Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Sam Boyz

God Vs. Atheism

And God has all that, but the thing is we don't know. If I said that you can go to heaven only if you believe, I must have said it wrong. :blink:

Isn't that the Christian point of view? That you have to accept Jesus Christ as your Saviour in order to be accepted into Heaven?

yes, it is. as well as if you dont repent, no heaven for you.

it all sounds like a scam made up so people will become christian

A man is put in jail for killing a man. He's scheduled to be executed tomorrow. The governor decides to grant him clemency. He visits the jail and sits in the waiting room while the guard goes to tell the man that he has a visitor - and that it's the governor. However, the man says, "**** that, I don't even want to see that pompous bureaucrat's face much less talk to him." The next day, the man is executed. By refusing to speak to the governor, the man didn't get a chance to hear about the offer of clemency.

We're being offered forgiveness by God. He's stretching out his hand. The question is: Are you going to accept or reject it?

And what good is rotting in Hell for eternity even if you did good for the world, despite your lack of belief? It just doesn't make sense. It's not justice at all. It's completely backward.

Have you ever sinned? I know I have. I know that I deserve hell. I don't deserve God's mercy. But he has offered mercy and a shot at eternal life to me and all of mankind through his son Jesus because he is a loving God.

Good people going to Hell just because of a lack of belief is a waste, and extremely callous and uncaring of God to allow happen.

You keep talking about "good" and "good people" and "people that do good". What's your standard for a "good person"? Does not raping women make someone a good person? Donating 50 percent of their income to charity? Smiling 24/7? A combination of the previous? According to God's standard, there is not a single human being that is good enough to earn him or herself a spot in heaven because every one of us sins.

People should be judged on what they do, not what they believe.

I praise God daily that he does not judge us based on what we do. If that was the case, we would all be condemned to hell for all of us have fallen short of true righteousness.

You're calling me a scammer now? I'm going to ignore your posts from now on until you learn to debate without personally attacking your fellow debaters.

A man is put in jail for killing a man. He's scheduled to be executed tomorrow. The governor decides to grant him clemency. He visits the jail and sits in the waiting room while the guard goes to tell the man that he has a visitor - and that it's the governor. However, the man says, "**** that, I don't even want to see that pompous bureaucrat's face much less talk to him." The next day, the man is executed. By refusing to speak to the governor, the man didn't get a chance to hear about the offer of clemency.

The problem with that analogy is that I don't think that God exists. Obviously, the prisoner is aware of the governor's existance... :)

We're being offered forgiveness by God. He's stretching out his hand. The question is: Are you going to accept or reject it?

If He's stretching His hand out to me, He's not stretching far enough. I'm willing to believe in Him, but I can't. If God wants me to believe, all He has to do is allow me to.

And what good is rotting in Hell for eternity even if you did good for the world, despite your lack of belief? It just doesn't make sense. It's not justice at all. It's completely backward.

Have you ever sinned? I know I have. I know that I deserve hell. I don't deserve God's mercy. But he has offered mercy and a shot at eternal life to me and all of mankind through his son Jesus because he is a loving God.

You think you deserve to suffer for eternity for the small transgressions you've committed in life? There's almost nothing in the world that somebody can do that would warrant such a harsh punishment. I do not think I deserve to suffer for eternity. I don't think I deserve eternal bliss, either, but a just God wouldn't send His creations to Hell for their minor wrongdoings.

Good people going to Hell just because of a lack of belief is a waste, and extremely callous and uncaring of God to allow happen.

You keep talking about "good" and "good people" and "people that do good". What's your standard for a "good person"? Does not raping women make someone a good person? Donating 50 percent of their income to charity? Smiling 24/7? A combination of the previous? According to God's standard, there is not a single human being that is good enough to earn him or herself a spot in heaven because every one of us sins.

Just because no one is good enough to deserve Paradise doesn't mean everybody deserves eternal damnation. It's not so black-and-white. Everybody makes mistakes. That doesn't mean everybody is bad. And considering God is all-knowing, maybe He shouldn't set such unrealistic standards...

I praise God daily that he does not judge us based on what we do. If that was the case, we would all be condemned to hell for all of us have fallen short of true righteousness.

You think all of the bad you've done in your life is worth more than all of the good you've done? I don't think that's the case with me. I think I've helped more people than I've hurt. I think I've given more than I've taken.

You're calling me a scammer now? I'm going to ignore your posts from now on until you learn to debate without personally attacking your fellow debaters.

Yeah, seriously isnt evil, cool it down a bit.

Edited by Evin290

If its stretching out its hand to me, how come I haven't seen it anywhere? I'm not going to accept someone's hand that I can't see, and have no evidence that it exists. I mean, why would you, if by taking that hand you are agreeing to devote your life to that person, agree with everything that is said the person said, and spend large amounts of time talking to the person, even though you have no evidence that the person is listening or cares what you have to say?

im under the impression this is for debating, not converting :P

i dont think that you deserve hell, no matter how much i dislike you.

just because we have sinned doesnt condemn us to hell. people like jane goodall and MRS. gates certainly dont deserve us. yknow, god doesnt HAVE to judge by such hard standards. if hes good enough to allow us to repent and get into heaven, then he should hae no problem judging our actions a little less harshly. y'know, to me, it all sounds like... nah, i wont go there.

youre doing it again...

Edited by isnt evil

It DOES sound like a scam made up so people will become Christian, the aspect of hell is basically a threat/blackmail -- "Do this or you're going to suffer even AFTER you're dead" -- It's appealing to a persons desire to live in bliss (heaven) while also feeding on their fear (Hell).

And if you take what he says personally, then you need to understand the word 'Opinion' and stop putting words in his mouth.

It DOES sound like a scam made up so people will become Christian, the aspect of hell is basically a threat/blackmail -- "Do this or you're going to suffer even AFTER you're dead" -- It's appealing to a persons desire to live in bliss (heaven) while also feeding on their fear (Hell).

Or perhaps it sounds like a punishment for those who do wrong?

And if you take what he says personally, then you need to understand the word 'Opinion' and stop putting words in his mouth.

Perhaps if he learned to express his opinion without attacking people, we wouldn't be so offended by what he types.

But who can say what is right and wrong? A book? A book also says wearing blended fabrics in your clothes is wrong :P. I see most organized religion as a scare tactic. It's just alot of "believe or burn" "listen to every word we say or burn" "repress your homosexual urges or burn".

Edited by Assassin

it seems as if i have actually made a point. uh oh. there goes all my respect. well, what was left, anyways

Is their any proof of a 'god' or 'gods'? I have the closest thing I could get to proof of Christ acctually existing (below) but their isn't any proof of a 'God', Jesus. If you have any, please show me it (don't show me the bible though, thats not proof. For all anyone knows, the bible is a big lie. If You expect me to take it as proof of Jesus you will need to be able to back the bible).

Their is proof of Christ, this is the closest I could get to finding any documents linking him to reality. It really only talks about documents from three different regarding Christ and Catholism. The different opinions are those of non-christians (that should be non-catholism :/. Christianity (prodestant) won't be created till after Martin Luther King starts turning on the Catholic church for its greedy actions. The other opinions are of the Christians (catholics) and Jewish.

Don't try playing 'guess and check' with my religion please. I've already had a couple people try to do that (thats you, steve and evin290).

Also, if their was a 'god', Jesus. Why would he create human's and animals so that they can be homosexuals if he didn't want them to be homosexuals?

~sax rocks1 :lol:

Is their any proof of a 'god' or 'gods'? I have the closest thing I could get to proof of Christ acctually existing (below) but their isn't any proof of a 'God', Jesus. If you have any, please show me it (don't show me the bible though, thats not proof. For all anyone knows, the bible is a big lie. If You expect me to take it as proof of Jesus you will need to be able to back the bible).

Their is proof of Christ, this is the closest I could get to finding any documents linking him to reality. It really only talks about documents from three different regarding Christ and Catholism. The different opinions are those of non-christians (that should be non-catholism :/. Christianity (prodestant) won't be created till after Martin Luther King starts turning on the Catholic church for its greedy actions. The other opinions are of the Christians (catholics) and Jewish.

Don't try playing 'guess and check' with my religion please. I've already had a couple people try to do that (thats you, steve and evin290).

Also, if their was a 'god', Jesus. Why would he create human's and animals so that they can be homosexuals if he didn't want them to be homosexuals?

Why would he create people to not follow in him if he wanted people to follow him? It's a decision.(well in this case for homosexuals, they are born with it.)

Their is proof of Christ, this is the closest I could get to finding any documents linking him to reality. It really only talks about documents from three different regarding Christ and Catholism. The different opinions are those of non-christians (that should be non-catholism :o . Christianity (prodestant) won't be created till after Martin Luther King starts turning on the Catholic church for its greedy actions. The other opinions are of the Christians (catholics) and Jewish.

Why would he create people to not follow in him if he wanted people to follow him? It's a decision.(well in this case for homosexuals, they are born with it.)

Thats a great point, why would god create people who wouldn't follow him and people who do follow him if he wants everyone to follow him? If god really went to so much trouble as to create a bible and other things, why would he not make everyone a follower of him? So that he could make some people suffer in hell? So people would be scared into following him? So that punishment is given to people who have sinned and/or don't support him?

~sax rocks1 :/

Edited by Sax Rocks1

think about it

do u rly think u r a monkey

that is racist and insulting 2 ppl

ther is no way the world culd just creat itself like that there is only one posible explination- God Jesus Chrsit. unless u want 2 tell me im a monkey which is dumb :lol:

think about it

ther is no way the world culd just creat itself like that there is only one posible explination- God Jesus Chrsit. unless u want 2 tell me im a monkey which is dumb :lol:

You're not a monkey.

You're a homo sapien, which people who believe in evolution derived from a creature similar to a monkey.

And the world didn't create itself, a massive explosion of matter did.

wut ever its all th same

\

there is no proof that i evolve from monkey

wat do u think this is? pokemon? ppl cant evolve god created us

if we were monkies why did it sy he created MAN AND WOMAN in the beginin of the bible?

r u sayin that he creatd man and then monkees that evolved in 2 man? that dumb. why are there even monkies still left if they evoled?

think about itdo u rly think u r a monkeythat is racist and insulting 2 pplther is no way the world culd just creat itself like that there is only one posible explination- God Jesus Chrsit. unless u want 2 tell me im a monkey which is dumb :lol:
evolution does not say anywhere that you are a monkey. allthough in your case, i wouldnt be surprised.and how is it racist?and how do you know tha your god exists, and not the islam god, or some other god? Edited by isnt evil

wut ever its all th same

\

if we were monkies why did it sy he created MAN AND WOMAN in the beginin of the bible?

r u sayin that he creatd man and then monkees that evolved in 2 man? that dumb. why are there even monkies still left if they evoled?

You're an idiot.

We didn't come from monkeys, but something similar. So did the monkeys. They went down a different path.

And yeah, there is plenty of proof. I.E. BONES! DNA MATCHING OURS!

And don't bother with the Bible. You can't say it is completely correct, if at all.

think about it

Is 95% of your head air, and the other 5 the brain you keep the english language in along with false statements?

Oh great another extreme rightist christian :lol:

But any way I believe god was here before the big bang but then it happened according to god. Oh and by the way, dont believe what you read in the bible, they're FICTIONAL stories. The creation of Earth might've just been a story showing people about gods power?

evolutoin is a lie becuz all the liberals in govermint try to get rid of religion cos they hate god and are all atheist and hate jesus :lol:

What in hell is the republican party?

evolutoin is a lie becuz all the liberals in govermint try to get rid of religion cos they hate god and are all atheist and hate jesus :lol:

You're a freaking idiot.

I have respect for EVERYBODY until they break it.

And you just stomped on it, lit it on fire, and took a dump on my respect.

Not everybody believes in Christianity, and I believe that pretty much everything about it is nothing but a sham, 'cept the existance of Jesus, which is questionable.

OK first off, can I buy crack from you? You sound like the person that I could get some from.

Anyways, is they're any proof we were created by god? Just because a 2000 year old book told me so?

And I willsay again, most of the storys in the bible are fictional.

think about it

ther is no way the world culd just creat itself like that there is only one posible explination- God Jesus Chrsit. unless u want 2 tell me im a monkey which is dumb :wizard:

Your ancestors are probably Monkeys. Read up on Darwin. He's a genius.

think about it

ther is no way the world culd just creat itself like that there is only one posible explination- God Jesus Chrsit. unless u want 2 tell me im a monkey which is dumb :P

You're not a monkey.

You're a homo sapien, which people who believe in evolution derived from a creature similar to a monkey.

And the world didn't create itself, a massive explosion of matter did.

Here's a map of 'our' evolution from the start of Humanity.

wut ever its all th same

\

Read up on Darwin, he can put your words back into your mouth. Oh, and how do you explain against the evolution of animals? The birds that Darwin talks about became adapted to certain conditions and enviornments from long periods of time doing the same thing over and over.

When we evolved into humans, not every monkey was included. Just the animals (monkies) that were going to evolve. Not all the monkies on Earth are on one specific enviornment that never changes. They are spread all over and from needs to work in different enviornments came evolution.

What proof is their that the bible is true? Please don't say its true because it was written by someone who is old and was their at the time. Thats not enough to convince a person its true.

~sax rocks1 :laugh: