Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
NJL72413

Desert Treasure Guide Re-write

i doubt that. each site ive gone to said they did and i went through on the first time so i doubt the traps are not random. if you can get several other people to corroborate that then ill believe it.

hey morty... could i have the link to the new pic you made, the one without chat and stuff pls, ty

If you quote someones post you'll see the image code. :rolleyes:

Anyway:

[img=http://i16.tinypic.com/30w80ld.png]

Edited by Morty

If you quote someones post you'll see the image

Really? i never knew that, anyways TY

Edited by Valethem

I have some pic's that might help. I sure hope they can get in the guide. Here is the inventory pic of the poison method for the dimond of smoke.

invpicna7.png

And here is the equipment stats and pic for the same method.

charpicux7.png

pics in, some of the pics are not working though! these are pics that have worked before but no longer do! help!

Edited by njl72413

When i fought Kamil, i wore full red dragonhide and used protect from melee. Because the dragonhide splashes the magic (most the time) and the prayer protectss me. I have to admit, when i wore full prosolyte in the quest.... well, he easily beat me, and quickly too :/. So mabey the dragonhide method will work better for other people? And why not rings of life? If it wasn't for the ring of life i would of most likely died to Kamil :). I'll get some equipment pictures, but if you don't want to use them, then thats quit all right :unsure:.

Oh and i noticed that glory was in the guide also, mabey you should change it to amulet of glory? And same with addy boots, switch em to adamant boots.

edit: oh sorry, didn't notice you mentioned dragonhide :D.

---

Kamil, Magic Equipment:

deserttreasuremagicequinl1.png

http://img175.imageshack.us/img175/3686/deserttreasuremagicequinl1.png

Kamil, Melee Equipment (Your specifications):

deserttreasuremeleeequiny6.png

http://img87.imageshack.us/img87/3106/deserttreasuremeleeequiny6.png

Kamil, Melee Equipment (dragonhide):

deserttreasuremeleeequign1.png

http://img87.imageshack.us/img87/9443/deserttreasuremeleeequign1.png

Edited by Ancient Cavalry

Yep Hmm I did desert treasure about half a year ago on my other acc. >_> I always wanted to do it but nowadays I harly ever use my ancient mage =\

Lunar armor has only around half the mage att bonus of what mystic has, yet i must say it has lots of melee, range armor bonuses

Lunar armor has only around half the mage att bonus of what mystic has, yet i must say it has lots of melee, range armor bonuses

True, but you need 65 magic to wear the armour in the first place, so your spells should be pretty acurate by that time :P. But actually, lunar gives no ranged bonus other then the cape, if my knowledge is correct :mellow:.

yea, i would not suggest using melee for any of the bosses except Damis and i used mystic which has good magic defense, melee armor just doesn't cut it. the friend (Valethem) who did it with me almost died a couple times and he used melee, i didn't ever get dangerously close to dying unless i lagged and i beat all the bosses on the first try.

ty for the pics

the only use i have for ancients is to do barrows. otherwise it's only use is PKing or runecrafting if u do the abyss, i guess it's not to bad but i'd prefer using glories lol.

(srry about the fried part... i fixed it...)

Edited by njl72413

your fried valethem? since when was a fried? rofl i didn't come to close to dieing only like 1hp 30 or somthing. ya but keep in mind i wasn't the best meleer out there so its still not the worst idea. i did survive after all!

Here's another picture...

For infiltrating the pyramid:

dtpyramidequipmentrp1.png

http://img87.imageshack.us/img87/3263/dtpyramidequipmentrp1.png

nobody does magic that would be a bad choice of armor if it was worse then black d'hide + there is no need for a weapon as u will not being attacking (even if the weapon gives a slight defence bonus having less weight helps overall in avoiding losing health because you'll finish sooner!)

but ty

Edited by Valethem

nobody does magic that would be a bad choice of armor + there is no need for a weapon

but ty

That is actully a good armour, it gives a reasonable melee def bonus and it's light. Also a dragon scimmy adds a tiny defence bonus too, so it's not completely useless. :aware:

all of mine are and i think most of the other ones are too... but that map needs help lol

also, on the Azzanadra part... it doesn't matter what you use. wear wat you will, i just suggested wat i would use.

Nice this guide will help my level73 friend hopefully.If I can get pics of him doing dt it would be great.I will be doing it as soon as I get Temple of Ikov done >.<

One of my other friend's who is balanced and is a MASTER at quest's did DT at 51 combat.Well some of it.He got ghostly at 51.He finished at 61 combat lol,and did hero's quest and lost city at 58 combat.And finished d slayer even earlier. <_< That friend is now level113. :mad: Well enough of him;

You should say which boss is the hardest which is Kamil and the Ice Diamond.The easiest is the Fire dude.

theres no reason it shouldn't ;}

thanks guys. the guide will be done in a few weeks lol... unless we get some more help lol. i'll be adding lots of new pics soon.

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines and Privacy Policy.