Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Sam Boyz

God Vs. Atheism

I think there's a sect called 'Christian'.

Nonsense.

Christian is just a generic term for every religion that believes in Jesus Christ.

What I dislike about catholicism is the excessive symbolism behind it... How will not eating meat, but eating fish, help me unto heaven? Religions are rarely pure nowadays, I strongly suggest finding the purity of your religion...

(So it's ok for Jews and Christians to drink alcohol, but the key is, it's never ok to drink it so much you get drunk, because all that does is lead to sin.)

"The first bottle leads to the second, the second leads to the third.... etc."

Nonsense.

Christian is just a generic term for every religion that believes in Jesus Christ.

What I dislike about catholicism is the excessive symbolism behind it... How will not eating meat, but eating fish, help me unto heaven? Religions are rarely pure nowadays, I strongly suggest finding the purity of your religion...

I think there really is a purist Christian sect called Christianism.

The same things that you find trouble with religion, I do as well. You should convert to Lilshuism. :pirate2:

Nah, Christianism is a generic term.

As for Lilshuism, I want to know more... :/

Yes, and also forbidden to drink alcohol.
But bacon is delicious ... * drools *

The same things that you find trouble with religion, I do as well. You should convert to Lilshuism.
That kind of religion would make more questions than answers, I don't particularly like it because it implies that followers are supposed to be comtempt with not knowing.

I think there's a sect called 'Christian'.

Nonsense.

That's what I thought, but everyone says there is. Can someone give me a link to it?

I think not eating meat symbolizes Jesus' 40 days in the desert and that Christian followers are actually devoted to God.

Edit: Above^ I assume we believe because Jesus himself picked these men to be his disciples. I wouldn't expect hand-picked followers of God to lie.

Edited by Vogrinjr

I am going back to my original stand that Christian is an umbrella term now. Maybe some religion say they are the true form of Christianity but none called Christianism.

Edited by Vogrinjr

All these prophets who have written down the Books of the Bible and the Qur'an- are they making this stuff up? How do we actually know what they have written is true? And, how do we know that what we have today is actually what they said/wrote in the first copy?

How could Muhammad have known and prophecized things that would happen afterwards?

apparently christians are anti alchohol, although I don't think many are actually.

Jesus told us to drink wine in rememberance of him.

Obviously not anti-alcohol. Just not in excess.

Also, if people have questions about christianity, check out Dissentor's blog on here, it's turned into a christian group and I'm sure anyone there would be happy to answer any questions.

Have We not made the earth as a cradle and the mountains as pegs?

Recent studies have shown that mountains have deep roots that go way into the Earth.

How could Muhammad have known that?

Edited by Sam Boyz

You go to work on a Saturday?

By assuming that something as big as mountains have a very extensive base.
He didn't have a research party to help him dig to prove that point while being harrassed by Meccans.

This is an article from Answers.com proving Qur'an is divine:

The Qur'an claims that it has been created in miraculous way as a revelation from Allah (God), as a perfect copy of what was written in heaven and existed there from all eternity. Therefore the verses of the book are referred to as ayat, which also means "a miracle" in the Arabic language. The book also records other miraculous events which happened or are about to happen, most notably the divine judgement of souls of dead people and their heavenly rewards or suffering in hell. The Qur'an also states miracles about the Prophets of Islam, for example the parting of the Red Sea as Moses and the Israelites fled from slavery in Egypt (20:77, 26:63, 44:23-24) and the birth of Jesus from a virginal mother(3:47, 4:156, 19:20, 21:91, 66:12).

Divine origin

Muslims consider the Qur'an as the word of God and a miracle. In the Quran, it is claimed that Muhammed was illiterate and neither read a book nor wrote a book (7:157, 29:48) and that he did not know about past events (3:44, 11:49, 28:44).[ Some scholars argue that Muhammad was influenced by older Jewish and Christian traditions, and included the wonders known from the Bible into the Quran. Although the Qur'ān itself confirms the similarity between it and the former books (the Torah and the Gospel) 3:3, it tells that:

"We know indeed that they say, 'It is a man that teaches him.' The tongue of him they wickedly point to is notably foreign, while this is Arabic, pure and clear." 16:103

The Quran also shows that the rejection of its alleged divine origin was present in the lifetime of Muhammad:

"And those who disbelieve say: This (Quran) is nothing but a lie which he has forged, and other people have helped him at it; so indeed they have done injustice and (uttered) a falsehood. And they say: The stories of the ancients-- he has got them written-- so these are read out to him morning and evening. Say: He has revealed it Who knows the secret in the heavens and the earth; surely He is ever Forgiving, Merciful." 25:4-6.

Some critics have stated that the claim about Muhammad's illiteracy is based on weak traditions and that it is not convincing. Yet, it is argued, in the Qur'an, that it is impossible for a human to produce a book like it without the aid of God:[original research?]

“This Qur'an is not such as can be produced by other than God; on the contrary it is a confirmation of (revelations) that went before it, and a fuller explanation of the Book - wherein there is no doubt - from the Lord of the worlds. Or do they say, "He forged it"? say: "Bring then a Sura like unto it, and call (to your aid) anyone you can besides God, if it be ye speak the truth!" 10:37-38

In another verse, a similar challange to the disbelievers is mentioned:

"Say: Then bring some (other) book from God which is a better guide than God's Book, (that) I may follow it, if you are truthful." 28:49

Edited by Sam Boyz

Sam Boyz: I see 0 proof there.

All I see is whats written in 1 book.

Guess what 1 source isn't enough to prove something as fact. Most scientific and historical events that have been proven as a fact have had multiple sources pointing to them.

It is entirely possible for someone to write a book like the Bible or whatever considering the amount of religious books out there if one of those author's instead of making 2-3 books put all his effort into 1 he could surely make a book like that.

if you have any personal strength, that will not happen...

Ever been to a bar? Go there and see what happens.

Lol, no, and I know you haven't either. :P

Lilshuism is what someone referred to our thoughts that there is indeed a God, but he does not interact with humanity.

Hmm... I think exactly what Lilshuism thinks... I am a lilshuist now :aware: . ;)

Oh, and prohibiting alcoholism because it could lead to violence makes as much sense as banning religion cause it could lead to terrorism. Let alcoholism and all that stuff be, just try to concientise so it doesn't become something bad for others beside you.

It is entirely possible for someone to write a book like the Bible or whatever considering the amount of religious books out there if one of those author's instead of making 2-3 books put all his effort into 1 he could surely make a book like that.

The Bible isn't one book. The Bible is an encyclopedia of books written by many different people inspired by God over the time span of hundreds of years.

Also, if people have questions about christianity, check out Dissentor's blog on here, it's turned into a christian group and I'm sure anyone there would be happy to answer any questions.

It didn't turn into one, it was meant to be one. :aware:

Hundreds of years... That means it can be easily corrupted.

I don't follow.

Edited by Dissentor

I don't follow.

How do you know if one of them is corrupt?

You keep using the term "corrupt". What do you mean by "corrupt"?

I don't follow.

I mean it has lost its original purity... Just look at the original Martyrs, true christians, to the Inquisition and all that crap... And the Bible, in the beginning it could have originally have had God's word, but men added their own contribution in...

Edited by Jose0

I don't follow.

I mean it has lost its original purity... Just look at the original Martyrs, true christians, to the Inquisition and all that crap... And the Bible, in the beginning it could have originally have had God's word, but men added their own contribution in...

Exactly. I meant corruption by man. Adding things to benefit for own self

Yeah and this is an undeniable fact, Christian scholars have been forced to admit that the Bible has interpolations and has been polluted by the hands of men. There's no other way to explain the vast amount of variant Bible texts, infact out of the thousands of Greek NT manuscripts, none are completely identical.

There's a slight difference between the explosions you've obviously built into your brain when watching action films and what scientists actually believe happened.

Here's some advice, research something before you make a debate about it.

Amen to you "lethal" I mean seriously....can't you just trust the scientists instead of believing that some "god" person created everything?