Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
NJL72413

Desert Treasure Guide Re-write

I tryed several colours and i think light green was the best colour. Anyway, here are two maps with different text coulors:

Blue text picture

[IMG=http://i16.tinypic.com/3yxltfr.png]

Red text pixture

[IMG=http://i10.tinypic.com/4g84a6u.png]

Also, i couldn't resist fixing that picture of the ice troll familiy. :P (It became kinda wierd but i hope it'll work)

Old picture: ---------------------------------------- New picture:

07feb27124408rh0.jpg34y2w3k.png

[IMG=http://i9.tinypic.com/34y2w3k.png]

Edited by Morty

again, Morty saves the day :P

everyone, pls choose the map you prefer and post here which color you think is best

Edited by njl72413

I don't know, it's still a bit messy and you need way more images. Also, don't put 'I don't know' in your guide, but instead, but everything you doubt under the guide, that makes it more clear. :P

the guide isn't finished. it's not going to have any doubt in it if i can help it! theres only one place where i put that and i am trying to find out so that i don't doubt.

any useful helpful comments about whats going to be in the finished guide??

we'd have to ask the original writers of the guide and i tried looking them up. they must have changed their names or left sals cause i could not find them. we could ask sal if he thinks its ok.

i pmed sal so we'll see wat happens

Edited by njl72413

As the text on the map is so hard to read i have decided to take it upon myself to play around with the colours, alas I also have the same problem in any colour, the text is either too small for clarity, or too big with makes it look messy, to this end i have just decided to use numbers, which is far easier to read when all is said and done :aware:

DTmap.png

1 Shanty Pass & Magic Carpet To Pollnivneach

2 Fairy Ring BIQ

3 Asgarnia the Archaeologist & Magic Carpet Station

4 Eblis & Gilded Cross Chest

5 Magic Mirrors

6 Camulet Necklace Teleport Respawn

7 Pyramid Of Azzanadra

8 Magic Carpet Station

9 Smokey Well

10 Magic Carpet Station

11 Fairy Ring DLQ

12 Magic Carpet Station

Edited by Sparhawke

Thats bmp :evil: or jpg

why dont you try right clicking my map and reading the properties?:aware:

by the way, the problem is with the reading of the map, your retouching the text colour does nothing to help because that was tried once :aware:

Edited by Sparhawke

sorry sparhawke but your pic is quite a bit grittier looking. if you could number a map that wasn't gritty like that it would be great but right now it just looks bad

I am not sure what you mean, they are exact copies, take from the official site, i cropped mine in irfanview and then added the numbers in paint, do you mean the edges on the numbers are too severe?

if not then i am at a loss at what you are talking about lol

it looks like your version was sandpapered before you posted or somehow to changed to a lower color quality that warped and became less fine.

campare your pic to evolutions or mortys

yea. morty? lol would u do that?

Edited by njl72413

lol...I cant figure it out, they look exactly the same to me, but this is what needs to be done, can someone who doesnt get that sand-blasted effect add numbers to the map? it will make it many times easier to read than that tiny print :)

lol...I cant figure it out, they look exactly the same to me, but this is what needs to be done, can someone who doesnt get that sand-blasted effect add numbers to the map? it will make it many times easier to read than that tiny print :o

What you have done is saving them wrong. You need to save them as PNG. :rolleyes:

Thats bmp :D or jpg

why dont you try right clicking my map and reading the properties?:rolleyes:

by the way, the problem is with the reading of the map, your retouching the text colour does nothing to help because that was tried once :o

That doesnt look like a .PNG image at 1st :D something wrong with imagehoster?

actually i copied that image he made and saved it to my computer and it saved it as png. i don't know if that means anything but it still needs to be fixed lol.

I actually did use irfanview, however it is possible that paint messed it up, anyway...it is far easier to use now ^_^

I have done a final spell check tonight, all sorted :D

=========================

Suggested items if money is tight- 30+ Prayer Potions (4); 5+ Normal Restores (4); 4+ Anti Poisons (4); Candy/Strange Fruit/etc; Lots of Runes for Fire, Water, and Air Blast or Wave; ddp++; one Amulet of Glory (and Heroes Quest done); Lobsters or Monkfish; Wizard or Monk Robes; *The best age armor you can get

*The best age armour?

-Damis has 2 forms, use protect from melee with both. The first form (Level 103) is easy and just drains about half your prayer at the beginning of the battle. The second form (Level 174) can be extremely hard if you let him drain your prayer. He drains your prayer 4-6 points every time he hits (with melee attack) and he hits fast and up to 28+ damage. You will need lots Prayer Potions and a ddp++ to poison him. Claws of Guthix is useful to drain his defense and Earth Blast/Wave is also effective against him. His defense is extremely high so it is very hard to get melee damage off. You can use a safe spot northwest of where he attacks you (it is still in multi combat area) to hide and eat. You cannot safely use Magic, Range or a Halberd from this spot, when you do you will automatically walk to where Damis can attack you and most likely take damage and *loose prayer points from his attack.

*lose

-Fareed (Level 169) does incredible melee damage if you let him but not if you use Protect from Melee. He can do up to 43+ damage if you don't have Protect on! He rarely uses a weak magic attack that seems similar to Flames of Zamorak (which can do up to 20-30 damage and drain your strength level ---please confirm that he can hit up to 20-30 and that he does drain your strength with this---) but the attack he uses rarely *dose any damage and it is unconfirmed whether it drains any stats or not. He has medium HP, a few good Water Waves will finish him off. You will want Prayer Potions, some food and Water Blast or Wave; a Dragon Weapon/Abyssal Whip; or a Magic Short Bow with Addy/Rune P++ arrows or better.

*does

You will not be able to see the path at all. Have the map up with the icy path at the center. Just keep clicking in the general direction of where the path should be. Your character will automatically follow the path *eve though you cannot see it. Continue clicking and moving until you come to the end. There on the east side of a small area you will find a sheet of ice that you can climb onto if you wear the Spiky Boots. Put your Spiky boots on (you can wear them as soon as you enter the icy path) and start going around this path of ice.

*even

Items-

3-5 Super Energy Potions (4)

3-5 Prayer Potions (4)

Air or Water Runes (depending on which staff you take)

Death or Blood runes (depending on if you can use Water Wave)

Food, Lobster or better

1 Waterskin (4) should tide you over

1 Tinder Box

1 Shanty Pass (unless you use the Camulet), don't forget to throw out your disclaimer and unequip your weapon for the Carpet Ride

1 Click Teleport (Teleportation Tablet, *Ectofial, etc)

*Ectophial

Head to the Bandit Camp/Enakhra's *Temple/Polnivneach and go to the Smoky Well. You must have the Facemask on. Enter and go the chest in the large area to the east but not all the way to the east. Try to open the chest (beware Fire Giants) and it will give you a short message. Now go the the farthest northeast corner and light the torch, run to the southeast corner and light that torch, then the northwest one, then the south west one, drink super energy when you are under 50% energy. You will make it easily if you don't get lost. As soon as they are all lit run back to the chest and open it. If all the torches are still lit then you will me able to, if not then you will have to try again.

*Pollnivneach

Magic- For Magic Pures- 65+ Magic (79+ for Entangle)

Armor- (picture if someone could provide one please)-

Helm- Facemask --- You must wear this to survive in this dungeon

Cape- God Cape

Amulet- Magic if you are willing to risk it

Arrows- N/A

Weapon- Air/Water staff- If you are willing to risk it, not required

Body- Monk or Wizard robes

Shield- Holy/Unholy Book or Book of Balance

Legs- Monk or Wizard Robes

Gloves- Any gloves are willing to risk dying with and don't take *form your magic stats

Boots- Any boots are willing to risk dying with and don't take *form your magic stats

Ring- Life

*from

Do the same as normal but get the key first and then go back to refill for the fight. Before you enter the gate drink your magic potion and make sure your energy is at full and *you health is at full and that you have Water Wave set to autocast (if you are taking a staff). As soon as you enter run north/south away from Fareed (he may still hit you this first time). once your out of his range water wave him (autocast can be useful but it you do it manually you don't have to right click on Fareed to attack him), eat if you need to and run around Fareed to the north and mage him again. Mage him as often as possible between eating. He can do up to 43 damage! And he may be able to do more than that.

*your

Items-

Pot of Blood (explained later)

Druid Pouches (10+ recommended, only available if you have done Nature Spirit)

1 or more Prayer Potions (4)

Fill the rest of your inventory with food, Lobster or better (if you haven't done In Aid of the Myreque then have a friend how has go to the graveyard and trade you food)

Super Super Attack, Strength, and *Defense Potions, Magic or Range potions are optional

*Defence

Go to Canifis (*ectofial is useful here) and talk to Malak. It will show a cutscene with Malak asking for the blood tax. He says he wants to talk to you so talk to him as soon as the cutscene is over. He will tell you that if you kill Lord Dessous he will give you the Diamond of Blood, talk to him about how to kill Dessous and he says that you will need to make this-

*ectophial

Reward-

-3 Quest Points

-20,000 Magic XP

-Ability to use and switch from normal to Ancient magics and back at the alter in Azzanadra's pyramid (Azzanadra opens up a tunnel so that you can enter without having to come all the way down again)

-The Ring of Visibility (lets you do the Ghostly robes miniquest, which once finished lets you do the Shadow Sword miniquest, and lets you enter Damis' Layer)

-Ability to wield the Ancient Staff (autocasts Ancients) and buy your first one from Eblis after completing the quest for 80,000gp and get them as drops from the mummies in Azzanadra's Pyramid if you *loose yours. You can also buy another staff from another player and wield it once you have finished the quest, they are tradeable

*lose

-

-

-

---

-

-

-

this should help with adding quest links, i cant do it myself for you as it would not work

http://runescape.salmoneus.net/forums/inde...=118848&hl=

Edited by Sparhawke

thanks for all the time u've spenton this sparhawke

several of my pictures are gone! it shows the code for them in the editing screen but they don't load on the normal screen

i got the links done thoguh =)

Edited by njl72413

i think its better to have guide for one of the hardest quests written by good writers than someone who is new to this and uses chat English for a guide. no offence, but i doubt uve done the quest because u r not sure about a lot of stuff.

u basicly made this guide to have written ur name on sal's realm and fear boredom, but not because it would be better..

That was really mean. This guide is actually a very accurate guide. I think this guide has needed a re write for awhile.

Edited by Gravedigg154

thank you.

any helpful advice by the way?

km0n pplz! h3lp w1th th3 g(_)1d3 4lr31[)y!

Edited by njl72413

i like this guide- it has more simple, yet discriptive language, and i prefer the screenshots than the older guide. Maybe a couple additions to it, and it will be perfect!

I would go as far to say this guide is now complete...and it is one of the most detail quest guides i have ever seen, well done :D

I would go as far to say this guide is now complete...and it is one of the most detail quest guides i have ever seen, well done ;)

It still needs all of those inventory pics, i think i can fake some but not all. Some more pics from during the quest wouldn't hurt ether. And I think this might be the 3rd most detalied guide on sal's ever, that Lunar Diplomacy and the runecrafting help guide is still ahead. :P We gonna beat them! :P :P :P :P

Edited by Morty

Some of these pics can be added at a later time, the one when one of the monsters is hitting 30+ is going to be a rare one to find because when people get hit that much the last thing on their mind is getting a screenie for a guide, are you expecting this to be in the WIP stages forever?

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines and Privacy Policy.