Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Doddsy

Dorgesh-kaan City Guide

The other people you will meet around the market are the little merchants who will try to sell you some local merchandise:

(I need someone to make the little pics transparent)

You don't anymore :P

The other people you will meet around the market are the little merchants who will try to sell you some local merchandise:

(I need someone to make the little pics transparent)

You don't anymore :blink:

Oh Yeah

You better get that map sorted. It is horrid and as long as that isn't changed this guide has as much chance as a snowball in hell. Warren did one part of the map (and how it should be) in post 21. Use that and change the other part to the same quality. http://runescape.salmoneus.net/forums/inde...t&p=1280498

-Simple--

for the construction xp i will try to find it out how much it gives today, i think it's 1k for long bone, 1,5k for the curved but that ain't sure yet!

also for the map it's true

and about the different shops, 1 number indeed is enough for marketplace :blink:, it would be too crowded indeed

if there is something else i can help with feel free to pm me, but mapping i can't do

I'll re-post my map of the city, you'll find I have edited it even more!

GoblinMap1stFloor.png

You better get that map sorted. It is horrid and as long as that isn't changed this guide has as much chance as a snowball in hell. Warren did one part of the map (and how it should be) in post 21. Use that and change the other part to the same quality. http://runescape.salmoneus.net/forums/inde...t&p=1280498

-Simple--

I know the map is horrid and as I din't map it there isn't much I could do about it. Warren's change looks great though

for the construction xp i will try to find it out how much it gives today, i think it's 1k for long bone, 1,5k for the curved but that ain't sure yet!

also for the map it's true

and about the different shops, 1 number indeed is enough for marketplace -.-, it would be too crowded indeed

if there is something else i can help with feel free to pm me, but mapping i can't do

Finding the construction will be extremely helpful :(

You may want to include in here the ability to theive from the chests with a picklock at lvl 52 for average and lvl 78 for rich

If someone can show exact where to theive them I will add it

I'll re-post my map of the city, you'll find I have edited it even more!

GoblinMap1stFloor.png

I know you said before that you wouldn't but could you please do the top floor. It would be extremely appreciated :blink:

I could have a go at doing the top floor - but it has lots of mistakes to fix, so it could take me some time.

EDIT: Sorry but I cannot do it, it is too wonky and too hard to edit. I suggest you re-map the top floor.

Edited by Warren

I could have a go at doing the top floor - but it has lots of mistakes to fix, so it could take me some time.

EDIT: Sorry but I cannot do it, it is too wonky and too hard to edit. I suggest you re-map the top floor.

Okely doke :blink:

still haven't gotten such a bone myself, been killing quite a lot yesterday in hope of getting one and thus testing the con bonus it gives

looks like a rather rare drop...

i'll keep trying to get some or get the info from a reliable source

from the KB

"Sometimes you will receive a long bone or a curved bone from some of the larger creatures of RuneScape. If you take them to Barlak's store in the west of Dorgesh-Kaan (rather than burying them), he will offer payment as well as teaching you a bit about Construction (provided you already have level 30 Construction or higher)."

creatures that drop big bones drop those, confirmed that ogre's, hill giants adn mossies drop them

i'll go on a moss giant killing spree till i have some

Edited by Egghebrecht

still haven't gotten such a bone myself, been killing quite a lot yesterday in hope of getting one and thus testing the con bonus it gives

looks like a rather rare drop...

i'll keep trying to get some or get the info from a reliable source

from the KB

"Sometimes you will receive a long bone or a curved bone from some of the larger creatures of RuneScape. If you take them to Barlak's store in the west of Dorgesh-Kaan (rather than burying them), he will offer payment as well as teaching you a bit about Construction (provided you already have level 30 Construction or higher)."

creatures that drop big bones drop those, confirmed that ogre's, hill giants adn mossies drop them

i'll go on a moss giant killing spree till i have some

I know that all the monsters that drop them are the ones that drop big bones. If you found the exact amount it would be hugely apreciated

-Simple--

My fault :P

I mapped it in about 2 hours, except the default North position is wonky :unsure:

Edited by Evolution

Wow, this is still under construction? Wasn't this topic posted a few weeks ago?

It was, but only the map is to do, and as the camera turns as you walk it is increasingly difficult to map!

- Audio -

:D

Bartak: He is the head engineer and mechanic of Dorgesh-kaan and because of this great responsibility he is a bit paranoid. Try not too make him to tense!

should be "too tense"

Bartering with the Gourmet goblins is an art in its own right. Before you can sell to 'Gourmet' is by gaining permission form the council member at the time. I will cover this later in the city guide. The best way to make money off them is to go to every single 'Gourmet' and offer a good price. Keep bartering until they accept that price. Remember each price they offer. Once you have gone through each one go back to the one that offered the most. If done right you can sell food for much over its real value though it can be hard to get some of them to settle on prices. Once you have sold your food it is suggested that you use a new type of food and redo the process.

form = from

redo = re-do

Also this part of the paragraph doesn't sound right:

Before you can sell to 'Gourmet' is by gaining permission form the council member at the time.

Change it to:

Before you can sell food to the 'Gourmet' you must gain permission from the council member.

[Edit2] Better change the title until you have checked each and everything you wrote. See the end of the post for the why...

Barlak information:

For the Long Bone he will pay 1k each and if your construction is 30 or higher he will 'teach' you some construction. 1500xp per Long Bone. On the radar map he is located in the western chamber. Go south-west when in the market, then take the corridor west, head north to Barlak.

Oh, the reason he offered 2k was because I had 2 bones in my inventory (you cannot sell less than you have on you)

The bones were a drop from Fire Giants. No information on the Curved Bone yet.

barlak.png

barlak2.png

barlak3.png

barlak4.png

barlak5.png

barlak6.png

One last thing: You better take a look at the city guides Mrcsupertrain did. The use of numbers on the map and the subsequent explanation is far easier to follow than what you wrote. There simply is no structure in this guide and makes it hard to find things you need/want to find.

[Edit] Well now, one more chunck of comment. It is obvious you haven't even tried to access the city by one of the methodes you advise: The Fairy Rings. Sure enough it will transport you to the area with the code you gave. Just where you end up is the complete opposite of what you want us to believe.

You end up in the dungeon at the south end of the area. From there you need to walk north then west to end up at a ladder. Climb this and you will be at the start point of the agility course. See: That is a long way off from the mines you seem to think where you end up.

Please, do try the things you advise. Saves a lot of hassle to check each and everything....

--Simple--

Edited by Simple013

[Edit2] Better change the title until you have checked each and everything you wrote. See the end of the post for the why...

Barlak information:

For the Long Bone he will pay 1k each and if your construction is 30 or higher he will 'teach' you some construction. 1500xp per Long Bone. On the radar map he is located in the western chamber. Go south-west when in the market, then take the corridor west, head north to Barlak.

Oh, the reason he offered 2k was because I had 2 bones in my inventory (you cannot sell less than you have on you)

The bones were a drop from Fire Giants. No information on the Curved Bone yet.

barlak.png

barlak2.png

barlak3.png

barlak4.png

barlak5.png

barlak6.png

One last thing: You better take a look at the city guides Mrcsupertrain did. The use of numbers on the map and the subsequent explanation is far easier to follow than what you wrote. There simply is no structure in this guide and makes it hard to find things you need/want to find.

[Edit] Well now, one more chunck of comment. It is obvious you haven't even tried to access the city by one of the methodes you advise: The Fairy Rings. Sure enough it will transport you to the area with the code you gave. Just where you end up is the complete opposite of what you want us to believe.

You end up in the dungeon at the south end of the area. From there you need to walk north then west to end up at a ladder. Climb this and you will be at the start point of the agility course. See: That is a long way off from the mines you seem to think where you end up.

Please, do try the things you advise. Saves a lot of hassle to check each and everything....

--Simple--

Thanks for all the stuff on the bones.

I do not have access to the fairy rings so when someone told me I had to trust them :D

I am going to add numbers once I get both floors mapped properly. I cannot map the floors as my arrows keeys are broken and gently move meaning the camera doesn't stay at North. Once I have the maps I will add the numbers as I have already planned out the numbers.

- Audio -

:wub:

Edited by Doddsy1992

So you only need the top floor? I will try to map it.

EDIT:Do you need the second floor, third floor, or both?

Edited by Hawk

Thats the one that needs to be redone. I am doing the second floor atm

Thats the one that needs to be redone. I am doing the second floor atm

That would be much apreciated

Is this one good enough?

dorgeshuunmapmarkedfm6fhu8.png

I did my best.

OnYx :unsure:

You didn't edit it! Its still wonky, and all he needs is the second floor to complete his guide.

EDIT: Finally finished.

Is this good?

dorgeshkannmappz7.png

[IMG=http://img250.imageshack.us/img250/9007/dorgeshkannmappz7.png]

Edited by Hawk

EDIT: Finally finished.

Is this good?

dorgeshkannmappz7.png

[IMG=http://img250.imageshack.us/img250/9007/dorgeshkannmappz7.png]

Thanks for that. I will add them together and add the numbers this evening as I cannot do it right now :D

- Audio -

:blink:

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines and Privacy Policy.