's Grasp (or whatever the beginning spell that leads to Tempest is). I also have Herbalism and Trap-making, as well as one tactics slot.

Now I'm wondering... who should I use regularly in my party? I just finished all the quests in Lothering and am heading to Redcliffe. Right now my party consists of Leliana (rogue), Alistair (warrior), and Morrigan (mage). It's decently balanced. The really annoying thing is that Morrigan and Leliana's approval ratings always conflict. Doing something good is guaranteed to please Leliana and annoy Morrigan, and doing something slightly evil pleases Morrigan and annoys Leliana. :(

I'm really digging this game so far.

Ok upgrade your ice spells to at least cone of cold. That'll make crowd control easier and it's really easy to learn.

You'll want to get to crushing prison. It stops them in place and does a huge amount of damage to them over time. It will take a bit to get but it's one of the best spells in the game.

Party wise you're balanced but there are ways to change it up. You can switch Leliana or Morrigan out for Sten if you don't mind not being able to pick all the locks or losing another crowd control option. Sten has a high DPS but tends to be lower in the defensive skills so make sure that Alistair has his tanking options available (this is something you need in general as any mage that isn't an Arcane mage is kinda squishy). Approval ratings are good and all but they doesn't really matter too much near the end when you begin getting more of their personal items and do their quests. I have a similar party set up and everybody is either 100 or in the 90s.

So I've been playing some Sonic 4 (from XBLA) lately. I got all the Chaos Emeralds so I can use Super Sonic (Super_Sonic_flying_sprite_by_metalsilverfan18.gif), just like in every other Sonic game. I'm currently on the last boss, who is surprisingly difficult to beat. In my opinion, it's one of the best Sonic games. The gameplay is very true to the original Sonic games, and has tons of new mechanics and puzzles that keep it fresh. And the visuals and sounds are awesome as well. I believe it's on sale right now, so if you're a Sonic fan I highly suggest that you get this game.

I am absolutely hooked on Bad Company 2. The campaign is... alright. I'm currently on the mission Snowblind. It's pretty obvious that the campaign took a backseat to the focus of the game which is the multiplayer. The soundtrack is pretty amazing, and the gameplay isn't too bad, but both the story and the dialogue are god awful. Multiplayer however, is one of the most fun things ever. I've decided that my place in the game is to be a Medic, and I've already unlocked tons of things for that class. The XMB LMG is my weapon of choice and I usually rank first place in the game because I heal and revive nearly everybody on my team. :(

Now I'm wondering... who should I use regularly in my party? I just finished all the quests in Lothering and am heading to Redcliffe. Right now my party consists of Leliana (rogue), Alistair (warrior), and Morrigan (mage). It's decently balanced. The really annoying thing is that Morrigan and Leliana's approval ratings always conflict. Doing something good is guaranteed to please Leliana and annoy Morrigan, and doing something slightly evil pleases Morrigan and annoys Leliana. :(

Considering that each and every character has a lot of gifts and such to gain approval with, plus personal dialogue options, that's just not a problem. In essence, each gift has a purpose for one particular character. One will like only alcohol, one will like only gems, Leliana will like only religious items and so on.

Also, if you delve into Leliana's personal questline later in the game, there's a part where you can make her less of a goody two-shoes to a far more colder variety.

As a mage, blood magic and/or mass AOE is the way to go. Especially since you can just toss an AOE ability and pick mobs off without them even getting to you, with some practice (but in my eyes, that ruins the game). Mage is by far the strongest class in that game. The lack of Stamina potions and Warrior AOE in Origins made Warriors insanely underpowered and I didn't exactly rejoice over the bow rogue option to be competitive there. Mage was just the only thing you could effectively rely on. :D

In my eyes, I'd just go 3x mages and a rogue, relying on an Arcane Warrior tank if you absolutely feel like you need a tank (you don't on Normal).

Considering that each and every character has a lot of gifts and such to gain approval with, plus personal dialogue options, that's just not a problem. In essence, each gift has a purpose for one particular character. One will like only alcohol, one will like only gems, Leliana will like only religious items and so on.

Also, if you delve into Leliana's personal questline later in the game, there's a part where you can make her less of a goody two-shoes to a far more colder variety.

As a mage, blood magic and/or mass AOE is the way to go. Especially since you can just toss an AOE ability and pick mobs off without them even getting to you, with some practice (but in my eyes, that ruins the game). Mage is by far the strongest class in that game. The lack of Stamina potions and Warrior AOE in Origins made Warriors insanely underpowered and I didn't exactly rejoice over the bow rogue option to be competitive there. Mage was just the only thing you could effectively rely on. :P

In my eyes, I'd just go 3x mages and a rogue, relying on an Arcane Warrior tank if you absolutely feel like you need a tank (you don't on Normal).

Ah, I forgot about gifts. And I would love to make Leliana less of a paragon. Also, I can't tell if she has a lisp or not. During some conversations I have with her, it definitely sounds like she has one, but at other times I can't tell. :D Although for most of the game the voice acting is pretty great.

Blood magic is definitely something I wanna go into. I remember seeing that one guy use it during the Elven Magi origin story and I thought it looked pretty great. I assume using it has some sort of stipulation that drains a bit of your health?

Anyways, I don't think I'll be playing Dragon Age for a while, as I'm going to go about two months without Xbox starting in a few days.

As a mage, blood magic and/or mass AOE is the way to go. Especially since you can just toss an AOE ability and pick mobs off without them even getting to you, with some practice (but in my eyes, that ruins the game). Mage is by far the strongest class in that game. The lack of Stamina potions and Warrior AOE in Origins made Warriors insanely underpowered and I didn't exactly rejoice over the bow rogue option to be competitive there. Mage was just the only thing you could effectively rely on. :P

Ah, I forgot about gifts. And I would love to make Leliana less of a paragon. Also, I can't tell if she has a lisp or not. During some conversations I have with her, it definitely sounds like she has one, but at other times I can't tell. :D Although for most of the game the voice acting is pretty great.

Blood magic is definitely something I wanna go into. I remember seeing that one guy use it during the Elven Magi origin story and I thought it looked pretty great. I assume using it has some sort of stipulation that drains a bit of your health?

Anyways, I don't think I'll be playing Dragon Age for a while, as I'm going to go about two months without Xbox starting in a few days.

Blood magic does cost health, but you can wear robes to reduce the cost I believe. Also, there are spells to drain health from enemies and add it to your own.

Not to mention you can just cancel Blood Magic, heal yourself, then resume.

Blood Mage, if you unlock that option, is without a doubt the strongest way to go as a mage. The shapeshifter is worthless, the Arcane Warrior... is actually kind of useful, but if you don't want to tank, that's also useless.

Okay, i'm incredibly bored having nothing to do all day - so, Reach used for £15. Should i go for it?

Okay, i'm incredibly bored having nothing to do all day - so, Reach used for £15. Should i go for it?

Yes, go for it. I've had way more fun with Reach than any other FPS.

Reach has infinite replayability with Forge. I really regret selling mine.

Reach is epic. Pretty long campaign, though. Took me ages :(

Reach has infinite replayability with Forge. I really regret selling mine.

That's like selling your soul and all your limbs to the devil.

Alright, just bought it. They said it's the only game from their Xbox that they're actually going to miss.

I have to say though, if it wasn't for being so bored that i watched all of RvB again... including the Series 8 finale, which i seemingly missed last time, i wouldn't even have considered it :(

Alright, just bought it. They said it's the only game from their Xbox that they're actually going to miss.

I have to say though, if it wasn't for being so bored that i watched all of RvB again... including the Series 8 finale, which i seemingly missed last time, i wouldn't even have considered it :D

You made the right choice. :(

If you like COD, then i'd suggest trying out Team Swat. You can kill enemies easier.

If you don't like COD, try it anyways. :P

Ha, i like COD. Doesn't mean i'm any good at it. Think i've got something like a 0.6 KD in MW2... and that's being generous :(

Welcome to Battlefield. The series where you don't get first place by stealing kills.

instead you can medic spam, yay!

i still love bfbc2 though.

Welcome to Battlefield. The series where you don't get first place by stealing kills.

At least it's helpful for the team. :(

Any kill that is made in a game where the objective is to kill the enemy is helping your team, technically.

Any kill that is made in a game where the objective is to kill the enemy is helping your team, technically.

Getting your own kills and healing people vs stealing other people's kills.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines and Privacy Policy.