Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
NJL72413

Desert Treasure Guide Re-write

And i noticed you put a variation of melee for fighting kamil in the ranged spot :yay: .

deserttreasurerangedequxp9.png

http://img206.imageshack.us/img206/7307/deserttreasurerangedequxp9.png

Mabey this will be a better ranged idea :D?

You could put the old picture in with the melee equipment or something, or just get rid of it all together.

Edit: yes i forgot the code, don't laugh at me :D.

Edited by Ancient Cavalry

it's ready to submit... did i really do all that work for nothing?
No you didn't, but... I would suggest you take a look on the site at all the other quest guides. You really need to change the lay-out of it: Colors are not used on the site. The same with the ====== you use in close to every section. There is too much bolded text. Split large blocks of text into more readable paragraphs.

Try to find a way to break up those big blocks of text with pictures that matter.

A few other things: In one of the pictures you mention banking at Rogues Den: The name of the NPC that functions as a bank is Emerald Benedict. When ranging use the Fremennik archer helmet: it gives a range bonus where the helmet you suggest doesn't.

The last thing is this: You talk about submitted, this already is submitted as it is in that section of this forum, it is not yet accepted. :king:

--Simple--

Thank you! Good useful advice! That's what I love, TYVM!

ok, i'll work on the whole color thing. that can be fixed if Sal can put some links to the different parts, otherwise it's a huge guide to scroll through and look for info (like if you have started the quest and gotten to a certain point then quit and want to start again). I can change that and all but it really does need links.

It's just a such a huge guide lol, but i'll try and spilt it up more. THANK YOU!

SUBMITTED, now it just needs accepted lol =)

I can change that and all but it really does need links.
Which is basically why I told you to take a look at guides already there: Make a section at the top where you decide where to link to and give it a title. Hm, better to explain by example. Look here: http://runescape.salmoneus.net/forums/inde...showtopic=60419 and here: http://runescape.salmoneus.net/ranging_help.html. You need to tell where to link to, that is all there is to it.

--Simple--

As I and everyone else have said a million times, it should have more pictures, and i think i can maybe can get you some. My friend is gonna do desert treasure soon, and he, well... Isn't very good at questing, so im going to help him. And if we do that on my computer then im going to take loads of pictures. I've downloaded this great program that let me take pictures without being disturbed, so it won't make me die or something. :D

I'll also reupload those pictures uploaded at tinypic at imageshack soon. :(

Edited by Morty

yea the more pics the merrier!

and i thin that it's pretty clear where i want the links to go. it's like in each of the skill guides where it takes to a different part of the page. that's y i want links to all the big parts so you don't have to look through the whoel thing to find out how to kill fareed or how to get through the Pyramid or what items you need.

like this

Link 1-

Link 2-

Link 3-

page

Link 1

tons of text and pics for a while then

Link 2

ditto

Link 3

etc.

=)

Lol maybe Sal or someone incharge could tell us what we need to do to get it accepted...

It usually takes a few days or sometimes a week before it gets moved to accepted content, and for a rewrite that isn't really urgent to get on the site, (Not that mit's not needed) it will probably stay on the accepted forum a few more weeks or even a month before it finally gets on the site. But the longer the guides stays on the forum and easily can be edited, the better. :(

And Njl, you should read through the whole thread to find out if some people that aren't on special thanks should be there, because i find it wierd that we have nearly 200 posts and only 3 contributors. Remember, even the smallest contribution, like pointing out a single spelling mistake or just give a tiny little picture, is enough to be listed there. :(

Edited by Morty

And shouldn't Neo Avatar be thanked too because he used on of the pictures he/she made? And i'll check to see if i can supply more pictures... and is the ranged equipment i suggested good? Or something else you had in mind?

Time to butt in again: The short version is, ehm, not good. Better take a look at Fremennik Isles and Another slice of H.A.M what I mean. What you do is to do a, b, c, d, at step 1 then e, f, g at step 2. It should be do 1 then 2 then 3 then 4 and so on...

--Simple--

Pretty good guide, wish I used this one instead of using Earth Spells on Blood or sth like that :holiday:

But, at the table of content, you might aswell put (eg.):

- Damis and the Diamond of Shadow

Instead of:

The Diamond of Shadow and Damis

It looks like the diamond is called Diamond of Shadow and Damis :D

~ Macki

And shouldn't Neo Avatar be thanked too because he used on of the pictures he/she made? And i'll check to see if i can supply more pictures... and is the ranged equipment i suggested good? Or something else you had in mind?

i'm going to add a lot of ppl who contributed to the list soon

Time to butt in again: The short version is, ehm, not good. Better take a look at Fremennik Isles and Another slice of H.A.M what I mean. What you do is to do a, b, c, d, at step 1 then e, f, g at step 2. It should be do 1 then 2 then 3 then 4 and so on...

--Simple--

i don't see exactly how you mean... but i'll look at the other guides with short versions, thanks again. and it's not 'buttying in' lol, it's good helpful advice =)

BTW- does the short version look better now?

and would someone please make this pic transparent

azzanadradc1.png

Edited by njl72413

--Simple--

1st off, i don't see any point in insulting us "see first sentence" since your supposed to be "helping" not "tearing down"

2nd off i looked at both your guides... it usually helps when there are steps or a table of contents... none of your examples had them, infact those guides were kinda.. sloppy =/... oh no don't meen to butt in :wub:

Edited by Valethem

A transparent picture of Azzandra: :wub:

azzandrayb2.gif

[URL=http://imageshack.us][IMG=http://img87.imageshack.us/img87/4574/azzandrayb2.gif][/URL]

Edited by Morty

One other thing:

I had desert clothes, spotted cape and boots of lightness while doing the Pyramid..I never fell and I doubt I was more than 0kg!

~ Macki

chance something.

with the guilded cross chest i failed after about 50 lock picks adn then i drank a bandits brew which put me to 54/53 theiving and i got it straight away, so theiving booting items like bandits brew (650gp from banit camp pub) or squ'irk juices will help alot on the chest.

Edited by Jg9345

chance something.

with the guilded cross chest i failed after about 50 lock picks adn then i drank a bandits brew which put me to 54/53 theiving and i got it straight away, so theiving booting items like bandits brew (650gp from banit camp pub) or squ'irk juices will help alot on the chest.

I had a similar experience: I had failed around 30 times, i drank a super-antipoison potion, and Bam! I successed at first attempt. Bug perhaps, or just pure luck? :thumbup:

lol i had 53 thieving and did it in 3 tries... guess i'm just uber lucky...

I 2nd that!!!

FTW 200th post!! woot!

Edited by Valethem

lol, i sent Sal a pm and he said he looked over this and he's going to ad it soon WOOT!

next i'm might work on a Jiggig guide. (Zogre/Skogre killing, range and prayer xp)

Right, this guide has all the content one could ask for. Written in hindsight that is the obvious way it would turn out. But as a quest guide I don't think it is very good. When people start a quest they want to read what to do next and the easiest way of doing it.

The options you give are so numerous it all ends up in a big database on Desert Treasure. I don't think that is the way a guide should be written. But that is just me. If it ends up on the site, good on you. As a quest DT isn't hard, even when doing it without a guide. A semi pure mage with 20 def can do it without any problem at all.

The basic thing people need to know at the start of the quest is this: Magic is the best way to finish this quest. And the guide should reflect that, guiding the quester through the pitfalls this quest offers.

Ah well, just me ranting about guides again.

--Simple--

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines and Privacy Policy.