Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
3volution

Tower Of Life

Then you'll fix the machine but it needs calibrating then you'll be stuck with this puzzle. Pull the right lever down and turn the (1) 1st valve right until the ball blocks the whole. Then pull the left lever down and the right lever up then turn the (2) wheel left until the ball blocks the hole. Then turn the 3rd wheel right until there's another leek, then turn it left. (3) Pull the right lever down and turn the valve right until a leek appears, then turn it left. Now turn the (4) wheels right until all the water fills up.
  1. Are you sure it is right? Right didn't work: I used left.
  2. Which wheel?
  3. Which valve?
  4. All the wheels? How many?

~ Mrcsupertrain

Hmmm, thats hwo i did it :pirate2: ill just eddit to to say how to work it

Go north and the Homunculus will be there, he will say this is where the power came from for he to be created, afterr you finished speaking with him.

should be after

Then you'll fix the machine but it needs calibrating then you'll be stuck with this puzzle. Pull the right lever down and turn the (1) 1st valve right until the ball blocks the whole. Then pull the left lever down and the right lever up then turn the (2) wheel left until the ball blocks the hole. Then turn the 3rd wheel right until there's another leek, then turn it left. (3) Pull the right lever down and turn the valve right until a leek appears, then turn it left. Now turn the (4) wheels right until all the water fills up.
  2. Which wheel?
  3. Which valve?

~ Mrcsupertrain

What about my other three questions? I don’t find that paragraph specific. :P

~ Mrcsupertrain

2. Which wheel?
  3. Which valve?

~ Mrcsupertrain

~ Mrcsupertrain

Is the one now ok? I edited it with numbers

2. Which wheel?
  3. Which valve?

~ Mrcsupertrain

~ Mrcsupertrain

Is the one now ok? I edited it with numbers

No, you don’t get it. ^_^ In your paragraph you are stating to turn a wheel but you don’t tell which wheel. The numbers I had were just a way for me to show you parts that were not specific enough. I would get stuck on those parts.

~ Mrcsupertrain

Edited by Mrcsupertrain

Then it wants to break free and they wont let it your outraged. It casts a powerful spell and the alchemists and Effigy run away.
Won't let it, you are (or you're) outraged.
Now go into the tower, then exit and back to Effigy. Go back in the tower and search all of the crates that have straw on top for pieces of metal, coloured balls and some Binding Fluid. You need 4 Coloured Balls, 3 Metal Sheeting and 4 Valve Wheels.
Go into the tower then back to Effigy doesn't make sense. Once inside you can search the crates for the items, and you can go and repair the machinery: There is no need to go back to Effigy.
Then you'll fix the machine but it needs calibrating then you'll be stuck with this puzzle. Then you'll fix the machine but it needs calibrating then you'll be stuck with this puzzle.

Twice the same sentence...

You have a tendency to start every other sentence with "Now". I think you need to change that.

he will say this is where the power came from for he to be created,

Not sure but I think it should be 'him' (or her :pirate2:)

--Simple--

Edited by Simple013

You need to say when pickpocketing "The Guns" You may get a Triangle Sandwich

You need to say when pickpocketing "The Guns" You may get a Triangle Sandwich

You dont pickpocket 'The Guns' the only person you pickpocket is 'No Fingers'

(1) Pull the right lever down and turn the 1st wheel right until the ball blocks the whole.

That should be hole instead of whole :s

I've edited the map posted here to make the lines straight and more pretty along with the colours less similar and correcting the spelling of "mapeed". :)

http://img238.imageshack.us/img238/2276/cr...tioncavewf8.png

-

I'll work on making a version like in the guide (post 1) since I only noticed what was in the guide after I edited the above. :s

EDIT: http://img238.imageshack.us/img238/7329/cr...ncavenoklx4.png

Edited by Neo Avatars

turn the 1st wheel right

Acutally you turn it left. Just wanted to point that out :D.

Great guide Evolution, it's easy to use and will definitely be a good source to use for doing this quest. I was having some trouble deciding between the few guides that were written (ahh, quest updates :unsure: ), but I think that this one is the most helpful and easy to use. Nice work. :)

-Accepted-

Congratulations Evolution, and some of the guides were confusing for me too Sal after reading them after the quest but congratulations to Evolution anyway. :unsure: Glad your guide got accepted.

You should add with obtaining the worker clothes that you need to talk to each of the persons before attempting to obtain them, otherwise it won't work, specifically speaking obtaining the boots and trousers.

Unless I'm wrong. Someone wish to second this theory? :P

Some corrections I found:

Quest Start: Speak to Effigy near the tower Southeast of East Ardougne

Required Skills: 10 Construction

Required Items: A cheap beer from Yanille, a Hammer, a Saw

Quest Obtained Items: (Builders Gear) Hardhat, Shirt, Trousers, Pair Of Boots, 4 coloured balls, 3 sheets of metal and 4 valve wheels, 6 rivets, 4 metal pipes and 5 metal rings, 5 Metal Bars and 4 Bottles Of Fluid.

Reccomended Skills: A high thieving level (around 40+)

Speak to Effigy Southeast of Ardougne near the giant tower. He will tell you to speak to Bonafido, he's located just slightly Northeast.

Speak to him, when you ask to enter the tower he will say you don't look like a builder.

Then he'll eventually let you in if you have builders gear. Builders gear consists of a Hardhat, a Shirt, a pair of Trousers and Pair Of Boots. You'll have to speak to the various builders around and they all want you to do an errand for the "builders gear".

The Helmet

Speak to 'Black-Eye'. He will tell you he has a hardhat, but you must answer some questions on construction to get it. Choose these options

- 3 Nails

- Torn Curtains

- 10 Clay Pieces

He'll then let you have the hat.

The Shirt

Now speak to 'The Guns' and he'll say he's got a shirt, but needs a cheap beer from Yanille, give him the beer and he'll give you his shirt.

The Boots

To get the boots you need to Pickpocket 'No Fingers'. You may get a triangle sandwhich so just keep trying.

The Trousers

For the trousers you need to search the bushes round the back of the tower, these pictures show where to search.

If they are not in there they are in the ones slightly East.

Getting In

Now you have your outfit talk to Bonafido again, he'll ask you some questions. Use these answers.

- Tea

- Whistle for attention

- Your legs are getting a bit cold

- Carry on, it'll fix itself

Once You're In

Go in the tower and search all of the crates that have straw on top for pieces of metal, coloured balls and some Binding Fluid. You need 4 Coloured Balls, 3 Metal Sheeting and 4 Valve Wheels.

Now go upstairs and you'll find a machine, select the Fix Option.

Then you'll fix the machine but it needs calibrating. Then you'll be stuck with this puzzle.

(1) Pull the right lever down and turn the 1st wheel left until the ball blocks the hole.

(2) Then pull the left lever down and the right lever up then turn the 2nd wheel left until the ball blocks the hole.

(3) Then turn the 3rd wheel right until there's another leek, then turn it left.

(4) Pull the right lever down and turn the 4th wheel right until a leek appears, then turn it left.

(5) Now turn the wheels right until all the water fills up. You may need to change the levers to be able to turn certain wheels.

Now you need to go upstairs and do the second puzzle, to fix the machine you need 6 rivets, 4 metal pipes and 5 metal rings.

Once you fix the machine, you need to rotate the large one so it's like the one in the picture, then add the others on like so.

Now go upstairs to the 3rd floor to find a broken cage, you need 5 Metal Bars and 4 Bottles Of Fluid.

Now you have to place the bars in the right places, use the Horizontal and Vertical to get a Horizontal or Vertical pipe, Use the + and - to increase or decrease the length of the pipe, then click the "Place Bar" option, if it works it will fit onto the cage, each side has different parts missing, there are 4 sides and use the arrows to select the sides. The maximum length is 4.

Now go back to Effigy and hes delighted that you've fixed the machinery. He then goes with his two fellow companions to the top of the tower, follow them and make your way to the top.

Then they will summon with a ritual a Homunculus.

Then it wants to break free and they won't let it, you're outraged. It casts a powerful spell and the alchemists and Effigy run away.

Now you need to go back to the bottom floor of the tower and speak with Effigy again. Then Effigy begs you to go to the top of the tower and talk to the Homunculus, you eventually give in, make your way to the top of the tower. It's confused, it doesn't know whether its mind revolves around logic or magic, answers the questions and the meter at the top of the screen will follow a certain path depending on your answers.

Now go back to Effigy and the two alchemists, the homonculus will appear and scare them off, he then tells you to go into the dungeon. The dungeon is located here.

Go North and the Homunculus will be there, he will say this is where the power came from for him to be created, after you finished speaking with him.

Quest Complete!

You're awarded

2 Quest Points

1000 Construction Experience

500 Crafting Experience

500 Thieving Experience

Access to Creature Creation

Construction Outfit

The contruction outfit looks like this. It can be stored in your armour case located inside your Player-owned-house.

Creature Creation is where you collect things in the dungeon and bring them back to the homunculus, he will make a monster for you to fight, sometimes they may drop Rune and different coloured Satchels, they hold bannanas, triangle sandwhiches and whole cakes. Triangle sandwhiches can be pickpocketed by everyone outside the tower.

Edited by Bulimic Pig

Congratulations Evolution, and some of the guides were confusing for me too Sal after reading them after the quest but congratulations to Evolution anyway. :P Glad your guide got accepted.

Thanks for being a good sport Cxk. I hate having to choose one guide over another, especially when they are pretty much equally good.

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines and Privacy Policy.