Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
NJL72413

Desert Treasure Guide Re-write

i don't know how it works and i know i didn't use it! u accusing me of lieing... eesh njl real nice.

U should know how expansive my friends list is. I asked around knowing u needed to know

lol sorry. then tell me who you got the knowledge from and ask if they have a sal's account so that I can give them credit.

ty

Edited by njl72413

he dosn't have sal's

names Dunebuggy, has pm on friends so good luck adding him

Edit: GASP looked at screen and realized i typed wp! its Dunebuggy...

sry for mix up ------------- i've gotten sombody else to witness that u can use Claws on Damis

2nd Edit: 5 and a half hours later... i cross refrenced the blood diamond boss on 4 different fan site

3 were Dessous 1 was Desseus-(sal's)

so i have no REAL proof... just i'd put in Dessous over Desseus

3rd Edit: Where is your guide on the pyramid and Azzanadra? have u not began it possibly?

Edited by Valethem

I really miss my membership now... I have started Dt and looked through those azzandra mirrors or whatever they are, but not killed any of the demons yet. So, i suppose i could have given this guide lots of usefull information and pictures... :mellow:

Anyway, i must agree that this guide isn't to well written. What it needs is more commas, full stops and shorter paragraphs, and some sentences needs a total renewal.

I've also upgraded my map with the merchant and made a map of how to get to Dessous, feel free to use them:

Upgraded how-to-get-to-merchant-map, now with some information of how to use the routes and things like that, and it is within the size limit:

2d2ezk0.png

[IMG=http://i16.tinypic.com/2d2ezk0.png]

How-to-get-to-Dessous-map: (Remember to but a note below it telling that you need to complete In search of a Myreque quest to use the red route)

2wp70wy.jpg

[IMG=http://i15.tinypic.com/2wp70wy.jpg]

And btw you take screenshots by pressing a button named print screen, or sometimes prt screen. (It is to the right of f12 usally) Then, open paint and press ctrl+v.

Edited by Morty

thanks. that's y it's in the proof reading stage. i'm going through and reworking it. anyone who wants to help i would appreciate it

i know how to get my screenshots now but i need no know how to get the address for them so i can put them on here... help?

btw the Path to the Graveyard map is off. You can only get to the underground tunnel by going around the bar because bushes block the way straight from the bank...

Edited by njl72413

thanks. that's y it's in the proof reading stage. i'm going through and reworking it. anyone who wants to help i would appreciate it

i know how to get my screenshots now but i need no know how to get the address for them so i can put them on here... help?

btw the Path to the Graveyard map is off. You can only get to the underground tunnel by going around the bar because bushes block the way straight from the bank...

You need to upload it somewhere. Tinypic, Imageshack and Photobucket are great places. :mellow:

And i've changed the Dessous map thing, i haven't done that quest so i didn't know. Anyway, here it is:

2i0d4rl.jpg

[IMG=http://i17.tinypic.com/2i0d4rl.jpg]

Since i have taken up writing the maze part of the guide for njl, i need pics on all the floors of the maze, i can map out the direction... unless u want to do it :)

Guides written i just need maze map pics!

Edited by Valethem

Sorry to say but this guide is of a poor quality. Its very hard to read and there is hardly any pictures.

then don't just stand there......................................... help already? anyways i'm working on it. and wat is so poor quality about it. give me details???

Edited by njl72413

The text is bunched together and in some places you have used 'slang' or words like 'u'.

I didn't read this guide, yet I am going to comment: Why? Plain and simple: Too much text without pictures to break it. With text alone you are not writing a guide, it is just not the way to go about it: You take pictures to clarify what needs to be done in a quest.

--Simple--

have u been reading all the posts u 2? were trying to get pictures :)

+ its not even finished

Edited by Valethem

The text is bunched together and in some places you have used 'slang' or words like 'u'.

please i beg you tell where i use slang!

I didn't read this guide, yet I am going to comment: Why? Plain and simple: Too much text without pictures to break it. With text alone you are not writing a guide, it is just not the way to go about it: You take pictures to clarify what needs to be done in a quest.

--Simple--

there will be pictures if anyone actually tries to help me instead of just criticizing. i am still learning how to do pictures so the only pictures there will be are the ones people supply for me

FOR THE BILLIONTH TIME! stop criticizing and help please

Edited by njl72413

you need more pictures inside, and of the monsters that you fight during the quest, there arnt very much

It would greatly decrease the size of the map, smaller bandwidth usage...

Anyway, you should consider labeling the points, not everyone knows you can Games Necklace tele to Barbarian Assault, or take a Tree/Gnome Glider to the stronghold...

I also noticed that, so yesterday i upgraded my map with some text saying how to teleport there, and some other notes. I posted it on the previous page yesterday, but he haven't used it yet.

Here is a link to the picture if you need. :) http://i16.tinypic.com/2d2ezk0.png

Edited by Morty

thanks :) , I had added some text explaining that below it but it will be better on the map, i'll do that thanks

and if you could edit your Canifis map to show the way to the underground tunnel going around the bar that would be great. you can't go straight from the bank to the tunnel because theres bushes in the way, thanks again

also i will be adding guides for different combat styles into the guide for each boss, any advice or tips on those combat styles. i only did it one way of course so i don't have proof that any of these work so i need you to affirm that they do. thanks

Edited by njl72413

thanks :unsure: , I had added some text explaining that below it but it will be better on the map, i'll do that thanks

and if you could edit your Canifis map to show the way to the underground tunnel going around the bar that would be great. you can't go straight from the bank to the tunnel because theres bushes in the way, thanks again

also i will be adding guides for different combat styles into the guide for each boss, any advice or tips on those combat styles. i only did it one way of course so i don't have proof that any of these work so i need you to affirm that they do. thanks

You really should start reading this thread... :unsure: I posted a new map where that was fixed about 10 minutes after you first commented that... :) :xd:

Anyway, here it is again:

2i0d4rl.jpg

[IMG=http://i17.tinypic.com/2i0d4rl.jpg]

Edited by Morty

lol k tyvm

btw, srry to bother u again but could u mark out the rope bridge on the red path, thanks so much

Edited by njl72413

wow...nice amout of writing, i have already spotted a few mistakes in my split second scan through, but dont worry...if this has been done in just a few days, it looks great.

What i will do is a proofread on a word pad doc, then repaste it here with a star * signifying what to change, the passage underneath will also have the correction :xd:

This might take a couple of hours since i am doing other stuff, but i will get back to you soon, I would also suggest splitting up the paragraphs a little, they seem just a bit squashed, but that is just my thought :unsure:

=============================================================================

*ENJOY :)

TO EVERYONE! I AM NOT DOING THIS GUIDE ALONE. I want all of your opinions and help to make this the best possible guide, not just my opinion because I only did it one way, point out how things can be done better of differently and where I misspelled stuff (or used chat speak), thank you

needed- pictures, links to the quests (how do u get that to work?), any advice (TELL ME WHERE IT IS SO I CAN FIND IT, don't just tell me not to use chat speak, i want to fix it lol)

Desert Treasure

Re-Written by NJL72413 *(text and organization) and Valethem *(all unmarked pics)

Original By Jonse and Bboyjyoung

Special Thanks to Morty, Jamster

*lose the credits except at the top, they are un-nessesary,people do not really need to know what everyone did all the way through as it will detract from the overall feel... in all other guides it doesnt matter what is done, whether from all the writing or all the pics, everyone should get equal credit as it is a time thing, are you planning on adding my name to every single point where i make a suggestion or everyone spots a typo :unsure:

Quests Suggested- Enakhra's Lament (for Camulet teleportation), Heroes Quest (so you already have the Ice Gloves, and so you can recharge glories), Garden of Tranquility (link) *(Ring of Charos (a) for cheaper carpet rides), The Fued (link) (for cheaper carpet rides), Eadgar's Ruse (link) (for Trollheim teleport), Nature Spirit (link) (to get through the swamp without *loosing food to ghasts), In Search of the Myreque (link) (for a faster way to the Graveyard)

*un-nessesary bracket and a comma should be placed instead

*losing, all other instances will not be respelt, just starred

-Shanty Pass- 4+ Shantay Passes 5gp ea (this or a charged Camulet from the Enakhra's Lament quest, requires Camel dung to charge), 1+ Waterskins (4) 30 gp, Desert robes are also suggested (the top and bottom are both 40gp each) and a knife to get water for your waterskins when in the desert 6gp

-Jiminua's Jungle Store- Charcoal 67 gp, Tinder Box (or bought at any General Store 1gp), Pestle and Mortar 6gp

-Ardougne- spice 230gp (at the spice stall), cake 50gp (at the Ardougne baker stall or just steal one with 5 thieving)

-Mages Guild/Zamorak Mage- 1 blood rune up to 500gp (mage guild requires 66 magic, Zamorak Mage requires the Zamaraok Mage mini quest [link])

-Rogues Den- 25+ Lockpicks 20gp each (Martin Thwait's Lost and Found 50 Agility and Thieving required)

-Any Slayer Master- Facemask 200gp

-Burthorpe- *Climing Boots 12gp (from Tenzing west of *Burthopre), Spiked Boots (talk to Dunstan in the house with the anvil in north Burthorpe and give him your Climbing Boots and and Iron bar)

-Trader Stan's Trading Post (Catherby suggested)- Molten Glass (buy 6 soda ash 5gp each and 6 buckets of sand 5gp ea and make them into molten glass at a furnace)

-yourself- mine 6 iron ore and 12 coal ore to make 6 steel bars or buy them from another player, burn any old log to get some ashes, cut 12 magic logs or buy them from another player, kill a cow or goblin or something for 1 set of normal bones, mine some sliver ore and smelt it or buy 1 silver bar from another player, kill the Ice Queen to get the Ice Gloves (see Heroes Quest [link])

-- at this point your expenses will be about 3500 gp from buys you can make from npcs, buys from other players can vary

*climbing

*Burthorpe

Start- take a magic carpet (200gp or 100gp if you've done The Fued and only 75gp with The Fued and a Ring of Charos (a), if you haven't done The *Fued but have a Ring of Charos (a) it's 100 gp). You can't be holding anything in your weapons slot to take the carpet ride. If your inventory is full then only take one shantay pass and throw out the disclaimer so u can take off your weapon. Go to the Bedabin camp and talk to the Archeologist, if you haven't finished one of the quests then it just says he is 'lost in his thoughts'. He will tell you he thinks there's a treasure buried in the desert. He has some Etched Notes he would like you to take to Terry Balando south of the digsite at the exam center (in the west part of the exam center building directly south of the Digsite). Give the Tablet to Balando and then talk to him again and he will give you the Translated notes.

*feud

-Damis has 2 forms, use protect from melee with both. The first is easy and just drains about half your prayer at the beginning of the battle. The second can be extremely hard if you let him drain your prayer. He drains your prayer 4-6 points every time he hits (with melee attack) and he hits fast. You will need lots prayer potions and a ddp++ to poison him and Claws of Guthix is useful to drain his defense (his defense is extremely high so it is very hard to get damage off), ---------can anyone tell me how much damage Damis does (he never hit me so i don't know)-------

*split paragraph with pic of enemy, this is to make it look like the text isnt too squashed together, it breaks it up nicely and will end up looking more polished*

-Fareed does incredible melee damage (10-35) if you let him but with protect from melee he can only hurt you a little and not often with weak magic attacks ---confirm that he uses magic please---. You will want prayer potions, some food and water blast or wave or a dragon weapon/whip (water spells are quite effective on him)

*pic of enemy*

-Kamil can be hard to melee because every time he freezes you it will stop your melee attack and you will have to attack him again manually. He uses melee and ice magic that will freeze you in place, use protect from melee (if you wear mage or dragonhide armor it shoudl defelct some of hit attacks) and take food for his magic attacks. He is in an area where your stats (noncombat included) will be drained 1 or more points every 5-10 seconds. As soon as you enter the Ice area (there is snow falling around you here) this effect begins. You will need Super Restore Potions (they restore prayer 1 more prayer point than prayer potions and restore your other combat skills but not HP). You can take prayer restores if you want. Use fire blast or wave, or a dragon weapon/whip or magic bow and mithril/addy arrows if you have really good melee or range

*pic of enemy*

-Dessous uses powerful melee (about 10-16 each hit) and semipowerful range and magic attacks. The magic and range attacks will send what looks like purple bats at you that do 5 damage for each type (5 for range and 5 for magic). If you use protect from range or mage they will only do 5 damage (not 10 combined). Use protect from melee and to use Claws of Guthix or any high level magic or melee -------can anyone tell me if crumble undead effects him?------ and take good food, monkfish or better suggested to heal from this magic/range attacks

The Diamond of Shadow-

To get to Rasolo the Wandering Merchant-

*Thanks to Morty and Jamster for this pic

*remove this credit, their names are already at the top so it is un-nessesary to put names all over the guides :unsure:

Rasolo the Wandering Merchant

Then run into the big open area where Damis' first form will appear and attack you draining about half of your prayer, use protect from melee and run to the safe spot where you can just kill him in normal melee before going into safety for his second form. Once you have killed his first form he will get angry and transform into a much more powerful second form with very high defense and fast melee attacks that drain your prayer 4-6 points per hit. At this point you should be in the safe spot and he won't be able to attack you (if you poisoned him during his first form let the poison kill him so that he doesn't drain your prayer when he transforms). Now let your special meter fill up and drink prayer pots, you may have to defend yourself from bats and shadow hounds (no problem at all, *he is just annoying).

*added a comma and a couple of words

*I have split the HUGE block of text here, try to find someone with an appropriate pic to fill the gap*

Once your special meter is full get your ddp++ ready to *spec and put on protect from melee, go out and *spec Damis 4 times (you should not loose all of your prayer in this time but watch your prayer anyways, this should get him poisoned even if you don't do any damage). Wait for the poison to kill him and hit him with Claws of Guthix ---confirm that you can hit Damis from the hiding place--- while you wait for your special meter to go back up (and use prayer restores). Repeat this whenever he is only take 1-2 poison damage and try to re-poison him. Eventually he will die of poison and you should only have to use a few Prayer potions and defend yourself from bats and shadow hounds. Pick up the Diamond of Shadow once he's dead and tele out. Deposit it in the bank *asap or you may be attacked by a Stranger lvl 95 with a poisoned Dragon Dagger that may use the special on you.

*as soon as possile, younger kids may not be familiar with anagrams :mad:

*special (try not to use abbreiviations, they detract to a guide and all guides should be readable to all, from 10 years old to 60+ who might not know the slang)

Troll Throwers at Trollheim

Now go from just past the Troll Throwers along the base of the mountain and you will find a path leading to the northwest. Follow this path northwest until you come to the Troll Child. Talk to him and it just says that something sweet might calm him down. Use the cake on him (don't eat it!) and you can talk to him. He tells you his *parent were kidnapped by an evil man and if you can free them he will give you the Diamond of Ice.

*should this be parents or parent, whichever it is you will have to retake a look at the preceeding "were", if it was singular parent, change to "was"

Now go through the Ice Gate, put on protect from melee and kill 5 lvl 120-124 Ice Trolls while your stats (combat including prayer hit points and all noncombat stats too and you *rune energy will almost always be at 0) are being drained, snow is rushing around you but not enough to impair your sight. Fire magic is very effective on them. You will probably have to use a restore potion here. You will get a message that some ice has fallen off the entrance. Go to the end of this area and go through the cave you find at the southeast corner of the area. Use protect from melee to get past the Ice Wolves. At the northwest end you will come to another ice gate. Go through and in here you will fight Kamil, he will attack you like Damis did, so just keep going until he attacks you.

*run

Put Protect from melee on and start maging him (put your spell to auto). Drink restore *potion and eat food when needed. He will do damage but you should be able to kill him easily with fire magic. Once he is dead *continues on around the icy path. You will not be able to see the path at all. Have the map up with the icy path at the center.

*potions

*continue

*if there is maybe a pic you have of the map this will be a good place to show it*

*just keep clicking in the geral direction of where the path should be. Your character will automatically follow the path eve though you cannot see it. Continue clicking and moving until you come to the end. There on the east side of a small area you will find a sheet of ice that you can climb onto if you wear the Spiky Boots. Put your Spiky boots on (you can *ear them as soon as you enter the icy path) and start going around this path of ice. It will not be on the minimap. You may slip and fall several times taking 2-3 damage. Eventually after quite a while you will come to another Ice Gate, go through and continue a littel farther on the path. You will find 2 Blocks of ice with 10hp each. Mage them both (fire spell) until you have done 10 damage. The Father Troll will speak to you as soon as he comes out. Just ignore him until you have both trolls out. Once they are both out talk to the Father troll and you will be taken back down the mountain, the Troll Child will thanks you and give you the Diamond of Ice. Leave asap and bank the diamond

*capital J on the first word

*wear

Head to the Bandit Camp/Enakhra's Temple/Polnivneach and go to the Smoky Well. You must have the Facemask on. Enter and go the chest in the large area to the east but not all the way to the east.

---map of this dungeon please, or permission to use the current one---

Try to open the chest (be*ware Fire Giants) and it will give you a short message. Now go the the farthest northeast corner and light the torch, run to the southeast corner and light that torch, then the northwest one, then the south west one, drink super energy when you are under 50% energy. You will make it easily if you don't get lost. As soon as they are all lit run back *tot eh chest ad open it. If all the torches are still lit then you will me able to, if not then you will have to try again. Get the key out of the chest and go to the gate into the area where Fareed is. Put on protect from melee and enter. Fareed will attack you (doing little damage, he uses magic but not often and it's not powerful). Just mage him with water spells until he is dead. It will not take long. Pick up the Diamond of Smoke and bank it *asap.

*beware-take out the space

*to the

Do the same as normal but get the key first and then go back to refill for the fight. Before you enter the gate drink your prayer *pot and make sure your energy is at full ad you health is at full and that you have water wave set to autocast (if you are taking a staff). As soon as you enter run north/south away from Fareed (he may *stil hit you this first time). once your out of his range water wave him, eat if you need to and run around Fareed to the north and mage him again. Mage him as often as possible between eating. He can do up to 35 damage!

*a pic of the possible damage might be good, or just a fight scece, it will split up the text again and help to convey the urgency or danger*

Just keep this going staying as far away from Fareed as possible and still maging him. You will be hitting (with magic at 70 potted) 10+ pretty much each time. Pick up the Diamond once he's dead and home *tele out (make sure *u haven't used it lately...) and bank *asap. -You can also try snaring/entangling him and maging him, but I have not seen this method so I cannot promise it will work.

*potion-not really nessesary, but looks better

*still

*teleport

*you

The Diamond of Blood-

Pot of Blood- you will need 1 silver bar, some spices, and garlic. Take the silver bar to Draynor, go to just west of the jail and go down into the sewer, head north until you come to a room with an anvil. Talk to Ruantun in the room and he will make you a silver pot. Now go to Entrana (remember, no weapons or armor at all) and have the high priest and the church bless your *sliver pot. Go back to Malak with some spices and garlic. He will do 5 damage to you and fill the pot with blood (make sure you have more than 5 hp...). Now just add the spices and garlic to the Pot of Blood.

*silver

How to get to the graveyard, *Thanks to Morty-delete this*

Dessous tomb in the graveyard

Now get your battle gear and go to the grave yard. Once there drink any boosters you brought if any, put on protect from melee and use the pot of blood on the tomb. It will open up and Dessous will appear and attack you, he switches off between summoning bats (mage and range attack) and melee which if much more powerful. Don't move around *but just attack him (Claws of Guthix recommended). Eat when needed and drink *prayer restore when needed. He will die quickly. Once he is dead go back to Malak and get the Diamond of Blood and bank it.

*added the word but

*prayer and restore potions

Withdraw the 4 Diamonds and get your food, energy potions, and anti poisons and head to Eblis. Talk to him and then go to the Pyramid (marked out of the RS map as Pyramid south of Eblis and east of Enakhra's Temple). *THere are 2 Sphinx statues in front of the Pyramid. Place each of the gems on the correct obelisk (smoke and shadow may be confusing but just try them both if one doesn't work).

*pic here showing obelisks if possible*

When all 4 obelisks are pulsing with colored light head to the top of the pyramid go through the doors and down the ladder. Each ladder is a safe point so stop there to drink energy/prayer potions and eat food. ---someone please map the dungeon and the way to get through it--- This is a dangerous place and you may fall down a trap door completely randomly and be taken back outside the pyramid. Keep run on all the time and try to only stop at each ladder. You will be attacked by mummies that wander the pyramid ad can do up to 13 damage but often just hit 0. Also, randomly, a scarab may appear in front of you and attack you, this may poison you and it also stops you from moving so if this happens move your character again. If you are poisoned then drink your antipoison and keep running. Once you have made it all the way to the bottom Azzanadra is in a chamber behind a door that is not marked on the map. Open the door and you are safe (scarabs may appear in here). Talk to Azzanadra and you will be granted the use of ancient magics and switch your magic book to Ancients. Quest done!

Back entrance to the Alter after quest done

The Altar to switch between normal and Ancient magics

Reward-

-3 quest points

-20,000 magic XP

-ability to use and switch from normal to Ancient magics and back at the alter in Azzanadra's pyramid (Azzanadra opens up a tunnel so that you can enter without having to come all the way down again)

-the Ring of Visibility (lets you do the Ghostly robes miniquest, which once finished lets you do the Shadow Sword miniquest, and lets you enter Damis' Layer)

-ability to wield the Ancient Staff (autocasts Ancients) and buy your first one from Eblis after completing the quest for 80,000gp and get them as drops from the mummies in Azzanadra's Pyramid if you *loose yours

Ah well, I hope my space proofread will help you, I do have a further suggestion, in the list of recommended inventories, have all items first letter capitalised, it is looking odd when you have some capitalised and some not all jumbled together, it will not take all that long to fix at all :D

9/10 for effort :D

Edited by Sparhawke

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines and Privacy Policy.