Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Xaria

How To Post A Picture.

He did mean the [p] tags, since he was asking how to get the border around the pictures I posted, and I didn't put borders like you did on any the images in the guide. And he thanked me in PM for showing him that. :(

Edited by Xaria

cat5zn7.th.jpg
If you want the picture posted as is, without needing to click on it to enlarge it, read the last part of the uploading section again. ^_^
how do I change it so instead of clicking on the url you would click on like "My Stats" which would then take to a picture of my stats

This is the code you would use:

[url="URL of Image"]My Stats[/url]

OR, if you're using AddReply and not FastReply, you can do this:

Click this icon. rte-link-button.png

Then paste the URL of the image and click OK.

Then write in the words which will be clicked on, such as "Click Here".

Then click OK and you'll have the code. :queen:

Let me try :rolleyes:

mystatssm2.th.png

Good. Just remember that if you want the entire thing posted, do this:

Copy either the code which says "Hotlink for forums (1)" beside it, or the code which has "Direct link to image" beside it.

dltiep7.png(Thanks to Evolution for providing the image)

If you use the second way, add an "mystatssm2.png

I have made imageshack browse for my picture, I clicked upload but then i dint come up with thumbnail to forums 1 or 2. can you tell me why this has happened?

What were the dimensions of the image? Because if it's a small image, then it won't give you the thumbnail options because there's no point in making it into a thumbnail.

Edited by Xaria

How do you post picture without image shack on achievemenst?

colin10, please don't double post.

How do you post picture without image shack on achievemenst?
Well if you want to post a picture on the forums, you do need to upload it. So you either have to use ImageShack, or you can use one of the other imagehosting sites mentioned in the first post, such as tinypic.

One of my friends at school showed me how to scale an image in mspaint eariler this week so I thought I would post it here. :glasses:

Open a picture and press Ctrl + W. Type 50 into the first two boxes and click Ok. You can use Ctrl + E to check the dimensions of the image. Scaling images in mspaint is guess work so if it's still too big, do the first step again. If it's too small you can press Ctrl + Z to undo and try a different number.

Edited by Bub 5000

One of my friends at school showed me how to scale an image in mspaint eariler this week so I thought I would post it here and use it as an excuse to talk to Xaria.
:glasses:
Open a picture and press Ctrl + W. Type 50 into the first two boxes and click Ok. You can use Ctrl + E to check the dimensions of the image. Scaling images in mspaint is guess work so if it's still too big, do the first step again. If it's too small you can press Ctrl + Z to undo and try a different number.
Neat. I've added that method to the FAQs.

Guest Moneyz

dragonimphr3.th.png

yes i found a dragon imp i just cant catch it 10 hunting :D

how do you actually GET the url?kinda confusing
After you've found your image in Browse, click "host it!" and a new page will load. That page will have the URLs that you can copy into your post. :P

agh! I don't have Paint anymore

is there anywhere i can find it to download?

I think I accidentally erased it

when I was erasing programs I never use... ^_^

and it wont work with adobe photoshop...:unsure:

Okay, the first thing you should do is confirm if Paint was actually deleted or not. Check to see if it's in Start> Programs> Accessories, or try Start>Run, and type "mspaint" and click ok.

If you can't find it, then you have a few options to get it back:

• If you have another computer in your house that has Paint, you can copy it from there and put it on your computer.
  • If you have the Windows install CD, you can find it on there and re download paint.
  • You can download it from here.

I was wondering why this wasn't on here.. so I figured I'd add on that:

If you have a mac and you want to take a screenshot you can do this:

For a full screen picture: press command+shift+3 and it will be saved where you want it (for me it goes to my desktop)

For a pre-cropped picture: press command+shift+4 then a crosshairs will appear. Make a box around your target by starting in one corner and drag the box around it. As soon as you let go of the mouse button the area inside the box will be saved where you'd like it to go (again, for me it goes to my desktop). The pictures in my signature were done with this method.

If you want to upload the pictures you take merely follow the instructions that are already on here!

Edited by 6655321