Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Xaria

How To Post A Picture.

Thank you 6655321. :queen:

I was wondering why this wasn't on here.. so I figured I'd add on that:
I haven't used a Mac in years, so I had no idea to take a picture on there :queen:. This is great though, I've added that information in.

I just have a couple questions:

For a full screen picture: press command+shift+3 and it will be saved where you want it (for me it goes to my desktop)
Does something come up and ask you to specify where you want it saved?
For a pre-cropped picture: press command+shift+4 then a crosshairs will appear.
"crosshairs"? What are those?

And... could you maybe take a couple of helpful screenshots to go along with that section? :P Thanks.

Oh! I know that one! ;)

Cross hairs are the little + sign you would see in a first person shooter game. They show you where you're aiming your weapon, but in this case, you hover the cross hairs over a certain part of the screen and it only takes a screenshot of the part you want to capture. (Picture)

Edited by Bub 5000

Thank you 6655321. :blink:
I was wondering why this wasn't on here.. so I figured I'd add on that:
I haven't used a Mac in years, so I had no idea to take a picture on there :). This is great though, I've added that information in.

:blink: I helped ;)

I just have a couple questions:
For a full screen picture: press command+shift+3 and it will be saved where you want it (for me it goes to my desktop)
Does something come up and ask you to specify where you want it saved?

Umm.. it automatically saves them to the desktop. I did however find these on a Mac help site:

* Command-Shift-3: Take a screenshot of the screen, and save it as a file on the desktop

* Command-Shift-4, then select an area: Take a screenshot of an area and save it as a file on the desktop

* Command-Shift-4, then space, then click a window: Take a screenshot of a window and save it as a file on the desktop

* Command-Control-Shift-3: Take a screenshot of the screen, and save it to the clipboard

* Command-Control-Shift-4, then select an area: Take a screenshot of an area and save it to the clipboard

* Command-Control-Shift-4, then space, then click a window: Take a screenshot of a window and save it to the clipboard

For a pre-cropped picture: press command+shift+4 then a crosshairs will appear.

Uhh.. Bub got that one :)

And... could you maybe take a couple of helpful screenshots to go along with that section? :P Thanks.

Pre-cropped Picture:

picture3ow8.png

[URL=http://imageshack.us][IMG=http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/3001/picture3ow8.png][/URL]

Full screen shot:

picture4em5.png

[URL=http://imageshack.us][IMG=http://img264.imageshack.us/img264/8553/picture4em5.png][/URL]

oh, and btw, sorry for not responding! I forgot about this page for a while... Next time if you have a question and I don't answer, pm me and I will sooner :P

Edited by 6655321

Guest bluffalo

madcatvn0.jpg

just checking if it works

Edited by bluffalo

oooh :rolleyes:

nice now we can all have fun posting srceenshots (go me)

Thanks for the information 6655321. <_<

How do i get a picture at all?
What exactly do you mean? To get a picture, just have whatever you want to take the picture of open on your computer screen and then press the "Print Scrn" button and go through the guides steps to cropping and uploading it.

How do i get a picture at all?

Pressing the print screen button is kind of like pressing the copy button. When you press that button on your keyboard, it stores a copy of your text in memory, or in this case, a picture of your screen in its memory. Then when you open Paint and click paste, your computers takes the picture out of memory and display it on your screen.

Edited by Bub 5000

Hi maran03. You've done everything perfectly up until the step where you copy the code to paste into your post. Remember that you should copy the "Hotlink to forums (1)" code or else the direct link one with mystatsrn0.png

[img=http://img232.imageshack.us/img232/9357/mystatsrn0.png]

i dont have those blue dots :)
They don't appear when you have something selected. Deselect your picture and then you should be able to find them.

I just assume you're using Paint, if not I can't help.

I want to add to the Mac section that when you press Command+Shift+4, and then press backspace, you will be able to screenshot a whole window with a single click.

~Knight Haleth

Thank you Knight Haleth, I've added that information in now. :aware:

You still have some work to do godlykingofkings. You have to crop the sides of the picture to remove the white part. Press Ctrl + A and move your picture to the top left hand corner and then in the bottom right hand corner, click the little square box and move it towards the picture. It stretches the screen when the pictures are too big! :aware:

Edited by Bub 5000

For Mac's, you can now do the simple thing of activate grab (put it somewhere easy to reach in your dock), hit Cmd+shift+w, then select screen, then select rs.

Now, you can easily crop it and do whatever you want at lesiure in preview.

You will have to use preview if you want to upload it as I think the format Mac's default save it in is TIFF. I forget what exactly it was but i'm pretty sure it was TIFF, which isn't a great uploading format.

That's why you want to use preview to save and crop it as .png.

In all honesty I prefer to use Screenprint. Basically it is a program that does all of the above just in one go. Basically you have it running in the background. When you want to take a shot, press ctre/prt-scr and your screen freezes (though the action in the background will keep going. Select the area you want to save and then save to where you set your default folder. That is it. Cropping on the fly saved me time and again while taking shots when in a fight or quest...

screenprint.png

--Simple--

Including the uploading???????

Including the uploading?

That program doesn't upload them for you. You still have to do that step yourself --just follow the guide. :aware:

Edited by Bub