Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Xaria

How To Post A Picture.

Good job keldo, you got it to work. :o

Just remember to crop your images before uploading them. If you crop off the unnecessary parts, I'm pretty sure that ImageShack won't resize it like it's doing now, and your picture will turn out the correct size.

ill try

screenshotofrunemq6.png

Umm...Xaria(or any other mod)....I have a question. I uploaded 3 images, but they come out very small......How do I make them larger? On imageshack I used the default image size, should I change it?

I think you're using the wrong code. Copy the "Direct Link to Image" code and add "[img]" to the beginning and "[/img]" to the end.

Edited by Xaria

i cant crop the picture on paint it doesnt have the crop option on my paint where u said it was

So 1on1pwnzu, are these little squares not showing for you?

screenshothelp2ue4.png

They don't show up if your image is selected, so click on another tool, like the pencil tool, and then look for them again; they should be there. Make sure you've scrolled to the very edges of the page so you can see them.

k i can do the right and bottom but i dont see blue dots on the top and left

I wouldn't worry about those; they don't really matter. Just as long as you have the one in the bottom right corner, you'll be able to adjust the size of the white area just fine.

That's pretty good, but you need to crop a bit more. See this:

screenshothelp1gz7.png

Use that Select tool to make a box around the part of the picture you want to keep (which is the Equip Your Character section). Then move that part into the top left-hand corner. Click any other tool so that no part of the image is selected, and then crop using the little square in the bottom right-hand corner, and you'll be left with a smaller image that has only the parts you want. :glasses:

Edited by Xaria

@flame8758: That's pretty good, but you need to crop it more. I'm guessing you didn't want all that extra black area? Use the select tool to move the part you want (the picture of the girl fishing) into the top left-hand corner. Then click on any other tool, then go to the sides and drag the little squares inward to crop. That will get rid of the extra black area. :)

/Users/X/Desktop/Picture 4.png
?

Remember that you need to upload it for it to work:

screenshothelp4gx1.png

The file path, which is what you have in your post, goes in that text box with the "Browse" button beside it. Then click on host it! for your image to upload. Then there will be a page of codes. Copy the Direct Link to Image code and add tags to it, like this:

[img=Direct Link to Image]

And then paste that into your post, and your picture will be posted when you add the reply. :)

EDIT @below: Great. That's perfect. :P

Edited by Xaria

Hey Xaria. I was wondering, how do you put that little border around some of the pictures you've posted?

I also wanted to tell everyone about a different way to crop pictures:

Feel free to remove this part if you think it will confuse people more than it will help. I know you're helping people who are just learning how to do it. :mellow:

1. Use the Select Tool to highlight the part of the picture you want to keep.

2. Then press "Ctrl + X". The part of the picture you want to keep should disappear. If you mess up during this step, you can press "Ctrl + Z" and try again.

3. Next press "Ctrl + E" and type: 1 *Tab Button* 1 then press Enter.

4. Next press Ctrl + V.

5. The picture may be a bit off center so use "Ctrl + A" to center the picture. You can also use the bars on the bottom and right side of the screen to do this.

Hey Xaria. I was wondering, how do you put that little border around some of the pictures you've posted?
Do you mean this type of border?
To make that, just put the text inside [p] and [/p] tags.

Thank you for posting that cropping method; I learned something new today. :cry: I added a link to your post in the guide.

Actually, maybe he meant

[p] and [/p]

tags, but border around the picture.

Example:

661r976.png

Edited by Freedom