Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Sam Boyz

God Vs. Atheism

Is their any proof of a 'god' or 'gods'? I have the closest thing I could get to proof of Christ acctually existing (below) but their isn't any proof of a 'God', Jesus. If you have any, please show me it (don't show me the bible though, thats not proof. For all anyone knows, the bible is a big lie. If You expect me to take it as proof of Jesus you will need to be able to back the bible).

Their is proof of Christ, this is the closest I could get to finding any documents linking him to reality. It really only talks about documents from three different regarding Christ and Catholism. The different opinions are those of non-christians (that should be non-catholism :laugh: . Christianity (prodestant) won't be created till after Martin Luther King starts turning on the Catholic church for its greedy actions. The other opinions are of the Christians (catholics) and Jewish.

Don't try playing 'guess and check' with my religion please. I've already had a couple people try to do that (thats you, steve and evin290).

Also, if their was a 'god', Jesus. Why would he create human's and animals so that they can be homosexuals if he didn't want them to be homosexuals?

~sax rocks1 :wizard:

Why would he create people to not follow in him if he wanted people to follow him? It's a decision.(well in this case for homosexuals, they are born with it.)

Thats a great point, why would god create people who wouldn't follow him and people who do follow him if he wants everyone to follow him? If god really went to so much trouble as to create a bible and other things, why would he not make everyone a follower of him? So that he could make some people suffer in hell? So people would be scared into following him? So that punishment is given to people who have sinned and/or don't support him?

~sax rocks1 :P

Because he wants to give everyone a choice. There would be NO purpose at all if he created the Earth and put us on here for nothing. As well, as Satan persuades people to not believe in him(Not saying that he did to everyone else here that is Atheist.)

He wants people to truly love him.

Is their any proof of a 'god' or 'gods'? I have the closest thing I could get to proof of Christ acctually existing (below) but their isn't any proof of a 'God', Jesus. If you have any, please show me it (don't show me the bible though, thats not proof. For all anyone knows, the bible is a big lie. If You expect me to take it as proof of Jesus you will need to be able to back the bible).

Their is proof of Christ, this is the closest I could get to finding any documents linking him to reality. It really only talks about documents from three different regarding Christ and Catholism. The different opinions are those of non-christians (that should be non-catholism :laugh: . Christianity (prodestant) won't be created till after Martin Luther King starts turning on the Catholic church for its greedy actions. The other opinions are of the Christians (catholics) and Jewish.

Don't try playing 'guess and check' with my religion please. I've already had a couple people try to do that (thats you, steve and evin290).

Also, if their was a 'god', Jesus. Why would he create human's and animals so that they can be homosexuals if he didn't want them to be homosexuals?

~sax rocks1 :wizard:

Why would he create people to not follow in him if he wanted people to follow him? It's a decision.(well in this case for homosexuals, they are born with it.)

Thats a great point, why would god create people who wouldn't follow him and people who do follow him if he wants everyone to follow him? If god really went to so much trouble as to create a bible and other things, why would he not make everyone a follower of him? So that he could make some people suffer in hell? So people would be scared into following him? So that punishment is given to people who have sinned and/or don't support him?

~sax rocks1 :P

Because he wants to give everyone a choice. There would be NO purpose at all if he created the Earth and put us on here for nothing. As well, as Satan persuades people to not believe in him(Not saying that he did to everyone else here that is Atheist.)

oh yes, but if we actually, y'know, USE our choice, we eaither burn in hell or have to go through another one of crz666 kid's posts. ill take the 1st one

And I willsay again, most of the storys in the bible are fictional.

Well yes, the parables. And it's not like God really made Adam and Eve, that's just symbolism. It's like the Greek gods, there are myths to explain things, but they're not true. Believing every word in the bible happened is like believing every Greek myth, or any for that matter, is true.

An atheist can switch to Christianity even on their deathbed. They can pray and that will let you into heaven, because according to the religion, god is forgiving.

In my opinion god will not judge because of your faith but because of how you lived your life and things such as being a good person.

god is real i cant wait for every 1 2 be judged so u atheists will get judged

if god is real, i pray he kills me right now so i dont have to put up with this

God wouldn't punish you for being brought up not believing in Him. God forgives.

And if you take what he says personally, then you need to understand the word 'Opinion' and stop putting words in his mouth.

I don't have a problem with anybody else in this thread besides dark legolas jedi master6. Evin290, Steve, Assassin, mystery_phill, and lilshu all have differing views, but they are able to express them maturely without using words that are designed to inflame.

dark legolas jedi master6 is such a straw puppet, pass it on.

Edited by Dissentor

Thank you for that obvious statement...If everyone gets judged of course Athiests will get judged, so will you. And while you wait, give me some evidence (Besides the bible, which you have no evidence to prove was ever true in the first place) to back up your wild points, such as how Evolution doesn't exist, or else it's not worth acknowledging your presence much any more.

Edited by Pixel

If you're going to make statements like that, try actually backing it up instead of quoting the object of debate.

the point is this theory will die out as human evolve people will learn to walk on their own 2 feet not kneeling thheir whole life so believe whatever you belive because it will die out .unless mr god (is that ok) come out of hiding in other word when god comes out there will be absolute chaos no doubt... still this is my theory not yours

Edited by Sukhoi

I believe in God in all, but I'd find it very ironic if that day comes and you're the one that gets judged. You don't know what God will do, you have NO right to say what you have been saying.

I hate how so many people flame others, and whatnot because they don't believe in the same religion as the person flaming does.

Because he wants to give everyone a choice.

But belief isn't a choice. I could try as hard as I could to believe in the Invisible Pink Unicorn, but I wouldn't be able to. No matter how hard I tried.

There would be NO purpose at all if he created the Earth and put us on here for nothing.

Is that to say that our only purpose is to believe in Him, and if we don't fulfill that purpose we are condemned to Hell for all eternity? That seems like a lame reason to create a whole sentient species, no?

As well, as Satan persuades people to not believe in him(Not saying that he did to everyone else here that is Atheist.)

If God is omnipotent and Satan isn't and I want to believe in God despite Satan's supposed persuasion over my thoughts, why can't I believe in Him?

He wants me to love Him. He loves me and wants me to get into Heaven. The only way I can get into Heaven is if I believe in Him. I want to believe in Him and to love Him. He has the power to allow me to both believe in Him and love Him. He would not be stripping me of my free will because I want both. Why is it then that I can't believe? Logically, I should.

the point is this theory will die out as human evolve people will learn to walk on their own 2 feet not kneeling thheir whole life so believe whatever you belive because it will die out .unless mr god (is that ok) come out of hiding in other word when god comes out there will be absolute chaos no doubt... still this is my theory not yours

While there is a trend of nonbelief, there is also a disturbing trend of fundamentalism and literalism. I, too, hope that these will die out. If they don't, any sort of peace will be impossible. :D Atleast with nonbelief, there's hope for coexistence...

Edited by Evin290

Evin, it truly seems as though you don't really want to believe in him. Or, you're wanting to believe in him for the wrong reasons.

Nope. You're wrong.

The thing that truely confuses me is how God is his own father. God isnt dad and son. Your saying he has a partner. And how do Christians come to think that Jesus has a last name? I think they just thought "hmmm, ok we're going to call God Jesus Christ"

If you really wanted to believe in God, you'd believe in him

I can definitely relate to Evin290. I remember being in a very similar position as him a little less than a year ago, wanting to believe that there was a God out there who cared about me but unable to do so because of lingering doubts.

Evin, it truly seems as though you don't really want to believe in him. Or, you're wanting to believe in him for the wrong reasons.

Nope. You're wrong.

If you really wanted to believe in God, you'd believe in him :unsure:

Nope. I really do, and I cannot.

I can definitely relate to Evin290. I remember being in a very similar position as him a little less than a year ago, wanting to believe that there was a God out there who cared about me but unable to do so because of lingering doubts.

What was the breaking point for you? How did you manage to believe? Do you think you could help me to do the same?

That's what I'm getting at. It seems that you aren't really 100% on board with the whole God thing at the moment, Evin.

Well, I'm not on board with the whole God thing at all, considering I don't believe He exists. Wanting to believe something doesn't make it true. Say, someone you love dies. Very few people would be able to convince themselves that their loved one is still alive, unless they had some sort of psychotic break. Wanting to believe doesn't necessitate belief.

Edited by Evin290

The thing that truely confuses me is how God is his own father. God isnt dad and son. Your saying he has a partner. And how do Christians come to think that Jesus has a last name? I think they just thought "hmmm, ok we're going to call God Jesus Christ"

Jesus Christ is the son of God, but he is considered God. They are 2 seperate beings.

Nope. You're wrong.

If you really wanted to believe in God, you'd believe in him :unsure:

The thing that truely confuses me is how God is his own father. God isnt dad and son. Your saying he has a partner.

Sex partner? No. God did not go and have sex, then have a son. God=Jesus. We are all children of God.

And how do Christians come to think that Jesus has a last name? I think they just thought "hmmm, ok we're going to call God Jesus Christ"

Doesn't Christ mean something? It's not a last name...

I think Christ means savior. And no, it's not true. As much as you want to believe God, sometimes you think of counter arguements. And you debate with yourself.

Me too. I had a little tutor thing after school, and the teacher there was extremely smart and he explained all the different sides about it, it really made me open up my mind, but I came to find that I truly believe in God.

And Evin, because you as yourself has come to believe that you don't think he exists. There are points where when one has a doubt, that they can turn back, but I think you might be past that point. I'm probably wrong, but I don't think that anytime soon that you will find yourself to truly believe in Him.

Edited by Nintendo

And Evin, because you as yourself has come to believe that you don't think he exists. There are points where when one has a doubt, that they can turn back, but I think you might be past that point. I'm probably wrong, but I don't think that anytime soon that you will find yourself to truly believe in Him.

Yikes, I hope that's not the case. What makes you think so anyway? Plenty of staunchly atheistic people have turned to faith late in life. It's not as though I'm closing myself off to all other sides of the story, either.

Yikes, I hope that's not the case. What makes you think so anyway? Plenty of staunchly atheistic people have turned to faith late in life. It's not as though I'm closing myself off to all other sides of the story, either.

Because those staunchly atheistic people grew up athesists and didn't bother to try and understand Christianity. Usually it's an event that happens that turns that belief up. Like, my dad was recently in a car accident. If you would have seen his work van, you would have thought that no way anyone survived that. He did, and has only a broken femur, luckily. That made me believe that it's pretty much a miracle he's a live, and no luck was involved in that. It was purely the work of God.

Because those staunchly atheistic people grew up athesists and didn't bother to try and understand Christianity.

But it's not as though Christianity inherently makes complete sense to anybody who bothers to learn about it.

Usually it's an event that happens that turns that belief up. Like, my dad was recently in a car accident. If you would have seen his work van, you would have thought that no way anyone survived that. He did, and has only a broken femur, luckily. That made me believe that it's pretty much a miracle he's a live, and no luck was involved in that. It was purely the work of God.

I'm glad about your father being okay, but people survive car accidents all the time. And, more importantly, people are killed in them all the time. Why does you father deserve to live when so many others die? I don't see any sort of plan working here. But if you're convinced, who am I to deny you? If you really believe that it was God's work that saved your father, I can't change your mind. And I wouldn't want to, either.

Because those staunchly atheistic people grew up athesists and didn't bother to try and understand Christianity.

But it's not as though Christianity inherently makes complete sense to anybody who bothers to learn about it.

Usually it's an event that happens that turns that belief up. Like, my dad was recently in a car accident. If you would have seen his work van, you would have thought that no way anyone survived that. He did, and has only a broken femur, luckily. That made me believe that it's pretty much a miracle he's a live, and no luck was involved in that. It was purely the work of God.

I'm glad about your father being okay, but people survive car accidents all the time. And, more importantly, people are killed in them all the time. Why does you father deserve to live when so many others die? I don't see any sort of plan working here. But if you're convinced, who am I to deny you? If you really believe that it was God's work that saved your father, I can't change your mind. And I wouldn't want to, either.

I didn't mean it was a never heard of thing, it just was weird. :) I get what you are saying though. I am just being an idiot. :o